PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing something wrong?

punk_knitter
07-01-2017, 09:29 AM
I have noticed that other users are posting their admixture results from the oracles on GEDmatch, however whenever I try to post my own I always get an error message stating that I cannot post a link. I am simply copying and pasting from the GEDmatch results page. What am I doing wrong?

Administrator
07-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Hi,

Thank you for your message.

As part of our recent anti-spam measures, we've implemented a link posting restriction onto new accounts only. This was announced over a month ago:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?7-Terms-of-Service-and-Forum-Rules-Update&p=241201&viewfull=1#post241201

Since you now have 14 posts, you shouldn't be experiencing this limitation. Let us know if you're still having problems.

Thank you in advance,

07-04-2017, 10:58 AM
I have noticed that other users are posting their admixture results from the oracles on GEDmatch, however whenever I try to post my own I always get an error message stating that I cannot post a link. I am simply copying and pasting from the GEDmatch results page. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, If you save screenshot result "locally", first, then upload to post, does it work?

JerryS.
07-04-2017, 12:50 PM
I found it easiest to simply copy and paste onto a word document then copy and paste that onto a message here.

Elizabeth
07-05-2017, 04:23 AM
I usually copy and paste into a notepad document first.

DMXX
07-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Hi all,

Following JerryS. and Elizabeth's posts, could either (or both) of you please clarify whether you're having problems posting links at Anthrogenica?

Per section 2.1:

2.1 New members, defined as those with less than 10 posts and less than 14 days registration history, are subject to a link posting restriction. Once a new member exceeds 10 posts and a presence of 14 days in Anthrogenica, they will automatically be promoted to the "Regular Users" usergroup.

Both of you shouldn't be experiencing this limitation. Please give us a shout if you are!

punk_knitter
07-05-2017, 04:32 PM
I am no longer experiencing this limitation! Thank you for the replies.

dowpa113
07-12-2017, 01:49 AM
great work, thx

cps
07-12-2017, 03:25 AM
I had the same problem. I found I had to delete all the "at" symbols in the distance calculations