PDA

View Full Version : de Saint Pierre/St-Pierre/St. Pierre/Bunbury family

St. Pierre
07-22-2017, 04:16 PM
I can trace my direct paternal line to Pierre de Saint Pierre who was born in 1643 in Rouen, Normandy, France and immigrated to Quebec, Canada in 1664. His father and mother were Michel de Saint Pierre and Francoise Engren, his grandparents were Guillaume/Gilles de Saint Pierre and Marie Philippes/Queval and his great grandparents were Colin de Saint Pierre and Jehanne of Gouy, Normandy and Rouen in the mid to late 1500's. The family has been documented as a noble family in Normandy since atleast the 1200's and are also the original surname of the Bunbury family of Cheshire, England, the story is that a younger son of the noble de Saint Pierre family went to England with Hugh Lupus(William the Conqueror's cousin) and his family started being called Bunbury after that. Also the de Saint Pierre family was supposed to have had their castles in the area of St. Lo, Normandy. Does anybody have any more info or anything that would help my research into my surname? Thank You

Adam R. St. Pierre

hadleyro1
04-23-2018, 07:57 PM
Adam -

I would be interested in seeing how closely we are related. My family has been searching for the basis of our family outside the US. Hadley being a place name in Shropshire close to Cheshire it makes sense a brother of Henry De Bunbury B. 1128 in Bunbury or Johans De St. Pierre B. 1143 in Wales who could have been connected via Cadogan de Hadley or Alan and William De Hadley other Shropshire potential relations who would have taken the name based on the manor. We have been searching for a DNA tie from Ireland/England for some time!

I am most closed related on YFull to a Patterson who also had connections that seem Quaker related given a similar Ireland/Pennsylvania/North Carolina migration pattern or another possible NPE cousin with the surname Braxton. It would be interesting to look at us all on GedMatch or another site.

Any idea on how we could do more comparisons?

Ross

St. Pierre
04-25-2018, 04:21 PM
Hi Ross, my most recent haplogroup is R1b BY3604 which looks to be a Norman French line but I haven't had the money to do the BigY yet but have been in touch with a guy who has been trying to lead me in the right direction Anders from Denmark, my Gedmatch is A772742 and M215278. What is your Gedmatch kit # and i'll ask Anders if he would put his raw data on Gedmatch although I think being that far back(+-800 years) of a connection Gedmatch might not give many answers but let's try.

hadleyro1
04-26-2018, 07:25 PM
No match on GedMatch. My kit is: A647997

St. Pierre
04-29-2018, 03:39 PM
That's what I figured it would be, does your Hadley family descend from the Bunbury's thru the male line, if so then they also descend from the St. Pierre's on the Y chromosome?

hadleyro1
04-30-2018, 07:07 PM
I cant prove it. Our family was likely from the area but we dont have a primary source link past Ireland around 1700. Lots of Hadley's, wills and references but no firm connection to Bunbury.