PDA

View Full Version : We're Related app

LauraHolland
05-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Hi all,

I have been taking a break from family tree stuff for a while as I have hit bri k walls on almost all lines and Living DNA didnt answer any questions either.

But the Ancestry We're Related app is now available in the UK, and it actually seems really helpful, but sadly hasn't illuminated any connections from the people I have connected with on gedmatch. But the possible relatives bit iscfun, I so far have Britney Spears, Robin Williams, David Cameron and Walt Whitman.

How is everyone else getting on with it?

firemonkey
05-23-2017, 07:55 PM
Would have loved to try that but alas no smartphone.

Stephen1986
06-21-2017, 08:14 PM
I have multiple possible relatives listed although tonight it gave me one I already knew, Sir Tom Finney, and the correct relationship, second cousin twice removed.

Baltimore1937
06-22-2017, 05:50 AM
Hmm, I haven't looked at that app. All this computer stuff scares me. Anyway, I used to have Britney Spears in my tree, until I discovered I connected my tree to the wrong brother back there in the 1800s. She would still be in a big tree as an unrelated connection. This has to do with the Falconberry (several different spellings) branch.

greerpalmer
06-29-2017, 03:00 PM
But the Ancestry We're Related app is now available in the UK

Is this a standard feature in the US? I've never heard of it...waiting on my ancestry results.

Solothurn
06-30-2017, 11:37 AM
Distant matches, good fun though :)

Emma Watson (Harry Potter fame) 8th cousin

Winston Churchill 9th cousin 1R

Simon Cowell 8th cousin

Ron Howard 10th cousin

Kylie Minogue 6th cousin 1R

Hi all,I have been taking a break from family tree stuff for a while as I have hit bri k walls on almost all lines and Living DNA didnt answer any questions either.But the Ancestry We're Related app is now available in the UK, and it actually seems really helpful, but sadly hasn't illuminated any connections from the people I have connected with on gedmatch. But the possible relatives bit iscfun, I so far have Britney Spears, Robin Williams, David Cameron and Walt Whitman.How is everyone else getting on with it?