PDA

View Full Version : Ability to Transfer Raw Data Soon?

DillonResearcher
06-24-2017, 09:02 PM
I noticed on the LivingDNA web page about their German project (https://www.livingdna.com/en/german-dna-research-project) that they are accepting raw data transfers from other companies for participants in the German project which seems to have a similar criteria to the POBI project.

Given that this seems to indicate that LivingDNA have the ability to use raw data from other companies are we getting closer to this being rolled out for everyone else?

ollie444
06-24-2017, 09:07 PM
I noticed on the LivingDNA web page about their German project (https://www.livingdna.com/en/german-dna-research-project) that they are accepting raw data transfers from other companies for participants in the German project which seems to have a similar criteria to the POBI project.

Given that this seems to indicate that LivingDNA have the ability to use raw data from other companies are we getting closer to this being rolled out for everyone else?

They did this for the Irish project too, so not necessarily.

DillonResearcher
06-24-2017, 09:14 PM
They did this for the Irish project too, so not necessarily.

I'll keep my fingers crossed! I'm not expecting a big reduction in cost at all, I'd imagine that somewhere in the region of 75 would be perfectly reasonable. I'd just quite like to save the hassle of doing another swab and waiting for the sample to be tested. I'm particularly keen to see how they break down my Irish ancestry in the future.

DillonResearcher
06-26-2017, 01:57 PM
LivingDNA's reply to me this morning: "this will be ready within the next couple of months - we're just working on getting the pipeline ready."

sktibo
06-26-2017, 03:30 PM
LivingDNA's reply to me this morning: "this will be ready within the next couple of months - we're just working on getting the pipeline ready."

that would be absolutely huge for me if i could xfer relative kits to see how living DNA assigns them, thanks for asking

ollie444
06-26-2017, 04:05 PM
that would be absolutely huge for me if i could xfer relative kits to see how living DNA assigns them, thanks for asking

If it's really cheap. I might even transfer some of my own kits from other companies!

Solothurn
06-26-2017, 05:03 PM
I heard on one of the blogs the UK resolution won't be anywhere near as good. It may just say UK and Ireland :(

DillonResearcher
06-26-2017, 06:16 PM
I heard on one of the blogs the UK resolution won't be anywhere near as good. It may just say UK and Ireland :(

That would be very disappointing if that is true. I wonder if that would be due to their admixture calculator being dependant on autosomal SNPs that only they test for or to encourage people to buy a full test through them. If it is just to get people to buy the full blown LivingDNA test then that would be rather frustrating as I would be willing to pay up to around 75 for just the admixture analysis.