PDA

View Full Version : Turkic dna?

annalubov
07-15-2017, 07:13 AM
Hi all, i am foster child adopted in USA
According to my results i am of turkic origin. Can anyone help me to learn more about the culture and all things turk???

Thank you!
Very excited!

annalubov
07-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Noone really?

eolien
07-15-2017, 10:15 AM
i think this is a forum mostly about genetics.

jesus
07-15-2017, 03:44 PM
What kind of Turkic?

alhan
07-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Hi all, i am foster child adopted in USA
According to my results i am of turkic origin. Can anyone help me to learn more about the culture and all things turk???

Thank you!
Very excited!

Very interesting. According to which results?

Learning about Turks, I think everybody will be very helpfull here on the things you cannot google about.

DMXX
07-15-2017, 07:02 PM
"Turkic" is a linguistic term for a group of highly related languages (the Turkic family). Said languages span from the Balkans through to Siberia. Needless to say, a Turkic speaker from Bulgaria (e.g. a Pomak) is genetically quite different from a Republic Azerbaijani or an Altaian.

"Turk", in one form or another, is an old ethnonym that has been used by Turkic speakers for centuries. Other ethnic self-designations have emerged in some groups (e.g. Sakha, Uyghur, Kazakh).

Which results indicated you have Turkish ancestry? We cannot assist if more precise information isn't provided.

annalubov
07-15-2017, 08:35 PM
"Turkic" is a linguistic term for a group of highly related languages (the Turkic family). Said languages span from the Balkans through to Siberia. Needless to say, a Turkic speaker from Bulgaria (e.g. a Pomak) is genetically quite different from a Republic Azerbaijani or an Altaian.

"Turk", in one form or another, is an old ethnonym that has been used by Turkic speakers for centuries. Other ethnic self-designations have emerged in some groups (e.g. Sakha, Uyghur, Kazakh).

Which results indicated you have Turkish ancestry? We cannot assist if more precise information isn't provided.

according to dnaland I am 52% Mid Turkic and 3% East Turkic. There are many ethnic groups within, but not sure which one exactly I am.

dowpa113
07-15-2017, 08:37 PM
according to dnaland I am 52% Mid Turkic and 3% East Turkic. There are many ethnic groups within, but not sure which one exactly I am.

Upload your Raw Data to www.gedmatch.com

Ilgar
08-25-2019, 04:05 PM
Turkic people had different genes even from the first beginning. Nonetheless we speak similar languages/dialects and share almost same culture. For instance an Azerbaijani Turk can understand nearby Turkic nations like Turkish, Turkmen, Gagauz etc.

Which type of DNA analysis have you given?