PDA

View Full Version : Is AncestryDNA's e-mail system working?

J1 DYS388=13
05-30-2017, 07:11 AM
I realise that the response rate from DNA matches at FTDNA, 23andMe, and AncestryDNA is poor.

But can anyone confirm that the e-mail feature of Ancestry.co.uk is actually working?

Contemplator
06-04-2017, 05:47 AM
I don't know about the UK one specifically, but Ancestry's email feature is not perfect. With the emails I have received, it is obvious I am not sent a new email per message sent. Some messages appear to get skipped probably because the sender already sent a message that caused an email notification. You can always retry later. Give it some days and see if that helps. People can be inactive for long periods of time. I some times get replies months later.

littleladyred
07-05-2017, 02:19 PM
I've wondered the same and upon Googling the issue have found most people agree that there is something wrong. Sometimes it'll send out the email and sometimes it doesn't work at all. I have had no matches respond to my messages and I think it's because not all my messages sent, or maybe they just aren't active at all. They should have received a notification from Ancestry if the message got through.