PDA

View Full Version : Problems downloading raw data file from LivingDNA

lilac9
06-29-2017, 07:04 PM
I decided to make a separate thread for this issue. When I hit the download button there, it immediately opens up WindowsLive on my computer. I don't use WindowsLive nor do I think it works on my computer. Regardless of that I can locate the file in my Downloads folder but when I try to upload it to Gedmatch genesis it says the file is too small(306bytes). I've sent a couple of e-mails to LivingDNA about this issue and still no reply.

ollie444
06-29-2017, 07:51 PM
Sounds like they still haven't fixed that for you then. I can't view my file on my computer either, but it uploads to genesis fine. Don't worry though, they are releasing a standard txt file raw download on July 10th.

Kathlingram
06-29-2017, 08:10 PM
I decided to make a separate thread for this issue. When I hit the download button there, it immediately opens up WindowsLive on my computer. I don't use WindowsLive nor do I think it works on my computer. Regardless of that I can locate the file in my Downloads folder but when I try to upload it to Gedmatch genesis it says the file is too small(306bytes). I've sent a couple of e-mails to LivingDNA about this issue and still no reply.

Mine does not load either..presumably for the same reason
ERROR: File appears to be too small.
Make sure you are uploading the correct file.
Please check it and try again.

JonikW
06-29-2017, 08:37 PM
Mine does not load either..presumably for the same reason
ERROR: File appears to be too small.
Make sure you are uploading the correct file.
Please check it and try again.

I tried from my phone and had the same problem.

tmg2013
06-30-2017, 04:20 AM
The 306 byte file is almost certainly an XML text file giving an error message. Here's an edited version of mine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>[snip]/[snip]_LivingDNA.vcf</Key><RequestId>[snip]</RequestId><HostId>[snip]/AB/[snip]</HostId></Error>

They have been informed.

lilac9
06-30-2017, 03:08 PM
They responded to my e-mail about this. Here is what they said:

"Thank you for contacting us about your Raw Data download for your Autosomal results.

We have received feedback from a few customer to advise that they are also having issue using the data.

In order to improve the process we have investigated and found that we can offer a better experience and level of information if we change the format of the download and also include ChrX marker data.

This is currently being worked on and we expect to have this ready to release in the next 1 - 2 weeks

We have made a note of your details and would ask that you delete any existing downloads that you have and we will be in touch as soon as the new format is available."

MacUalraig
06-30-2017, 03:13 PM

"Thank you for contacting us about your Raw Data download for your Autosomal results.

We have received feedback from a few customer to advise that they are also having issue using the data.

In order to improve the process we have investigated and found that we can offer a better experience and level of information if we change the format of the download and also include ChrX marker data.

This is currently being worked on and we expect to have this ready to release in the next 1 - 2 weeks

We have made a note of your details and would ask that you delete any existing downloads that you have and we will be in touch as soon as the new format is available."

Won't this break the GEDMatch/Genesis upload function? Unless perhaps they are making it match one of the other formats GEDMatch already handles.

Kathlingram
06-30-2017, 03:13 PM

Lilac
I got the very same exact message.. So I am OK with it..
Kathleen

ollie444
06-30-2017, 03:33 PM
Won't this break the GEDMatch/Genesis upload function? Unless perhaps they are making it match one of the other formats GEDMatch already handles.

I think they are changing it to txt format, which gedmatch accepts.