PDA

View Full Version : Question about geno 2.0 next gen

sktibo
05-02-2017, 02:28 AM
I'm thinking about ordering Geno 2.0, but I'm not sure if it has a British and Scandinavian category anymore or if those were only present in the older versions. Is it just Northwest Europe now? Thanks

jpb
05-02-2017, 04:15 AM
Just Northwest Europe. I'd be curious to see your results though if you do it because Northwestern Europeans usually get other European elements.

sktibo
05-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Just Northwest Europe. I'd be curious to see your results though if you do it because Northwestern Europeans usually get other European elements.

That's really disappointing that they removed their Western Europe categories. Would you mind sharing whatever info you can about their categories, I saw you were assigned German and French as your top two categories in another thread... Are you able to see what the other categories similar to these are? Thank you

Celt_??
05-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Here are the categories and map I received with Geno 2.0 NG from last summer:

I am curious exactly why they made the change. Seems like a step backwards.

Celt_??
05-03-2017, 05:08 PM
I emailed Helix directly and couple days ago about what regions they could report. This is their email reply:

"Thank you for reaching out. Helix is a platform that sequences DNA 100 time more data than any other consumer genetics laboratory available!

The way our platform works is that Helix sequences and securely stores your genetic data. You gain information and analysis via our partners.

As of our product launch on 11/21/2016, National Geographic's Geno 2.0 Next Generation Project is the only product currently available. This is a deep look at your distant ancestral history and migration patterns. Because this is look at your ancestry from 200,000 - 500 years ago, the Geno 2.0 Project does not make any accessorial connections with anyone alive today. Please see the link below if you have any other questions about the Geno 2.0 Project:

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/

As more partner products become available through our platform, you will be able to learn more about yourself and your genetic makeup. Please stay posted for future products coming in 2017.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at 844-211-2070. Thank you,
Helix Customer Care"