PDA

View Full Version : Results Today

Kathlingram
06-26-2017, 05:38 PM
I think I may have had a prior sign in here but I could not remember it so signed in again

Which gadget do I click to share a jpeg?

Anyway I do realize this is probably not in Genealogical time yet but.. Since I have 68% Ireland 17% GB from AncestryDNA and 87.8 % combined from 23andme I was shocked at 2.9 % Ireland and maybe 20% Southern Scottish and North Ireland..
I am a surname Admin for several groups at FTDNA and have been around since 2006.. Beta tester at 23andme etc..

My question I guess is #1 are the new Ireland results loaded into their computer?
Since I have 3-4th cousins still living in 3 main areas in Ireland why do I look so heavily English?

54% East Anglia
20.8% Aberdeen related
10.9% Devon related
6.9% North Wales related
7% GB Ireland unassigned

Thanks much Kathleen Carrow Ingram

FionnSneachta
06-26-2017, 06:07 PM
I think I may have had a prior sign in here but I could not remember it so signed in again

Anyway I do realize this is probably not in Genealogical time yet but.. Since I have 68% Ireland 17% GB from AncestryDNA and 87.8 % combined from 23andme I was shocked at 2.9 % Ireland and maybe 20% Southern Scottish and North Ireland..
I am a surname Admin for several groups at FTDNA and have been around since 2006.. Beta tester at 23andme etc..

My question I guess is #1 are the new Ireland results loaded into their computer?
Since I have 3-4th cousins still living in 3 main areas in Ireland why do I look so heavily English?

54% East Anglia
20.8% Aberdeen related
10.9% Devon related
6.9% North Wales related
7% GB Ireland unassigned

I wouldn't worry about the results at all. I'm pretty much 100% Irish (born and raised) and only have 19.6% Ireland. The Irish samples haven't been taken into account yet to cause a change in the Irish percentage. Hopefully it will be implemented soon and you should see an increase then.

ollie444
06-26-2017, 06:26 PM

54% East Anglia
20.8% Aberdeen related
10.9% Devon related
6.9% North Wales related
7% GB Ireland unassigned

Are these the cautious mode results?

Kathlingram
06-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Are these the cautious mode results?

Yes they are..

ollie444
06-26-2017, 07:26 PM
Yes they are..

Would you mind sharing your complete mode results?

Kathlingram
06-26-2017, 07:39 PM
Would you mind sharing your complete mode results?

I am not sure how to do that or to Share a phot or screenshot of them..

ollie444
06-26-2017, 07:42 PM
I am not sure how to do that or to Share a phot or screenshot of them..

Don't worry. I was just wondering what percentages you had assigned to East Anglia and to Aberdeenshire?

Kathlingram
06-26-2017, 07:46 PM
Don't worry. I was just wondering what percentages you had assigned to East Anglia and to Aberdeenshire?

This?
54% East Anglia
20.8% Aberdeen related
10.9% Devon related
6.9% North Wales related
7% GB Ireland unassigned

ollie444
06-26-2017, 07:49 PM
This?
54% East Anglia
20.8% Aberdeen related
10.9% Devon related
6.9% North Wales related
7% GB Ireland unassigned

Yes, thank you, but did you get any ancestry assigned to East Anglia or Aberdeenshire in the complete mode?

Kathlingram
06-26-2017, 07:55 PM
Yes, thank you, but did you get any ancestry assigned to East Anglia or Aberdeenshire in the complete mode?

East Anglia was 14.2 %
Aberdeenshire was 2.9%

Kathlingram
06-27-2017, 04:03 PM
I am getting used to it all and can agree with some of the early ancestry.. still looking forward to when the Irish is loaded into teh computer or if it is when it is disseminated..

sktibo
06-28-2017, 02:49 AM
Could you post your results in Complete mode please

Kathlingram
06-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Could you post your results in Complete mode please

Sure.. Can you tell me why Complete Mode is significant? I am trying to learn..
By the Way.. My Ireland I think has changed since yesterday..Did they recompute it? I did not have Orkney either?

Great Britain and Ireland 100%
North Wales 21.9%
Ireland 16.2%
Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland 9.1%
Central England 6.3%
Southeast England 6.3 %
South Yorkshire 6.1%
Northwest Scotland 5.5%
South Wales Border 4.3%
South England 3.8%
Northumbria 3.4%
North Yorkshire 2.9%
South Central England 2.6%
Cornwall 2.4%
South Wales 2.1%
Northwest England 1.9%
Lincolnshire 1.7%
Orkney 1.7%
Devon 1.6%

So also what do you think about this change? I sumbitted a query to them and gave my %.. are they adjusting mine?
Hmmmm
Kathleen

Kathlingram
06-28-2017, 01:21 PM
By the Way.. My Ireland I think has changed since yesterday..Did they recompute it? I did not have Orkney either?

North Wales 21.9%
Ireland 16.2%
Central England 6.3%
Southeast England 6.3 %
South Yorkshire 6.1%
Northwest Scotland 5.5%
South Wales Border 4.3%
South England 3.8%
Northumbria 3.4%
North Yorkshire 2.9%
Cornwall 2.4%
South Wales 2.1%
Northwest England 1.9%
Lincolnshire 1.7%
Orkney 1.7%
Devon 1.6%

So also what do you think about this change? I submitted a query to them and gave my %.. are they adjusting mine?
Hmmmm
Kathleen

So for SURE My Irish has changed.. I am looking now.. I did query them and gave my other statistics and mentioned I was an early adopter at 23andme and had 5 groups at FTDNA ISOGG etc.. puzzling;)

ollie444
06-28-2017, 02:30 PM

North Wales 21.9%
Ireland 16.2%
Central England 6.3%
Southeast England 6.3 %
South Yorkshire 6.1%
Northwest Scotland 5.5%
South Wales Border 4.3%
South England 3.8%
Northumbria 3.4%
North Yorkshire 2.9%
Cornwall 2.4%
South Wales 2.1%
Northwest England 1.9%
Lincolnshire 1.7%
Orkney 1.7%
Devon 1.6%

So also what do you think about this change? I sumbitted a query to them and gave my %.. are they adjusting mine?
Hmmmm
Kathleen

no east anglia or aberdeenshire now?

Kathlingram
06-28-2017, 03:01 PM
no east anglia or aberdeenshire now?

Ollie

No so what does that mean? Did they upgrade me with the Ireland results? It is now quite different.. I did put in 2 queries.. one was just a browser issue but on the second one I specifically asked them when the new results would be in..
I also told them my percentages at all the other companies and that I had several 3rd cousin matches from Donegal and tons of fourth cousin matches as well as Carlow..
So something has surely changed?
What do you think it is? I am cautiously optomistic
Kathleen

Kathlingram
06-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Ollie
I am sure I had no Orkney because I looked at that and wondered why..When I was a Beta Tester at 23andme in 2009 Doug McDonald had looked over my genome and definitely said there was "Orcadian"..
My Grandfather was born in the US but to a mother born in Donegal and a father from Limerick.. and my mitoDNA ancestor a 2nd Great was born in Kerry..
and one other Great grandfather who came as an adult from Carlow

Kathlingram
06-28-2017, 03:15 PM
Ollie and all

So RIGHT now the Help desk said this to me:"I have just looked at a little preview of your results and I can see that you are viewing your results in one of our brand new features called The Complete view.
In this feature we have attempted to assign all ancestry, allocating 'unassigned' percentages to regions to which they look most similar. There will be more uncertainty associated with these assignments.

Originally you were looking at what we call The Standard view. This is where we highlight the sources of your ancestry which are likely to be present, using our best-guess of the exact source. Ancestry that cannot be attributed to one of our reference populations is shown as being 'unassigned'."

But that cannot be so Ollie as I told you Aberdeenshire and East Anglia?:confused:

sktibo
06-28-2017, 04:40 PM

North Wales 21.9%
Ireland 16.2%
Central England 6.3%
Southeast England 6.3 %
South Yorkshire 6.1%
Northwest Scotland 5.5%
South Wales Border 4.3%
South England 3.8%
Northumbria 3.4%
North Yorkshire 2.9%
Cornwall 2.4%
South Wales 2.1%
Northwest England 1.9%
Lincolnshire 1.7%
Orkney 1.7%
Devon 1.6%

Hmmmm
Kathleen

Complete mode is when they take your unassigned percentages and try to assign them to what they are closest to.
What is your paper trail ancestry so we can compare?

ollie444
06-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Ollie and all

So RIGHT now the Help desk said this to me:"I have just looked at a little preview of your results and I can see that you are viewing your results in one of our brand new features called The Complete view.
In this feature we have attempted to assign all ancestry, allocating 'unassigned' percentages to regions to which they look most similar. There will be more uncertainty associated with these assignments.

Originally you were looking at what we call The Standard view. This is where we highlight the sources of your ancestry which are likely to be present, using our best-guess of the exact source. Ancestry that cannot be attributed to one of our reference populations is shown as being 'unassigned'."

But that cannot be so Ollie as I told you Aberdeenshire and East Anglia?:confused:

Everyone received changes to their results a couple of weeks ago (this was besides the cautious and complete modes). I guess they just took longer to update your results? What you had before wasn't necessarily completely accurate, but the results now should be better.

Kathlingram
06-28-2017, 04:58 PM
Complete mode is when they take your unassigned percentages and try to assign them to what they are closest to.
What is your paper trail ancestry so we can compare?

Well let me say this right now.. HELP got back to me with this:"Hello Kathleen
Thank you for getting in touch.
I have just been informed that we recently noticed that some of the information in our database had corrupted.We believe this has caused some regions to be assigned in error for a few of our customers.
We have now made the required updates and corrections in our database and have re-run your raw data through our pipeline to insure that your results are now as we would expect to be.
We apologise for the inconvenience."

So my paper trail is maybe or maybe not a Norway grandfather ( my father's putative father) His mother was paternally from an old Colonial US line which is where the Welsh comes in..Heavily heavily Wales but prior to 1710 ( Delaware and PA Welsh tracts) Grandmother's maternal line was 100% Ireland Carlow and Count Tyrone as adults

My mother's father was first generation US Born 100% ireland ( Donegal and Limerick) Limerick side was Norman who came in 1250s.. My mother's mother was Sweden c. 1800 German Palatinate 1740s and my mitoDNA 2nd great grandmother born in Kilgarven Kerry in 1840s and came to New Bedford Mass where she married the German whaler and her daughter married the Palatinate.

Kathlingram
06-28-2017, 05:00 PM
Everyone received changes to their results a couple of weeks ago (this was besides the cautious and complete modes). I guess they just took longer to update your results? What you had before wasn't necessarily completely accurate, but the results now should be better.

but my results just came in Monday when I posted.. apparently they revised them.. or I would have been even more confused

ollie444
06-28-2017, 05:00 PM
I have just been informed that we recently noticed that some of the information in our database had corrupted.We believe this has caused some regions to be assigned in error for a few of our customers.
We have now made the required updates and corrections in our database and have re-run your raw data through our pipeline to insure that your results are now as we would expect to be.

So my paper trail is maybe or maybe not a Norway grandfather ( my father's putative father) His mother was paternally from an old Colonial US line which is where the Welsh comes in..Heavily heavily Wales but prior to 1710 ( Delaware and PA Welsh tracts) Grandmother's maternal line was 100% Ireland Carlow and Count Tyrone as adults

My mother's father was first generation US Born 100% ireland ( Donegal and Limerick) Limerick side was Norman who came in 1250s.. My mother's mother was Sweden c. 1800 German Palatinate 1740s and my mitoDNA 2nd great grandmother born in Kilgarven Kerry in 1840s and came to New Bedford Mass where she married the German whaler and her daughter married the Palatinate.

Interesting, similar problem here: http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?11100-Living-DNA-is-a-scam/page9

ollie444
06-28-2017, 05:05 PM

So you should have a decent chunk of non-British, but you've been given 100% British Isles? Expect the Irish to increase eventually. Welsh looks good though.

Kathlingram
06-28-2017, 05:26 PM
So you should have a decent chunk of non-British, but you've been given 100% British Isles? Expect the Irish to increase eventually. Welsh looks good though.

Thanks Ollie.. I had seen what that "Scam" person posted but not what the outcome was.. his or hers came in Monday also..Guess that is it.. that is what they said happened..

I think in dribs and drabs I am up to 30% Irish.. My Tyrone folks are Sweeney Huey Moorhead all of whom seen to have come into Ireland at the Planation era..so they could be counted under Scottish.. Some of my Donegal folks ( McFadden McClafferty) went back and forth to Scotland also..

My Limerick Norman line were military men and sometimes married "away" my 2nd great grandmother was Cunningham also from Military family and Scots origin..

I am glad the mystery was solved..

Kathlingram
06-28-2017, 10:11 PM
My question now..and I posed it to my ISOGG friends as well as Living_DNA tech is this.. If Living DNA said:"some of the information in our database had corrupted.We believe this has caused some regions to be assigned in error for a few of our customers. We have now made the required updates and corrections in our database and have re-run your raw data through our pipeline to insure that your results are now as we would expect to be."

Does that mean that my complete genome has been corrected? I am not scientifically minded but have been working with DNA for 10+ years and have an advanced degree in Anthropology..
Because it shows me as 100% Britisfh Irish..but I have these elsewhere:":"Ireland 68%,Great Britain 17%,Scandinavia 8% Europe West 5% at AncestryDNA
and 23andme British & Irish 87.7%,French & German2.8%,Scandinavian1.4%,Broadly Northwestern European

Thoughts? Thanks..
Kathleen

FionnSneachta
06-28-2017, 10:41 PM
My question now..and I posed it to my ISOGG friends as well as Living_DNA tech is this.. If Living DNA said:"some of the information in our database had corrupted.We believe this has caused some regions to be assigned in error for a few of our customers. We have now made the required updates and corrections in our database and have re-run your raw data through our pipeline to insure that your results are now as we would expect to be."

Does that mean that my complete genome has been corrected? I am not scientifically minded but have been working with DNA for 10+ years and have an advanced degree in Anthropology..
Because it shows me as 100% Britisfh Irish..but I have these elsewhere:":"Ireland 68%,Great Britain 17%,Scandinavia 8% Europe West 5% at AncestryDNA
and 23andme British & Irish 87.7%,French & German2.8%,Scandinavian1.4%,Broadly Northwestern European

Thoughts? Thanks..
Kathleen

I'd say that your complete genome has been corrected. These are all quite small percentages that would be considered trace regions and this test may not have detected those regions. 8% Scandinavian is quite large but 23andme only detected it at 1.4% so it's possible that Living DNA just missed it. Those trace regions could be real or noise since they are so low. I'm inclined to believe that they probably are real but Living DNA's algorithm didn't pick it up.

Kathlingram
06-28-2017, 10:55 PM
I'd say that your complete genome has been corrected. These are all quite small percentages that would be considered trace regions and this test may not have detected those regions. 8% Scandinavian is quite large but 23andme only detected it at 1.4% so it's possible that Living DNA just missed it. Those trace regions could be real or noise since they are so low. I'm inclined to believe that they probably are real but Living DNA's algorithm didn't pick it up.

Thank you! That is helpful..

Kathlingram
06-29-2017, 08:58 PM
So here I am with another snag.. is this just particular to those whose data was erroneous on Monday? My downlaoded file will also not load on Gedmatch. It says : ERROR: File appears to be too small.
Make sure you are uploading the correct file.
Please check it and try again.
SIGH