PDA

View Full Version : Mtdna Haplogroup - H1e-G16129A!

kaybee
03-29-2017, 01:47 AM
Well, I am back hopefully to stay this time. :). I have been catching up on testing results and found that my mtdna is listed as a potential new sub-branch at FTDNA. I have never had a full match and it had been suggested when I first got my results that perhaps there was an error.

I am wondering if there is any value in having any relatives from the same maternal lineage tested. This line is from County Mayo, Ireland.

Thoughts? Thanks for any ideas.

Kathleen

kaybee
03-29-2017, 12:41 PM
It seems that I do need to find some matches, preferably not from my known family, to supplement my loan sample submitted to Genbank.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/EU555475

Judith
03-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Many people have extra mutations which will eventually be a new sub clade, when someone else tests who matches. Non-related people count so much more in understanding human variation, so try to be patient?
Local people have higher chance of a match if your maternal lines have been local for some time, but not if you are a recent migrant!

kaybee
03-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Thanks. I have been more than patient. I tested in 2006! My maternal line emigrated from County Mayo Ireland in the early 1870s. They had been in Ireland for many centuries prior to that (if not thousands of years).