PDA

View Full Version : My results

Candy
03-17-2017, 04:47 AM
DNA.land has me confused. I uploaded my raw DNA data from Ancestry.

My original Ancestry results were:

90% Great Britain
3% Europe East
2% Europe West
1% Finland/Northwest Russia
2% Africa Southeastern Bantu
1% Native American
1% Caucasus

Meanwhile, here are my DNA.land results:

DNA.land surprised me with 18% Slavic. Very different from what Ancestry showed for me. The only things DNA.land and Ancestry seem to agree on for me are British and Russian (?), just different percentages.

I have an easier time believing Ancestry, based on what I have read and discovered about my ancestors, on both of my parents sides. But I also wonder if DNA.land could actually be more accurate.

sktibo
03-17-2017, 05:18 AM
I'd probably go with Ancestry on this. If you want one that's more accurate I'd say 23andme is the best, unless you're mostly of British heritage in which case I'd go with Living DNA.

Candy
03-17-2017, 05:43 PM
I would love to try 23andMe someday. I've heard good things about it. I am mostly of British heritage. Living DNA also looks really interesting.

sktibo
03-17-2017, 07:02 PM
I would love to try 23andMe someday. I've heard good things about it. I am mostly of British heritage. Living DNA also looks really interesting.

23andme is the safer bet, it has it's problems for sure, but they all do.

cvolt
03-17-2017, 07:43 PM
Lol I feel like dna land is hit or miss with most people. I'd trust Ancestry more in this case since it lines up more with your paper trail. I'd like to try 23 and me as well someday :)