PDA

View Full Version : Professor Doug McDonald

smg513jethro1
05-03-2017, 01:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here! Thank you for this great site. I'm trying to distinguish my Italian/Sicilian DNA from what is looking like Jewish/Hebrew DNA and am trying to reach Professor Doug McDonald. Can one of the admins please send me his email, or let me know how to get in touch with him? That is if, in fact, he is still testing for people. Please and thank you.

Susan

Angoliga
05-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Hi Susan, welcome to the forum :)

I just private msg'd you his contact.

He's quite selective of persons he tests but perhaps your Jewish and Sicilian ancestry might be enough of a novelty.

Here's a past thread (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?22-Your-Dr-McDonald-Results)discussing other members results and Mr. McDonald's preferred criteria of selected kits.

Ben

Sikeliot
05-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here! Thank you for this great site. I'm trying to distinguish my Italian/Sicilian DNA from what is looking like Jewish/Hebrew DNA and am trying to reach Professor Doug McDonald. Can one of the admins please send me his email, or let me know how to get in touch with him? That is if, in fact, he is still testing for people. Please and thank you.

Susan

From my experience, he is able to differentiate the two. He did not used to be, but his tests have gotten better and as of now he is generally able to do so. He could tell I was not Jewish when I sent my results, but I ended up with leftover Middle Eastern as a result. Email him and see if he will process your data :)

lukaszM
05-05-2017, 09:42 AM
I think it's very hard because substantial portion of Askhenazi genetics is partly South Italian. I see from testing many calcs and oracles that always it's very dubious.

kevinduffy
05-05-2017, 09:12 PM
I think it's very hard because substantial portion of Askhenazi genetics is partly South Italian. I see from testing many calcs and oracles that always it's very dubious.

I think a lot of Sicilians have semitic ancestry which also confuses the issue.