PDA

View Full Version : Geno 2.0 NG regional ancestry algorithms updated: your results have probably changed

leo76
06-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Be sure to go in and re-check your Geno 2.0 NG+ regional ancestry results. They rolled out a new algorithm just yesterday, and this has resulted in some major changes to some people's "ethnicity" results.

I lost my Arabia admixture completely, my British Isles signal dropped significantly, and my Western/Central Europe and Scandinavian figures both shot way up.

kingjohn
06-06-2017, 07:51 PM
thans man ;)

in my case no component disappear just the % change a little bit
the west central europe arise in 6% and the south europe decreased in 7%
asia minor raise in 2%
jewish diaspora arise in 1%
central asia the same
north africa arise in 1%

hannah-lena
06-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Me and my father have no notifications until now... maybe they are still working on it. My mother does have a notification but nothing changed - still the same..

Dewsloth
06-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Mine hasn't changed at all, yet.

Still:
Asia Minor
33%
Southern Europe
29%
Great Britain and Ireland
14%
Jewish Diaspora
10%
Arabia
7%
Scandinavia
6%

Maximilian
06-06-2017, 08:41 PM
No changes, on none of my kits...

kingjohn
06-06-2017, 08:48 PM
they say which may in the message
so they are open for option of no change at all
maybe it can change for people here in few more days :\

regards
adam

p.s
maybe the west central european includes some southern- european reference inside of it
or i just shared southern markers with french and swiss people :\
i wonder because i don't score this component in any other test

wombatofthenorth
06-16-2017, 10:11 PM
Be sure to go in and re-check your Geno 2.0 NG+ regional ancestry results. They rolled out a new algorithm just yesterday, and this has resulted in some major changes to some people's "ethnicity" results.

I lost my Arabia admixture completely, my British Isles signal dropped significantly, and my Western/Central Europe and Scandinavian figures both shot way up.

Hmm is this for Helix version users only?? None of us (all non-Helix) had any change at all.

Have they abandoned non-Helix users?? What happened to the promised expanded number of regions? Why have they been given only to Helix testers despite the non-Helix NG testers clearly having been promised the update even on the ordering page?

sktibo
06-16-2017, 10:21 PM
Hmm is this for Helix version users only?? None of us (all non-Helix) had any change at all.

Have they abandoned non-Helix users?? What happened to the promised expanded number of regions? Why have they been given only to Helix testers despite the non-Helix NG testers clearly having been promised the update even on the ordering page?

I'm going to guess not only for Helix as the OP noted a change in British Isles and W&C Europe, Helix bunches those all into NW Europe I believe.

wombatofthenorth
06-17-2017, 03:50 AM
I'm going to guess not only for Helix as the OP noted a change in British Isles and W&C Europe, Helix bunches those all into NW Europe I believe.

Hmm are you sure? I thought Helix added more regions.
But hmm maybe he did use the old names though.

Anyway non-Helix people definitely have not been given the promised expanded regions.

jpb
06-17-2017, 05:38 AM
Helix just has NW Europe.