PDA

View Full Version : Post your GenePlaza Results!

nuplix
05-20-2017, 04:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EIIEPhK.png

JFWinstone
05-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Geneplaza

DNA.Land

lilac9
05-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Is this just DNA.land with a new name?

AJL
05-20-2017, 04:51 PM
It's a Belgian registered company, with various European staff, I don't see any connection to DNA Land which is US-based with North American staff.

lilac9
05-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Ok but the graphics colors look exactly the same.

AJL
05-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Perhaps they just weren't original in their web design? :)

lilac9
05-20-2017, 05:01 PM
Doesn't have the specificity I'm looking for but what the hell I'll try it because it seems to be free.

JFWinstone
05-20-2017, 05:13 PM
At the bottom of the page it says - This application uses Dr. Joe Pickrell's ancestry algorithm and the design of DNA.Land

AJL
05-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Ah OK, so same algorithm, even if different company.

Sikeliot
05-20-2017, 05:29 PM
How long does it take after the upload?

lilac9
05-20-2017, 05:37 PM
It says 24 hours. They will send you an e-mail when results are ready. I've got 2 profiles waiting.

05-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Processing ��

lilac9
05-20-2017, 10:11 PM
Eesh not very good! How is it that some of you got a separate geneplaza result from the DNA.land app result? I am only getting the DNA.land app result which btw is different from my original DNA.land results.

lilac9
05-20-2017, 11:04 PM
Ok my results. I couldn't get the whole snip so 2.2 Ambiguous is missing at the bottom. Also the description is missing the details for West African and Mediterranean so no clue to what groups they included there. They have to fix their app to include that info.

I am Latina of 100% Puerto Rican ancestry.

1)Eurasian 75% a)Southwestern European 47%
b) Northwest European 15%
c)Mediterranean 9.5%
d) Ambiguous Eurasian 3.6%

2) African 9.3% a)North African 7.7%
b)Ambiguous African 1.6%

3) Native American 9%
4) West African 4.4%
5) Ambiguous 2.2%

Insert image isn't working for me with tinypic image.

Kurd
05-20-2017, 11:51 PM
Northern Iraqi Kurd:

Central AsianIncludes: Altaian, Kalmyk, Tuvinian and Yakut in Russia

Does not include: Biaka (Pygmy) in Central African Republic; Mbuti (Pygmy) in Congo; Hadza in Tanzania; Mongol, Daur, Hezhen, Oroqen, Tu, Uygur and Xibo in China; Chukchi, Itelmen, Nganasan, Tubalar, Ulchi, Balkar, Chechen, Kumyk, Lezgin, Mordovian and Adygei in (Caucasus and 10 other sites) Russia; Turkmen and Uzbek in Uzbekistan; Abkhasian in Abkhazia/Georgia; Ashkenazi Jew in Poland and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)

Central IndoeuropeanIncludes: Abkhasian in Abkhazia/Georgia; Armenian in Armenia; Georgian/Megrels in Georgia; Iranian in Iran; Druze in (Carmel) Israel; Balkar, Chechen, Kumyk, Lezgin, North Ossetian and Adygei in (Caucasus and 5 other sites) Russia and Turkish in (Adana, Aydin, Balikesir, Istanbul, Kayseri, Trabzon and 1 other site) Turkey
Does not include: Biaka (Pygmy) in Central African Republic; Mbuti (Pygmy) in Congo; Egyptian in Egypt; Hadza in Tanzania; Kalmyk and Mordovian in Russia; Turkmen in Uzbekistan; Brahui and Makrani in Pakistan; Bulgarian in Bulgaria; Cypriot in Cyprus; Greek in Greece; Jordanian in Jordan; Ashkenazi Jew in Poland; Saudi in Saudi Arabia; Syrian in Syrian; Ukrainian in (East) Ukraine and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)

Arab/EgyptianIncludes: Egyptian in (2 sites) Egypt; Palestinian, BedouinA and BedouinB in (Central, Negev and 1 other site) Israel; Jordanian in Jordan; Saudi in Saudi Arabia; Syrian in Syrian and Yemen and Yemenite Jew in Yemen
Does not include: Biaka (Pygmy) in Central African Republic; Mbuti (Pygmy) in Congo; Bantu, Kikuyu and Luhya in (Webuye and 2 other sites) Kenya; Hadza in Tanzania; Armenian in Armenia; Cypriot in Cyprus; Greek in Greece; Iranian in Iran; Ashkenazi Jew in Poland; Turkish in (Adana, Aydin, Kayseri and Trabzon) Turkey; Luhya in (Kenya) Webuye; Esan in Nigeria and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)

http://i.imgur.com/dy7ywCC.png?1

Kurd
05-21-2017, 04:39 AM
Another N Iraqi Kurd

http://i.imgur.com/VznbqEF.jpg

Magnetic
05-21-2017, 04:59 AM
the central asian component is flawed . there is no way a Kurd can score that much "Altaian, Kalmyk, Tuvinian and Yakut in Russia"

dafuq

also so much Arab ? hmm seems odd to me

waiting for my results (but I am not a fan of such sites . they dont seem that accurate )

kingjohn
05-21-2017, 05:05 AM
i don't have 23and me
can i use ftdna instead ?

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
05-21-2017, 09:25 AM

BalkanKiwi
05-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Basically the same as my DNA Land results so I wont bother posting. It'll have a place for some people I'm sure.

Kurd
05-21-2017, 10:11 AM
the central asian component is flawed . there is no way a Kurd can score that much "Altaian, Kalmyk, Tuvinian and Yakut in Russia"

dafuq

also so much Arab ? hmm seems odd to me

waiting for my results (but I am not a fan of such sites . they dont seem that accurate )

The E Asian heavy Central Asian score may seem high to you, but that is because you are used to seeing results from ADMIXTURE based calculators that use a RELATIVE E Asian component, and not an ABSOLUTE one (a little more on this later in the post).

Their website says that they use an algorithm developed by JOE PICKERELL. Well, J Pickerell is very much respected in the circles of genetics research, including by the folks at Harvard. I remember a paper he published with DAVID REICH, "Toward a new history and geography of human genes informed by ancient DNA". All you have to do is google his name.

J PICKERELL has been an Investigator at New York Genome Center, an 186 employee facility for the past 3 years.
He also was a Post Doctoral Fellow for 2yrs at Harvard Medical School, and got his PhD in Human Genetics from the Medical School at The University of Chicago in 2011.

The GPS Origins results also showed a score of about 18% for Siberian & Tuvanian for the northern Iraqi Kurd, and my own test using rarer alleles showed a similar score, when I used non-E Asian admixed ancients for the other components:

COMPONENT
Kurd-Iraq-N MAF<12% - 26KSNPs
Armenian - MAF<12% - 26KSNPs
Assyrian - MAF<12% - 26KSNPs

FARMER
59.15%
65.92%
77.25%

Anatolia-N
16.76%
18.05%
19.21%

Europe-EN
17.10%
20.28%
23.04%

Levant N/BA
7.92%
10.14%
9.11%

Iran N/Chl
17.37%
17.44%
25.89%

STEPPE
22.82%
19.79%
17.02%

Andronovo-Srubnaya
11.73%
11.19%
6.90%

Yamnaya-Poltavka
11.09%
8.61%
10.12%

WHG

1.50%
3.61%
2.42%

SE Asian

7.95%
1.96%
0.00%

NE Asian

5.19%
2.25%
0.00%

SSA

2.63%
4.28%
0.00%

Papuan

0.76%
2.18%
3.30%

In other words, if the calculator has a Caucasian component and a Kurd scores 50% Caucasian, their E Asian score would be diminished because those alleles are part of the Caucasian variation.

ADMIXTURE calculator, such as those on Gedmatch that uses 1000+ test samples in the run, compared to much fewer population sources. These artificially minimize variation within populations, and the component allele frequencies are skewed by the test subjects. I have addressed this many times both here and on my website. This problem has also been addressed in papers such as

http://bmcbioinformatics.biomedcentr...859-014-0418-7

For comparison, we also ran ADMIXTURE (in supervised mode using the HapMap reference panel of individuals) on the same dataset (see Figure 1(b)). The European and African admixture estimates for each individual were highly consistent between the two methods. For some individuals, the European component of ancestry using our method was split between the TSI and CEU populations. This could reflect one important difference between the two methods in how they use data from reference individuals. Our method finds a maximum likelihood estimate of the admixture coefficients for each individual using the fixed set of allele frequencies. In contrast, ADMIXTURE, in the supervised mode, utilizes data for all individuals (both the reference populations and the individual(s) being analyzed) to estimate the allele frequencies for each cluster or population and maximize the likelihood function summed across all individuals. Therefore, the allele frequencies are determined not only by the genotypes of the reference individuals but also by the individual(s) that are analyzed for admixture. To confirm this, we estimated allele frequencies by running ADMIXTURE twice: (1) using 800 reference individuals simulated using allele frequencies for 8 HapMap populations (100 individuals per population, see previous section) and (2) 800 reference individuals and 1 additional individual with 100% CEU ancestry simulated using the HapMap allele frequencies. Subsequently, we used our method to estimate admixture coefficients for the simulated CEU individual using the two sets of allele frequencies separately. We found that using the first set of allele frequencies, the admixture coefficients for both CEU and TSI were non-zero. In contrast, using the second set of allele frequencies, only the CEU admixture coefficient was non-zero. This was similar to the results observed in the analysis of the Mozabite data and provided an empirical validation of our hypothesis regarding the difference in the admixture coefficients estimated by the two methods.

AncestryDNA also recognizes this problem:
Here is an excerpt from page 24 of their white paper at:

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/resourc...ty-White-Paper

Another assumption that follows from the likelihood equation above (Equation 5) is that all samples are independent, or unrelated. In order to meet this assumption, we preprocess the genetic samples to place any samples from related individuals into separate runs of ADMIXTURE. In a particular run, we also remove any reference samples to whom a customer appears to be related.

It should also be noted that the approach we use is not entirely “supervised,” although we use a supervised version of the algorithm. While the reference populations are set as the “source” populations, genotypes of the tested samples can also influence the allele frequency estimates in the source clusters; i.e., the approach is not fully supervised.

This is because the model not only estimates Q, but also P, as a function of both the reference samples and the customer samples (a total of N samples). While ideally the P values should remain stable regardless of the customer samples, the customer samples could slightly change the P estimates from their “true” values.

Customer samples are run in batches of varying sizes; due to the details of the algorithm described above, in theory a customer’s results could vary by batch.
Extensive tests have shown that the effect of batch on customer estimates is minimal. This is because the batch size is very small compared to the size of the reference panel. Also, removing related samples from the same batch, as described above, ensures minimal effects on customer ethnicity estimates.

Have you looked at some "East Asian" looking Kurds, W Asians, and S Asians and sometimes wondered how come they score only say 2% E Asian on some of the genetics tests, and thought that did not make sense? Well, the reason is because these tests underestimate the E Asian admixture. There is in fact some correlation between genotype and phenotype.

I will try to get some details on their algorithm and methodology, but they may not be so open about it.

firemonkey
05-21-2017, 10:58 AM
It says my results are being calculated but it seems to be taking longer than the 2-10 minutes stated.

firemonkey
05-21-2017, 11:28 AM
Dna land 23andMe upload and Geneplaza upload

The Finnish seems to have been swapped for North Slavic. I am not aware of having either.

jortita
05-21-2017, 12:48 PM
The E Asian heavy Central Asian score may seem high to you, but that is because you are used to seeing results from ADMIXTURE based calculators that use a RELATIVE E Asian component, and not an ABSOLUTE one (a little more on this later in the post).

Their website says that they use an algorithm developed by JOE PICKERELL. Well, J Pickerell is very much respected in the circles of genetics research, including by the folks at Harvard. I remember a paper he published with DAVID REICH, "Toward a new history and geography of human genes informed by ancient DNA". All you have to do is google his name.

J PICKERELL has been an Investigator at New York Genome Center, an 186 employee facility for the past 3 years.
He also was a Post Doctoral Fellow for 2yrs at Harvard Medical School, and got his PhD in Human Genetics from the Medical School at The University of Chicago in 2011.

The GPS Origins results also showed a score of about 18% for Siberian & Tuvanian for the northern Iraqi Kurd, and my own test using rarer alleles showed a similar score, when I used non-E Asian admixed ancients for the other components:

COMPONENT
Kurd-Iraq-N MAF<12% - 26KSNPs
Armenian - MAF<12% - 26KSNPs
Assyrian - MAF<12% - 26KSNPs

FARMER
59.15%
65.92%
77.25%

Anatolia-N
16.76%
18.05%
19.21%

Europe-EN
17.10%
20.28%
23.04%

Levant N/BA
7.92%
10.14%
9.11%

Iran N/Chl
17.37%
17.44%
25.89%

STEPPE
22.82%
19.79%
17.02%

Andronovo-Srubnaya
11.73%
11.19%
6.90%

Yamnaya-Poltavka
11.09%
8.61%
10.12%

WHG

1.50%
3.61%
2.42%

SE Asian

7.95%
1.96%
0.00%

NE Asian

5.19%
2.25%
0.00%

SSA

2.63%
4.28%
0.00%

Papuan

0.76%
2.18%
3.30%

In other words, if the calculator has a Caucasian component and a Kurd scores 50% Caucasian, their E Asian score would be diminished because those alleles are part of the Caucasian variation.

ADMIXTURE calculator, such as those on Gedmatch that uses 1000+ test samples in the run, compared to much fewer population sources. These artificially minimize variation within populations, and the component allele frequencies are skewed by the test subjects. I have addressed this many times both here and on my website. This problem has also been addressed in papers such as

http://bmcbioinformatics.biomedcentr...859-014-0418-7

AncestryDNA also recognizes this problem:
Here is an excerpt from page 24 of their white paper at:

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/resourc...ty-White-Paper

Have you looked at some "East Asian" looking Kurds, W Asians, and S Asians and sometimes wondered how come they score only say 2% E Asian on some of the genetics tests, and thought that did not make sense? Well, the reason is because these tests underestimate the E Asian admixture. There is in fact some correlation between genotype and phenotype.

I will try to get some details on their algorithm and methodology, but they may not be so open about it.

Kurd, as I do not have 23andme data and cannot upload. Given what you have said, would you say its worth it to order their kit, thank you

kangz
05-21-2017, 01:00 PM

CelticGerman
05-21-2017, 01:11 PM
My GenePlaza result in comparison with DNA Land 16210

Kurd
05-21-2017, 02:39 PM
Kurd, as I do not have 23andme data and cannot upload. Given what you have said, would you say its worth it to order their kit, thank you

Sorry, that is a personal decision you have to make. I am not familiar with the details of the test. I have sent a message, but doubt that they will divulge details.

AJL
05-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Eesh not very good! How is it that some of you got a separate geneplaza result from the DNA.land app result?

Maybe Joe Pickrell's algorithm uses Monte Carlo modelling, in which case it could be possible to get different results even with separate uploads of exactly the same genome to DNA.Land.

kingjohn
05-21-2017, 03:13 PM
intresting it looks like gene plaza has med category

lilac9
05-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Maybe Joe Pickrell's algorithm uses Monte Carlo modelling, in which case it could be possible to get different results even with separate uploads of exactly the same genome to DNA.Land.

I had that exact same problem with DNA.land. So I lost confidence in their results. I uploaded Ancestry.com's raw data twice and I got vastly different results.

firemonkey
05-21-2017, 05:14 PM
I had that exact same problem with DNA.land. So I lost confidence in their results. I uploaded Ancestry.com's raw data twice and I got vastly different results.

I uploaded the raw data from Ancestry etc twice. The results didn't change. Have just uploaded my data again to Gene plaza will be interesting to see if I get slightly different results second time round.

lilac9
05-21-2017, 06:04 PM
I uploaded the raw data from Ancestry etc twice. The results didn't change. Have just uploaded my data again to Gene plaza will be interesting to see if I get slightly different results second time round.

Don't know what to say but my raw data from Ancestry was on V1 and later when they changed to V2 my results on DNA.land were really different.

Amerijoe
05-21-2017, 07:04 PM
GENE PLAZA appears to be an offshoot of SEEQ which is an offshoot of DNA LAND with Joe Pickrell being involved in each.

surbakhunWeesste
05-21-2017, 07:45 PM
oh vey!

Central Asian

Includes: Altaian, Kalmyk, Tuvinian and Yakut in Russia

Does not include: Biaka (Pygmy) in Central African Republic; Mbuti (Pygmy) in Congo; Hadza in Tanzania; Mongol, Daur, Hezhen, Oroqen, Tu, Uygur and Xibo in China; Chukchi, Itelmen, Nganasan, Tubalar, Ulchi, Balkar, Chechen, Kumyk, Lezgin, Mordovian and Adygei in (Caucasus and 10 other sites) Russia; Turkmen and Uzbek in Uzbekistan; Abkhasian in Abkhazia/Georgia; Ashkenazi Jew in Poland and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)

firemonkey
05-21-2017, 11:57 PM
Tried another upload. North Slavic has gone. Ambiguous and NorthWest European increased. Mediterranean slightly decreased.

Magnetic
05-22-2017, 06:10 AM
it has been far over 24 hours now and my genome is still not uploaded/processed . wtf is going on ?

edit : nevermind my results actually arrived ! see below

Magnetic
05-22-2017, 06:18 AM

this doesnt make much sense though . why ? because when you have an "underestimated" east asian/mongoloid admixture that would mean that there are far more Kurdish people who look mong/mong influenced . but that is not the case :)

me personally I score more mongoloid on gedmatch than the average kurd but I am from turkey and also have probably/likely some turkish ancestry which would explain it . but a north iraqi kurd having 20% "Includes: Altaian, Kalmyk, Tuvinian and Yakut in Russia" . uhm how about no ?

btw. I dont understand this :

"
Does not include: Biaka (Pygmy) in Central African Republic; Mbuti (Pygmy) in Congo; Hadza in Tanzania; Mongol, Daur, Hezhen, Oroqen, Tu, Uygur and Xibo in China; Chukchi, Itelmen, Nganasan, Tubalar, Ulchi, Balkar, Chechen, Kumyk, Lezgin, Mordovian and Adygei in (Caucasus and 10 other sites) Russia; Turkmen and Uzbek in Uzbekistan; Abkhasian in Abkhazia/Georgia; Ashkenazi Jew in Poland and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)"

why would they specify that the central asian component doesnt include pygmy , ashkenazi , chechen etc. . ? like ...why would it to begin with ? as if it is not clear that congo is not in central asia for example ...lol

jortita
05-22-2017, 06:33 AM
I went and tried ordering their kit and found it, its quite expensive at Euro 300. I will wait till others order and also for reviews, before I pay this amount for an ancestry kit

Magnetic
05-22-2017, 11:48 AM
it has been far over 24 hours now and my genome is still not uploaded/processed . wtf is going on ?

finally my results are there

I think my results are typical for Kurds . definitely more typical than what has been posted :) . many Kurds would score similar . but the "central asian" component is still odd

if the central asian component would be something like Tajik then it would make 100% sense imo . I also come out like this on many gedmatch calculators like for example on K9

1 74.2% Armenian + 25.8% Tajik_Pomiri @ 2.01

but not " Altaian, Kalmyk, Tuvinian and Yakut in Russia" . even though as I said I have a turkish pull so 2-5% or so of it would make sense but not 21 lol

but I actually think the "central asian" is meant to be pashtun/tajik like and they made error with the naming

http://up.picr.de/29266403md.jpg

nobody gave me a thanks for my results so far :(

alaincoletta
05-22-2017, 12:54 PM

Hi lilac9,

Gene Plaza is a Genetic App Store which will be open to scientists/developers to deploy their applications. The current online version is a proof of concept with applications we developed or integrated ourselves. The Ancestry application is the algorithm from Joe Pickrell -New York Genome Center- used by DNA.LAND and the design is the one from dna.land.

We will add more applications very soon!

Hope this helps.

alaincoletta
05-22-2017, 12:56 PM
GENE PLAZA appears to be an offshoot of SEEQ which is an offshoot of DNA LAND with Joe Pickrell being involved in each.

Hi Amerijoe,

Gene Plaza is a Genetic App Store which will be open to scientists/developers to deploy their applications. The current online version is a proof of concept with applications we developed or integrated ourselves. The Ancestry application is the algorithm from Joe Pickrell -New York Genome Center- used by DNA.LAND and the design is the one from dna.land.

Hope this helps.

alaincoletta
05-22-2017, 01:01 PM

Hi Firemonkey,

Let me explain how the ancestry is calculated. The program takes for example 1000 variants and computes an ancestry signature. Then it repeats this step, for example, a 100 times. Finally it looks at the 100 signatures it computed to remove results that might have occurred by chance and to average the others. This explains why you get slightly different results if you try with the exact same file twice.

Hope this helps!

Alain

kingjohn
05-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Hi lilac9,

Hope this helps.

dear alain,
is there is any option you would excpet also ftdna raw data also
with kind regards
adam

alaincoletta
05-22-2017, 04:07 PM
dear alain,
with kind regards
adam

Hi Adam, We are adding Ancestry and FTDNA data in the coming weeks. We will inform you by email if you are a registered user.

Best,

Alain

TheCaspian
05-22-2017, 04:23 PM
Wont let me post the image.. I'm from N/NE Iran part of Mazandarani Ethnic Group.

But its

51% Central Indo-European
5% Ambiguous
42% Central Asian

Rukha
05-22-2017, 04:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CDCqMqC.png

John Doe
05-22-2017, 04:57 PM
http://imgur.com/cTim4Yt

Ann Turner
05-22-2017, 05:16 PM
What chip are you using?

Magnetic
05-22-2017, 05:28 PM
What chip are you using?

Pringles

vettor
05-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Hi Firemonkey,

Let me explain how the ancestry is calculated. The program takes for example 1000 variants and computes an ancestry signature. Then it repeats this step, for example, a 100 times. Finally it looks at the 100 signatures it computed to remove results that might have occurred by chance and to average the others. This explains why you get slightly different results if you try with the exact same file twice.

Hope this helps!

Then , when it reaches 10000 samples the results will be clearly different than if it had only 1000 samples for the same person.

with this , then will the program update automatically a person who updated their data very early or will the person need to resubmit their data on a ........monthly basis?

John Doe
05-22-2017, 07:40 PM
What chip are you using?

I use v4

shazou
05-22-2017, 08:08 PM
Mine
http://i.imgur.com/6lK9xVm.jpg
Dad
http://i.imgur.com/B1AduFi.jpg
Mom
http://i.imgur.com/N210bik.jpg
Sister
http://i.imgur.com/YE1NjnX.jpg

Kurd
05-23-2017, 04:27 AM
this doesnt make much sense though . why ? because when you have an "underestimated" east asian/mongoloid admixture that would mean that there are far more Kurdish people who look mong/mong influenced . but that is not the case :)

You missed an important point in my post:

These artificially minimize variation within populations, and the component allele frequencies are skewed by the test subjects. I have addressed this many times both here and on my website.

So what this means is similarities between Kurds are maximized, and differences minimized. Thus, the variation of E Asian from Kurd to Kurd is minimized in those Gedmatch calculators, whereas my latest tests are more neutral, meaning similarities Kurd to Kurd or Indian to Indian are NOT maximized, and differences are NOT minimized, thus more variation is visible in the results from Kurd to Kurd, or Indian to Indian.

So what this means that there is much more variation from Kurd to Kurd or Afghan to Afghan than is apparent in the ADMIXTURE based calculators on Gedmatch. My latest tests show that some Kurds have quite a bit more E Asian than other Kurds.

Kurd
05-23-2017, 05:11 AM
Here is my diagnosis:

Looking over some of the results, it appears that C Asian (defined by mostly Altaians and other E Turkics) is grossly overestimated in S Asians, and underestimated in Europeans, as IBD tests I conducted do not support this. http://www.eurasiandna.com/2017/02/28/detailed-look-east-north-eurasian-gene-flow-south-west-asians/ . Those tests indicated roughly similar levels between IBD sharing E Asian-Kurds vs E Asian-Pakistanis/NW Indians.

The problem does not appear to be in Pickerell's algorithm or software, but in the choice of available reference populations. For example, Kurds and other W Asians have multiple population sources geographically proximate to them; Indo-European (Caucasus populations), Arabian (Syrians, Saudis, etc), whereas Pakistanis don't appear to have any population sources/ components similarly geographically proximate to them. The S Asian component appears to be based on S Indians as evidences in the low S Asian scores SC / S Asians receive. Thus, SC Asians/ S Asians are defaulting to C Asian, which is the next best thing.

If I were to do the same with Kurds for example, by removing geographically proximate source populations such as Caucasians and Syrians, then they too would likely score 60% C Asian.

Alternatively, if I were to add geographically proximate populations such as N Indians and Iranians to the calculator, then the C Asian for Pakistanis would also drop to maybe 20%.

I will illustrate with this simplified example, which is purely based on my extensive experience with ADMIXTURE. For simplicity only 3 components are considered. This example basically shows that a Kurd and Pakistani subject can have agreement with the same number of E Asian alleles (4), yet receive different C Asian scores. Bland grids indicate the subject is homozygous for the major allele at that position:

Minor allele
PAKISTANI subject
KURD subject
MAF- S Asian
MAF- C Asian
MAF- IndoEuro
PAK Assignment
KUR Assignment

T
T
T
50%
60%
40%
C Asian
C Asian

T
T
T
60%
70%
65%
C Asian
C Asian

A
T
A
20%
40%
70%

IndoEuro

C
A
C
0%
40%
50%

IndoEuro

A
A
A
70%
80%
75%
C Asian
C Asian

A
A
A
40%
50%
70%
IndoEuro
IndoEuro

A
A
A
0%
30%
50%
IndoEuro
IndoEuro

A
C
A
0%
40%
70%

IndoEuro

A
C
A
10%
50%
70%

IndoEuro

T
C
C
30%
70%
60%
C Asian
C Asian

T
C
T
0%
40%
50%

IndoEuro

T
C
T
30%
40%
50%

IndoEuro

4/6 C Asian
3/12 C Asian

2/6 IndoEuro
8/12 IndoEuro

66% C Asian
33% C Asian

34% IndoEuro
66% IndoEuro

To conclude there are no easy fixes for allele frequency based programs. There will always be biases no matter how you pick your population sources. Some test subjects will always be more geographically distant or proximate to some population sources, and this will impact the scores they get. Rare alleles tests and IBD tend to paint a more accurate picture of actual geneflow between populations.

A partial solution which I have implemented would be to use ancients that are basal to 2 or 3 populations that are being compared as population sources, and then estimate E Asian geneflow with some E Asian moderns. The trick here is to include non-E Asian admixed ancient populations that have very substantially contributed to the test subjects. In the case of W Asians this is easier to do because they are not substantially ASI derived, with S Asians the accuracy of the test testing for E Asian geneflow can approach the accuracy level of the test for W Asians, when ancestral ASI are included in the test.

Using such a test for rarer alleles here are some E Asian numbers for a couple of W Asians:

COMPONENT- MAF <12%
Kurd-Iraq-N
Armenian
Assyrian
Kurd F1
Kurd F2

FARMER
59.15%
65.92%
77.25%
63.02%
59.42%

Anatolia-N
16.76%
18.05%
19.21%
13.28%
14.15%

Europe-EN
17.10%
20.28%
23.04%
16.87%
18.58%

Levant N/BA
7.92%
10.14%
9.11%
11.10%
7.91%

Iran N/Chl
17.37%
17.44%
25.89%
21.76%
18.77%

STEPPE
22.82%
19.79%
17.02%
21.72%
20.83%

Andronovo-Srubnaya
11.73%
11.19%
6.90%
11.36%
10.65%

Yamnaya-Poltavka
11.09%
8.61%
10.12%
10.37%
10.18%

WHG

1.50%
3.61%
2.42%
1.65%
2.27%

SE Asian

7.95%
1.96%
0.00%
6.32%
1.37%

NE Asian

5.19%
2.25%
0.00%
3.09%
9.61%

SSA

2.63%
4.28%
0.00%
1.08%
4.17%

Papuan

0.76%
2.18%
3.30%
3.12%
2.34%

COMPONENT- MAF <12%
Iran-Recent
Georgian 1
Georgian 2
Kurd Iraq-N2

FARMER
69.83%
73.80%
64.16%
59.00%

Anatolia-N
11.98%
17.31%
17.84%
16.63%

Europe-EN
18.33%
23.58%
19.54%
15.33%

Levant N/BA
9.32%
7.32%
6.80%
8.14%

Iran N/Chl
30.20%
25.59%
19.98%
18.91%

STEPPE
27.59%
23.24%
19.79%
24.48%

Andronovo-Srubnaya
16.07%
12.02%
11.38%
13.60%

Yamnaya-Poltavka
11.51%
11.22%
8.41%
10.88%

WHG

0.00%
0.00%
4.64%
1.64%

SE Asian

0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
4.70%

NE Asian

2.58%
0.00%
9.58%
7.81%

SSA

0.00%
0.42%
1.83%
2.37%

Papuan

0.00%
2.53%
0.00%
0.00%

Stephen1986
05-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Myself -

West Eurasian 99%
Northwest European 82%
Southwestern European 9%
Ambiguous 5.7%
North Slavic 2.2%

Ambiguous 1.1%

My brother -

West Eurasian 98%
Northwest European 80%
Mediterranean 11%
Southwestern European 4%
Ambiguous 1.9%
North Slavic 1.6%

Ambiguous 1.5%

It doesn't mentiuon what is included in the Mediterranean component, but it is interesting that my brother has over 10% of it when I have none. I don't know what the North Slavic indicates, either.

firemonkey
05-23-2017, 12:53 PM
As I got 4% and 3.2% North Slavic in 2 out of 3 of my uploads I would be interested too to know what the North Slavic indicates.

05-23-2017, 12:59 PM
As I got 4% and 3.2% North Slavic in 2 out of 3 of my uploads I would be interested too to know what the North Slavic indicates.

Hi Firemonkey,

I think the North Slavic, is something all Brits get (the stepp component maybe?) which is often talked about.
I get 3.8% on this test.

firemonkey
05-23-2017, 01:07 PM
Hi Firemonkey,

I think the North Slavic, is something all Brits get (the stepp component maybe?) which is often talked about.
I get 3.8% on this test.

Did you get North Slavic with Dna land? I didn't.

arikamryn
05-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Geneplaza

arikamryn
05-25-2017, 01:35 PM
For comparison:

Ancestry dna

Genes for good

23andme

jortita
05-26-2017, 06:49 AM
Hi Amerijoe,

Hope this helps.

Would appreciate if you could please let me know when you will allow for upload of Ancestry DNA and/or FTDNA data, thank you

Theconqueror
05-26-2017, 11:32 AM
dear alain,
with kind regards
adam

Their site does not point directly to 23andme and I was able to upload my FTDNA data (previously converted to 23andme format) from my PC. I will let you know how it goes.

lifeisdandy
05-26-2017, 02:54 PM
it wont let me upload any of my 23andme results..i tried a csv version, xlxs version, text version..wont work

05-26-2017, 03:11 PM
Did you get North Slavic with Dna land? I didn't.

Yes but a higher amount of 8%

Kelmendasi
05-26-2017, 04:10 PM
I too have just uploaded my converted Ftdna raw data to it

L1983
05-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Mine with 23andme. Parents tested with Ancestry. Didn't see a link for that or can I just upload regardless?

Northwest European 64%
Mediterranean 15%
Southwestern European 13%
North Slavic 3.4%
Central Asian 3.1%
Ambiguous 2.4%

EDIT Have just seen you can upload from other sites so will try at some point.

cvolt
05-26-2017, 09:07 PM
I just uploaded my Ancestry data successfully, not converted or anything. It's still processing so we'll see how that works out.

Vrump
05-28-2017, 06:57 AM
I have been waiting for at least three days and still have not received an email and my results still do not appear!

Yet I've upload my text file (FTDNA file raw data converted to file 23andme)!

Kelmendasi
05-28-2017, 08:02 AM
I have been waiting for at least three days and still have not received an email and my results still do not appear!

Yet I've upload my text file (FTDNA file raw data converted to file 23andme)!
Same here although it's been a day and a bit for me. Maybe they don't accept the converted files

Vrump
05-28-2017, 08:24 AM
Same here although it's been a day and a bit for me. Maybe they don't accept the converted files

But i saw that on another forum a member tried to upload its file ftdna converted to file 23andme on Geneplaza and it worked!

But in my case, i been waiting for at least three days!

Kelmendasi
05-28-2017, 08:26 AM
But i saw that on another forum a member tried to upload its file ftdna converted to file 23andme on Geneplaza and it worked!

But in my case, i been waiting for at least three days!
Hmmmm, not sure why then. Hopefully they will come soon

Theconqueror
05-29-2017, 02:49 PM
I uploaded and it has been processing for days now. Unlikely to produce results.

Kelmendasi
05-29-2017, 02:54 PM
I uploaded and it has been processing for days now. Unlikely to produce results.
Same I doubt my results will come, it's been 3 days so far

Tomenable
05-30-2017, 11:55 PM
My GenePlaza:

http://i.imgur.com/MrpYIMP.png

My DNA.Land:

http://i.imgur.com/vbmbKgw.png

http://i.imgur.com/dpaWhu8.png

cvolt
05-31-2017, 01:23 AM
Still waiting for mine as well :(

Varun R
05-31-2017, 01:44 AM
S Asian 66%
C Asian 26%
Ambiguous W Eurasian 3.5%
N Slavic 2.8%
Ambiguous 1.6%

As compared to...DNALand

S Asian 69%
C Asian 24%
NW Europe 4.8%
NE Europe 2.1%

Tomenable
06-01-2017, 02:15 PM
MyHeritage results for comparison:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?9093-MyHeritage-DNA&p=241357&viewfull=1#post241357

lukaszM
06-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Bigger North Slavic than Dna.Land. Little higher NW-Euro:)
But South European was reduced, probably what was Balkan in DNA.LAND here is ambigous...

GENEPLAZA
https://s1.postimg.org/5w6vli3fj/geneplaza.jpg

DNA.LAND
https://s30.postimg.org/413ofs0f5/dnaland.jpg

Theconqueror
06-13-2017, 04:09 PM
My results never came. Absolute waste of time.

firemonkey
06-22-2017, 08:19 AM
Gene plaza 23-1

West Eurasian97.8%
Eastern Mediterranean8.9%
Northwest European85.3%
Ambiguous3.6%

Ambiguous 2.2%

Gene plaza 23-2

West Eurasian97.2%
Eastern Mediterranean11.7%
Northwest European82.4%
North Slavic3.2%

Ambiguous 2.8%

Gene plaza 23-3

West Eurasian97.8%
Eastern Mediterranean10.2%
Northwest European82.1%
North Slavic4.3%
Ambiguous1.1%

Ambiguous 2.2%

Geneplaza ancestry

West Eurasian97.4%
Eastern Mediterranean4.3%
Northwest European90.6%
North Slavic2.5%

Ambiguous 2.6

The East med for the 23andme uploads is very similar to what I get for Med islander in dna land (Ancestry,23andMe,FTDNA).

The East med for the Ancestry upload is less than half of that for the 23andMe uploads. As I have no known East Med ancestry I would be tempted to say the Ancestry upload is more accurate.

Might have to revise about Ancestry upload being more accurate.

2nd go at uploading Ancestry data

Gene plaza ancestry 2

West Eurasian97.9%
Eastern Mediterranean16.2%
Northwest European78.4%
North Slavic3.4%

Ambiguous 2.1%

Averaging East Med from Ancestry uploads= 10.25 which is within range of East Med score for 23andMe uploads.

Magnetic
06-22-2017, 10:50 AM
http://up.picr.de/29266403md.jpg

the layout has changed

http://up.picr.de/29553650wz.jpg

jortita
06-22-2017, 02:08 PM
Ancestry DNA GenePlaza Results

West Eurasian 64.3%
South Asian 59.5%
North Slavic 2.1%
Ashkenazi 2.8%

Central Asian 17.4%

Central Chinese 13.2%
Southeast Asian 7.9%
Central Chinese 3.1%
East Turkic 2.2%

Ambiguous 3.9%

Native Oceanian

DNA.Land Results

West Eurasian 82%
Dravidian 54%
Indus Valley 20%
Indo Iranian 2.8%
Southwestern Europe 2.1%
Ashkenazi 1.7%
Northeast European 1.7%

East Asian 16%
Southeast Asian 6.5%
East Turkic 5.8%
Central Chinese 3.3%

Native Oceanian 1%

Ambiguous 1.1%

Saba123
06-28-2017, 02:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oCueBlQ.png
I guess my Arabian DNA showed up lol.

Rukha
06-28-2017, 03:20 AM
Uploaded again, slightly different results this time:

http://i.imgur.com/rjCLDiw.png

Gandhara
06-28-2017, 03:36 AM
My results :

https://i.gyazo.com/460c88589a01881d17f26f1499c07405.png

khanabadoshi
06-28-2017, 04:43 AM
Here are a few results. EDIT: Corrected jortita's results.

https://i.gyazo.com/d4dd5663600662b6f179e62045c95f93.png

jortita
06-28-2017, 06:39 AM
Here are a few results:
https://i.gyazo.com/f499baf97ce3df975efc3221fd9c13d3.png

Khana, I also have 1.2% native Oceanian which is missing from my post above

khanabadoshi
06-28-2017, 06:56 AM
Khana, I also have 1.2% native Oceanian which is missing from my post above

Thanks, I'll change it.

EDIT: It's corrected.

Magnetic
06-29-2017, 08:56 PM
Here are a few results. EDIT: Corrected jortita's results.

https://i.gyazo.com/d4dd5663600662b6f179e62045c95f93.png

it is better to just post the link because when you post it like this it is not easy to read

btw. the iraqi kurdish peoples results have some big differences from mine this is very interesting

khanabadoshi
07-01-2017, 04:57 PM
it is better to just post the link because when you post it like this it is not easy to read

btw. the iraqi kurdish peoples results have some big differences from mine this is very interesting

I'll post a large spreadsheet of all the stuff I've compiled in a week or so, perhaps sooner.

kush
07-02-2017, 08:28 AM
My results. Telugu Reddy. I can't post links directly for some reason so I'll type out my results

West Eurasian 89.6
-South Asian 87.8
-Ambiguous 1.9

Central Asian 8.9

Ambiguous 1.4

ianz91
07-06-2017, 03:41 AM
I don't understand my results! I am fully European descent (White American of mixed euro heritage) and yet this is what I get from GenePlaza

Why am I getting Eastern med? I saw a user on Zetaboards who posted his results, he is completely northern European and yet gets around 18% Eastern med. WTF

nuplix
07-06-2017, 04:05 AM
I don't understand my results! I am fully European descent (White American of mixed euro heritage) and yet this is what I get from GenePlaza

Why am I getting Eastern med? I saw a user on Zetaboards who posted his results, he is completely northern European and yet gets around 18% Eastern med. WTF

Don't take these tests seriously. They are just the representation of the current population. I used to be crazy about it, and now I am more into haplogroups tests.

vettor
07-06-2017, 05:57 AM
I find it a very bad site as of a week ago.......................my Italian or area for Italian is now zero%

West Eurasian 99.2%
Ambiguous 1.7%

Eastern Mediterranean 29.0%

North Slavic 3.4%

Southwestern European 42.7%.... Basque/French and French in (South and 1 other site) France and Basque/Spanish and Iberian Population in Spain

Northwest European 22.5%

Ambiguous 0.8%

L1983
07-12-2017, 06:19 PM
EDIT: posted earlier in thread

firemonkey
07-22-2017, 04:40 AM
Managed to upload Living dna data. The African is ambiguous.

jortita
07-22-2017, 11:19 AM
Managed to upload Living dna data. The African is ambiguous.

How did you manage to upload Living DNA, which format, vcf or text?

firemonkey
07-22-2017, 12:13 PM
How did you manage to upload Living DNA, which format, vcf or text?

I uploaded text file.

Ghost01
07-24-2017, 08:37 PM
Interesting results. They are fairly close to my known ancestry.

West Eurasian- 70.8%

Eastern Mediterranean - 17.6%
North Slavic - 44.2%
Southwestern Europe - 9.0%

Central Chinese - 19.4%

Central Chinese - 12.9%
Mongolic/Tungusic - 6.5%

Central Asian - 9.8%

selectivememri
07-25-2017, 02:36 AM
once you uploaded did you have to pay to access your results? i clicked on their app store thing and under ancestry it says 1,89 euro to buy, and then theres a preview with some results underneath.....are those supposed to be my results or are they behind a paywall? thanks!

edit: nevermind, just got the 3euro credit thing, will post my results soon!

West Eurasian98.5%
Eastern Mediterranean44.4%
Northwest European23.8%
Southwestern European8.2%
North Slavic22.2%
Ambiguous1.5%

and here is my dnaland

West Eurasian 100% Mediterranean Islander 36%
Northwest European 24%
North Slavic 20%
South/Central European 19%
Ambiguous 1.1%

looks like my south central euro got added to my eastern med in geneplaza, which is probably the equivalent to med islander on dna.land? or maybe not? there's not little question mark next east med like there is with the other categories so i cant see what that entails.

Dibran
07-30-2017, 10:55 PM
My 23andme geneplaza was 93 percent east med with 7 southwest europe. My livingDNA result is kinda bizarre.

Asimakidis
08-02-2017, 10:33 AM
http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17882&stc=1myresults (23andme)

Sikeliot
08-02-2017, 11:45 AM
My 23andme geneplaza was 93 percent east med with 7 southwest europe. My livingDNA result is kinda bizarre.

East Med is Sicilian, Maltese, Cypriot.

A Norfolk L-M20
08-02-2017, 12:10 PM
My ancestry linked in my sig.

http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17883&d=1501675767

firemonkey
08-02-2017, 01:41 PM
My ancestry linked in my sig.

http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17883&d=1501675767

You've got a big chunk of ambiguous . Any thoughts on what it might be?

Asimakidis
08-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Brother's 23andme
http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17890&stc=1

Dimanto
08-02-2017, 05:37 PM
West Eurasian 98.8%
Northwest European 32.0%
Southwestern European 49.4%
Ambiguous 17.3%
Ambiguous 1,2 %

''The ambiguous percentage of your ancestry report indicates a percentage of your DNA file that did not match with any of the sources in our reference panel.''

Most strange ancestry report ever. The only thing partially correct is my Northwest European, only 18% too low.

Targum
08-02-2017, 05:41 PM
West Eurasian98.2%
Southwestern European5.0%
Ashkenazi90.4%
Ashkenazi Jew in Poland and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)
Ambiguous2.8%
Ambiguous1.8%

??

Angoliga
08-02-2017, 07:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/c0XiA7b.png

African 99.1%
East African 81.2%
West African 8.0%
Mbuti 9.9%
Ambiguous 0.9%

SWAHILLI_PRINCE16
08-02-2017, 07:59 PM
My new results

95.3% African
East African71.2%
West African22.6%
Ambiguous1.5%
Ambiguous2.8%
West Eurasian1.9%

wombatofthenorth
08-02-2017, 09:17 PM

It's not a well named component for one, since it doesn't even peak in Slavic people, it definitely peaks in people from Latvia and Lithuania (seen a decent number score 100%) who are not even Slavic.

Anyway, it peaks in Baltic people but also grabs most North Slavic people and parts of South Slavic people and sometimes even bits of Finnish and it also seems to pick up bits of more eastern Western European and a little Scandinavian to it seems perhaps.

wombatofthenorth
08-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Bigger North Slavic than Dna.Land. Little higher NW-Euro:)
But South European was reduced, probably what was Balkan in DNA.LAND here is ambigous...

GENEPLAZA
https://s1.postimg.org/5w6vli3fj/geneplaza.jpg

DNA.LAND
https://s30.postimg.org/413ofs0f5/dnaland.jpg

I wonder if the differences are any more than simply reloading to DNA.Land though?
I'm not sure this test is any different at all from DNA.Land is it?

wombatofthenorth
08-02-2017, 09:23 PM

do you have a lot of southern European? like Spanish, Italian, southern French, etc.? If you have a lot of really southern stuff you'd maybe have an excess of farmer compared say their Western European component and need to add in some more Mediterranean.

wombatofthenorth
08-02-2017, 09:24 PM
I find it a very bad site as of a week ago.......................my Italian or area for Italian is now zero%

West Eurasian 99.2%
Ambiguous 1.7%

Eastern Mediterranean 29.0%

North Slavic 3.4%

Southwestern European 42.7%.... Basque/French and French in (South and 1 other site) France and Basque/Spanish and Iberian Population in Spain

Northwest European 22.5%

Ambiguous 0.8%

why can't the Eastern Mediterranean be a big part of your Italian?

lukaszM
08-02-2017, 10:16 PM
I wonder if the differences are any more than simply reloading to DNA.Land though?
I'm not sure this test is any different at all from DNA.Land is it?

It is based on the same algorithm I think. But they have less references (I guess), so this is the reason I've got 7% ambigous and more North Slavic.

gruder
08-02-2017, 11:05 PM
West Eurasian94.1%
Ambiguous3.5%
North Slavic3.9%
Northwest European86.7%
Central Asian2.8%
Ambiguous2.2%
Native American1.0%

Surfacing
08-03-2017, 02:04 AM
West Eurasian
98.8%

Eastern Mediterranean
14.5%

Southwestern European
23.4%

North Slavic
52.1%

Ambiguous
8.9%

Ambiguous
1.2%

10% we don't know wtf it is lol

wombatofthenorth
08-04-2017, 01:49 AM
my dad:
Southwestern European 3.3% (probably makes no sense at all, but maybe instead of giving a little Balkan they sort of turned that into Northern Slavic plus some of this southern stuff?)
North Slavic 92.0% (misnamed category)
Ambiguous Eurasian 4.0% (probably his Finnish and a touch of his possible German/Polish/UK, some of that stuff probably also ended up in the North Slavic)
Ambiguous 0.7%

for comparison, his DNA.Land (looks a bit better to me):
North Slavic 92% (misnamed category)
Ambiguous Northeast European 2.1% (probably his Finnish)
Northwest European 5.2% (most likely makes a lot more sense than Southwestern Europe)
Ambiguous 1.2% (maybe part of his Balkan here and some got turned into North Slavic)

wombatofthenorth
08-04-2017, 03:31 AM
me:
Northwest European 3.0% (reasonable, probably could be a bit higher but it seems some got called SW Europe instead, interesting that it could not pick this out for either of my parents)
Southwestern European1.8% (seems unlikely, should perhaps be a mix of NW Europe and Balkan stuff)
North Slavic 92.5% (misnamed component)
Ambiguous Eurasian 2.0% (might have my Finnish and a bit of my other non-Latvian European)
Ambiguous 0.7%

my mom:
North Slavic 98.5% (misnamed category; seems like they tossed her non-Latvian European all into this category like all the others, Geno 2.0 NG/MyOrigins 1.0, MyOrigins 2.0 and MyHeritage, but for 23 and Geno 2.0 do)
Ambiguous 1.5% (maybe the Oceanian?)

Mike_G
08-04-2017, 11:53 AM
I have no known southern European ancestry, but a few of these tests give me minor amounts. Sometimes Iberian, sometimes Balkan, sometimes southern European. I don't think it comes from my maternal side, which is all northwestern European going back 6-12 generations, and most of the tests show 50% or greater for that region. Maybe wombat or someone else familiar with Baltic DNA could chime in on likely possibilities for southern European sneaking in on my paternal (Lithuanian) side. I have only traced my Lithuanian side to the great grandparent generation.

GenePlaza:
West Eurasian 99.4%

Northwest European 38.2% -- should be at least ~50%
Southwestern European 11.5% -- ?

North Slavic 45.5% -- probably about right

Ambiguous 4.2%

DNA.land

Northwest European 46% -- pretty close

Northeast European 46% -- ditto
North Slavic 44% -- ditto / misnamed as wombat states
Finnish 2.3% -- consistent with trace amounts in other tests

South/Central European 7.6% -- ?

Deftextra
08-04-2017, 02:36 PM
GenePlaza:
African:
East african 38.3%
North african 7.2%
Ambiguous: 2.5%
West Eurasian:
Arab&Egyptian 23.5%
South asian 10.8%
Ambigous 2.3%
Central asian :
Altaian, Kalmyk, Tuvinian and Yakut in Russia 11.1% ----- this is strange.
Central chinese 1.6%
ambigious 2.6%

Asimakidis
08-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Mine with Ancestrydna:
http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17934&stc=1

http://www.anthrogenica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17882&stc=1myresults (23andme)

wombatofthenorth
08-04-2017, 08:39 PM
I have no known southern European ancestry, but a few of these tests give me minor amounts. Sometimes Iberian, sometimes Balkan, sometimes southern European. I don't think it comes from my maternal side, which is all northwestern European going back 6-12 generations, and most of the tests show 50% or greater for that region. Maybe wombat or someone else familiar with Baltic DNA could chime in on likely possibilities for southern European sneaking in on my paternal (Lithuanian) side. I have only traced my Lithuanian side to the great grandparent generation.

my only guess in the cases where someone should have a certain type, like say Balkan but gets say SW European instead, is that maybe if someone has a lot of Baltic but also a touch of Balkan it gets confused and instead of giving Baltic and Balkan it gives Baltic plus "Baltic plus Southern European (which maybe vaguely averages to something like sort of like Balkan?)"??

and in the cases where someone like you randomly gets this or that sort of more southern component that either somewhere you did have one out of region ancestor or that some of your Western European had some gene patterns with a bit more ancient farmer type stuff than whatever they used to base their component on so then it had to give you a little Southern European of one sort or another to account for the slight excess of farmer type stuff compared to their reference sample average for the component (if you look at Geno and their modern reference results you see it really is still a lot about ratios of components as much as it is trying to directly read of all components as exact and modern and on say Geno 2.0 NG Helix you see that Germans on average all score some southern european stuff and the French even moreso, but the Irish not at all)

randwulf
08-04-2017, 09:00 PM
My results (FTDNA converted to 23andMe):

sktibo
08-04-2017, 09:41 PM
I prefer geneplaza to DNA.Land

Results using 23andme:
East Med: 4.8
North Slavic: 7.0
SW European: 12.8
NW European: 70.2
Ambiguous: 3.0
Mongolic/Tungusic: 2.2

Results using AncestryDNA:
East Med: 4.3
North Slavic: 7.7
SW Euro: 16.0
NW Euro: 68.5
Ambiguous: 2.1
Native American 1.5

donnamaria
08-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Here are my results using Ancestry dna
West Eurasian98.7%
Eastern Mediterranean23.1%
North Slavic9.1%
Arab/Egyptian7.6%
Southwestern European35.2%
Basque/French and French in (South and 1 other site) France and Basque/Spanish and Iberian Population in Spain
Ashkenazi6.6%
Central Indoeuropean5.7%
Northwest European11.3%
Ambiguous

Garimund
08-06-2017, 02:10 AM
My geneplaza results (23andme):

West Eurasian 97.1%
Northwest European: 51.8%
Southwestern European: 28.4%
North Slavic: 14.6%
Ambiguous: 2.3%

Ambiguous: 2.9%

sktibo
08-06-2017, 03:05 AM
My geneplaza results (23andme):

West Eurasian 97.1%
Northwest European: 51.8%
Southwestern European: 28.4%
North Slavic: 14.6%
Ambiguous: 2.3%

Ambiguous: 2.9%

That looks like a lot of SW Euro given what flags you display, how much of your ancestry is Norman or French?

Garimund
08-06-2017, 03:31 AM
I don't have any direct French ancestry I know of. I have some Anglo-Norman surnames weaved into a very British isles stock family tree. On k36, my Basque and Iberian numbers are a bit higher than other British isles descended people. 23andme didn't pick up any Southwest European for me though.

randwulf
08-06-2017, 06:40 PM
My father:

My mom:

Robert1
08-06-2017, 07:08 PM
My results from AncestryDNA upload to GenePlaza. Overall, interesting results.

West Eurasian 99.0% / Ambiguous 1.0%

Northwest European 92.2% (my records and other tests indicate this actually is 99-100%)
Southwestern European 2.9%
North Slavic 2.9%
Ambiguous 1.1%

Robert1
08-06-2017, 08:47 PM
My Mother's results from AncestryDNA upload to GenePlaza. Not pleased with the results so I plan to upload her 23&Me data to compare. I don't know how much difference it makes but her upload is from the new AncestryDNA genotyping chip while mine are from the previous AncestryDNA genotyping chip.

West Eurasian 98.1% / Ambiguous 1.9%

Northwest European 78.0% (my records and other tests indicate she actually is 99-100%)
Southwestern European 7.7%
North Slavic 6.2%
Ambiguous 6.3%

randwulf
08-07-2017, 01:59 AM
My Wife:

My Father in Law:

Robert1
08-07-2017, 01:29 PM
My Mother's results from AncestryDNA upload to GenePlaza. Not pleased with the results so I plan to upload her 23&Me data to compare. I don't know how much difference it makes but her upload is from the new AncestryDNA genotyping chip while mine are from the previous AncestryDNA genotyping chip.

West Eurasian 98.1% / Ambiguous 1.9%

Northwest European 78.0% (my records and other tests indicate she actually is 99-100%)
North Slavic 6.2%
Ambiguous 6.3%

My Mother's results from 23&Me upload to GenePlaza are better.

West Eurasian 99.5% / Ambiguous 0.5%

Eastern Mediterranean 4.1%
Northwest European 86.2% (my records and other tests indicate she actually is 99-100%)
Southwestern European 6.9%
Ambiguous 2.3%

Robert1
08-07-2017, 01:39 PM
And my paternal aunt's results from an AncestryDNA upload to GenePlaza.

West Eurasian 98.6% / Ambiguous 1.4%

Eastern Mediterranean 6.0%
Northwest European 79.7% (my records and other tests indicate she actually is 99-100%)
Ambiguous 5.2%

Like my mother her upload is from the new AncestryDNA genotyping chip but I haven't tested her at 23&Me so can't compare results as I did with my Mother.

anglesqueville
08-24-2017, 02:37 PM
My mom:

DNALand:

Not suprising...

stealth
08-24-2017, 10:41 PM
Ukrainian, Ivano-Frankivsk region

Accurate test for Slavs

JFWinstone
08-25-2017, 12:28 AM
It looks like it's been updated since I last looked. Mine

JFWinstone
08-25-2017, 12:32 AM
Mum's

Solothurn
08-25-2017, 01:43 AM
West Eurasian 98.7%
Northwest European 82.0%
Southwestern European 6.4%
North Slavic 7.9%
Ambiguous 3.7%

Batroun
08-25-2017, 05:16 AM
Why is Arab/Egyptian a category? I scored roughly 37% for that group and the rest was Central IndoEuropean, and South West Europe. Arab/Egyptian is very misleading, especially when all other tests tell me i have little arab admixture and no egyptian or african

stealth
08-25-2017, 05:31 AM
Why is Arab/Egyptian a category? I scored roughly 37% for that group and the rest was Central IndoEuropean, and South West Europe. Arab/Egyptian is very misleading, especially when all other tests tell me i have little arab admixture and no egyptian or african

Can you post 2 of your results for compare?

stealth
08-28-2017, 08:10 AM
Any opinions on new Geneplaza update, is this test accurate to your known family history?

How it compares to other tests Ancestry, 23andme, DNALAND, MyHeritage, Wegene, Gedmatch, etc?

Theconqueror
08-31-2017, 12:00 PM
My results (FTDNA converted to 23andMe):

How did you convert your 23andme? I had done that before but for some reason, Gneplaza cannot process my converted 23andme txt file. Do you know a good recent conversion tool?

randwulf
09-01-2017, 07:58 PM
How did you convert your 23andme? I had done that before but for some reason, Gneplaza cannot process my converted 23andme txt file. Do you know a good recent conversion tool?

I used the DNALand raw 23andMe results file from their conversion as the base. Then I downloaded my X chromosome raw results from FTDNA and converted that file by hand. After that, I pasted the converted X Chromosome data to the DNALand file and uploaded that file, which worked well. If I am remembering correctly, I had to replace commas with tabs and delete a heading file as far as the edits to the X chromosome file.

Abd.H
09-01-2017, 11:53 PM

I have also 33,8 % Arab/Egyptian but in Dna.Land I scored less Arab/Egyptian
and what caught my attention is that I have 5,6% Southwestern European {French and Iberian} while I didn't score as much as this before
https://f.top4top.net/p_60959ohx1.png (https://up.top4top.net/)

Pylsteen
09-02-2017, 08:28 PM
West Eurasian 88.6%:
Eastern Mediterranean 5.8%
North Slavic 9.8%
Southwestern European 17.0%
Northwest European 55.9%

Ambiguous 4.2%

Central Chinese 3.9%:
Southeast Asian 2.2%
Central Chinese 1.7%

Central Asian 3.3%:
Altaian, Kalmyk, Tuvinian and Yakut in Russia

Globally quite good. I think much of the Central Asian is in fact SE Asian. For the Jewish they could have taken Ashkenazi, but since it is mixed Sephardi/Ashkenazi I think they chose Eastern Med. I wouldn't know what the ambiguous contains.

jjensen6
09-03-2017, 10:57 AM
West Eurasian 98.4%
Northwest European-54.8% (Scottish Argyll_Bute_GBR and British in England; Icelandic in Iceland; Norweigen in Norway and Orcadian in Orkney Islands)
North Slavic-16.1% (Belarusian in Belarus; Estonian in Estonia; Lithuanian in Lithuania; Mordovian and Russian in Russia and Ukrainian in (East) Ukraine)
Southwestern European-14.7% (Basque/French and French in (South and 1 other site)France and Basque/Spanish and Iberian population in Spain)
Eastern Mediterranean-8.2% (Cypriot in Cyprus; Italian/East Siclian and Italian/WestSicilian in Italy and Maltese in Malta)
Ambiguous-4.5%

Ambiguous-1.6%

Compared to DNA.Land:
West Eurasian-100%
Northwest European-55% (Scottish Argyll_Bute_GBR and British in England; Icelandic in Iceland; Norwegian in Norway and Orcadian in Orkney Islands)
South/Central European-18% (Italian/Bergamo, Italian/Tuscan and Toscani in (Bergamo, Tuscany and 1 other site) Italy)
North Slavic-17% (Belarusian in Belarus; Estonian in Estonia; Lithuanian in Lithuania; Mordovian and Russian in Russia and Ukrainian in (East) Ukraine)
Balkan-7.6% (Albanian in Albania; Bulgarian in Bulgaria and Greek in (2 sites) Greece)
Southwestern European-1.8% (Basque/French and French in (South and 1 other site) France and Basque/Spanish and Iberian Population in Spain)
Kalash-1.4% (Kalash in Pakistan)

So the Northwestern and North Slavic line up pretty well. The South/Central European at dna.land seems to get moved over to Southwestern European at geneplaza. Ditto with the Balkan over to Eastern Mediterranean. I find the High Northwestern scores interesting because Ancestry puts Great Britian (and Ireland for that matter) at a much lower total (as shown in my signature), so I'm not sure what to think about it.

J1 DYS388=13
09-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Nice product.

Ancient Farmers 51.5%
Steppe Cultures 26.8%
Western European & Scandinavian Hunter Gatherers (4000-5000 years) 21.1%

Southeast Eurasian 0.6%
African 0.0%
Eastern Non Africans (modern) 0.0%

Dost
09-03-2017, 07:17 PM
91% East Med ... 99% West Eurasian, rest ambigous :)

Sandruschkaa
09-04-2017, 07:23 AM
West Eurasian98.8%

Eastern Mediterranean5.2%
Southwestern European2.3%
North Slavic89.5%
Ambiguous 1.9%

MonkeyDLuffy
09-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Central Asian : 51.1%
West Eurasian: 47%
East Med : 3.9%
South Asian : 37.3%
North Slavic: 3.0
Ambiguos : 2.8%

VelvetNono
09-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Background: 3/4 Afghan Pashtun and 1/4 Afghan Tajik (With some Dardic (Pashai and possibly Nuristani) admixture as well).

My Results:

https://scontent.fybz2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21272991_1890153707679642_2773000443219663165_o.jp g?oh=03dd45abbc7b3b7653bc38567b4babc8&oe=5A5CB593

Grahamscy
09-04-2017, 10:58 PM
West Eurasian97.7%

Northwest European68.5%

Southwestern European10.2%

North Slavic7.5%

Ambiguous11.5%

and 2.3 % ambiguous

surbakhunWeesste
09-05-2017, 12:42 AM
Central Asian61.5%
Altaian, Kalmyk, Tuvinian and Yakut in Russia
West Eurasian36.8%
Ambiguous3.4%
South Asian5.7%
North Slavic3.5%
Central Indoeuropean

Kurumim
09-05-2017, 12:53 AM
West Eurasian 69.0%
>Ambiguous 2.3%
>Eastern Mediterranean 17.4%
>North Slavic 7.3%
>Southwestern European 23.5%
>Northwest European 18.4%

African 16.3%
>North African 8.3%
>West African 5.8%
>Ambiguous 2.2%

Native American 12.4%

Ambiguous 2.4%

stealth
09-05-2017, 02:10 AM
stealth

Southwestern Ukrainian

Y-DNA Haplogroup: I2-L621

ashstar
09-05-2017, 02:37 AM
I mainly have South English (East and west) heritage.

West Eurasian 96.2%

Northwest European80.9%
Southwestern European5.7%
Ambiguous9.5%

Ambiguous2.6%
Native Oceanian1.3%

12% ambiguous? anyone know why?

Finn
09-08-2017, 12:34 PM
From North Dutch stock:
https://www.mupload.nl/img/jerlasebuqzko.png

wombatofthenorth
09-09-2017, 04:17 AM
From North Dutch stock:
https://www.mupload.nl/img/jerlasebuqzko.png

Do most Dutch get that much North Slavic or Baltic on DNA.LAND?

Finn
09-09-2017, 05:21 AM
Do most Dutch get that much North Slavic or Baltic on DNA.LAND?

@wombatofthenorth my result on DNA land is somewhat different:
https://www.mupload.nl/img/d14rwuiydgzrr.png

L1983
09-09-2017, 08:46 AM
I thought I'd posted parents results but can't find them now so apologies if this is duplicate.

Mum/dad

Edit: added dna land for comparison

kingjohn
09-25-2017, 10:37 AM
my results genplazza very close to gencove and dna land no surprise as it the same algorithm:

West Eurasian89.8%
Ambiguous2.6%
Eastern Mediterranean10.4%/ 12% in gencove
Arab/Egyptian13.9%/ 17% in gencove
Southwestern European23.7% / the same % :)
Ashkenazi33.1% / the same %
Central Indoeuropean6.2% / 7% in gencove

Central Asian7.7%/ 8% in gencove
Ambiguous2.5%??????
regards
adam

p.s
the only significant difference is the ambiguous 2.5%

chelle
09-27-2017, 04:32 AM
Here are my dad's gene plaza results and dnaland results190131901419015

ianz91
09-27-2017, 11:12 AM
do you have a lot of southern European? like Spanish, Italian, southern French, etc.? If you have a lot of really southern stuff you'd maybe have an excess of farmer compared say their Western European component and need to add in some more Mediterranean.

On 23andme I get 5.2% Southern European, 0.7% Balkan, <0.1% Iberian, 4.5% Broadly Southern European. On AncestryDNA, I get 18% Iberian, <1% Italy/Greece. I have no Southern European ancestors that I know of btw.

kingjohn
09-28-2017, 06:22 AM
brother gene plazza

2.8% north Slavic close to the 3% north east Europe in genecove
generally results very close to gencove

West Eurasian96.1%
Ambiguous1.4%
Eastern Mediterranean22.8%
Cypriot in Cyprus; Italian/EastSicilian and Italian/WestSicilian in Italy and Maltese in Malta
North Slavic2.8%
Arab/Egyptian7.0%
Southwestern European16.0%
Ashkenazi 26.5%
Central Indoeuropean 19.6%

Ambiguous3.9%

kingjohn
09-29-2017, 07:24 AM
mother geneplazza very close to gencove:

West Eurasian97.6%
Ambiguous1.9%
Eastern Mediterranean38.0%{43% in gencove}
North Slavic5.4% {6% north east euro in gencove}
Arab/Egyptian9.0%{i think the same}
Southwestern European15.7%{18%in gencove}
Ashkenazi18.0% {the same }
Central Indoeuropean9.6%

Ambiguous2.4%

father geneplazza close to gencove

West Eurasian90.8%
Eastern Mediterranean16.8%
Arab/Egyptian12.2%
Southwestern European6.8%
Ashkenazi44.4%
Central Indoeuropean10.6%

Central Asian5.9%{indo iranians genes }
Ambiguous3.4%

OFC123
09-29-2017, 03:36 PM
My Geneplaza results:

39.1% Native American

36.7% West Eurasian

25.1% Southwest European
5.9% Eastern Mediterranean
3.5% North Slavic
2.2% Ambiguous

13.2% Central Chinese

3.9% Southeast Asian
5.8% Central Chinese
3.5% Mongolic/Tungusic

4.1% African

2.7% West African
1.4% Ambiguous

3.8% Ambiguous

3.1% Central Asian

My DNA.land results:

43% West Eurasian

18% South/Central European
15% Soutwestern European
3.4% North Slavic
5.2% Central Asian (3% Mid-Turkic & 2.2% Indus Valley)
1.8% Ambiguous

39% Native American

14% East Asian

6.7% Southeast Asian
5.6% East Asian
1.8% Siberian

1.9% Ambiguous

1.9% Senegal River Valley

Hmmm both results look very similar, except the fact that a chunk of Eurasian is removed on Geneplaza. The Central Asian DNA keeps appearing on DNA.land and Geneplaza, and it leaves me confused. I still don't believe it's real...so I'll substitute it with Southern European or North African. According to Dr. McDonald's results, I'm 40-42% Spanish, 36-39% USA_East, 16-18% Miao/Dai, and 3-4% Mendenka. My mom is 3/4 Spanish and 1/4 Chinese and my dad is mostly Native American with a bit of Spanish, so I shouldn't be surprised if I score 13% Chinese but Eurogenes K15 and McDonald's results say that I'm more than 16% East Asian. I still believe that McDonald's results are way more accurate and real. And also, could the African "ambiguous" be North African? I'm pretty sure I have some North African in me, plus Sephardic Jewish runs in my maternal line. Confused that I get North Slavic instead of North African or Jewish. I am very interested in that 3.8% ambiguous and would like to know what it really is...:confused:

Geborgenheit
12-02-2017, 10:41 PM
My results
West Eurasian 98.9%
North Slavic 76.5%
Eastern Mediterranean 14.6%
Southwestern European 5.2 % :)
Ambiguous 2.6%

Ambiguous 1.1%

I think the results are very exciting. I have never got Southwestern European anywhere!
Well, except Gedmatch.

My DNA Land results differ quite significantly.

fostert
12-03-2017, 12:21 AM
My results
West Eurasian 98.9%
North Slavic 76.5%
Eastern Mediterranean 14.6%
Southwestern European 5.2 % :)
Ambiguous 2.6%

Ambiguous 1.1%

I think the results are very exciting. I have never got Southwestern European anywhere!
Well, except Gedmatch.

My DNA Land results differ quite significantly.

I contacted GenePlaza about the Ancestry Calculator app, and asked them if it was the same as DNA.land. Alain Coletta replies and told me it is the same algorithm but with the new and latest reference panel from them. So results between DNA.Land and Geneplaza will not be expected to be the same.

One thing that worries me though: as a test I uploaded both my Ancestry raw DNA *and* my 23andme raw DNA to GenePlaza, using two different email addresses. The results show the same total amount (99% West Eurasian) but there are large differences in some of my regions: e.g. with my 23&me dna, I get 7.4% Eastern Mediterranean, whereas with Ancestry raw dna I get 16.9% Eastern Med - nearly a 10% difference with the same algorithm operating on two dna sets! My other regions are more well behaved and differ by 2-3% on average.

Obviously Ancestry and 23&me must be measuring a lot of different SNPs. The moral of the story is don't believe your components that are under 10% with any testing provider.

Grahamscy
12-03-2017, 07:21 AM
From what I can see results seem to vary , working better for some people than others.I feel I got a bit of a mixed bag , some dead on the money and some a little off.

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 96.5%
- Northwestern European 73.2%
- Scandinavian 23.3%

South Central Asian 1.5%
Balochi, Brahui, Pakistani Parsis
Caucasian 1.4 %
South Amerindian 0.6 %

First off I got a bit more northwestern European than what I generally get and the southern European component I almost always get and the eastern European component I often get are missing , most likely because of the fact these components aren't very recent to me .They seem to have vanished into the Northwestern European category here.The Scandinavian is a little on the high side but well within my normal levels.Here are some Scandinavian levels from different tests I've taken :

My Heritage - 28.4%
My Origins - 24 %
GenePlaza - 23.3 %
GPS Origins - 20.4 %
Eurogenes K36 - 10.08 %
DNA Tribes - 9.2 %
DNA Land - 8.5 %
23 and Me - 1.5 %

So nothing odd there.

I note that when native American ancestry shows up ( which is rarely ) it`s always from South America , even though I have no ancestry from there ( at least not known ).As a guess , if it isn`t noise , it could be an ancient Hun like signature from Central Asia . I once came across some guy claiming much of southern France was settled by South American Natives.This was based on high Q values in southern France.Highly unlikely of course , but after checking up on it I discovered that the Huns ( who had invaded as far as the southern area of France ) had Q values almost exactly the same as certain South American Native tribes.I`ve also noticed that a few people centered around the Caucasus do show some South American DNA even though none of their ancestors ever came from the new world.I think Huns ( or ancient proto-Huns), using Occam`s Razor , is the best explanation.

Nothing odd about the Caucasian or Balochi , although the Caucasian component is often a little higher than this.

Geborgenheit
12-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Obviously Ancestry and 23&me must be measuring a lot of different SNPs. The moral of the story is don't believe your components that are under 10% with any testing provider.

Hopefully such tests will get better with time ( thanks to our contribution ? ) .It can be that all results under 10% are wrong, but it can also be that these are real results. In another thread, you have mentioned, that we usually get 12,5% of DNA from each grandparent. In fact, it's not exact. We get 50% from each parent, but in a very extreme case, it is possible that somebody gets 25% from one grandparent and 0% from the other, it's rarely 12,5 % and 12,5 % in any case, usually you get a bit more from one grandparent and a bit less from the other one.

I'm still excited about my 5.2 % Southwestern European. Finally, something different. :)

Geborgenheit
12-03-2017, 07:56 AM
I note that when native American ancestry shows up ( which is rarely ) it`s always from South America , even though I have no ancestry from there ( at least not known ).

Usually, people from the British Isles get some percentages of Iberian ( Spanish and Portuguese). Can it be that your South American is in fact your Iberian ?

Grahamscy
12-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Usually, people from the British Isles get some percentages of Iberian ( Spanish and Portuguese). Can it be that your South American is in fact your Iberian ?

Well , my Iberian usually does show up on tests , so I would assume it would have shown up on this one.Generally if the South American shows up , the Iberian ( or southern European ) will also.For example on My Heritage I got 14.1 % Iberian and 0.8 % South American separately.

Oleg (Rus)
12-03-2017, 10:01 AM
I tried to import my data from Gencove this morning, now I'm waiting... I was tested only in FTDNA.

Geborgenheit
12-03-2017, 10:03 AM
I tried to import my data from Gencove this morning, now I'm waiting... I was tested only in FTDNA.

I've imported from Gencove too. They have proceeded my data very fast, just a couple of hours and I could get all results.

Oleg (Rus)
12-03-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm afraid that they won't admit my Family Finder file, even from Gencove. Previous time I tried to upload converted file from DNA Land and after some time they said that my upload is failed.

eolien
12-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Hopefully such tests will get better with time ( thanks to our contribution ? ) .It can be that all results under 10% are wrong, but it can also be that these are real results. In another thread, you have mentioned, that we usually get 12,5% of DNA from each grandparent. In fact, it's not exact. We get 50% from each parent, but in a very extreme case, it is possible that somebody gets 25% from one grandparent and 0% from the other, it's rarely 12,5 % and 12,5 % in any case, usually you get a bit more from one grandparent and a bit less from the other one.

I'm still excited about my 5.2 % Southwestern European. Finally, something different. :)

Well, you might get this or that amount of DNA from your ancestors but do not forget that we are talking about SNPs which are not located at the same distance from each other and afaik all the calculators use only a subset of SNPs.

Oleg (Rus)
12-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Yes, my file is ready! But I don't want to spend credits on Joe Pickrell's algorithm, I would wait for Kurd's updated calculator and now just order some health reports:)

Oleg (Rus)
12-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Now I have only one question - can these results for imputed files be precise? I think that imputation can seriously distort the real picture.

fostert
12-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Imputation = synthetic data = evil.

I figure its imputation that's responsible in part for giving me inconsistent results at GenePlaza (Joe Pickrell's calculator) when comparing two raw DNA kits that they have imputed. My Ancestry raw DNA gives me 10% more E. Mediterranean than my 23&me raw DNA does, and each other component differs by a few % in each (5.7% difference in my NW European, 2.1% diff in my North Slavic, 0.7% diff in SW European). Whereas both raw kits on the GEDMATCH admixture calculators give nearly identical results. All this proves is the obvious: there are significant (5% even up to 10% IMO) uncertainties/errors in the sub-continental components you are being told you have by any calculator.

wilhelmhalys
01-20-2018, 10:44 PM
West Eurasian 97.5%

Ambiguous 4.9%
North Slavic 41.6%
Southwestern European 30.0%
Central Indoeuropean 5.5%
Northwest European 15.4%
Ambiguous 2.5%

Modernancientdna
01-20-2018, 10:57 PM
West Eurasian 97.5%

Ambiguous 4.9%
North Slavic 41.6%
Southwestern European 30.0%
Central Indoeuropean 5.5%
Northwest European 15.4%
Ambiguous 2.5%

Geneplaza

Eastern Mediterranean 6.1%
Southwestern European 8.8%
North Slavic 82.1%
Ambiguous 1.8%
Ambiguous 1.2%

Are you half Polish?

Kurki
01-20-2018, 11:07 PM
Basically the same as my DNA Land results so I wont bother posting. It'll have a place for some people I'm sure.

It probably is similar for many people. Like a lot of tests. This was noteably different than DNA Land for me in that DNA Land dumped me into 25% Finnish (too much). GenePlaza has more nuance it seems, at least for Baltics, east Slavic. On DNA Land I was 69% NW Europe, 25% Finnish, 5.8% North Slav (Belarus, Ukraine, Baltics, Mordovia, W. Russia). In GenePlaza I was 64.3% NW Europe, 32.9% North Slav (and that's a little high I'm sure though). 1.7% ambiguous. Not Finnish. (I am actually probably a very small amount Finnish)

But you could add the GenePlazaK29 for a couple bucks and then these parts were broken down better: Scandinavian (Norway/Sweden): 47.5%, NW Europe: 20.8% (Orcadian, Scott, English, French), Eastern Slavic: 16.3% (Belarus, Ukraine), Baltics: 13.3%, Caucasian (Georgians): 1.8%, India (Gujarati): 0.3%. So far it's the best cheapo one I've done, as far as matching to Gedmatch, my known ancestry, and likely haplogroups. But it all depends on populations. My Heritage and DNA Land didn't work well for me because they made me extremely Finnish. This one might be missing Danish population (?), which is a large portion of my ancestors. But they are probably accounting for similarieis in the top populations. I'd be less Orcadian, English etc. Poor little Denmark.

Tz85
01-20-2018, 11:40 PM
West Eurasian 99.4%
Eastern Mediterranean 38.4%
Northwest European 8.4%
Southwestern European 17.9%
North Slavic 34.7%

wilhelmhalys
01-21-2018, 03:51 PM
Geneplaza

Eastern Mediterranean 6.1%
Southwestern European 8.8%
North Slavic 82.1%
Ambiguous 1.8%
Ambiguous 1.2%

Are you half Polish?

Yes, half polish - half spanish.

kingjohn
01-21-2018, 04:00 PM
Imputation = synthetic data = evil.

I figure its imputation that's responsible in part for giving me inconsistent results at GenePlaza (Joe Pickrell's calculator) when comparing two raw DNA kits that they have imputed. My Ancestry raw DNA gives me 10% more E. Mediterranean than my 23&me raw DNA does, and each other component differs by a few % in each (5.7% difference in my NW European, 2.1% diff in my North Slavic, 0.7% diff in SW European). Whereas both raw kits on the GEDMATCH admixture calculators give nearly identical results. All this proves is the obvious: there are significant (5% even up to 10% IMO) uncertainties/errors in the sub-continental components you are being told you have by any calculator.

correct
it even contradict my k47 of lukasz
which honestly i think is a better calculator :)

wilhelmhalys
01-21-2018, 04:16 PM
Geneplaza's K29 results.. Quite weird, due to my know ancestries (half-polish, half-spanish)

EUROPEAN 90.8%

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 46.2%
Scandinavian 46.2%

EASTERN EUROPEAN44.6%
Southern Slavic 44.6%

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN0.0%

ASIAN 8.0%
WEST ASIAN6.6%
Southwest Asian 6.6%

CENTRAL ASIAN1.4%
Bashkirs 1.4%

kingjohn
01-21-2018, 06:06 PM
Geneplaza's K29 results.. Quite weird, due to my know ancestries (half-polish, half-spanish)

EUROPEAN 90.8%

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 46.2%
Scandinavian 46.2%

EASTERN EUROPEAN44.6%
Southern Slavic 44.6%

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN0.0%

ASIAN 8.0%
WEST ASIAN6.6%
Southwest Asian 6.6%

CENTRAL ASIAN1.4%
Bashkirs 1.4%

have to agree looks wierd :\
you should have scored baltic or east slavic or both from your polish side
and southwest europe from your iberian side

Tz85
01-21-2018, 06:22 PM

Even I score almost 20% Southwest Europe, and I'm not even Spanish. Probably a combination with East Med for my Sephardic Ancestry.

Modernancientdna
01-21-2018, 07:16 PM

EUROPEAN 90.8%

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 46.2%
Scandinavian 46.2%

EASTERN EUROPEAN44.6%
Southern Slavic 44.6%

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN0.0%

ASIAN 8.0%
WEST ASIAN6.6%
Southwest Asian 6.6%

CENTRAL ASIAN1.4%
Bashkirs 1.4%

I am full Polish with ancestors from Ukraine

Geneplaza K29

EUROPEAN 96.4%

EASTERN EUROPEAN 78.4%

Baltic 52.6%
Eastern Slavic 20.9%
Southern Slavic 4.8%

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 18.1%

Sicilian 9.3%
Southwest European 8.7%

ASIAN 3.3%

WEST ASIAN 1.8%

Caucasian 1.8%

CENTRAL ASIAN 1.6%

Tatars 1.6%

AFRICAN 0.2%

East African 0.2%

wilhelmhalys
01-21-2018, 07:34 PM

Totally agree! I will send an email to Geneplaza, to let them know that they need to check my results out in order to double-check whether the calculator is working fine..

kingjohn
01-21-2018, 07:36 PM
Even I score almost 20% Southwest Europe, and I'm not even Spanish. Probably a combination with East Med for my Sephardic Ancestry.

so we have your mother
and this person
who got realy realy strange results ....... :\

Tz85
01-21-2018, 09:10 PM
so we have your mother
and this person
who got realy realy strange results ....... :\

Unless this is reflecting part of my Sephardic Ancestry.

JFWinstone
04-23-2018, 03:18 PM
The geneplaza ancestry results for my mum's 23andme data

West Eurasian - 51%
Northwest European - 31.4%
North Slavic - 10.0%
South Asian - 3.0%
Ambiguous - 6.5%

Central Chinese - 20.4%
Southeast Asian - 12.8%
Central Chinese - 6.1%
Mongolic/Tungusic - 1.5%

African - 18%
East African - 9.6%
West African - 6.8%
Ambiguous - 1.7%

Central Asian - 5.3%

Ambiguous - 5.3%

Herb.
05-04-2018, 03:05 AM
Got my grandmothers DNA test results.

Her mother was known to be part Native, and although her legal name was "Chief", I still had my doubts.

Was shocked to see these results - abnormally high Central Asian (we're African American) which is accompanied by 0.9% "Amerindian" .

Is it safe to assume this is Native DNA?

https://i.imgur.com/mY94pIn.png?1

euromutt
05-06-2018, 08:06 PM
Hi all.
My known ancestry is 50% Italian from my fatherís side, and 37.5% French and 12.5% English on my motherís side. My results seem pretty on point, except for the central Asian portion. I generally come up with a sizable portion of Caucasus/West Asian/Middle Eastern or whatever variant each company uses which I attribute to my Italian ancestry.

Sizzles
05-21-2018, 05:52 PM
Gene plaza over estimates southern Slavic 51.9%vs. Ancestry 26%. Underestimates southern euro Sicilian 13.2%vs. 36% ancestry.
Geneplaza
European 93.2%
51.9%southern slavic
28.1%northern euro
13.2% sicilian
6.8%asian
4% tatars
2.8%west asian

Ancestry
36%southern euro sicily
26% Eastern Europe North Italy Croatia bosnia
24% great britain
5% Ireland Scotland Wales
4% Caucasus
2% middle east
1% Scandinavian
1% west euro
1% North african
Known ancestry Sicilian croatian German Irish some dutch

cassiopeia
05-21-2018, 06:37 PM
Decided to revisit my K29 results. This is another calculator that doesn't pick up my Scandinavian at all despite me having a Swedish great-grandfather.

European 93.5%
Northwest European 63.8%
Scandinavian 0.0% :\
Eastern Slavic 18.6%
Baltic 11.2%
Asian 6.0%
4.9% West Asian (I guess this might be my Ashkenazi Jewish DNA? not sure)
Southwest Asian 1.1%

Kulin
05-21-2018, 06:40 PM
Got my grandmothers DNA test results.

Her mother was known to be part Native, and although her legal name was "Chief", I still had my doubts.

Was shocked to see these results - abnormally high Central Asian (we're African American) which is accompanied by 0.9% "Amerindian" .

Is it safe to assume this is Native DNA?

https://i.imgur.com/mY94pIn.png?1

You score Tajik/Bashkhir. This is probably from your shared steppe ancestry, most likely from a European ancestor, since virtually all African-Americans are in part European/white.

Lei_VA
05-24-2018, 04:38 AM

Bruma
10-19-2018, 01:28 AM
ANCIENT FARMERS78.2%
WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years)38.8%
LEVANT (4000-8000 years)4.7%
NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years)5.8%
EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years)28.8%
STEPPE CULTURES13.8%
AFRICAN5.3%
WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years)2.5%
EASTERN NON AFRICANS (modern)0.2%
SOUTHEAST EURASIAN 0.0%

mildlycurly
10-20-2018, 02:02 AM
K29:

EUROPEAN 99.0%

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 76.3%
Scandinavian 50.7%
Northwest European 25.6%

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 21.0%
Southwest European 15.0%
Greek-Albanian 6.1%
Sicilian 0.0%

EASTERN EUROPEAN 1.7%
Baltic 1.7%
Eastern Slavic 0.0%
Southern Slavic 0.0%

ASIAN1.0%

CENTRAL ASIAN 1.0%
Tatars 1.0%
Bashkirs 0.0%
Turkmens 0.0%
Uzbek & Uyghur 0.0%
Kazak & Kirgiz 0.0%
Tajikistani 0.0%

The Tatar was a bit of a surprise. Any idea what it could indicate?

digital_noise
10-20-2018, 03:29 AM
did you use 23 and Me V5 by chance? I get 10.6% Tatars with that raw data

PoxVoldius
10-20-2018, 04:00 AM

My K29 came out 12.6% Tatars with AncestryDNA raw data. (Where I'd been expecting East Euro from Mom's ancestry being 1/4 Czech & a fair amount of Dad's being East German, but got 0% East Euro.)

mildlycurly
10-20-2018, 08:26 AM

No, I used Ancestry.

Here's my Pickrell for comparison:

West Eurasian 96.0%

Central Indoeuropean 2.2%

Northwest European 90.8%

Ambiguous 3.0%

Ambiguous 2.5%

Central Asian 1.5%

Verity
10-20-2018, 08:45 PM
K29 using Ancestry raw data

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 90.1%
northwest european 61.6%[/I]
scandinavian 28.4%
EASTERN EUROPEAN 7.00%
baltic 7.00%
CENTRAL ASIAN 2.9%
tajikistani 2.9% ???

mildlycurly
10-20-2018, 10:37 PM
K29 using Ancestry raw data

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 90.1%
northwest european 61.6%[/I]
scandinavian 28.4%
EASTERN EUROPEAN 7.00%
baltic 7.00%
CENTRAL ASIAN 2.9%
tajikistani 2.9% ???

You get quite a bit of Central Asian too and you seem to be entirely English/Scottish. Distant ancestral noise?

waltematec
11-19-2018, 05:52 PM

It seems a bit heavy on Scandinavian, as the majority of my other tests show more Germany/France.
Through my paper trail, I have found a LOT of recent Northern German ancestry, but the majority of my Scandinavian is in my distant ancestry (Normans and Schleswig-Holstein Germany). I'm assuming it is likely confusing the German/Denmark and dumping it all into "Scandinavian".

Nino90
11-19-2018, 06:35 PM

It seems a bit heavy on Scandinavian, as the majority of my other tests show more Germany/France.
Through my paper trail, I have found a LOT of recent Northern German ancestry, but the majority of my Scandinavian is in my distant ancestry (Normans and Schleswig-Holstein Germany). I'm assuming it is likely confusing the German/Denmark and dumping it all into "Scandinavian".

What is your known background Sir?

I got similar results.

waltematec
11-19-2018, 08:40 PM
What is your known background Sir?

I got similar results.

My Family Tree by grandparents:

Father’s Father (yDNA R1b-U106): North West Germany (Bremen area) and some Denmark/North Germany (Schleswig-Holstein) and variants of my surname can be found from Germany up to Copenhagen. (I’ve only been able to get back a few generations here, so I’m not sure how extensive the Danish vs German gap is. From the info I’ve been able to find on the more recent generations so far, there seems to be more Germany.)
Father’s Mother: North West Germany & Serbia (haven’t been able to get too far on this one either, sadly, but I know there’s Norwegian on my dad’s side that is still unaccounted for, so it may be here.)
Mother’s Father: UK/Orkney (with extensive Norman, Anglo Saxon, and Viking lineages [myheritage genealogy]) and some recent Swedish. (This one is my most well documented lineage.)
Mother’s Mother (mtDNA U5b1b1): Almost exclusively French/Norman. (Only one of my grandparents not born in the USA)

StevenJ
11-20-2018, 12:54 AM
K29

EUROPEAN97.2%

EASTERN EUROPEAN70.0%
Eastern Slavic46.1%
Southern Slavic23.8%

NORTHERN EUROPEAN27.2%
Scandinavian27.2%

CENTRAL ASIAN2.8%

Tatars2.8%

K35

European-BA
55.3%
Beaker Central Europe
C Europe
3500-4000
25.4%
Beaker Britain
NW Europe
3500-4000
10.7%
Czech EBA
C Europe
7.3%
Balkans Bronze Age
SE Europe
7.2%
Beaker Iberia
SW Europe
3500-4000
4.6%
Steppe-MLBA-West
15.6%
Steppe MLBA
C Asia
3500-4000
12.4%
Sintashta MLBA
C Asia
3500-4000
3.2%
Saka/Hun/Sarmatian
10.6%
Saka TienShan B
C Asia
2000-2800
4.7%
Sarmatian
C Asia
2000-2800
3.2%
Hun TienShan A
C Asia
2000-2800
1.6%
Saka TienShan A
C Asia
2000-2800
1.0%
Hun TienShan B
C Asia
2000-2800
0.0%
Steppe-MLBA-East
9.0%
Krasnoyarsk MLBA
C Asia
3500-4000
5.2%
Maitan MLBA
C Asia
3500-4000
3.7%
Zevakinskiy LBA
C Asia
3500-4000
0.0%
W Asian-BA/Chl
7.0%
Armenia MLBA
W Asia
3500-4000
3.9%
Anatolia MLBA
W Asia
3500-4000
2.4%
Levant BA
W Asia
0.6%
Hajji Firuz Chalcolithic
W Asia
0.2%
Iran Chalcolithic
W Asia
0.0%
Indus Valley Civilization
1.0%
Udegram IA
S Asia
1.0%

Nino90
11-20-2018, 10:09 AM
My Family Tree by grandparents:

Father’s Father (yDNA R1b-U106): North West Germany (Bremen area) and some Denmark/North Germany (Schleswig-Holstein) and variants of my surname can be found from Germany up to Copenhagen. (I’ve only been able to get back a few generations here, so I’m not sure how extensive the Danish vs German gap is. From the info I’ve been able to find on the more recent generations so far, there seems to be more Germany.)
Father’s Mother: North West Germany & Serbia (haven’t been able to get too far on this one either, sadly, but I know there’s Norwegian on my dad’s side that is still unaccounted for, so it may be here.)
Mother’s Father: UK/Orkney (with extensive Norman, Anglo Saxon, and Viking lineages [myheritage genealogy]) and some recent Swedish. (This one is my most well documented lineage.)
Mother’s Mother (mtDNA U5b1b1): Almost exclusively French/Norman. (Only one of my grandparents not born in the USA)

Thank you for your answer.
I noticed It said 4 % Asian as well. What more does it say?

waltematec
11-20-2018, 12:18 PM
Thank you for your answer.
I noticed It said 4 % Asian as well. What more does it say?

The Asian is listed as Bashkirs. Which is Turkish. I think that comes through in the Serbia in my Father’s Mother’s lineage.

flower
12-19-2018, 03:22 PM
Ancestry
East Med 25.9
NW Eu 62.5
SW Eu 4.0
North Slavic 6.1
Ambiguous 1.5

K29
NW Eu 60.1
SW Eu 5.1
Scandinavian 26.7
Eastern Slavic 3.0
Tatar 4.9
SW Asian .2

I can't remember if I ever posted in this thread or not. Anyway, the ancestry and K29 are consistent with every site except Ancestry. My background is 100% colonial US & Canadian. Unsurprisingly everyone came from UK & ROI, Netherlands, Germany, and France. Therefore I should be 100% northwest European. This is pretty close. 22-25% of it always bounces between Scandinavia and Balkans/eastern Europe. I have no ancestry from either place other than Normans and lines from around the same time period going to Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Turkey, etc in my English ancestry. And obviously I'm assuming some ancient Norwegians back when they were all up in Scotland.

Gedmatch always places me as Dutch, North/West German, SE English, Orcadians/French/Irish, etc on the single pop. Then the 4 pop list is always some combo of SW French, French Basque, various Spanish, Dutch, N or W German, SE or SW English, Norwegian, Swedish, and some type of eastern Euro - Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Moldova, and Croatia. So basically my ancient ancestors were quite busy lol.

curiousII
01-27-2019, 09:53 AM
They must have changed their maps over the years. Mine doesn't look all that much like DNA.Land.

From Geneplaza:

Ancestry, Estimation of the general geographic regions where your ancestors lived

West Eurasian: 98.4%
Eastern Mediterranean: 7.5%
Northwest European: 65.1%
North Slavic: 20.1%
Ambiguous: 5.8%
Ambiguous: 1.6%

Geneplaza K29 calculator:

EUROPEAN: 99.2%
EASTERN EUROPEAN: 48.3%
Eastern Slavic: 48.3%
Belarusians, Ukrainians
Southern Slavic: 0.0%
Baltic: 0.0%
NORTHERN EUROPEAN: 46.7%
Northwest European: 46.7%
Scandinavian: 0.0%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN: 4.2%
Sicilian: 4.2%
Greek-Albanian: 0.0%
Southwest European: 0.0%

ASIAN: 0.5%
SIBERIAN & AMERINDIAN: 0.3%
AFRICAN: 0.0%
Oceanian: 0.0%

My DNA.Land:

West Eurasian 100%
Northwest European: 70%
Northeast European: 17% North Slavic 8.5%
Finnish: 8.1%
Southwestern European: 11%
Ambiguous: 1.4%
South European: 1.2% Ambiguous 1.2%

No idea at all on how to copy Geneplaza's Ethnicity Calculator results. Maybe some of the features don't work with private browsers.

Jojjo450
01-28-2019, 09:49 PM

Uploaded from my AncestryDNA-kit.

For comparison,
my AncestryDNA results are:

45% Sweden
27% England, Wales, Northwestern Europe
17% Norway
10% Germanic Europe
1% Finland

scobar
03-04-2019, 02:18 AM
My GenePlaza results (23andMe v5 upload)

Ancestry

scobar
03-04-2019, 02:26 AM
K35 Ancient

scobar
03-04-2019, 02:28 AM
K29 admixture

scobar
05-10-2019, 09:01 AM
My GenePlaza results (23andMe v5 upload)

Ancestry

Ancestry V2 upload

Got two new categories - African (ambiguous) & Central Indoeuropean. Existing catgeories w/ reduced %.

talombo
05-10-2019, 11:45 AM
23andme v5 upload
too much european, too little middle-eastern

Raye
06-20-2019, 11:16 PM
Hi!
First of all here are my K15 Oracle results from GEDMATCH:

Note: I am not British and have no recent UK ancestry, nor do I have any ties to Scandinavia. I believe that most of that signal is coming from my father's Dutch ancestry (he is almost 100% Dutch). As a result, his ancestry is simple to figure out, since any variation in his heritage is quite locally confined to the surrounding regions. His ancestry mostly dominates my modern results, since it is 50% and so clear.
My mother is a little harder to pinpoint - she is part German and part French and I believe that way back, perhaps 500+ years ago, some of her ancestors lived in the bordering areas around Spain and southern France. Spanish_Cataluna, French_Basque etc. often make appearances in my Oracles. In MyTrueAncestry I am most closely related to Visigoths, Franks and Gauls, with actual Deep Dive results between me and two Franks and an Iberian Visigoth. I ran the Visigoth kit on GED match and it was very Spanish and southwest French. A one to one comparison did in fact yield shared DNA. I know that Germanic Visigoths are likely a signal from my father and his Dutch roots, but aside from extremely ancient Iberian traces from thousands of years ago (that all Dutch people and UK people share), he has no ties to anywhere outside of the Netherlands. My Iberian component is also always higher than the average Dutch or UK population on the GED match calculators. It isn't a staggering amount, but it is there.

One last point on the Oracle - I see Tuscan and North Italian and presume it is German and French mixed from my mother..

For future reference - I am also not recently of Baltic origin, but I could see where maybe some of my ancestors might have come from that direction, especially if this signal is very old.

With that we come to my results from Geneplaza:

Ancestry:

This one I think goes back some centuries (I read somewhere over 500 years). This would generally fit with what I assume happened and where I believe my ancestors used to live, in the Spanish/French borderlands. I imagine the Italian signal might be the result of mixing between the Spanish/southern France component and the German/Central European, or even meaning back in those days there was so much exchange between the ports of these places that I had ancestors living in both regions.
The Eastern Med is broken down as:
Cypriot in Cyprus; Italian/EastSicilian and Italian/WestSicilian in Italy and Maltese in Malta
The North Slavic as:
Belarusian in Belarus; Estonian in Estonia; Lithuanian in Lithuania; Mordovian and Russian in Russia and Ukrainian in (East) Ukraine

K29:

SICILIAN!??? Lol. Basque makes another appearance! I have no idea what the Sicilian means though or how recent this ancestry is supposed to be.
Northwest European opens as:
Orcadian, Scott, French, English
Baltic:
Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian
Southern Slavic:
Bosnian, Montenegrin, Bulgarian, Romanian

Ethnicity:

I hover between "British" and "Iberian". In my K15 plot, I hover between France and Germany, even though I am technically half Dutch. The Dutch is usually predominant everywhere, even if it manifests as some form of UK ancestry.

What do you guys think?

dosas
07-11-2019, 04:37 PM
I am quite perplexed about the Central Asian components.

https://i.ibb.co/dWWRvFX/Screenshot-2019-07-11-Gene-Plaza-App-Store-The-K35-calculator.png

https://i.ibb.co/JrnXjtk/Screenshot-2019-07-11-Gene-Plaza-App-Store-The-K35-calculator-1.png

Thank you, in advance, for all your comments.

Sevadus
07-13-2019, 10:53 PM
can someone explain why my european is so high for an Iranian?
K35
https://imgur.com/sI9PKe7.jpg
european in this case is 20% sardinian
K29
https://imgur.com/oZhf3JN.jpg

curiousDNAguy12
08-26-2019, 10:30 PM

StillWater
08-28-2019, 09:00 AM
23andme v5 upload
too much european, too little middle-eastern

It's because Cyprus is a reference for East Med there.

StillWater
08-28-2019, 09:13 AM
Let's see if I get the lowest Ashkenazi for this one as well:

https://i.imgur.com/mb6wiXS.png

enmety
07-01-2020, 05:30 PM
My results: 38228