PDA

View Full Version : L1c2a1b

lwell
03-25-2017, 09:34 PM
My mtDNA result was L1c2a1b! Central Africa. I am curious when and how this ended up in Mexico. So far, google has led me nowhere with information. Anyone else here belong to it? I'm hungry for information.

fished
03-26-2017, 03:48 AM
Most African slaves brought to Mexico were from West Africa, as in the rest of the New World. However, smaller numbers of slaves were also brought across the Atlantic from the Congo Valley and Angola. If your lineage is Central African, it may have originated there. As for when, the largest numbers of Africans seem to have been brought into Mexico in the 16th and 17th centuries.

lwell
03-26-2017, 01:45 PM
I see trace amounts of Central and East African and 2 point something of West African, so I think slavery is probably the right theory. I think I had initially discarded the idea of female slaves as rare or improbable, but they, of course, must have had female slaves.

Alfa
06-07-2020, 05:14 AM
Most African slaves brought to Mexico were from West Africa, as in the rest of the New World. However, smaller numbers of slaves were also brought across the Atlantic from the Congo Valley and Angola. If your lineage is Central African, it may have originated there. As for when, the largest numbers of Africans seem to have been brought into Mexico in the 16th and 17th centuries.

There is a person Rwanda/Burundi who was found to be L1c1'2'4'6. L1c2a1, L1c2b2 are absent in Central West Africa.

Afro Americans who carry L1c2a1, L1c2b2, they are most likely descendants of slaves who were taken from South West Africa like Angola. L1c2a1, L1c2b2 are mostly found in South Central Africa/South East Africa/East Africa, and east regions of Angola in the bantoue dominated regions. But, there are also pygmies and khoisan people in those regions. There is very good chance that L1c1'2'4'6 originated in East Africa/South east Africa Huntersgatherers pygmies/perhaps khoisan speakers like Hadza. B-M112 and L1c are connected.