PDA

View Full Version : Can one edit thread titles?

History-of-Things
08-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Hi there. Is it possible to edit thread titles that one has started (I want to work on consistency and immediate identification for some news threads)? Thanks.

admin
08-11-2012, 02:39 PM
History-of-Things,

Members cannot edit their post titles once they have been created.

However, as stated in the Terms of Service, members are welcome to contact a moderator for the necessary changes to be made afterwards.

MJost
05-14-2013, 05:28 PM
What is the reason why no one is allowed to edit their posts?

MJost

Scarlet Ibis
05-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Hi mjost,

Members are allowed to edit their own posts up to a day after they're posted.

MJost
05-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Ok,. Thanks... I will post more messages if thats the case notifying other of typos, incorrect information, changes of my mind ect. But that isn't a reason.

MJost

DMXX
05-15-2013, 09:39 AM
MJost,

Some users on the Internet have a tendency to revisit old messages they had written and (for numerous reasons) significantly altering them. This causes a conversational dysjunction in the following posts as they no longer "flow" with the content of the original/early messages.

As a trade-off between allowing users the chance to correct/update existing posts and maintaining thread coherency, we've implemented a 24 hour editing window.

It is worth stating some form of post editing restriction is standard practice on many Internet discussion boards.

MJost
05-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the explanation.

As one poster stated and I guess I have to bow and agree with overall, that there really is no need to allow mid thread edits, they serve no purpose unless you're obsessive compulsive and have to return to them 2 years later.

GUILTY!

MJost

Edit: I also now thought about Spammers posting once and days, weeks, ect later editing and posting spam links.....