PDA

View Full Version : myheritage: differences in uploads vs. DNA sample kits?

sktibo
06-08-2017, 10:03 AM
On the myheritage thread one individual shared with me that the results he got from his uploaded DNA kits were quite different from the kit he actually sent in to myheritage with a DNA sample. I'm hoping more people who have results from paid tests with myheritage will compare those to their results from uploaded ancestry, ftdna, or 23 kits. If there is a significant difference for many people​, it would be very interesting to explore why that might be.

jortita
06-08-2017, 12:29 PM
sktibo, initially i though there was difference but that was not the case, as i realised that the comparable results are in 0.95 beta. That individual would need to go to the settings section of the paid test results and change the beta to 0.95 and then compare

Sikeliot
06-08-2017, 12:35 PM
My mothers 23andme kit and Ancestry kit have nearly identical results from MyHeritage for whatever it is worth. There were only subtle differences of a percentage point here or a few basis points there.

sktibo
06-08-2017, 06:29 PM
sktibo, initially i though there was difference but that was not the case, as i realised that the comparable results are in 0.95 beta. That individual would need to go to the settings section of the paid test results and change the beta to 0.95 and then compare

ah that might be it, thanks jortita

Ron from PA
06-10-2017, 02:58 AM

Interesting I did that, and all the tests are pretty close. The Ancestry download is closest to the sample I sent them. Will be interesting to see what I get when it's out of beta. 0.95 gets my main ancestry in fact inflates it. But gets none of my secondary ancestry which is likely 30-35%.

Claudio
06-30-2017, 11:01 PM
Interesting I did that, and all the tests are pretty close. The Ancestry download is closest to the sample I sent them. Will be interesting to see what I get when it's out of beta. 0.95 gets my main ancestry in fact inflates it. But gets none of my secondary ancestry which is likely 30-35%.

This is interesting.. I took an AncestryDNA test and then uploaded my data to both myheritage and FTDNA..
I just yesterday ordered both myheritage proper direct DNA swan/saliva tests to see if the ethnicity reports come back different?
Will post here if the do 👍
What exactly do you mean by out of beta. 0.95? Can I change the settings on my Autosomal upload results?
As the results did look dodgy?🤔

Ron from PA
07-01-2017, 03:32 AM
You could change them a few weeks ago. I think they all show as 0.95 beta now.

Claudio
07-02-2017, 08:10 PM
You could change them a few weeks ago. I think they all show as 0.95 beta now.
Where abouts do I need to go on my MyHeritage account to check?🤔

JerryS.
07-16-2017, 03:24 PM
I just got my beta MyHeritage results in based off of my Ancestry raw data.

MyHeritage leaned heavily on the UK as did Ancestry, but completely missed Western European, which Ancestry got right. both were light on the Italian though. My Italian comes from my father's mother's side. does that have an affect on the autosomal calculations? GEDmatch using the same raw data as the other two mentioned here seems to have a few calculators that have gotten my mixture right.