PDA

View Full Version : H11A and E1b1b1a2 but very low Balkan

erdo
06-02-2017, 08:03 AM
From what I understand both of these originated in Europe but when I look at my composition I'm very low European and mostly Middle-Eastern (80%). How can the haplogroups be European and composition of DNA not be European? By the way I'm Turkish. :)

Kelmendasi
06-02-2017, 03:57 PM
From what I understand both of these originated in Europe but when I look at my composition I'm very low European and mostly Middle-Eastern (80%). How can the haplogroups be European and composition of DNA not be European? By the way I'm Turkish. :)
I don't know if you mean E1b1b1a2 as in E-V13 as the nomenclature for E-V13 in longer name has changed into E1b1b1a1a1a but if so your paternal ancestor could have originated around either the Balkans or the Levant so if he did originate around the Balkans then he probably was a Phyrgian or another Paleo-Balkanic ethnicity that invaded into Anatolia during antiquity or it could of came during the Ottoman period via Albanian or other Balkan people that migrated to Turkey. Or E-V13 arrived into Anatolia via the Neolithic migrations from the Levant. Your Mtdna is most commonly found among Northern and Western Europeans and it was part of the Mesolithic HG culture called "Narva" in Lithuania

Kelmendasi
06-02-2017, 03:58 PM
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml#V13_origins

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_H_mtDNA.shtml

erdo
06-03-2017, 07:39 AM
I don't know if you mean E1b1b1a2 as in E-V13 as the nomenclature for E-V13 in longer name has changed into E1b1b1a1a1a but if so your paternal ancestor could have originated around either the Balkans or the Levant so if he did originate around the Balkans then he probably was a Phyrgian or another Paleo-Balkanic ethnicity that invaded into Anatolia during antiquity or it could of came during the Ottoman period via Albanian or other Balkan people that migrated to Turkey. Or E-V13 arrived into Anatolia via the Neolithic migrations from the Levant. Your Mtdna is most commonly found among Northern and Western Europeans and it was part of the Mesolithic HG culture called "Narva" in Lithuania

Thanks, I didn't know it changed to E1b1b1a1a1a.

23and me still shows the old name.