PDA

View Full Version : Ade's Living DNA results

Adrian Stevenson
03-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Hi All, my results have come in ahead of schedule. :biggrin1:

My background of testing and family history can be read here:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?3378-What-next

My main goal of taking the test was to gain access to the regional breakdown of the autosomal results. What was I expecting? Well, I hoped that the results would match my known paper trail ancestry. And I must say I am really pleased with the results:

Europe 100%

Great Britain and Ireland 97.3%

Central England 28.2%
Lincolnshire 13.7%
South Yorkshire 13.4%
Southeast England 12.4%
Northwest England 8.2%
South Central England 6.2%
North Yorkshire 3.1%
Northumbria 2.9%
South England 2.6%
Great Britain and Ireland (unassigned) 6.5%
Europe (unassigned) 2.7%

This really does match well to my paper trail.

I know that my Y and MTDNA results are rather simplistic at present, given I already knew these in better detail from early 2014 test at Britain's DNA. But they do confirm Y Haplogroup I and MTDNA Haplogroup T.

What I have found really exciting are my Uncle's results. (Mum's brother). I really wanted to test him to gain access to my Maternal Granddad's Y Haplogroup. My Granddad died when I was only a few months old. So my Uncle was my last chance to find the Higgs family Y group, given he only has a daughter. This was a real surprise! He has come out as J1A. Totally unexpected! Given Mum is T2C1 added to his result, this may well begin to explain some of the Gedmatch calculator results I have been getting.

Cheers, Ade.

Adrian Stevenson
03-16-2017, 11:36 PM
Compare my map to this POBI map. The red squares of Central England fit well to my results.

A Norfolk L-M20
03-16-2017, 11:39 PM
If I recall, you had a weird little pull to somewhere in Asia on some of your GEDmatch auDNA?

Adrian Stevenson
03-16-2017, 11:44 PM
Hi Paul, yes, that is right. I wonder if this is why?

I am really thrilled to find something unexpected.

Cheers, Ade.

A Norfolk L-M20
03-16-2017, 11:45 PM
It all looks as though your results are lining up doesn't it? And a cool discovery, well done Mate.

JMcB
03-16-2017, 11:59 PM
It all looks as though your results are lining up doesn't it? And a cool discovery, well done Mate.

Yes, I'll second that, congratulations Ade! As someone who is less sure about his precise English origins, your results are certainly encouraging.

Jessie
03-17-2017, 01:37 AM
Hi All, my results have come in ahead of schedule. :biggrin1:

My background of testing and family history can be read here:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?3378-What-next

My main goal of taking the test was to gain access to the regional breakdown of the autosomal results. What was I expecting? Well, I hoped that the results would match my known paper trail ancestry. And I must say I am really pleased with the results:

Europe 100%

Central England 28.2%
Lincolnshire 13.7%
South Yorkshire 13.4%
Southeast England 12.4%
Northwest England 8.2%
North Yorkshire 3.1%
Northumbria 2.9%
South England 2.6%
Europe (unassigned) 2.7%

This really does match well to my paper trail.

I know that my Y and MTDNA results are rather simplistic at present, given I already knew these in better detail from early 2014 test at Britain's DNA. But they do confirm Y Haplogroup I and MTDNA Haplogroup T.

What I have found really exciting are my Uncle's results. (Mum's brother). I really wanted to test him to gain access to my Maternal Granddad's Y Haplogroup. My Granddad died when I was only a few months old. So my Uncle was my last chance to find the Higgs family Y group, given he only has a daughter. This was a real surprise! He has come out as J1A. Totally unexpected! Given Mum is T2C1 added to his result, this may well begin to explain some of the Gedmatch calculator results I have been getting.

Cheers, Ade.

All English regions. That's pretty impressive.

sktibo
03-17-2017, 01:44 AM
This test definitely seems to do a great job for English regions.

deadly77
03-17-2017, 04:13 AM
Sounds great that your results match up with your paper trail. Cheers for sharing, Ade.

ollie444
03-17-2017, 12:41 PM
This test definitely seems to do a great job for English regions.

I disagree - I don't think it can distinguish regions in Southern England that are non-Celtic. I'll be posting my thoughts on my grandfather's results, who is predominantly from Worcestershire/Shropshire, later today.

sktibo
03-17-2017, 05:18 PM
I disagree - I don't think it can distinguish regions in Southern England that are non-Celtic. I'll be posting my thoughts on my grandfather's results, who is predominantly from Worcestershire/Shropshire, later today.

Got a lot of my English regions within the large red cluster on POBI quite close to my paper trail, but I also got 0% central England which should have been my largest English region.
I think it's definitely doing something right but there's also some areas where it's off for sure. Going to have to wait and see what I am assigned if / when they correct my test results... And there's definitely at least something wrong with those results so let's hope it's a when.
Perhaps they ​have more trouble with some regions within the big red cluster than others, it did after all correctly assign Norfolk as mostly east Anglian. (Albeit greatly underestimating it). So they are able to differentiate within the big red cluster to some degree.. however it wouldn't surprise me if some regions within it are more problematic than others

C J Wyatt III
03-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Got a lot of my English regions within the large red cluster on POBI quite close to my paper trail, but I also got 0% central England which should have been my largest English region.

How far back do your Central England lines go before you reach the brickwalls? Living DNA might be picking up something that you can't see.

Thanks,

Jack

sktibo
03-17-2017, 08:42 PM
How far back do your Central England lines go before you reach the brickwalls? Living DNA might be picking up something that you can't see.

Thanks,

Jack

Most traced to 1700-1720, some as far as 1610. All Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire area, off memory, I think there's distant ties to Yorkshire too but I have no percentage in any of the Yorkshire categories. We now know they had technical problems with their illumina chip, so until I receive my revised results, I can't really look into this with any degree of certainty. I think two anthrogenica users have had their results corrected so far and hopefully we'll see more soon

C J Wyatt III
03-17-2017, 08:51 PM
Most traced to 1700-1720, some as far as 1610. All Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire area, off memory, I think there's distant ties to Yorkshire too but I have no percentage in any of the Yorkshire categories. We now know they had technical problems with their illumina chip, so until I receive my revised results, I can't really look into this with any degree of certainty. I think two anthrogenica users have had their results corrected so far and hopefully we'll see more soon

I wasn't aware of the technical problems. Wait and see.

Jack

Adrian Stevenson
03-18-2017, 08:55 AM
Thanks to everyone for the comments and interest.

Going out to lunch today with my Uncle to give him his results.

Cheers, Ade.

Adrian Stevenson
03-26-2017, 11:38 AM
My Uncle was really surprised with his results and very pleased to discover this. His daughter is now interested in testing to find out about her MT line.

Cheers, Ade,

Adrian Stevenson
06-17-2017, 09:43 AM
My new results are in, first off are my old results followed by the new:

Europe 100%

Central England 28.2%
Lincolnshire 13.7%
South Yorkshire 13.4%
Southeast England 12.4%
Northwest England 8.2%
North Yorkshire 3.1%
Northumbria 2.9%
South England 2.6%
Europe (unassigned) 2.7%

Europe 100%
Great Britain and Ireland 98.3%
Central England 29.2%
South Yorkshire 16.6%
Southeast England 14.8%
Lincolnshire 12.4%
Northwest England 10.4%
South England 4.7%
Great Britain and Ireland (unassigned) 10.1%
Europe (unassigned) 1.7%

Cheers, Ade.

06-17-2017, 09:48 AM
Your North Yorkshire and Northumbria have taken a hit, does this match the paper trail better?

Adrian Stevenson
06-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Thanks for asking.

Actually,, it does fit better paper trail wise as I had nothing from either of these two regions that I was aware of.

Cheers, Ade.