PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Discrepancy on Living DNA vs. 23andme

asbr
06-12-2017, 04:11 PM
I'm a bit baffled by the results I got, and I don't know what to think anymore.

Quick background: I'm Brazilian, and my heritage is complex. Different waves of immigrants came to Brazil, but in a nutshell I have two main lineages: (i) old lineages of Portuguese and Spaniards who came to Brazil since the 1500s, with some small mixtures of native americans, and potentially some other occasional European adventurer, and (ii) Italians and Portuguese great-grandparents who came in the late 1800s waves. The only thing I can add is that my Italian heritage is at three great-grandparents from Tuscany and Northern Italy (Lombardia and South Tyrol). However, there's plenty of evidence that my "Italian" family was more Northern European than actually Italian.

I wanted to test it all.

Rough paper heritage:
-37.5% Italian (three grand parents)
-12.5% Pure Portuguese (one grandparent)
-50% Portuguese & Spanish with potential mixture (the rest of the grandparents, with tons of Iberian surnames)

I tested all my living ascendants, two parents and three grandparents, on 23andme. After all the phasings, I got something pretty reasonable:
49.2% Iberian
12.6% Italian
12% Broadly Southern European
5% French & German
8.2% Native American
1.3% West African

I thought it was underwhelming because there were no real news in that.

But then I tested, myself only, at Living DNA - expecting better accuracy - and got:
58.2% French (WUT!!!!)
9.5% South Italy (not expected but plausible)
8.2% Tuscany (bingo)
2.8% Iberian (OKAY, SERIOUSLY UNDERMINED)
2.2% Sardinian
3.4% England and Wales
6.3% Mesoamerica (Native American)
1.7% Yorubaland (Africa)
1.6% North Asia

Fatherline: On both tests, my "Italian" origin Y-chromosome, R-U106, is not broadly found in Italy, and rather is found in the UK and the Netherlands. Bingo on getting some Northern Europe traces.

However, then I don't understand it anymore. What does this mean, 58.2% French??? I don't know a single lineage coming from France, and that's a STRONG statement. Have I surprisingly inherited gene combinations that are more Frenchy? Or is my Iberian heritage more Frenchy? Or is the test plain bollocks?

One thing I can conclude is that it makes no sense not to give me a huge Iberian allocation. I have so many registries from people coming from Portugal and Spain in my family tree, which has pretty much all the Iberian surnames you can think of.

Lastly, I think it's funny because I'm about to move from London to Paris. I think I can pass, looks wise, as French.

JGG
06-12-2017, 04:38 PM
I'll be interested to see what my livingdna results will show. I have tested with Ancestry dna and my results are somewhat similar to your 23andme....47 iberian, 18% italian, 14% Balkan, 8%north African 5% west europe. Traces... 2 % wes africa, 1% native american. I'll post my livingdna results when i get them in mid august, to compare.

ArmandoR1b
06-12-2017, 05:29 PM
So 23andme is still the best calculator for Iberians and Latin Americans. Spaniards normally get 60-80% Iberian at 23andme Full Italians are rarely 100% Italian in any calculator so not getting 37.5% Italian at 23andme isn't surprising.

FionnSneachta
06-12-2017, 06:01 PM
58.2% French (WUT!!!!)
9.5% South Italy (not expected but plausible)
8.2% Tuscany (bingo)
2.8% Iberian (OKAY, SERIOUSLY UNDERMINED)
2.2% Sardinian
3.4% England and Wales
6.3% Mesoamerica (Native American)
1.7% Yorubaland (Africa)
1.6% North Asia

Fatherline: On both tests, my "Italian" origin Y-chromosome, R-U106, is not broadly found in Italy, and rather is found in the UK and the Netherlands. Bingo on getting some Northern Europe traces.

However, then I don't understand it anymore. What does this mean, 58.2% French??? I don't know a single lineage coming from France, and that's a STRONG statement. Have I surprisingly inherited gene combinations that are more Frenchy? Or is my Iberian heritage more Frenchy? Or is the test plain bollocks?

One thing I can conclude is that it makes no sense not to give me a huge Iberian allocation. I have so many registries from people coming from Portugal and Spain in my family tree, which has pretty much all the Iberian surnames you can think of.

Lastly, I think it's funny because I'm about to move from London to Paris. I think I can pass, looks wise, as French.

You could try uploading your results from 23andme to MyHeritage for free and FTDNA for $19 just for comparison. More than likely 23andme have more accurate results. Living DNA does have a British focus so I'm not sure how accurate their other regions are. Also just to bear in mind that France is beside Spain so there could be some similar DNA between the two countries and they wrongly designated the DNA as being French in origin.

ArmandoR1b
06-12-2017, 06:38 PM
More than likely 23andme have more accurate results.
23andme more often matches the documented ancestry for Iberians and Latin Americans when it comes to Iberian and French.

Also just to bear in mind that France is beside Spain so there could be some similar DNA between the two countries and they wrongly designated the DNA as being French in origin.
Spaniards and Latin Americans almost never get more than 5% French and German at 23andme and the French almost never get more than 10% Iberian. We want calculators that are as accurate as possible. That means that for now, LivingDNA is not good enough for ancestry outside of the British Isles.

ollie444
06-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Doesn't France overlap with Spain on the Living DNA results map? Could you post a screenshot please?

asbr
06-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Perhaps I'm not allowed to post links............

If you want to see it, you need to remove spaces in the below

i68 . tinypic . com/ 308fvdl . png

i64 . tinypic . com/ b4eybn . png

i64 . tinypic . com/ 15mxlwz . png

i65 . tinypic . com/ 2edph6u . png

ArmandoR1b
06-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Perhaps I'm not allowed to post links............

If you want to see it, you need to remove spaces in the below

i68 . tinypic . com/ 308fvdl . png

i64 . tinypic . com/ b4eybn . png

i64 . tinypic . com/ 15mxlwz . png

i65 . tinypic . com/ 2edph6u . png

So that other people don't have to remove spaces I am reposting links to your pics

http://oi68.tinypic.com/308fvdl.jpg
http://oi64.tinypic.com/b4eybn.jpg
http://oi64.tinypic.com/15mxlwz.jpg
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2edph6u.jpg

asbr
06-12-2017, 08:29 PM
This thing bugs me a lot cause it was way too much French weighting, there must be an explanation. I like the "500 years ago map", it got two regions spot on, like North of Portugal and Tuscany. And it adds wild places like, Ireland, Scotland, Poland, Ukraine, and several spots in FRANCE.

These are my hypotheses, and the answer may be a combination of those:
(i) Living DNA Iberian sampling is really poor - Would be great to test it with other Iberian predominant people to see if it checks; it could be it, but sounds too simplistic to me
(ii) 23andMe French sampling is poor - I don't know, but I've read many complaints about the French/German heritage, and I would think I would have more than just 5%
(iii) French and Iberian are very closely related DNA wise - I'm not sure about this, sounds like a stretch, although in the border with Northern Spain I've seen how a lot of people spoke Spanish with me, so the cultural exchange is possibly related with genetic exchange as well
(iv) 10 generations ago, I had more French ascendants than I thought, and 23andme is looking at a different point in time
(v) I have inherited more French-looking genetics? - Sounds really weird when I say it, but according to the website this is possible, as you don't inherit exact percentages from distant ancestors

I think Number I is pretty plausible, meaning Living DNA has a long way to improve the test. As I said, I really wanted to benchmark this with other Iberians. My heritage should be a good cross section of the whole region, in my opinion. But that's concerning that they are theoretically SO WRONG.

asbr
06-12-2017, 09:10 PM
Fwiw, this is my DNA.Land breakdown, for comparison:

Mediterranean Islander 33%
Southwestern European 18%
Sardinian 8%
Northwest European 19%
Finnish 11% (?)
Ambiguous 1.2%
Native American 7.9%
Amazonian 1.2%
African 1.8%
Ambiguous 1.8%

Didn't help it either...

asbr
06-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Couldn't hold it, so I bought the FTDNA assessment.... And it doesn't help either...

European 77%
-Iberia 50%
-East Europe 18% (?)
-British Isles 7%
-Southeast Europe 2%
Jewish Diaspora 9% (???)
-Sephardic 6%
-Ashkenazi 3%
New World 7%

Now I'm Jewish 9% too... And ZERO French...

At least the 50% Iberian got consistent between 23andme and FTDNA. I got very little Italian though... And a lot of East Europe. And they removed all my 1-2% African.

Am I too mixed for these tests? I guess so.

ArmandoR1b
06-13-2017, 06:47 PM
I still see 23andme as the best test. The 49.2% Iberian 12.6% Italian and 12% Broadly Southern European is the closest yet to your Iberian and Italian ancestry especially when you consider what full Iberians get and the fact that you have some Native American.

asbr
06-14-2017, 02:37 PM
I just finally got updated to The New 23andMe, it slightly changed some percentages.

Fwiw, I'm showing the 23andme results before and after phasing with parents and grandparents:
before / after (New 23andme)
28.8% / 50.1% Iberian
6.3% / 13.2% Italian
32.1% / 11.4% Broadly Southern European
4.7% / 5.1% French & German
2.5% / 0.3% British & Irish
5.4% / 3.9% Broadly Northwestern European

So, at first they were pretty uncertain, but eventually made up their minds.

This is the composition of my grandfather who's the son of two Italians:
36.8% Italian
9.8% Balkan
1.1% Iberian
0.6% Sardinian
12.1% Broadly Southern European
14.1% French & German
3.6% British & Irish
12.4% Broadly Northwestern European
1.1% Eastern European
8.5% Broadly European

I love the ancestry timeline. It got some stuff pretty accurate.
Earliest ancestor is Italian, from 1870 to 1930, matching all my documented Italian ancestry. Iberian between 1840 to 1900, matching my Iberian migrations. French & German in 1870 to 1780, and matches a distant German ancestor. It's also funny that my Native American is so far back, even though I have around 8-9% native american, and that tells me a lot about Brazilian population genetics.

Not allowed to post links, so patch it up:
i64 . tinypic . com / 2z553df . png

asbr
06-21-2017, 08:40 PM
Got the updated results for Living DNA's Complete and Cautious DNA mapping.

Cautious
Northwestern Europe 61.6%
South Italy 17.7%
Iberian Peninsula 5.1%
Europe unassigned 3.7%
Mesoamerica 6.3%
Yorubaland 1.7%
North China 1.6%
World unassigned 2.2%

Complete
France 58.2%
South Italy 9.5%
Tuscany 8.2%
Iberian Peninsula 2.8%
Sardinia 2.2%
West Balkans 2.6%
Northeast Europe 1.1%
England & Wales 3.4%
Mesoamerica 6.3%
Asia Pashtun 1.6%
Africa Yorubaland 1.7%
Asia North China 1.6%

The results still really intrigue me. 23andme is more accurate in tracking with the paper trail, but I wonder if there is some truth to Living DNA's methodology still.

sktibo
06-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Got the updated results for Living DNA's Complete and Cautious DNA mapping.

Cautious
Northwestern Europe 61.6%
South Italy 17.7%
Iberian Peninsula 5.1%
Europe unassigned 3.7%
Mesoamerica 6.3%
Yorubaland 1.7%
North China 1.6%
World unassigned 2.2%

Complete
France 58.2%
South Italy 9.5%
Tuscany 8.2%
Iberian Peninsula 2.8%
Sardinia 2.2%
West Balkans 2.6%
Northeast Europe 1.1%
England & Wales 3.4%
Mesoamerica 6.3%
Asia Pashtun 1.6%
Africa Yorubaland 1.7%
Asia North China 1.6%

The results still really intrigue me. 23andme is more accurate in tracking with the paper trail, but I wonder if there is some truth to Living DNA's methodology still.

FWIW as a person with actual French ancestry I get 0% in France, and I believe Living DNA includes a disclaimer in their France category write up stating it can be easily confused for Iberian or English. Because I don't have any French assignment on living DNA I can't actually access this and quote it directly. I suspect their sampling is incredibly low, we know that for Ireland it is a reference population of 7.. wouldn't be surprised if Iberia and France were minimal too.

asbr
06-21-2017, 09:55 PM
SOLVED! Damn, that's really interesting!!!! I didn't notice there was a disclaimer! Thank you! That's it below, it explains so much!!

+++++

Technical Note

The DNA of people from France in our reference dataset is intermediate between Northern and Southern European DNA, with few genetic regions or mutations that are unique to French people.

If you have French ancestry inferred that you didn’t expect: We have observed that mixtures of British and Italian ancestry can sometimes be partly mistaken for French. Other mixtures such as of Germanic and Spanish ancestry involving countries neighbouring France may behave similarly. These issues are because it is difficult to tell apart having mixed ancestry recently, compared to having French ancestry causing sharing of DNA with people from similar regions, a little further in the past. French ancestry is also similar to British ancestry for people who have ancestry from all over the UK.

If you have French ancestry but it was not inferred as strongly as you expected: French ancestry will only be perfectly recovered if you resemble the French individuals in our panel, from the North of the country. Ancestry from other regions of France will use some of the neighbouring populations. South East England is the most common substitute from the UK.

+++++

That was actually my theory!!!

Since I have weird a mix, on my 88% European ancestry, of North Italy, Germany-ish (German adventurers in Brazil + a recent Tyrolese Austrian ancestor) and Iberia, they would somehow allocate the hell out of my DNA (58.2%!) to French people who happen to be in the middle, and probably be to some extent mixed in a similar way. And that's maybe the problem with 23andme who's not allocating my fair share of Northern European DNA - I'm only 5% French German and that doesn't make any sense.

"These issues are because it is difficult to tell apart having mixed ancestry recently", such as from neighboring countries, "compared to having French ancestry causing sharing of DNA with people from similar regions, a little further in the past."

Which tells me, that, for these guys, in a weird way, my DNA make up sort of resembles French, because I have a strong "intermediate between Northern and Southern European DNA". This is why I started this DNA stuff, cause I knew it wasn't as simple as Italian + Iberian + some Native American, since my Italian ancestry was not supposed to be very Italian, and I had occasional Northern European stints here and there.

Tomenable
06-21-2017, 10:05 PM
How about trying GEDmatch, including K36:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?10347-(Unofficial)-oracle-for-Eurogenes-K36-256-reference-populations

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?10813-Tool-for-K36-your-similarities-rates-on-maps

Roaring
06-21-2017, 10:08 PM
This is the composition of my grandfather who's the son of two Italians:
36.8% Italian
9.8% Balkan
1.1% Iberian
0.6% Sardinian
12.1% Broadly Southern European
14.1% French & German
3.6% British & Irish
12.4% Broadly Northwestern European
1.1% Eastern European
8.5% Broadly European

I love the ancestry timeline. It got some stuff pretty accurate.
Earliest ancestor is Italian, from 1870 to 1930, matching all my documented Italian ancestry. Iberian between 1840 to 1900, matching my Iberian migrations. French & German in 1870 to 1780, and matches a distant German ancestor. It's also funny that my Native American is so far back, even though I have around 8-9% native american, and that tells me a lot about Brazilian population genetics.

Not allowed to post links, so patch it up:
i64 . tinypic . com / 2z553df . png

His ancestry comes from Northern provinces of Italy?

asbr
06-21-2017, 10:13 PM
His ancestry comes from Northern provinces of Italy?

Yep, he's half Tyrolean (Lavarone) and half Tuscan (Pisa)

sktibo
06-21-2017, 10:20 PM
SOLVED! Damn, that's really interesting!!!! I didn't notice there was a disclaimer! Thank you! That's it below, it explains so much!!

+++++

Technical Note

The DNA of people from France in our reference dataset is intermediate between Northern and Southern European DNA, with few genetic regions or mutations that are unique to French people.

If you have French ancestry inferred that you didn’t expect: We have observed that mixtures of British and Italian ancestry can sometimes be partly mistaken for French. Other mixtures such as of Germanic and Spanish ancestry involving countries neighbouring France may behave similarly. These issues are because it is difficult to tell apart having mixed ancestry recently, compared to having French ancestry causing sharing of DNA with people from similar regions, a little further in the past. French ancestry is also similar to British ancestry for people who have ancestry from all over the UK.

If you have French ancestry but it was not inferred as strongly as you expected: French ancestry will only be perfectly recovered if you resemble the French individuals in our panel, from the North of the country. Ancestry from other regions of France will use some of the neighbouring populations. South East England is the most common substitute from the UK.

+++++

That was actually my theory!!!

Since I have weird a mix, on my 88% European ancestry, of North Italy, Germany-ish (German adventurers in Brazil + a recent Tyrolese Austrian ancestor) and Iberia, they would somehow allocate the hell out of my DNA (58.2%!) to French people who happen to be in the middle, and probably be to some extent mixed in a similar way. And that's maybe the problem with 23andme who's not allocating my fair share of Northern European DNA - I'm only 5% French German and that doesn't make any sense.

"These issues are because it is difficult to tell apart having mixed ancestry recently", such as from neighboring countries, "compared to having French ancestry causing sharing of DNA with people from similar regions, a little further in the past."

Which tells me, that, for these guys, in a weird way, my DNA make up sort of resembles French, because I have a strong "intermediate between Northern and Southern European DNA". This is why I started this DNA stuff, cause I knew it wasn't as simple as Italian + Iberian + some Native American, since my Italian ancestry was not supposed to be very Italian, and I had occasional Northern European stints here and there.

happy to have helped!

asbr
06-21-2017, 10:20 PM
I don't know if I did it right, but I just went on Gedmatch and ran the K36, pretty interesting!

Population
Amerindian 7.77
Armenian 1.91
Basque 3.01
Central_Euro 2.33
East_Balkan 3.14
East_Central_Euro 0.69
East_Med 2.94
Eastern_Euro 2.78
Fennoscandian 3.51
French 7.60
Iberian 19.15
Indo-Chinese 0.83
Italian 17.29
North_African 1.64
North_Atlantic 4.58
North_Caucasian 2.57
North_Sea 8.05
Northeast_African 1.99
South_Central_Asian 1.09
Volga-Ural 1.33
West_African 1.00
West_Med 4.79

asbr
06-21-2017, 10:26 PM
I don't know if I did it right, but I just went on Gedmatch and ran the K36, pretty interesting!

Population
Amerindian 7.77
Armenian 1.91
Basque 3.01
Central_Euro 2.33
East_Balkan 3.14
East_Central_Euro 0.69
East_Med 2.94
Eastern_Euro 2.78
Fennoscandian 3.51
French 7.60
Iberian 19.15
Indo-Chinese 0.83
Italian 17.29
North_African 1.64
North_Atlantic 4.58
North_Caucasian 2.57
North_Sea 8.05
Northeast_African 1.99
South_Central_Asian 1.09
Volga-Ural 1.33
West_African 1.00
West_Med 4.79

Damn, similarity with Swiss was the highest 79%! Mid France and North Italy 78%.

Tomenable
06-21-2017, 10:53 PM
Asbr, this is your K36 nMonte (with mixed Mestizo / Latino populations included, so they are showing up - if you want I can remove Latinos from comparison, and leave just pure Amerindians):

asbr

Population percent

Swiss_Italian 48.60
Spain_Cantabria 17.05
Spain_Baleares 5.85
South_Amerind 4.85
IT_Marche 4.70
Peru_Cholo 3.20
Spain_La-Rioja 2.55
Somali 2.25
Chechen 1.70
Finnish_SW 1.65
Mari 1.45
FR_Bretagne 1.15
French_Basque 0.85
Mandenka_West_Africa 0.70
Vietnam 0.65
Dominicana 0.60
Tabassaran 0.55
Chachapoya 0.40
Brahui_PAK 0.35
Burusho_PAK 0.35
Morocco 0.25
IT_Aosta 0.10
France_Central 0.10
Amerind_COL 0.10

And your closest single populations (Brazil is not included in references):

[1] "1. CLOSEST SINGLE ITEM DISTANCES"
White_Mexicans IT_Aosta Puerto_Rico IT_Piedmont IT_North
10.81136 12.01723 12.13490 12.22386 12.29312
Spain_Baleares Swiss_Italian France_Central
12.39155 12.45856 12.62227

This shows that European side is a mix of North Italian and Iberian indeed!

========================

And your [1] "3. RESTRICTED nMONTE":

asbr

Population percent

Swiss_Italian 47.75
Spain_Cantabria 17.00
IT_Marche 7.00
Peru_Cholo 5.65
Spain_La-Rioja 4.80
South_Amerind 3.70
Spain_Baleares 3.60
Somali 2.50
Chechen 2.45
Mari 2.00
Finnish_SW 1.80
FR_Bretagne 1.75

asbr
06-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Tomenable, thanks a lot! By the way your tool is really cool, it makes a lot of sense. How can I take out Latinos (cause that's noise)?

asbr
06-21-2017, 11:54 PM
That's nailing it in the head. It should give me Austria Tyrol, I'm trying to run the gaussian method here, and it keeps constantly adding and subtracting Austria from it.

asbr
06-21-2017, 11:56 PM
Sorry for the spam, but that tool is really cool, and accurate, damn. You should sell it, it's like really sorting out my ancestry way better than 23andme and Living DNA together.

asbr
06-22-2017, 12:05 AM
I've run the spreadsheet, it says pretty reasonable stuff:

First 20 Populations distance %
1 IT_Veneto 265.90 6.82
2 Austria_Tyrol 296.32 6.12
3 IT_Friuli 327.96 5.53
4 Swiss_German 376.30 4.82
5 Albania_Montenegro 547.62 3.31
6 South_Germany 570.79 3.18
7 BLG_Turk 574.80 3.16
8 German_West 651.79 2.78
9 Macedonia_FYROM 665.03 2.73
10 Kosovo 704.68 2.58
11 IT_Marche 745.58 2.43
12 GR_Istanbul 778.41 2.33
13 Greek_Macedonia 825.97 2.20
14 Albania_North 841.98 2.16
15 Albania_FYROM 854.42 2.12
16 Romania_NW 889.22 2.04
17 IT_Tuscany 958.38 1.89
18 IT_North 1003.74 1.81
19 GR_Thrace 1049.19 1.73
20 IT_Piedmont 1064.06 1.71

I have documented ancestry from Veneto, Tyrol and Friuli (Trieste)! The rest is a bit more challenging, but all very possible.

This is the regional sharing adding up to 100%:
Regional sharing %
1 North-Italy 27.43
2 SW German & Swiss & Tyrol 25.17
3 East-Balkan 19.37
4 Albanians 17.15
5 Greece continental 10.88

Tomenable
06-22-2017, 11:34 AM
How can I take out Latinos (cause that's noise)?

I added files with no Latinos:

Admix-4: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hv8w9w

nMonte: https://www.sendspace.com/file/j5uc4u

To run it without Latinos use:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?10347-(Unofficial)-oracle-for-Eurogenes-K36-256-reference-populations&p=250442&viewfull=1#post250442

source('nMonte2.R')
getMonte('k36_no-latinos.csv', 'asbr.csv')

And here is your asbr.csv file:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6p81wp

How to use nMonte:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?6452-How-to-Use-nMonte

How to use Admix-4:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4879-Tutorial-%96-How-to-use-calculator-files-and-oracle-data-sheets

And Notepad++ is a very good free program for csv and txt files.

Tomenable
06-22-2017, 11:48 AM
By the way, you can use Admix-4 and nMonte with any calculator, not just K36. You can use it even with calculators which are not on GEDmatch, but in such case you need to have calculator files on your computer. For example here you can download K36 files (but in case of this calculator you don't need them, because K36 is available on GEDmatch, so you can check your admixtures there):

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AqtZhF2ljrwt6-0&cid=5223CC821FDFEB45&id=5223CC821FDFEB45%21141&parId=root&action=locate

Huijbregts
06-22-2017, 03:23 PM

The problem can be visualized with a cluster plot.
The biggest cluster is the European cluster (blue quadrangle). Above it is smaller grey triangle of Southern Europeans; below the Europeans is a tight green Steppe cluster.
The French are somewhere in the European cluster. However, if you mix Scandinavians, which are high on Steppe, with South Europeans, you also end up on the location of the European cluster, especially if also add some WHG.
This problem is not typical for French DNA, but for all central Europeans. Unless you have sufficient rare markers for the specific populations.

The data are from Eurogenes Global 10, from which I have dropped the African and Asian populations which I thought to be less relevant. The clustering has been by the R library dbscan. The scatter plot is of dimensions 4 and 6, which guarantees a clear separation between European populations.
Between Steppe and European a small cluster North_Siberians can be found. This is specific for dimension 4. On other dimensions this cluster is located at greater distances.

Larth
07-21-2017, 03:13 AM
That's nailing it in the head. It should give me Austria Tyrol, I'm trying to run the gaussian method here, and it keeps constantly adding and subtracting Austria from it.

Lavarone is Trentino, not Tyrol nor Austrian Tyrol.

Larth
07-21-2017, 03:16 AM
Tomenable, thanks a lot! By the way your tool is really cool, it makes a lot of sense. How can I take out Latinos (cause that's noise)?

Because of your 7.77% of Amerindian I think, never seen a Portuguese, Spanish or Italian with Amerindian on K36.

Population
Amerindian 7.77

vettor
07-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Lavarone is Trentino, not Tyrol nor Austrian Tyrol.

you do know that large towns like Bolzano and Merano are towns in south Tyrol .........South-Tyrol is in Italy and Trento is the capital

He might be from trentino province , but there are Italian tyrolese people

BTW...North-tyrol and East-tyrol are in Austria

I would actually like to see some Tyrol dna comprising from these tyrolese lands of North, south and East..............my guess is that they will be very similar

Galdo
07-22-2017, 09:30 PM
I've also had this problem with my own Living DNA results! They gave me 54% French even though I have no known French ancestry. My fathers family are all Galician, and my mothers are Welsh, North East England, Little Scottish and Irish. So I haven't got a clue what went wrong :D
I think for some reason my Galician was put into French... and some of my Welsh also. Uncertain why. Living DNA did mention that parents of different genetic make-up can give a different looking result... for example they said someone with Italian DNA mixed with British makes the DNA 'Look' French etc.