PDA

View Full Version : MorelyDNA Sublcade Preditor

Dibran
05-02-2017, 02:21 AM
Hi all,

Before I waste a huge amount of time, would MorelyDNA Subclade predictor, be able to predict a subclade for my 23andme results? Or will it only predict the same classification given by 23andme?

Im R-M417 on 23, and I wonder if plugging in the data to the predictor will have a more defined classification.

Kind regards,

Dibran

vettor
05-02-2017, 03:39 AM
Hi all,

Before I waste a huge amount of time, would MorelyDNA Subclade predictor, be able to predict a subclade for my 23andme results? Or will it only predict the same classification given by 23andme?

Im R-M417 on 23, and I wonder if plugging in the data to the predictor will have a more defined classification.

Kind regards,

Dibran

the program IIRC is 2 or 3 years old..........try Nevgen instead

Wing Genealogist
05-02-2017, 09:31 AM
23andMe only has a relatively small number of Y-SNPs and using any predictor would basically be a waste of time.

If you are really interested in your Y-DNA haplogroup (and have the finances) then Next Generation Sequence/Whole Genome Sequence (NGS/WGS) is the route to take. If you don't have the finances, the next best would be to take a SNP Panel test from YSEQ or a SNP Pack test from FTDNA.