PDA

View Full Version : no automatic subscription renewal?

MikeWhalen
07-06-2017, 04:29 PM
I see that my name has gone from the 'gold' of a paid gold membership guy, to the older 'green' of a sub forum moderator

I thought I had put my gold subscription membership on auto renewal...I am guessing not?

I do wish to renew my gold, and I will shortly...this is as much a heads up for admins as anything, since I am assuming mine just ran out

In any case, you might get some others wondering if they are on auto renewal &/or how they set that up

Mike

DMXX
07-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Hi Mike,

This wasn't an oversight, but an intentional move. Per our Sustainability Model (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?7757-Anthrogenica-Sustainability-amp-Your-Support):

Annual subscriptions will never auto-renew. Our members will, therefore, never experience a repeat of what happened following DNA-Forums' demise at Anthrogenica. The $5-10 paid every year will be valid for that calendar year, granting our members full control over their financial contributions.

Past experience (where I lost dozens of dollars to GvdM, as many of you had) simply compels us to disable auto-renewals of subscriptions. While we're more transparent with how this forum is run than DNA-Forums was, I would prefer our members exercise the usual, default degree of extreme scrutiny with us as they would any other online venture - Even if it's "just $10". :P

Instructions for going through re-subscribing are below:

To purchase a single year's subscription, please go to User Control Panel > My Settings > My Account > Paid Subscriptions and select the subscription class of your choice (visual guide included below). Please note subscriptions can only be paid through PayPal.

A screenshot of the display can be found in the link above.

MikeWhalen
07-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Ahh, I had forgotten this site had specifically decided against the auto renewal
...of course the experiences with the old forums (amongst many other examples, no doubt) left a bad taste in peoples mouths

Ok, thanks for the info, and I did re-up on my own and it was quite simple and straight forward

flying gold again, pretty much the best ten bucks, and bang for the buck, I spend in a year

Mike