PDA

View Full Version : New Feature/Updates coming?

greerpalmer
06-28-2017, 10:50 PM
Sponsored ad coming to me over facebook.

The text reads:
"The countdown is on. The destination is you! Sign up to be one of the first to know how you can win big."

The image reads:
"Feeling adventurous? We've got just the ticket." "Be among the first to know our BIG announcement!"

Thought I'd share. It could just be a sweepstakes.

Luis
06-29-2017, 04:51 AM
Sponsored ad coming to me over facebook.

The text reads:
"The countdown is on. The destination is you! Sign up to be one of the first to know how you can win big."

The image reads:
"Feeling adventurous? We've got just the ticket." "Be among the first to know our BIG announcement!"

Thought I'd share. It could just be a sweepstakes.

That's what it looks like.

lwa714
07-03-2017, 04:52 AM
Maybe, just maybe, it is a chip update or new reference populations? Probably getting my hopes up:)

tomz
07-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Hmmm. They are certainly due for an actual ethnicity update. Wait and see I guess..

laulei
07-06-2017, 11:33 PM
I could be wrong but I think there may actually be an AC update coming this time. 23andMe's Twitter account has been posting pictures every two days for the countdown to the twelfth and I noticed that there is an image that gets clearer with each picture. After putting a few filters on the picture, I could see the figure of a person with a backpack on overlooking some scenery. 23andMe's blog posted an article yesterday about customers wanting to travel to places around the world based on their AC results. The image of the backpacker on the countdown pictures and the travel theme of the new article must be related. I also noticed that the AC result shown in the article had places that were white even though they did not represent 'unassigned' ancestry (except for maybe the one at the very top). Do they represent new reference populations that are being hidden until the official announcement? I also noticed that the map is only showing 'broadly assigned' regions even though the customer matches specific populations.
Here is the edited image of one of the countdown pictures:17420
Here is the AC shown in the article:17425

Here is a link to the article on their blog:
https://blog.23andme.com/23andme-customer-stories/dna-travel-trip/

I realize I'm overanalyzing and I'm probably wrong but we'll wait and see what happens. :P

Cinnamon orange
07-07-2017, 05:05 AM
I heard people speculating it may be winning a trip to one of your ancestral locations.

I hope it is an AC update, though winning a trip would be nice an AC update would benefit all.

I think they have had an African project in the works for awhile, maybe that category will see an update.

wombatofthenorth
07-08-2017, 06:20 AM
sounds like winning trips to places of your main ancestry (actually ultra awesome and probably the best thing one could imagine it being.... IF you are like one of the 10 or whatever winners hah; thinking about most customers, an ancestry update would be way nicer since everyone would get that, but if it is a free trip and you did win....)

greerpalmer
07-12-2017, 03:29 PM
I agree about the trip giveaway, though it seems like a lot of hype for such a small promotion. We'll see today. I signed up for the e-mail notifications and have not seen anything come through yet.

AntG
07-12-2017, 04:18 PM
sounds like winning trips to places of your main ancestry (actually ultra awesome and probably the best thing one could imagine it being....)

Not if you live in the place where your main ancestry is... :\ I wish I was more exotic now...

greerpalmer
07-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Not if you live in the place where your main ancestry is... :\ I wish I was more exotic now...

Turns out its open to the US only, sorry. Also would be nice if 23andMe actually had a better AC so I could go more "Exotic" places...then again maybe all the "General" populations means if I win I would get to chose my destinations :P