PDA

View Full Version : Geno 2.0 Results

sktibo
06-28-2017, 08:36 PM
This was by far the quickest I have ever received DNA results. It didn't even take two months from the time I placed my order. It took less than 4 weeks for my results to finish from the start of processing.. I guess they don't have much of a backlog!

No Native American percentage! This is the first test I've taken that didn't assign me any. Note that my autosomal results only add up to 96%, and I did get 2% Siberia.
The Y and MtDNA are exactly the same as what Living DNA assigned me. Reference populations: Dutch and French, hey it could be worse. IIRC English people often get Dutch as their first result and I believe myself to autosomally resemble an English person. 23andme originally estimated my Neanderthal percentage to be over 3%, and the highest of my DNA matches. I'm shocked to see NG estimating it below the average.

Strangely, I like this test. No, my autosomal results are not accurate - however, I think I can understand how they assigned them. My ancestry from the "Celtic" regions of the British Isles is around about 30%, so that could be why I only got 34% British Isles, the English matched more closely with Western and Central Europe.
I'm please to see a couple of things: It didn't give me any Southern Europe or Scandinavian. This is in line with 23andme's analysis (note, 23andme did assign 0.5 South Europe). I'm happy I bought Geno 2.0, and thought it would be a lot crazier than it turned out to be. Still not fantastic of course!
I've transferred my results to FTDNA as Geno 2.0 tests around about 700,000 SNP's so I am hoping for a higher resolution GEDmatch kit out of this.

sktibo
06-28-2017, 08:41 PM
I have a fresh set of FTDNA results, which I prefer to my old set which I got by transferring 23andme:
These results have removed more of my Siberian trace region, so less of that is good. They also don't feature any Southern Europe admixture, which I think is more accurate. The W&C Europe percentage is even more through the roof than before, but I consider this set of results to be more accurate than my 23andme transfer.

Dewsloth
06-28-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm glad you got results that make sense! :)

In the aggregate, my family got some interesting readings...

Dad Mom Me
Middle Eastern 0% Middle Eastern 61% Middle Eastern 20%
Asia Minor
0% 31% 12%
East Middle
0% 12% 2%
North Africa
0% 0% 0%
West Middle East
< 2% 18% 6%
European 94% European 21% European 52%
British Isles
47% 0% 0%:suspicious:
East Europe
0% 0% 0%
Finland
0% 0% 0%
Scandinavia
0% 0% 6%:noidea:
Southeast Europe
13% 21% 22%
Iberia
0% 0% 0%
West and Central Europe
34% 0% 24%
Jewish Diaspora 4% Jewish Diaspora 18% Jewish Diaspora 28%
Ashkenazi
4% 0% 0%
Sephardic
0% 18% 28%:confused:

sktibo
06-28-2017, 10:29 PM
I'm glad you got results that make sense! :)

In the aggregate, my family got some interesting readings...

Dad Mom Me
Middle Eastern 0% Middle Eastern 61% Middle Eastern 20%
Asia Minor
0% 31% 12%
East Middle
0% 12% 2%
North Africa
0% 0% 0%
West Middle East
< 2% 18% 6%
European 94% European 21% European 52%
British Isles
47% 0% 0%:suspicious:
East Europe
0% 0% 0%
Finland
0% 0% 0%
Scandinavia
0% 0% 6%:noidea:
Southeast Europe
13% 21% 22%
Iberia
0% 0% 0%
West and Central Europe
34% 0% 24%
Jewish Diaspora 4% Jewish Diaspora 18% Jewish Diaspora 28%
Ashkenazi
4% 0% 0%
Sephardic
0% 18% 28%:confused:

Well, no they don't make sense! I am nowhere near 58% Western and Central Europe. I have to add my own interpretation in order for them to make sense. I think it's a cool DNA test but there's no way I would recommend this one to family or friends.

GoldenHind
06-28-2017, 11:59 PM
W
there's no way I would recommend this one to family or friends.

Nor would I.

sktibo
06-29-2017, 04:09 AM
HI, Sktibo - What is the internet link? I haven't been at their blog or whatever before. BTW, my test was performed by FTDNA last Summer and I read they are using a different chip and another analytic company now. So our results may not compare. Tell me what time to meet you at the link?

These are my results: 17280 17281 17282

Thanks and Best,,,William

Hey Celt_?? it looks like we do have similar results. Since I'm in Canada, I got tested on the older platform, prior to Helix. My results are at the top of this thread, we are pretty similar IMO. Which reference populations did they give you? How much of your ancestry is British Isles vs Continental Europe again?

ArmandoR1b
06-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Well, no they don't make sense! I am nowhere near 58% Western and Central Europe. I have to add my own interpretation in order for them to make sense. I think it's a cool DNA test but there's no way I would recommend this one to family or friends.

Nor would I.

I have been trying to point out how bad of a test this is for a while as has GoldenHind.

kingjohn
06-29-2017, 01:25 PM
I have been trying to point out how bad of a test this is for a while as has GoldenHind.

and when people don't want to listen
they pay the price in my case 159$ :frusty:

sktibo
06-29-2017, 01:43 PM
and when people don't want to listen
they pay the price in my case 159$ :frusty:

I will say that I knew what I was getting into
and I have no regrets... BTW did your brother get his DNA tribes results?

kingjohn
06-29-2017, 01:50 PM
http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4628-Post-your-DNA-Tribes-SNP-Results-for-Analysis/page58

middle of the page
he do show some slavic finnic signitures 11-12%

p.s
about your geno2 next results
do you think it is logical that you are northen european score 1.1% neaderthal
and me 1% only 0.1 % difference is it logical to you ???

sktibo
06-29-2017, 01:52 PM
http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?4628-Post-your-DNA-Tribes-SNP-Results-for-Analysis/page58

middle of the page
he do show some slavic finnic signitures 11-12%

p.s
about your geno2 next results
do you think it is logical that you are northen european score 1.1% neaderthal
and me 1% only 0.1 % difference is it logical to you ???

No, I posted about that in the Neanderthal section.. according to 23andme I have more Neanderthal variants than 85% of it's customers and of my DNA relatives I am 8th most Neanderthal.. it estimated about 3.3% before the transition.. significantly higher than the average tester, while Geno 2.0 claims I am lower than the average. One of these is wrong! and I suspect it isn't 23andme....
Glad to see he got his results... That is the one I order next!

ArmandoR1b
06-30-2017, 02:01 PM
...I got my Geno 2.0 today and it also gave me R-Z195, the same as Living DNA's corrected haplogroup.
The quote is from a different thread but my post is more appropriate here. I am looking forward to seeing what you get with more Y-DNA SNP testing.

Geno 2.0 should be reporting negative SNPs on their site but they don't so you have to look in the Geno 2.0 csv file that is hosted on the FTDNA page. You can download the csv file from the main FTDNA page and not from the haplotree page. The following SNPs that are downstream from Z195 should be in your Geno 2.0 csv file since they are found in the file of another person that had the Geno 2.0 test. FTDNA doesn't report negative Geno 2.0 SNPs either even though they are in the file that they have. Will you look for these in your Geno 2.0 csv file?

SnpName Anc Der
L629 A G
Z274 C G
Z220 G A
Z209 T G
Z268 T G
Z278 A G
CTS12074 A G
Z299 ins del
M153 A T
CTS4065 A C
CTS7768 A C
Z198 G T
Z269 A T
Z202 G C
Z203 C T
Z201 A G
CTS8289 T C
Z207 A G
CTS4299 A G
L659 T G
L165 C T
BY135 G A
BY131 A C
BY132 A G
CTS4188 C T

If you really are ancestral (negative) for both Z198 and Z274 then it would mean that you could also be terminal for Z195 in Alex Williamson's tree here (http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=30) if a BigY test also showed you negative for those.

By the way, will you join the DF27 project here (https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/r1b-df27/about/background) ? You won't be in the STR results page until you at least get a Y12 test which is never on sale so you can get that anytime by going here (https://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=R1b-DF27). That way you could also order a BigY test or a DF27 SNP pack from FTDNA once you are ready to get a Y-DNA SNP upgrade.

sktibo
06-30-2017, 04:32 PM
The quote is from a different thread but my post is more appropriate here. I am looking forward to seeing what you get with more Y-DNA SNP testing.

Geno 2.0 should be reporting negative SNPs on their site but they don't so you have to look in the Geno 2.0 csv file that is hosted on the FTDNA page. You can download the csv file from the main FTDNA page and not from the haplotree page. The following SNPs that are downstream from Z195 should be in your Geno 2.0 csv file since they are found in the file of another person that had the Geno 2.0 test. FTDNA doesn't report negative Geno 2.0 SNPs either even though they are in the file that they have. Will you look for these in your Geno 2.0 csv file?

If you really are ancestral (negative) for both Z198 and Z274 then it would mean that you could also be terminal for Z195 in Alex Williamson's tree here (http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=30) if a BigY test also showed you negative for those.

By the way, will you join the DF27 project here (https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/r1b-df27/about/background) ? You won't be in the STR results page until you at least get a Y12 test which is never on sale so you can get that anytime by going here (https://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=R1b-DF27). That way you could also order a BigY test or a DF27 SNP pack from FTDNA once you are ready to get a Y-DNA SNP upgrade.

"Z195","Y","AA"
"Z198","Y","TT"
"Z274","Y","CC"
There's another file as well;
"Z198","True","Genographic 2+ Transfer"
"Z195","True","Genographic 2+ Transfer"
No Z274 in this one. I guess that means I'm not positive for it.

Do you need every SNP listed in the quote or will those do for now? I'll definitely join the DF27 project once my Y Haplogroup is acknowledged by my FTDNA kit.. right now it says "Our team is reviewing your haplogroup prediction for accuracy. This process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update this page automatically when your prediction is ready." It only acknowledges my MtDNA.

Celt_??
06-30-2017, 11:54 PM
Hey Celt_?? it looks like we do have similar results. Since I'm in Canada, I got tested on the older platform, prior to Helix. My results are at the top of this thread, we are pretty similar IMO. Which reference populations did they give you? How much of your ancestry is British Isles vs Continental Europe again?

My first reference population was German and my second reference population was Dutch. Great BRitain and Ireland - 38% and Western and Central Europe 53%. Fairly close to yours. I assume that you don't believe that you have French or Southern European ancestry. Although you live in Canada - I don't' recall which province-, French Canadian might be possible along the way. What do you think?

17317 17318 17319

sktibo
07-01-2017, 02:12 AM
My first reference population was German and my second reference population was Dutch. Great BRitain and Ireland - 38% and Western and Central Europe 53%. Fairly close to yours. I assume that you don't believe that you have French or Southern European ancestry. Although you live in Canada - I don't' recall which province-, French Canadian might be possible along the way. What do you think?

17317 17318 17319

I'm 8 and a bit percent French Canadian, probably more than 8 percent autosomally but certainly not 20%. I'm around about 60 percent British isles, the rest being 6% Eastern Europe, 2% native American, 32% French Dutch and German. this is a quick approximation of British vs Continental, more or less. How British vs Continental are you

ArmandoR1b
07-01-2017, 04:38 AM
"Z195","Y","AA"
"Z198","Y","TT"
"Z274","Y","CC"
There's another file as well;
"Z198","True","Genographic 2+ Transfer"
"Z195","True","Genographic 2+ Transfer"
No Z274 in this one. I guess that means I'm not positive for it.

Do you need every SNP listed in the quote or will those do for now? I'll definitely join the DF27 project once my Y Haplogroup is acknowledged by my FTDNA kit.. right now it says "Our team is reviewing your haplogroup prediction for accuracy. This process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update this page automatically when your prediction is ready." It only acknowledges my MtDNA. The 2nd file sometimes has incorrect info which is why I don't use it. Your Z198 result means you are positive for Z198. You are negative for CTS4188 and L165 which are also in the Geno file with the alleles but not the other file. Those SNPs have reliable results in 5 different Geno 2.0 files that I have. The next largest subclade has Z292 which isn't tested by Geno 2.0 but you have a pretty good possibility of being positive for it and for Z262. Since you are negative for SRY2627 at 23andme then you could be on a branch parallel to SRY2627 although you could be negative for Z262 and on a parallel branch to it or negative for Z292 and on a parallel branch to Z292, L165, and CTS4188. There is a Z198 SNP Pack at FTDNA that you can get if you aren't going to get BigY. Only testing with an SNP pack or BigY will determine where you are in the Z198 tree but BigY will give you private SNPs and the SNP pack won't.

kingjohn
07-02-2017, 01:42 PM
at least you got a component which reflect your ancestery
i am taking the west central euro geno2 next gave me as a mistake
for now
for people of north european ancestery the west central euro component is logical ....

sktibo
07-02-2017, 04:33 PM
at least you got a component which reflect your ancestery
i am taking the west central euro geno2 next gave me as a mistake
for now
for people of north european ancestery the west central euro component is logical ....

Yes, it's not like it gave me Greek or something!

wombatofthenorth
07-08-2017, 05:57 AM
No, I posted about that in the Neanderthal section.. according to 23andme I have more Neanderthal variants than 85% of it's customers and of my DNA relatives I am 8th most Neanderthal.. it estimated about 3.3% before the transition.. significantly higher than the average tester, while Geno 2.0 claims I am lower than the average. One of these is wrong! and I suspect it isn't 23andme....
Glad to see he got his results... That is the one I order next!

actually you should suspect the old 23 neanderthal was wrong, they mixed in denisovan and other stuff and so on
even 23 doesn't even like to refer to their old test and the new version where they jyst looked at like 300+ specific SNPs and rank is a very different sort of animal

sktibo
07-08-2017, 06:49 AM
actually you should suspect the old 23 neanderthal was wrong, they mixed in denisovan and other stuff and so on
even 23 doesn't even like to refer to their old test and the new version where they jyst looked at like 300+ specific SNPs and rank is a very different sort of animal

Interesting, I didn't get any denisovan, what was the other stuff?

alexfritz
07-08-2017, 06:57 AM
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h19HeuRDRW0/Vsn0ZaJs_0I/AAAAAAAANw8/SzJdB1-uMuE/s640/demograf%25C3%25ADa%2Bhumanos%2Bancestrales.PNG

Kuhlwilm et al (2016) ranges Neanderthal admix in non-africans at 0.3-2.6%;
Geno 2.0 NextGen determined an avg. of 1.3%, i scored 1.2%;

noman
07-08-2017, 07:06 AM
Can you download raw data from Geno?

Paula Marie
01-01-2018, 10:08 PM
I had my son tested by Nat. Geo as a gift. I was so disappointed to learn with the Helix thing it is not transferable to FTDNA. I would have gone thru FTDNA if I had known. Is there a way to transfer his results to any of the companies for genealogy purposes?? TY Paula

kingjohn
01-01-2018, 10:11 PM
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h19HeuRDRW0/Vsn0ZaJs_0I/AAAAAAAANw8/SzJdB1-uMuE/s640/demograf%25C3%25ADa%2Bhumanos%2Bancestrales.PNG

Kuhlwilm et al (2016) ranges Neanderthal admix in non-africans at 0.3-2.6%;
Geno 2.0 NextGen determined an avg. of 1.3%, i scored 1.2%;

i score 1% in geno2 next generation
logical middle eastern score between 0.8%-1%...

timberwolf
01-01-2018, 10:12 PM
I had my son tested by Nat. Geo as a gift. I was so disappointed to learn with the Helix thing it is not transferable to FTDNA. I would have gone thru FTDNA if I had known. Is there a way to transfer his results to any of the companies for genealogy purposes?? TY Paula

You can try Gedmatch genesis, they take Nat Geo raw data, you will get matches and autosomal calculators.