PDA

View Full Version : R1b-DF27 Project at FTDNA has been initiated

TigerMW
07-05-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure that the public web site screens are all working yet but we now have a project just for DF27+ and/or downstream confirmed subclades.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/R1b-DF27/

Anyone who is DF27+ or positive for one of the downstream subclades is welcome, but this does NOT mean you need to leave any other projects to join the R1b-DF27 project. I emphatically recommend joining your terminal or youngest level haplogroup project if one is available, but please also join DF27 as well.

Razyn and I are both administrators, but we'd love to have additional help, especially from folks who have specific interests in one of the subgroups or another.

Gray Fox
07-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Good deal! Glad this has finally happened. I'd say, if they are willing, that Didier or Stephen Parrish would make great additions to this group. Especially concerning the SRY2627 aspect of the group. I'm hoping the L165 crowd follows suit and joins up as well, they seem a bit distant for some reason.

thetick
07-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Sounds cool! I joined.

Note I'm SRY2627+ from 23andme and have 111 YDNA markers. None of the downstream SNP seem close to my markers and I suspect my SRY2627 cluster A1 and probably A9 has a undiscovered SNP. Are there any WTY projects/full Y DNA projects that are reasonably priced? I don't think Gen 2.0 would be worth the cost for me since I have 23andme, FF, Full MtDNA already.

razyn
07-05-2013, 10:50 PM
I had to try again, but this time I was at least allowed to join.

When one looks in the FTDNA list of Haplogroup Projects (YDNA), under R, the new DF27 project is there, but w/o a website address. Possibly, this means we don't have one... or possibly that's something else that didn't yet "take," so to speak.

thetick
07-05-2013, 10:58 PM
I had to try again, but this time I was at least allowed to join.

When one looks in the FTDNA list of Haplogroup Projects (YDNA), under R, the new DF27 project is there, but w/o a website address. Possibly, this means we don't have one... or possibly that's something else that didn't yet "take," so to speak.

I noticed that also. The Join pulldown worked fine for me since I'm now in the list.

TigerMW
07-05-2013, 10:59 PM
I had to try again, but this time I was at least allowed to join...

I found out I didn't have the checkmark on the "include in surname project list" on and even though this is a haplogroup project, you still need it. Should be working now though.

TigerMW
07-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Good deal! Glad this has finally happened. I'd say, if they are willing, that Didier or Stephen Parrish would make great additions to this group. Especially concerning the SRY2627 aspect of the group. I'm hoping the L165 crowd follows suit and joins up as well, they seem a bit distant for some reason.

Sam and Tick, thank you for joining.

This is just my thought, but I don't think DF27 gets it due attention. People who don't understand R1b may just look at it lightly, but if the DF27 project gets to be good sized then maybe more researchers will be interested. Having the SRY2627/L176.2 and L165 guys join is a like a quick shot in the arm for the project and hopefully for interest in DF27.

The suggestion has been made that one of the SRY2627 guys would be good to have as a co-admin. I would need to discuss with Dick but it sounds like a good idea... the same for L165.

I was thinking DF27 might some day catch U152 in project size but probably never L21.... however, with demographic trends that may change some day.

Gray Fox
07-06-2013, 06:14 AM
One thing to add..( Grouazel ) kit#169843, is SRY2627 positive. He tested for that snp with a different company, 23&me I believe.

Webb
07-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Dick and Mike, once we have joined the DF27 project, do you want us to withdraw from the P312 project?

TigerMW
07-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Dick and Mike, once we have joined the DF27 project, do you want us to withdraw from the P312 project?

No. You can if you want, but in my discussions with others we've agreed not to ask anyone to leave current projects they are in. We don't want any squabbles. I'd encourage you to stay. I am.

rms2
07-06-2013, 07:54 PM
The new project looks good. Congratulations! B)

It should be a biggy!

Webb
07-08-2013, 02:14 AM
Mike, I noticed your Pletcher has a few out of wack values in their string.

TigerMW
07-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Mike, I noticed your Pletcher has a few out of wack values in their string.

People have often thought there was something wrong with me. What STRs don't look in line?

breckenheimer
07-16-2013, 12:25 AM
There is one kit in the project which is not in the most refined group.

Kit 26772, Hart, is in the Z196* group, but has tested positive for DF17 and CTS7768.

TigerMW
07-16-2013, 01:44 PM
There is one kit in the project which is not in the most refined group.

Kit 26772, Hart, is in the Z196* group, but has tested positive for DF17 and CTS7768.

Thanks, Breckenheimer. I'm counting on folks like you to double check all of this work and post either here or on the yahoo group corrections or suggestions.

The Geno 2.0 results are an eye test and I am just using my memory (for key SNPs) when scanning those. I've got a spreadsheet way of doing this, but it takes more time and I try to batch things up for that process. The FTDNA subgrouping functions are not the most fun thing I've ever worked with.

TigerMW
07-18-2013, 05:51 PM
I've opened up an R1b-DF27-Project Yahoo Group. There is no intent to replace this thread. I just want to have place for project news and updates and general Q&A. That, and of course, Yahoo provides a lot of free storage so we can store spreadsheets, papers and analysis documents, etc. I see Yahoo Groups as email based message boards. They don't have all of the slick functionality and support for long, involved conversations like Anthrogenic has. However, some people don't want all of that and just want to stay up on the project updates while pressing the delete key on the majority of incoming messages.

paulrose699
07-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Just testing... Thanks

paulrose699
07-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Looking forward to further developments

TigerMW
07-19-2013, 03:13 PM
I've opened up an R1b-DF27-Project Yahoo Group. There is no intent to replace this thread. I just want to have place for project news and updates and general Q&A. That, and of course, Yahoo provides a lot of free storage so we can store spreadsheets, papers and analysis documents, etc. I see Yahoo Groups as email based message boards. They don't have all of the slick functionality and support for long, involved conversations like Anthrogenic has. However, some people don't want all of that and just want to stay up on the project updates while pressing the delete key on the majority of incoming messages.

I just posted this on the Yahoo Group news. We now have 483 confirmed DF27+ members in the project.
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/R1b-DF27/default.aspx?section=yresults

Here are three easy to remember URLs for DF27 people.

http://tinyurl.com/R1b-DF27-Project
http://tinyurl.com/R1b-DF27-Group
http://tinyurl.com/R1b-DF27-Tree

The last one is the tree that I post about and we discuss over on the DF27 phylogenetic tree thread. It is important that we have all eyes on the data so we can keep it up to date and correct.

breckenheimer
07-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Thanks, Breckenheimer. I'm counting on folks like you to double check all of this work and post either here or on the yahoo group corrections or suggestions.

The Geno 2.0 results are an eye test and I am just using my memory (for key SNPs) when scanning those. I've got a spreadsheet way of doing this, but it takes more time and I try to batch things up for that process. The FTDNA subgrouping functions are not the most fun thing I've ever worked with.

Ah, another one: 1188 Luiz in the Z196 group is also DF17+

TigerMW
07-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Ah, another one: 1188 Luiz in the Z196 group is also DF17+
Fixed, thanks

TigerMW
08-03-2013, 11:10 PM
I added 67 STR haplotypes that are good DF27 suspects to the R1b-P312xL21 Haplotypes spreadsheet under the Links section again under the title "Haplotype Data for R1b-P312xL21 (includes DF27)".

In my last iteration, I seaerched the Iberian, IberianR1b, House of Spain, Portugal, Azores, Cuban, Carribean, Puerto Rico, Brazil and New Mexico projects.

In this iteration I added suspected haplotypes from the French Heritage, German Language Area, Switzerland, Ana-Baptist Swiss and Polish projects.

I tried especially hard to look for and classify DF81, DF83, Z225 and Z220 (NS cluster) types.

The Links section/web page of this Yahoo group is on the menu on the left or you can go right to this URL.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/R1b-DF27-Project/link

TigerMW
09-20-2013, 05:33 PM
I added 67 STR haplotypes that are good DF27 suspects to the R1b-P312xL21 Haplotypes spreadsheet under the Links section again under the title "Haplotype Data for R1b-P312xL21 (includes DF27)".

In my last iteration, I seaerched the Iberian, IberianR1b, House of Spain, Portugal, Azores, Cuban, Carribean, Puerto Rico, Brazil and New Mexico projects.

In this iteration I added suspected haplotypes from the French Heritage, German Language Area, Switzerland, Ana-Baptist Swiss and Polish projects.

I tried especially hard to look for and classify DF81, DF83, Z225 and Z220 (NS cluster) types.

The Links section/web page of this Yahoo group is on the menu on the left or you can go right to this URL.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/R1b-DF27-Project/link

I added any NS-cluster people from the R1b and R1b1a2 projects in the update I uploaded this morning.