PDA

View Full Version : Very surpsing DNA result for an Asian

annalubov
06-16-2017, 10:25 PM
Hello all,
I have discovered that I carry British Isles and Finnish DNA, also found out that I have many 5th/6th cousins (over 600 matches), and with others I share common ancestor and X DNA match, that are from those regions.

Here comes the surprising part, I always thought I was fully Asian, born and raised in Central Asia (Kazakhstan), never knew anyone in family having relatives that are from any European countries. How is it possible, honestyle that is a big surprise!!!!

Also, on FTDNA it came up 16% Hunter Gatherer, 16% Farmer, 17% Metal Age Invader and exactly 50% non European. That was surprising as well.

Osiris
06-16-2017, 10:47 PM
Maybe by studying the history of the region your ancestors came from you might find sort of clue. Perhaps between 1600 and 1800?

johnthe
12-30-2018, 01:33 PM
Wow this was all on FTDNA? Those matches are probably false because it's all but impossible for that to happen unless you have a close European ancestor. Finnish dna would match you however since finns have a large amount of northern Asian (ie Siberian) ancestry ( around 11 percent I believe on avg)

szahel
12-30-2018, 02:52 PM
Maybe they were Volga Germans, that's not unusual in Kazakhstan.

SteppeBrother
01-17-2020, 03:30 PM
Hi, I have all 4 grandparents from the North West of Punjab region, so even further East (South East Asia) and also have Finnish and British DNA, along with Russian. This could be from the indo-european migration thousands of years ago. My ancestors most likely came from Sredny Stog culture and migrations from the Ukraine region there before they settled in Asia. Some likely went westwards (corded ware culture etc) which could be why I get British Celtic DNA as well as some Nordic as we likely came from a common source from the Sredny Stog and Kurgan migrations. I also have West and Central Asian DNA, so perhaps some of what we have is from the Kurgan hypothesis.
From the Ancient Origins report, FTDNA has me at 17% non-European, the rest as European. This is common among certain groups of North West India, such as the Jats and Tarkhans for instance.