- Italy/Greece <1%
- Caucasus <1%

My MyHeritage results were:

- Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 59.2%
- Iberian 20.5%
- Finnish 11.2%
- Balkan 6.1%
- Central American 3%

They are analyzing the same DNA sample (uploaded raw DNA from Ancestry to MyHeritage). Has anyone else experienced such drastically different results between these two companies? I know MyHeritage is new to the game but there percentages are actually more consistent with the results that I got through DNA.Land. I'm having difficulty determining which results are the most trustworthy.

mwauthy
07-28-2017, 09:49 PM
The discrepancy in Iberian and Finnish is perplexing. Myheritage tends to under report English and over report Western Europe. I had a friend that received 66% English on Ancestry and 0% on myheritage. I think the reality lies somewhere in the middle. Iberia is part of Western Europe even if it's Southwestern. I presume some of Europe West from Ancestry got put in the Iberian category on myheritage.

Scott
07-29-2017, 01:28 AM
I'm glad someone else thinks it's perplexing. I will say that I was 14% Southwestern European on DNA.Land and my Iberian results on GEDMatch were in the 11-17% range. Also my Dad was 15% Iberian on Ancestry. I think that Ancestry's 2% estimate is too low and MyHeritage's 20.5% is too high.

The Finland/Northwest Russia thing is interesting. DNA.Land put me at 21% North Slavic (which I think is too high). My numbers on GEDMatch were actually pretty consistent with the 11.2% I had on MyHeritage. My theory is that I have a stronger connection to some parts of that region than others and thus I match some samples more than others. I could be totally wrong though.

MischievousRaven
07-29-2017, 02:29 AM
I also got some interesting (and confusing) results when I uploaded my Raw DNA file to MyHeritage! I can trace almost all of my recent ancestry (back to 4x and 5x great grandparents) to Germany and the Netherlands. I have no known Scandinavian, Italian, or East European ancestors. My AncestryDNA results are in my signature for comparison.

Dimanto
07-29-2017, 02:35 AM
MyHeritage sucks at this.

jjensen6
08-01-2017, 07:48 PM
I've only recently begun digging my heels in all of this ethnicity DNA, so forgive me if I state something stupid.

With regards to Ancestry, have you looked at the range for each ethnicity? For me, of the six European ethnicities it gives me, only one is "definitive" for lack of a better word. For example, it puts me at Europe West-32%. When I click on it though, the range is 0-66%. The aforementioned "definitive" one for me is Italy/Greece-18% (10-26% range). That could maybe explain some of the discrepencies.

On the other hand, I'm not sure about MyHeritage. I had a test done with them and my results were:
British/Irish-60.5%
Balkan-32.2%
Ashkenazi Jewish-7.3%

When I later uploaded my Ancestry Raw Data, my results were:
North and West Europe:
-North and Western European-65.2%
-Scandinavian-12.7%
-Irish,Scottish,and Welsh-2.3%
East Europe:
-Balkan-10.2%
Ashkenazi Jewish-2.4%
West Asia:
-West Asian-7.2%

I've come up with Italian/Greek ancestry on FTDNA, and dna.land, so it makes me wonder how MyHeritage didn't pick up on that. Perhaps, they are still tweaking their methods.

Sassoneg
08-02-2017, 03:08 PM
MyHeritage is crap for northern Europeans as far as I've seen. Their Scandinavian is all over the place, their British/Irish/West Europe is highly variable, and they always seem to add 15% too much Iberian.

donnamaria
08-04-2017, 08:52 PM
My Ancestry dna
Italy/Greece 39%
scandinavian 15%
iberian penninsula 11%
caucasus 8%
middle east 8%
european jewish 4%
european west 4%
great britain 9%
africa<1%
ireland <1%

my sons ancestry

africa 9%
italy /greece 26%
iberian 13%
scandinavian 11%
great britain 10%
europe west 7%
ireland 2%
native american 9%
middle east 11%
caucasus 1%

european jewish <1%

my heritage results after putting in raw dna from ancestry
greek 39%
iberian 13.5%
italian 12.4%
irish.scottish and welsh 7.7%
scandinavian 5.4%
askenazi jewish 4.4 %
sephardic jewish 14.6 %
west asia 2.5%

my sons my heritage after upload
sardinian 18%
greek 15 %
iberian 14%
scandinavian 19.5 %
central american 16 %
north africa 9%
west african 2.7 %
middle east 4.9%
eskimo/inuit 0.8%my

how is that for some numbers what i have been told about my heritage i was italian moms side english dutch german maybe some french dads side though he didnt know much about his moms side

sktibo
08-04-2017, 09:33 PM
MyHeritage is crap for northern Europeans as far as I've seen. Their Scandinavian is all over the place, their British/Irish/West Europe is highly variable, and they always seem to add 15% too much Iberian.

That's just about exactly my experience with it... Good to know I'm not alone!

Trixster
09-06-2017, 09:43 PM

They changed their testing model. I had 13% Scandinavian with MH (I ran my kit in March of this year). They were using Beta 9.0 at the time. When they updated to the 9.5 in July and I got my updated scores, the Scandinavian had disappeared altogether.

So maybe it depends on when you transferred the data and the model they were using at the time. It is perplexing (I was rather excited at the prospect of Scandinavian ancestry)

BeluvdLily
08-03-2018, 03:08 AM
I found a big discrepancy between the two also.

AncestryDNA gave me:
68% Europe West
19% Ireland/Scotland/Wales
8% Great Britain
4% Iberian Peninsula
1% Europe South

My Heritage was:

72.6% Irish/Scottish/Welsh
25% English
1.5% North and West Europe
0.9% Italian

czl
08-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Myheritage oveestimates Scandanavian and underestimates Slavic DNA.
Ancestry:
35-55% Europe East
19-49% Ireland/Scotland/Wales
0-31% Great Britain
0-12% Europe West
0-6% Scandanavia
0-5% Finland/Northwest Russian
Myheritage:
42.4% Irish/Scottish/Welsh (Mainly Irish with some Welsh)
27.5% Baltic (Russian)
14.4% Eastern European (Russian)
14.1% Scandinavian (no known ancestors)
0.8% Central Asian (Uzbek)
0.8% Eskimo/Inuit (No clue)

Sizzles
08-06-2018, 10:16 PM
Ancestry dna
36% South Europe sicily 22-45%
26% east Europe Croatia, bosnia, Hercegovina, North east italy 16-34%
24% great britain 4-43%
5% ireland scotland wales 0-14%
4% caucasus 0-9%
2% middle east 0-5%
1% Scandinavian 0-7%
1% North African 0-3%
1% west europe 0-9%

Heritage
43.4% north and west europe
31. 3% italian
15.2% balkan
4.9% east europe
4.4% west asian
0.8% middle eastern

RobinBMc
08-07-2018, 12:34 AM

For Southern Europeans too. My Dad is half Italian and MyHeritage gives him only 23.7% Italian, and 46% Greek. Even if you combine them, it's nearly 70% - way, way more than his Southern Europe should be. In comparison, AncestryDNA gives him 44% Europe South, and 23andMe gave him about 53% in Southern Europe combined.

BeluvdLily
08-08-2018, 12:18 AM
They changed their testing model. I had 13% Scandinavian with MH (I ran my kit in March of this year). They were using Beta 9.0 at the time. When they updated to the 9.5 in July and I got my updated scores, the Scandinavian had disappeared altogether.

So maybe it depends on when you transferred the data and the model they were using at the time. It is perplexing (I was rather excited at the prospect of Scandinavian ancestry)

I uploaded my raw data there in May and never received an update (that I know of) in July. Is there a way to tell whether my results are Version 9.0 or 9.5?

Canadawoman21
08-13-2018, 07:08 PM
My results on Gedmatch k3 DNA results were very different from my 23andme results.... 23 and me said I'm mostly British and Irish with a hint of northwestern European and Scandinavian. But my Gedmatch k3 DNA results on the pie chart says 3.34 eastern eurasian and 96.66 western eurasian and SSA i dont know what that means... then when i look at the spreadsheet it shows
1.82 % Albanian
2.77% Armenian
2.9% Estonian
3.1% southern French
3.4% Abkhasian
2.3% British
2.24% Belarusian
0.26% ukrainian
1.65% Georgian
0.56% Norwegian
1.0% Croatian.
11% Russian
4.4% mongolian
1.35% Palestinian

Canadawoman21
08-13-2018, 07:09 PM
My results on Gedmatch k3 DNA results were very different from my 23andme results.... 23 and me said I'm mostly British and Irish with a hint of northwestern European and Scandinavian. But my Gedmatch k3 DNA results on the pie chart says 3.34 eastern eurasian and 96.66 western eurasian and SSA i dont know what that means... then when i look at the spreadsheet it shows
1.82 % Albanian
2.77% Armenian
2.9% Estonian
3.1% southern French
3.4% Abkhasian
2.3% British
2.24% Belarusian
0.26% ukrainian
1.65% Georgian
0.56% Norwegian
1.0% Croatian.
11% Russian
4.4% mongolian
1.35% Palestinian

PoxVoldius
08-13-2018, 07:58 PM
1.82 % Albanian
2.77% Armenian
2.9% Estonian
3.1% southern French
3.4% Abkhasian
2.3% British
2.24% Belarusian
0.26% ukrainian
1.65% Georgian
0.56% Norwegian
1.0% Croatian.
11% Russian
4.4% mongolian
1.35% Palestinian

SSA means Sub-Saharan African. And I wouldn't worry about the oracles on the K3 -- those give weird results for just about everybody. (Which is probably because it only has 3 incredibly broad categories of ancestry that it's looking at.)

msmarjoribanks
08-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Yes -- to follow up on what Pox Voldius said, the Gedmatch calculations work differently than companies like 23andMe.

23andMe tries to identify the counties that your ancestors likely were from in genealogical time. For example, if you are American, the countries they would have come here from.

The various Gedmatch calculators identify different components and then use those components (with the oracles) to give some possible ancestry estimates that fit them. If you look at the related spreadsheet you can see that even non-mixed people from a single country will get a variety of components. Also, some Gedmatch calculators work better than others for different people. Something like Gedrosia K3 is supposed to be suited to people of Asian ancestry, so might not be a great fit. See https://iowadnaproject.wordpress.com/2015/09/04/deciphering-dnas-astrology-admixture-tools/

It also seems to only do Oracle 4, which doesn't work as well if your ancestry doesn't fit into 25% chunks.

Mine says:

1 W_Eurasian 95.74%
2 E_Eurasian 4.03%
3 SSA 0.23%

As you can see, those are super broad categories, so don't really let it distinguish well between people who are mostly Western European (whether it actually works well for Asians, dunno, although I am a bit skeptical given the categories).

For me, the results are way off, quite a bit more Eastern Europe than the reality is (the Eurogenes tests work a lot better for me).

Using 1 population approximation:
1 Ukrainian @ 0.000000
2 Lithuanian @ 0.654060
3 Hungarian @ 0.769553
4 Georgian @ 1.090258
5 Belarusian @ 1.127463
6 Bulgarian @ 1.298983
7 Norwegian @ 1.701788
8 Estonian @ 1.786995
9 Czech @ 2.050286
10 Croatian @ 2.130982

Also, those aren't percentages. They show how close you are to the particular population, in theory. Although as I said it's way, way off for me.

Hammer
08-14-2018, 05:19 PM
I also got rather diverging results. Perhaps not dramatic in the big picture but certainly quite different in detail.

AncestryDNA had me at

35% Scandinavian
25% Europe West
25% Europe East
8% Great Britain

but at least traced all of those back to the region "Germany, Netherlands & Belgium"

MyHeritage had me at

67 % English
21% Balkans
8% Finnish
4% Scandinavian

Now, in terms of traced genealogy a few generations back, I am 100% ethnic German, paternally from Northern Germany and maternally from Central Germany. I come from an "Old World" family in the sense that no-one, prior to myself, in my own lineage had emigrated from Germany. There is no known English ancestry, Finnish ancestry, Scandinavian ancestry or Balkans ancestry for that matter in my family.

I therefore assume that the computers see a fairly typical German mix and recognize that a lot of it is highly similar to reference populations in Scandinavia and Britain while some of it is more similar to assorted Eastern European reference populations. The main difference seems to be the different labels they slap on those findings. It's curious though that MyHeritage has such a difficult time finding the label "German" given that Gedmatch Oracles almost exclusively show Germans as closest matching populations. I get that Northern Germany and England are pretty close genetically, and perhaps there's a significant gap between my genes and further Southern and Western German references, but if a free project can narrow it down..a commercial service should definitely do as well.

Finnish also strikes me as rather bizarre..as Finland is generally viewed as a somewhat isolated place genetically and there's no known substantial migration pattern between Germany and Finland in the last several hundred of years.

msmarjoribanks
08-14-2018, 05:46 PM
That's interesting, and I think you analyze it correctly.

My mom has a decent amount of German, which gets partially put into Irish and partially put into some weird SE Europe categories (a little Greek, some Balkans). I can see how averaging it out might give you the Rhineland, but it seems odd.

Dorkymon
08-16-2018, 08:31 PM

And Ancestry DNA is garbage for Southeast Europeans, compared to MyHeritage, which while not perfect looks way better.

czl
08-19-2018, 02:11 PM
Both companies are mainly made for the average Western and Northern European mixed American so I think thatís why it detects German, Norwegian and for example Danish DNA much better than non mainland European DNA. Italian DNA fits into the non mainland euro category due to all the African influence as well as it being so close to Africa, itís at the southern boarder of Europe and Africa. Ireland has lots of influences from different groups such as Iberians Nordics and even Berbers, their DNA results are harder to precisely designate due to all their influences as well as it being isolated away from the rest of Europe like Germany.

Dimanto
08-19-2018, 03:54 PM
Here are both my maternal grandfather (North Dutch) and mom:

Dimanto
08-19-2018, 03:56 PM
Italy, isn't genetically ''close to Africa''.

Both companies are mainly made for the aver

age Western and Northern European mixed American so I think thatís why it detects German, Norwegian and for example Danish DNA much better than non mainland European DNA. Italian DNA fits into the non mainland euro category due to all the African influence as well as it being so close to Africa, itís at the southern boarder of Europe and Africa. Ireland has lots of influences from different groups such as Iberians Nordics and even Berbers, their DNA results are harder to precisely designate due to all their influences as well as it being isolated away from the rest of Europe like Germany.

Hammer
08-19-2018, 05:07 PM
Both companies are mainly made for the average Western and Northern European mixed American so I think thatís why it detects German, Norwegian and for example Danish DNA much better than non mainland European DNA. Italian DNA fits into the non mainland euro category due to all the African influence as well as it being so close to Africa, itís at the southern boarder of Europe and Africa. Ireland has lots of influences from different groups such as Iberians Nordics and even Berbers, their DNA results are harder to precisely designate due to all their influences as well as it being isolated away from the rest of Europe like Germany.

I think all the commercial tests actually struggle with NW European DNA and the exact buckets to throw them into because they cluster so closely (i.e. the actual and potential reference populations overlap significantly). MyHeritage claims I'm almost 70% English, AncestryDNA gave me only about 1/4 German with the rest spread to Scandinavia, Britain and Eastern Europe - and I am German from Germany. I see a lot of results of Brits from the UK getting significant Scandinavian scores in spite of no recorded Scandinavian ancestors in the last 200 years.

The massive overlap between those populations is of course a result of a shared ethnic heritage 1000+ years ago..but that's not the timeframe they focus on and promise to deliver on. I think this is the real problem with the focus on American immigrant populations. Those customers primarily want to know what boat their ancestors jumped off from 1620 onward..but the tests will often struggle to pinpoint it due to those older relationships between peoples.

vettor
08-19-2018, 05:45 PM
For Southern Europeans too. My Dad is half Italian and MyHeritage gives him only 23.7% Italian, and 46% Greek. Even if you combine them, it's nearly 70% - way, way more than his Southern Europe should be. In comparison, AncestryDNA gives him 44% Europe South, and 23andMe gave him about 53% in Southern Europe combined.

23.7% italian seems about correct...my father line has been in italy for over 400 years and he gets
Europe 100.0%
South Europe 56.6%
Italian 56.6%

in 23andme he gets 22.7% Italian

so MyHeritage for my family lines are far superior than 23andme

czl
08-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Italy, isn't genetically ''close to Africa''.

I never said that. I said it has African influence and is geographically close (closer) to Africa than Germany for example

Amerijoe
08-19-2018, 07:58 PM
AncestryDna Results
Ethnicity Estimate
Up to date
Ireland/Scotland/Wales 49%
Scotland
Central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland
Ulster, Ireland
Great Britain 47%
Low Confidence Regions
European Jewish1%
Europe South<1%
Europe West<1%
Finland/Northwest Russia<1%

23andMe DNA Results
European 100%
British & Irish 90.8%
United Kingdom
Scandinavian 1.4%
Italian 0.4%
Broadly Northwestern European 6.0%
Broadly Southern European 0.3%
Broadly European 1.0%

My results run through MyHeritage seem rather consistent.

Ancestry Results
Europe 100.0%
North and West Europe 98.0%
English 54.9%
Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 43.1%
East European 2.0%
Results 100.0%

FTDNA Results
Europe 99.1%
North and West Europe 97.0%
English 51.9%
Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 44.2%
Scandinavian 0.9%
East European 2.1%
West Asian 0.9%
Results Amerijoe 100.0%

23andMe
Europe 96.9%
North and West Europe 94.6%
English 49.4%
Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 42.4%
Scandinavian 2.8%
East European 2.3%
West Asian 3.1%
Results Amerijoe 100.0%

MyHeritage
Europe 98.9%
North and West Europe 98.1%
English 52.6%
Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 42.9%
Scandinavian 2.6%
East European 0.8%
West Asian 1.1%
Results Amerijoe 100.0%

If I want to jump across the Channel, I go with Geno 2.0, Helix Version

Your First Reference Population: Danish
This reference population is based on people currently living in Denmark. The dominant Scandinavian component likely reflects the earliest settlers in northern Europe, hunter-gatherers who arrived there more than 30,000 years ago. The other European percentages likely reflect movement of groups north as the ice sheets retreated. As groups moved throughout Europe, they spread their genetic patterns. And today, Northern European populations retain the links to both early and later migrants from the south and east.

DANISH %

Northwestern Europe 85%
Northeastern Europe 10%
Eastern Europe 3%
Jewish Diaspora 2%

YOU %

Northwestern Europe 83%
Italy & Southern Europe 11%
Northeastern Europe 6%

Your Second Reference Population: Norwegian
This reference population is associated with a modern-day Norwegian population. The large Scandinavian component is typical for the region and is likely associated with some of the earliest settlers to Europe some 40,000 years ago. The western/central and eastern European components indicate recent mixing with neighboring groups to the south of Norway, while the Finland/Siberia components suggest influence from indigenous groups to the north and east, such as the Sami from Sweden and Finland.

NORWEGIAN %

Northwestern Europe 83%
Northeastern Europe 14%
Eastern Europe 3%

YOU %

Northwestern Europe 83%
Italy & Southern Europe 11%
Northeastern Europe 6%

The above Geno 2.0 are based on Helix inputation analysis. Geno analysis done two years previously indicated 97% GB&I with Irish being 1st. reference pop. and Scottish being 2nd. with 2% Arabia.

Dimanto
08-19-2018, 08:46 PM
I never said that. I said it has African influence and is geographically close (closer) to Africa than Germany for example ''Italian DNA fits into the non mainland euro category due to all the African influence as well as it being so close to Africa''

I don't think I misinterpreted what you said. The southern tip of Mezzogiorno has a close proximity to Tunesia but didn't receive much gene flow from the Maghreb as for the present day population of the Mezzogiorno. Surely the Phoenicians must've had some impact on the southern Italian peoples but this is still not proven to be a fact imo and the Phoenicians came from the Levant originally. Also the Maghreb is not considered part of the Mediterranean continuum which basically starts in the centre of the Mediterranean and ends in Cyprus.

RobinBMc
08-19-2018, 09:02 PM
23.7% italian seems about correct...my father line has been in italy for over 400 years and he gets
Europe 100.0%
South Europe 56.6%
Italian 56.6%

How is that "correct" if your dad is of entirely Italian descent and they are only giving him 56.6% in all of South Europe?

in 23andme he gets 22.7% Italian

Okay, but what other nearby areas does he get results in? Sometimes you have to look at it in broader regions, like you showed with the MyHeritage results. Does he get results in other Southern European areas like Iberian/Balkan? Does he get results in "Broadly Southern European"? Even results in "Broadly European" could be coming from his Italian ancestry, all it means is they weren't able to narrow it down further. Add all those up - what does he get?

My point with my dad's results at MyHeritage is that even if he adds up surrounding areas (like Greece), the number is then way too high. So they are either underestimating his Southern European ancestry, or overestimating it, whereas that's not happening at other companies.

so MyHeritage for my family lines are far superior than 23andme

I'm not sure how you're determining that. This just seems to support my idea that MyHeritage is estimating someone who is fully of South European descent at only about half that much, which isn't very accurate at all.

Dimanto
08-19-2018, 09:08 PM
MyHeritage has issues with mixed individuals. They usually overestimate one side and underestimate the other. Few examples to illustrate this:

Overestimation of +/- 10.5% Northwestern Euro
You may think: ''2 European ethnicities..this is impossible to split up effectively''!

This may change your mind:

Thai/North Dutch

Overestimation of +/- 7.5% Northwestern Euro

For comparison 23andme:

RobinBMc
08-19-2018, 09:26 PM
I don't think I misinterpreted what you said. The southern tip of Mezzogiorno has a close proximity to Tunesia but didn't receive much gene flow from the Maghreb as for the present population of the south. Surely the Phoenicians must've had some impact on the southern Italian people but this is still not proven to be a fact imo and the Phoenicians came from the Levant originally. Also the Maghreb is not considered part of the Mediterranean continuum which basically starts in the centre of the Mediterranean and ends in Cyprus.

Having a genetic "influence" is not the same thing as being "genetically close". Regardless, I agree I am not hugely convinced that North Africa has had any significant genetic influence on Italy. AncestryDNA's data shows no results from North Africa in the average Southern European's admixture (although Iberia does show some), and at MyHeritage, only 3.3% of Italians get results in North Africa - that's not a large amount: https://www.myheritage.com/ethnicities/italy/country-ethnicity-distribution

Dimanto
08-19-2018, 10:24 PM
This percentage seems way too low when you consider most Southern Italians score at least some of it with some exceeding acceptable percentages even for MH. I've seen multiple Southern Italians, including myself scoring significant amounts of North Africa at MH. 90% of my Italian matches at MH score more than 2% NA.

This is one of 3 different uploads with different raw data files.

At 23andme, it's not as common to score NA as it is at MH (i.e. for Southern Italians). My only explanation for this low percentage would be that most Italians that took a test at MH are of Northern/Central Italian ancestry.

Having a genetic "influence" is not the same thing as being "genetically close". Regardless, I agree I am not hugely convinced that North Africa has had any significant genetic influence on Italy. AncestryDNA's data shows no results from North Africa in the average Southern European's admixture (although Iberia does show some), and at MyHeritage, only 3.3% of Italians get results in North Africa - that's not a large amount: https://www.myheritage.com/ethnicities/italy/country-ethnicity-distribution

vettor
08-19-2018, 11:37 PM
How is that "correct" if your dad is of entirely Italian descent and they are only giving him 56.6% in all of South Europe?

Okay, but what other nearby areas does he get results in? Sometimes you have to look at it in broader regions, like you showed with the MyHeritage results. Does he get results in other Southern European areas like Iberian/Balkan? Does he get results in "Broadly Southern European"? Even results in "Broadly European" could be coming from his Italian ancestry, all it means is they weren't able to narrow it down further. Add all those up - what does he get?

My point with my dad's results at MyHeritage is that even if he adds up surrounding areas (like Greece), the number is then way too high. So they are either underestimating his Southern European ancestry, or overestimating it, whereas that's not happening at other companies.

I'm not sure how you're determining that. This just seems to support my idea that MyHeritage is estimating someone who is fully of South European descent at only about half that much, which isn't very accurate at all.

He gets 22.5% irish and
13.1% Balkans
2% ashkenazi

Its most likely that myheritage goes back 1000 years and 23andme is a waste of time

I get
Italian 70.2
Balkan 15.6
Irish 14.2

Trelvern
08-20-2018, 10:56 AM
The results of my DNA test are not accurate at all
I did my genealogy and all my ancestors on 4 centuries are Breton (Brittany)

How can I get 29.9% Scandinavian and 26.7% Iberian? (and 0% French!)

I downloaded the raw file and obtained much more convincing results (and very different) on Gedmatch and others.

Vrump
08-20-2018, 01:08 PM
I never said that. I said it has African influence and is geographically close (closer) to Africa than Germany for example

It depends on the ethnicity.

If it's only geography:

Veneto is geographically closer to North Africa than Holland, but on a PCA Venetians are far removed from North Africa.

In the same way, Austria is geographically closer to North Africa than is Sweden, yet on a PCA the Austrians are very far from North Africans.

You should have said that.

RobinBMc
08-20-2018, 01:47 PM
He gets 22.5% irish and
13.1% Balkans
2% ashkenazi

He doesn't get any Broadly categories? That's unusual. Anyway, it means his Southern European adds up to about 70%, which makes much more sense for someone who is fully Italian/Southern European. It may not be 100%, but neither do most natives of Italy.

Its most likely that myheritage goes back 1000 years and 23andme is a waste of time

Most of the companies go back around 1,000 years. 23andMe doesn't seem like a waste of time - for my 4 kits of my family, 23andMe was the most accurate.

RobinBMc
08-20-2018, 01:51 PM
This percentage seems way too low when you consider most Southern Italians score at least some of it with some exceeding acceptable percentages even for MH. I've seen multiple Southern Italians, including myself scoring significant amounts of North Africa at MH. 90% of my Italian matches at MH score more than 2% NA.

Well, those are the stats - I suppose if you feel they don't make sense, you'd have to take it up with MyHeritage.

Dimanto
08-20-2018, 11:13 PM
From the beginning MH started with integrating DNA into their system, they made lots of awful mistakes. In the absolute beginning they gave everyone completely false matches, later after they fixed their blunder, they still had lots of issues with overestimating matches. At one occasion, my grandfather matched his 2nd C 1xR for more than 150 cM and now he suddenly matches him only for 24.4 cM on 2 segments. Anyway, like I said, only 3+% of Italian users scoring NA must be caused by either not many users having Southern Italian ancestry, or their system failing to recognize users having ancestry from Italy like e.g. 23andme does. Apart from this, I think MH is very helpful for genetic genealogical research and for this I recommend it to everyone (as long as you don't actually buy the kit), although AncestryDNA is much more conservative in estimating DNA-matches and has a better system for making family trees and finding records.

Well, those are the stats - I suppose if you feel they don't make sense, you'd have to take it up with MyHeritage.

Scott
08-20-2018, 11:19 PM
So to follow up on my initial post (the one that started this thread), I do not consider my ethnicity estimate from MyHeritage to be as accurate as the one from AncestryDNA (and I consider my 23andMe estimate to be the most accurate). My ethnicity estimate from MyHeritage makes little sense given the locations of my DNA matches. Examples: I am 20.5% Iberian yet have zero matches who live in Spain or Portugal and only five who live in France. I am 11.2% Finnish yet have only a handful of Finnish matches. I am 6.1% Balkan yet have only one match who lives in that region. My 59.2% Irish/Scottish/Welsh makes a bit more sense given that I have a lot of British matches and decent number of Irish matches. Still, I should definitely be more than 0% English and 0% Northern and Western European given the location of my matches and my known ancestry.

Dimanto
08-21-2018, 07:54 PM
He doesn't get any Broadly categories? That's unusual. Anyway, it means his Southern European adds up to about 70%, which makes much more sense for someone who is fully Italian/Southern European. It may not be 100%, but neither do most natives of Italy.

Most of the companies go back around 1,000 years. 23andMe doesn't seem like a waste of time - for my 4 kits of my family, 23andMe was the most accurate.

Especially after phasing with 1 or both parents, 23andme seems very accurate.

RobinBMc
08-21-2018, 08:15 PM
From the beginning MH started with integrating DNA into their system, they made lots of awful mistakes. In the absolute beginning they gave everyone completely false matches, later after they fixed their blunder, they still had lots of issues with overestimating matches. At one occasion, my grandfather matched his 2nd C 1xR for more than 150 cM and now he suddenly matches him only for 24.4 cM on 2 segments. Anyway, like I said, only 3+% of Italian users scoring NA must be caused by either not many users having Southern Italian ancestry, or their system failing to recognize users having ancestry from Italy like e.g. 23andme does. Apart from this, I think MH is very helpful for genetic genealogical research and for this I recommend it to everyone (as long as you don't actually buy the kit), although AncestryDNA is much more conservative in estimating DNA-matches and has a better system for making family trees and finding records.

Maybe, but like I say, AncestryDNA also reports that their reference panel for Europe South (primarily Italy/Greece) gets no results in North Africa.

Also, of the calculators on Gedmatch that include a North Africa population and spreadsheet: MDLP K16's populations for Italian and Sicilian get very low amounts in North African - about 2-5%. MDLP K23b has Italians in their reference panel getting about 3-5% in North Africa. Sicilians do score a little higher on K23b though, ranging around 6-8%.

digital_noise
08-21-2018, 09:08 PM
So which one is the most accurate lol. Im 25% Italian on paper, and both AncestryDNA and 23 and Me have me at 12-15% Italian/Euro South with other components adding up to roughly 25%, like West Asian/Caucasus and Iberian, Middle East/North Africa etc...My Heritage has me at 15% and 15% Greek for the MH swab and 18% Italian and 9% Greek for the Ancestry transfer but no West Asian or Middle east.

An example of a generation closer to the Italian is my aunt who on Ancestry DNA has 33% Europe South, 14% Caucasus, 5% Iberian 4% European Jewish

Dimanto
08-21-2018, 10:45 PM
Yes, I know Southern Italians don't usually get any NA at AncestryDNA as none of myItalian cousins and other matches have it and I don't have it either. Like I said, it's MH doing something wrong here with how they set their reference or something else that might cause these abnormalities. For North Africans MH' ''Ethnicity Estimation'' seems better than AncestryDNA, as they usually score high NA. Luckily for North African they've done something good with their reference for North Africa :p

Here is my MDLP K23b and that of 3 of my cousins:

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Caucasian 30.44
2 European_Early_Farmers 27.71
3 European_Hunters_Gatherers 23.63
4 South_Central_Asian 7.36
5 Near_East 4.61
6 North_African 2.91
7 Ancestral_Altaic 2.61
8 Arctic 0.35
9 Austronesian 0.28
10 Paleo_Siberian 0.09
11 East_African 0.02

Cousin1

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Caucasian 37.81
2 European_Early_Farmers 24.72
3 European_Hunters_Gatherers 11.12
4 Near_East 10.71
5 South_Central_Asian 6.96
6 North_African 5.8
7 Paleo_Siberian 1.14
8 Tungus-Altaic 0.86
9 East_African 0.74
10 Austronesian 0.12
11 Melano_Polynesian 0.02
12 South_East_Asian 0.01

Single Population Sharing:

# Population (source) Distance
1 Sicilian_Siracusa ( ) 3.5
2 Sicilian_East ( ) 3.69
3 French_Jew ( ) 4.06

Cousin2

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Caucasian 35.27
2 European_Early_Farmers 23.39
3 European_Hunters_Gatherers 11.63
4 South_Central_Asian 9.11
5 Near_East 8.98
6 North_African 7.75
7 Arctic 1.52
8 Austronesian 0.71
9 Ancestral_Altaic 0.7
10 East_African 0.45
11 Australoid 0.41
12 Archaic_African 0.1

1 Sicilian_West ( ) 3.71
2 Sicilian_Agrigento ( ) 4.54
3 Sicilian_Trapani ( ) 5.23
4 Maltese ( ) 5.54

Cousin3

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Caucasian 36.47
2 European_Early_Farmers 24.1
3 European_Hunters_Gatherers 13.5
4 Near_East 11.45
5 North_African 7.75
6 South_Central_Asian 5.08
7 Ancestral_Altaic 0.94
8 Melano_Polynesian 0.41
9 Australoid 0.3

1 Sicilian_Agrigento ( ) 2.64
2 French_Jew ( ) 2.78
3 Sicilian_Siracusa ( ) 2.94
4 Ashkenazi_Jew ( ) 3.05
5 Maltese ( ) 3.79

I'd say 3-8% North African though as for MDLP K23b for Naples. I do notice that some have higher South Central Asian, others North African or Near Eastern so it's seem to vary from person to person.

Maybe, but like I say, AncestryDNA also reports that their reference panel for Europe South (primarily Italy/Greece) gets no results in North Africa.

Also, of the calculators on Gedmatch that include a North Africa population and spreadsheet: MDLP K16's populations for Italian and Sicilian get very low amounts in North African - about 2-5%. MDLP K23b has Italians in their reference panel getting about 3-5% in North Africa. Sicilians do score a little higher on K23b though, ranging around 6-8%.

Dimanto
08-21-2018, 10:47 PM
So which one is the most accurate lol. Im 25% Italian on paper, and both AncestryDNA and 23 and Me have me at 12-15% Italian/Euro South with other components adding up to roughly 25%, like West Asian/Caucasus and Iberian, Middle East/North Africa etc...My Heritage has me at 15% and 15% Greek for the MH swab and 18% Italian and 9% Greek for the Ancestry transfer but no West Asian or Middle east.

An example of a generation closer to the Italian is my aunt who on Ancestry DNA has 33% Europe South, 14% Caucasus, 5% Iberian 4% European Jewish

23andme with phasing hands down.

This is mine:

The Iberian score is the result of my Northwestern and Southern Italian so it seems.

Kinda similar to that of your aunt?

digital_noise
08-22-2018, 01:49 AM
23andme with phasing hands down.

This is mine:

The Iberian score is the result of my Northwestern and Southern Italian so it seems.

Kinda similar to that of your aunt?

yes very close. Regarding 23 and Me, Im phased with my mom, dad's no longer alive so cannot do that. My aunt has a test in teh works, but I dont think that will help anything really

Dimanto
08-25-2018, 12:04 AM
This is what my 2nd cousin get's (on the right):

The North African is Sephardic Jewish though but she's fully South Italian.

kingjohn
08-25-2018, 03:48 PM
cool results 😉
do all her roots from Naples ?
because usually west sicilians score the north African Moroccan sefhardi

Dimanto
08-26-2018, 12:14 AM
There's no difference between us as we have similar roots. I think it's hugely exaggerated how certain Sicilian regions would be significantly different from Campanians.

cool results ��
do all her roots from Naples ?
because usually west sicilians score the north African Moroccan sefhardi

digital_noise
08-26-2018, 09:46 PM
This is what my 2nd cousin get's (on the right):

The North African is Sephardic Jewish though but she's fully South Italian.

Some of my relatives who are full Italian have the typical 60-70% Italian/Greek/Sardinian/Iberian thing and the rest is either heavy West Asian, Heavy Middle East or Heavy North African. I have not figured out the rhyme or reason for this. The bulk of them are heavily Greek according to MH, and while I know its been proven that Southrn Italian and Islander Greek are really really close, I still dont get the naming convention MH decides to apply.

Dimanto
08-26-2018, 10:29 PM
There's no difference between us as we have similar roots. I think it's hugely exaggerated how certain Sicilian regions would be significantly different from Campanians.

Here another cousin of mine through the same line, although more distant:

Dimanto
08-26-2018, 10:43 PM
Some of my relatives who are full Italian have the typical 60-70% Italian/Greek/Sardinian/Iberian thing and the rest is either heavy West Asian, Heavy Middle East or Heavy North African. I have not figured out the rhyme or reason for this. The bulk of them are heavily Greek according to MH, and while I know its been proven that Southrn Italian and Islander Greek are really really close, I still dont get the naming convention MH decides to apply.

They need to fix their reference population for Italians, Greeks and Near Easterns for further improvement. Also I'd like to see Italians divided into at least 3 groups.

kingjohn
08-26-2018, 11:06 PM
Here another cousin of mine through the same line, although more distant:

he also score some sefhardi morocan
my heritage what will be with this company ..... :\

kingjohn
08-27-2018, 02:57 PM
full Naples woman k13

Population
North_Atlantic 21.73 like abruzzo :)
Baltic 4.14
West_Med 22.03
West_Asian 15.66
East_Med 29.18
Red_Sea 5.42
South_Asian 0.31
East_Asian -
Siberian -
Amerindian -
Oceanian 1.25
Northeast_African 0.29
Sub-Saharan -

1 Italian_Abruzzo 4.75
2 South_Italian 5.46
3 West_Sicilian 5.5

Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

# Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
1 54% Spanish_Andalucia + 46% Kurdish_Jewish @ 3.35
2 61.4% Cyprian + 38.6% Spanish_Aragon @ 3.35
3 69% Cyprian + 31% French_Basque @ 3.3

her k36

Population
Amerindian -
Arabian 3.81
Armenian 5.77
Basque 1.41
Central_African -
Central_Euro 2.53
East_African -
East_Asian -
East_Balkan 5.96
East_Central_Asian -
East_Central_Euro -
East_Med 17.28
Eastern_Euro -
Fennoscandian -
French 2.15
Iberian 10.96
Indo-Chinese -
Italian 20.16
Malayan -
Near_Eastern 9.95
North_African -
North_Atlantic 5.30
North_Caucasian 1.11
North_Sea 2.03
Northeast_African -
Oceanian 0.15
Omotic -
Pygmy -
Siberian -
South_Asian -
South_Central_Asian -
South_Chinese -
Volga-Ural -
West_African -
West_Caucasian 5.79
West_Med 5.64

Dimanto
08-30-2018, 12:03 PM
Just another somewhat more distant cousin from Naples:

Dimanto
08-30-2018, 12:05 PM
I have more than 5 people to compare against whom are all related to me. I also know their genealogy up to their great grandparents and in some cases even further. None of them has Abruzzo as a 1st population, so this person must be an outlier. From where in Naples are her grandparents from?

full Naples woman k13

Population
North_Atlantic 21.73 like abruzzo :)
Baltic 4.14
West_Med 22.03
West_Asian 15.66
East_Med 29.18
Red_Sea 5.42
South_Asian 0.31
East_Asian -
Siberian -
Amerindian -
Oceanian 1.25
Northeast_African 0.29
Sub-Saharan -

1 Italian_Abruzzo 4.75
2 South_Italian 5.46
3 West_Sicilian 5.5

1 54% Spanish_Andalucia + 46% Kurdish_Jewish @ 3.35
2 61.4% Cyprian + 38.6% Spanish_Aragon @ 3.35
3 69% Cyprian + 31% French_Basque @ 3.3

her k36

Population
Amerindian -
Arabian 3.81
Armenian 5.77
Basque 1.41
Central_African -
Central_Euro 2.53
East_African -
East_Asian -
East_Balkan 5.96
East_Central_Asian -
East_Central_Euro -
East_Med 17.28
Eastern_Euro -
Fennoscandian -
French 2.15
Iberian 10.96
Indo-Chinese -
Italian 20.16
Malayan -
Near_Eastern 9.95
North_African -
North_Atlantic 5.30
North_Caucasian 1.11
North_Sea 2.03
Northeast_African -
Oceanian 0.15
Omotic -
Pygmy -
Siberian -
South_Asian -
South_Central_Asian -
South_Chinese -
Volga-Ural -
West_African -
West_Caucasian 5.79
West_Med 5.64

Dimanto
08-30-2018, 12:14 PM

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 East_Med 31.85
2 West_Med 22.63
3 North_Atlantic 16.56
4 West_Asian 13.35
5 Baltic 9.07
6 Red_Sea 6.14
7 Northeast_African 0.21
8 Oceanian 0.14
9 South_Asian 0.05

1 East_Sicilian 2.62
2 South_Italian 3.46
3 Central_Greek 3.5
4 Ashkenazi 5.75
5 West_Sicilian 5.78
6 Italian_Abruzzo 6.8
7 Italian_Jewish 8.64
8 Algerian_Jewish 8.66
9 Sephardic_Jewish 8.75
10 Greek_Thessaly 9.39
11 Tuscan 11.98
12 Tunisian_Jewish 12.72
13 Libyan_Jewish 13.43
14 Cyprian 15.12
15 Bulgarian 18.24
16 North_Italian 18.36
17 Lebanese_Muslim 19.02
18 Syrian 20.1
19 Romanian 20.37
20 Turkish 21.03

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 East_Med 32.67
2 West_Med 21.06
3 North_Atlantic 16.35
4 West_Asian 14.49
5 Baltic 7.88
6 Red_Sea 5.51
7 Sub-Saharan 0.99
8 Amerindian 0.98
9 Northeast_African 0.08

1 South_Italian 2.74
2 East_Sicilian 3.34
3 Central_Greek 4.13
4 Ashkenazi 5.58
5 West_Sicilian 6.67
6 Italian_Abruzzo 7.04
7 Sephardic_Jewish 7.69
8 Italian_Jewish 7.98
9 Algerian_Jewish 8.23
10 Greek_Thessaly 10.53
11 Tunisian_Jewish 11.73
12 Libyan_Jewish 12.59
13 Tuscan 13.16
14 Cyprian 13.87
15 Lebanese_Muslim 17.51
16 Syrian 18.75
17 Bulgarian 19.18
18 Turkish 19.6
19 North_Italian 19.6
20 Samaritan 20.62

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 East_Med 28.5
2 West_Med 21.15
3 North_Atlantic 18.17
4 West_Asian 15.09
5 Baltic 7.29
6 Red_Sea 6.14
7 East_Asian 1.72
8 Northeast_African 1.2
9 South_Asian 0.45
10 Oceanian 0.29

1 East_Sicilian 3.24
2 Central_Greek 3.81
3 South_Italian 4.3
4 Italian_Abruzzo 4.5
5 West_Sicilian 5.11
6 Ashkenazi 8.11
7 Greek_Thessaly 9.47
8 Sephardic_Jewish 9.71
9 Italian_Jewish 10.45
10 Algerian_Jewish 10.8
11 Tuscan 10.97
12 Tunisian_Jewish 13.87
13 Libyan_Jewish 14.44
14 Cyprian 16.67
15 North_Italian 17.1
16 Bulgarian 17.79
17 Lebanese_Muslim 19.37
18 Turkish 19.4
19 Romanian 19.59
20 Syrian 20.25

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 East_Med 30.04
2 West_Med 23.6
3 North_Atlantic 18.12
4 West_Asian 15.3
5 Red_Sea 5.35
6 Baltic 4.58
7 Northeast_African 0.83
8 Oceanian 0.72
9 Amerindian 0.57
10 South_Asian 0.54
11 Siberian 0.28
12 East_Asian 0.06

1 South_Italian 2.61
2 East_Sicilian 5.07
3 West_Sicilian 5.71
4 Central_Greek 5.71
5 Italian_Abruzzo 6.37
6 Sephardic_Jewish 8.56
7 Italian_Jewish 9.08
8 Ashkenazi 9.39
9 Algerian_Jewish 9.52
10 Tuscan 11.81
11 Greek_Thessaly 12
12 Tunisian_Jewish 13
13 Libyan_Jewish 13.62
14 Cyprian 15.69
15 North_Italian 17.99
16 Lebanese_Muslim 19.18
17 Turkish 20.2
18 Syrian 20.31
19 Bulgarian 20.62
20 Romanian 22.41

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 East_Med 28.78
2 West_Med 24.51
3 North_Atlantic 19.7
4 West_Asian 15.19
5 Red_Sea 6.03
6 Baltic 3.86
7 Amerindian 0.87
8 Sub-Saharan 0.46
9 Siberian 0.38
10 Northeast_African 0.21

1 South_Italian 4.55
2 West_Sicilian 5.75
3 Italian_Abruzzo 6.38
4 East_Sicilian 6.54
5 Central_Greek 7.01
6 Sephardic_Jewish 9.76
7 Italian_Jewish 10.54
8 Algerian_Jewish 10.91
9 Tuscan 10.92
10 Ashkenazi 11.02
11 Greek_Thessaly 12.53
12 Tunisian_Jewish 14.37
13 Libyan_Jewish 15
14 North_Italian 16.84
15 Cyprian 17.37
16 Lebanese_Muslim 20.79
17 Bulgarian 20.89
18 Turkish 21.43
19 Syrian 21.75
20 Romanian 22.46

1 69.8% Cyprian + 30.2% French_Basque @ 1.64
2 58.3% Cyprian + 41.7% Spanish_Andalucia @ 2.6
3 62.6% Cyprian + 37.4% Spanish_Aragon @ 2.68
4 91.7% South_Italian + 8.3% French_Basque @ 2.77
5 60.6% Cyprian + 39.4% Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha @ 2.77
6 62.6% Cyprian + 37.4% Spanish_Cantabria @ 3.03
7 89.6% South_Italian + 10.4% Spanish_Aragon @ 3.09
8 87.9% South_Italian + 12.1% Spanish_Andalucia @ 3.11
9 88.9% South_Italian + 11.1% Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha @ 3.15
10 58% Cyprian + 42% Spanish_Extremadura @ 3.2
11 88% South_Italian + 12% Spanish_Extremadura @ 3.22
12 64.1% Cyprian + 35.9% Southwest_French @ 3.26
13 90% South_Italian + 10% Spanish_Cantabria @ 3.26
14 88.8% South_Italian + 11.2% Spanish_Murcia @ 3.31
15 90.8% South_Italian + 9.2% Southwest_French @ 3.34
16 89.7% South_Italian + 10.3% Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon @ 3.38
17 89.5% South_Italian + 10.5% Spanish_Valencia @ 3.41
18 89.6% South_Italian + 10.4% Spanish_Galicia @ 3.44
19 89.2% South_Italian + 10.8% Portuguese @ 3.47
20 90.1% South_Italian + 9.9% Spanish_Cataluna @ 3.47

Only one of these samples whom are all cousins in various degrees, was born in the US and I have his family tree going back to 1830. The rest were all born in Naples; number 2 has one parent from Caserta.

Jojjo450
08-30-2018, 01:36 PM
I actually got 1.9% Italian in my MyHeritage-results, along with 93.2% Scandinavian and 4.9% Baltic. I had 8% Eastern European in my AncestryDNA result too before the newest update (a week ago?) and then it most likely turned into Germanic Europe.

No Southern European in my FTDNA or AncestryDNA-results. Still waiting for my 23andme and LivingDNA results.

I have no documented ancestors of Italian origin (that I know of), but quite a few people on my paternal grandpa/grandmas side have had quite dark complexions. Tanned easily, dark brown/black sometimes curly hair, and dark brown eyes. My father has been mistaken for a Greek/Middle Eastern person several times. I am a bit puzzled as to where this is from. I have medium brown curly hair and dark brown eyes too, but I don't tan that easily.

Here's my K36 results

Population

Central_Euro 10.81
East_Balkan 1.37
East_Central_Euro 9.85
Eastern_Euro 7.44
Fennoscandian 16.73
French 3.11
Iberian 11.91
Italian 6.72
North_Atlantic 14.99
North_Sea 17.07

and K13 results

Population
North_Atlantic 47.39
Baltic 31.85
West_Med 10.52
West_Asian 4.03
East_Med 0.91
Red_Sea 1.79
South_Asian 2.00
Siberian 0.48
Amerindian 0.89
Oceanian 0.13

kingjohn
08-30-2018, 04:45 PM
I have more than 5 people to compare against whom are all related to me. I also know their genealogy up to their great grandparents and in some cases even further. None of them has Abruzzo as a 1st population, so this person must be an outlier. From where in Naples are her grandparents from?

this is a gedmatch kit uploaded by american woman who her mother was from italy
her mother roots :

Sparaco Naples, Napoli, Campania, Italy
Sorrentino Carbonara di Nola, Campania, Italy

p.s
the first and the second are pretty close to my eurogenes k13 values

Dimanto
09-02-2018, 12:48 AM
I don't think she counts if only one parent came from Naples. The ones I posted are either directly from Naples or both their parents (in case of one 80 y.o lady).
I do think they're pretty close though, except for the North Atlantic, which is higher in the one you posted.

this is a gedmatch kit uploaded by american woman who her mother was from italy
her mother roots :

Sparaco Naples, Napoli, Campania, Italy
Sorrentino Carbonara di Nola, Campania, Italy

p.s
the first and the second are pretty close to my eurogenes k13 values

kingjohn
09-02-2018, 06:14 AM
I don't think she counts if only one parent came from Naples. The ones I posted are either directly from Naples or both their parents (in case of one 80 y.o lady).
I do think they're pretty close though, except for the North Atlantic, which is higher in the one you posted.

she count you didn't understand the woman who uploaded the kit is indeed half naples
but her mother gedmatch results are the one i posted {and her mother is full }

and yes she got more north atlantic {celtic stuff}like abruzzo...

Dimanto
09-02-2018, 04:57 PM
I see. Where is the uploader's other side from?

she count you didn't understand the woman who uploaded the kit is indeed half naples
but her mother gedmatch results are the one i posted {and her mother is full }

and yes she got more north atlantic {celtic stuff}like abruzzo...

kingjohn
09-02-2018, 05:08 PM
I see. Where is the uploader's other side from?

dont remember :\
i think it was
west europe or britain

Dimanto
09-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Is it possible to compare my results with hers? We should have similar results considering my Dutch and Campanian ancestry being similar.

dont remember :\
i think it was
west europe or britain

kingjohn
09-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Is it possible to compare my results with hers? We should have similar results considering my Dutch and Campanian ancestry being similar.

i sent you now private mail the full naples woman gedmatch kit number
from her you can reach the daughter

Dimanto
09-02-2018, 09:36 PM
i sent you now private mail the full naples woman gedmatch kit number
from her you can reach the daughter

Thank you John, I appreciate it! As expected we're very similar :) Her North Atlantic is a few points higher and my West Med is a few points higher.

Her daughter [Northwestern Euro/Campanian]:

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 North_Atlantic 39.75
2 East_Med 16.1
3 West_Med 15.87
4 Baltic 12.31
5 West_Asian 11.74
6 Red_Sea 2.74
7 Oceanian 0.77
8 East_Asian 0.36
9 Northeast_African 0.23
10 South_Asian 0.13

1 French 9.89
2 Spanish_Cataluna 12.13
3 Portuguese 12.14
4 West_German 12.41
5 North_Italian 12.48
6 Spanish_Murcia 12.9
7 Spanish_Extremadura 12.98
8 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon 13.14
9 South_Dutch 13.36
10 Spanish_Galicia 13.44
11 Spanish_Valencia 13.9
12 Spanish_Andalucia 14.43
13 Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha 14.55
14 Tuscan 15.34
15 Spanish_Cantabria 15.85
16 Spanish_Aragon 16.64
17 Romanian 17.33
18 Serbian 17.38
19 Southwest_French 17.42
20 Austrian 17.62

1 52% Italian_Abruzzo + 48% West_Scottish @ 4.19
2 59.4% West_Scottish + 40.6% Sephardic_Jewish @ 4.19
3 61.6% Southwest_English + 38.4% Sephardic_Jewish @ 4.34
4 59.6% Irish + 40.4% Sephardic_Jewish @ 4.34
5 50.3% Southwest_English + 49.7% Italian_Abruzzo @ 4.34
6 67.6% Southwest_English + 32.4% Cyprian @ 4.48
7 70.3% Southwest_English + 29.7% Lebanese_Druze @ 4.5
8 71.2% Southwest_English + 28.8% Lebanese_Christian @ 4.54
9 55.8% West_Scottish + 44.2% South_Italian @ 4.54
10 51.9% Italian_Abruzzo + 48.1% Irish @ 4.58
11 68.4% Southwest_English + 31.6% Lebanese_Muslim @ 4.62
12 59.8% West_Scottish + 40.2% Italian_Jewish @ 4.7
13 65.6% West_Scottish + 34.4% Cyprian @ 4.76
14 60.1% Irish + 39.9% Italian_Jewish @ 4.8
15 51.8% Southeast_English + 48.2% Italian_Abruzzo @ 4.85
16 58.1% Southwest_English + 41.9% South_Italian @ 4.87
17 56% Irish + 44% South_Italian @ 4.94
18 71.4% Southwest_English + 28.6% Kurdish_Jewish @ 4.97
19 64.9% Southwest_English + 35.1% Tunisian_Jewish @ 5
20 63.1% Southeast_English + 36.9% Sephardic_Jewish @ 5

Me (north Naples and eastern Vesuviano/North Dutch):

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 North_Atlantic 37.26
2 West_Med 18.4
3 East_Med 16.48
4 Baltic 12.54
5 West_Asian 11.6
6 Red_Sea 2.52
7 Siberian 0.82
8 Amerindian 0.25
9 Northeast_African 0.13

1 North_Italian 9.61
2 French 10.17
3 Portuguese 10.72
4 Spanish_Cataluna 11.09
5 Spanish_Extremadura 11.36
6 Spanish_Murcia 11.62
7 Spanish_Galicia 12.01
8 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon 12.07
9 Spanish_Valencia 12.54
10 Spanish_Andalucia 12.73
11 Tuscan 12.74
12 Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha 13.25
13 West_German 13.44
14 South_Dutch 14.33
15 Spanish_Cantabria 14.69
16 Romanian 15.52
17 Spanish_Aragon 15.69
18 Serbian 16.1
19 Southwest_French 16.18
20 Italian_Abruzzo 16.95

1 54.8% Italian_Abruzzo + 45.2% Southwest_English @ 2.87
2 53.6% Southwest_English + 46.4% South_Italian @ 3.17
3 57.1% Italian_Abruzzo + 42.9% West_Scottish @ 3.21
4 51.3% West_Scottish + 48.7% South_Italian @ 3.27
5 81.6% French + 18.4% Armenian @ 3.27
6 56.9% Italian_Abruzzo + 43.1% Irish @ 3.55
7 81.9% French + 18.1% Assyrian @ 3.63
8 51.5% Irish + 48.5% South_Italian @ 3.63
9 53.6% Italian_Abruzzo + 46.4% Southeast_English @ 3.64
10 64.5% Southwest_English + 35.5% Cyprian @ 3.7
11 82.1% French + 17.9% Georgian_Jewish @ 3.75
12 56.3% Italian_Abruzzo + 43.7% Orcadian @ 3.78
13 82.5% French + 17.5% Kurdish_Jewish @ 3.85
14 58% Southwest_English + 42% Sephardic_Jewish @ 3.88
15 78.5% French + 21.5% Turkish @ 3.94
16 54.8% West_Sicilian + 45.2% West_Scottish @ 3.95
17 63.8% French + 36.2% Italian_Abruzzo @ 3.96
18 82.5% French + 17.5% Iranian_Jewish @ 3.99
19 54.9% Southeast_English + 45.1% South_Italian @ 4
20 52.2% Orcadian + 47.8% South_Italian @ 4.03

Mom (North Dutch):

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 North_Atlantic 54.04
2 Baltic 24.4
3 West_Med 9.72
4 West_Asian 8.09
5 East_Med 1.88
6 Amerindian 1.06
7 South_Asian 0.42
8 Siberian 0.26
9 Northeast_African 0.05
10 Sub-Saharan 0.05
11 Oceanian 0.03

1 Irish 3.48
2 West_Scottish 3.61
3 North_Dutch 4.55
4 Orcadian 4.64
5 Danish 5.02

Me and sample with similar ancestry Dodecad k12b:

Sample:

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Atlantic_Med 33.92
2 North_European 28.61
3 Caucasus 19.48
4 Gedrosia 10.16
5 Southwest_Asian 7.71
6 East_African 0.12

1 N_Italian (Dodecad) 9.79
2 O_Italian (Dodecad) 10.87
3 North_Italian (HGDP) 12.86
4 TSI30 (Metspalu) 13.48
5 Tuscan (HGDP) 14.69
6 Romanians (Behar) 15.23
7 Bulgarian (Dodecad) 15.91
8 C_Italian (Dodecad) 16.33
9 Bulgarians (Yunusbayev) 16.42
10 French (Dodecad) 16.55
11 French (HGDP) 16.55
12 Baleares (1000Genomes) 17.36
13 Galicia (1000Genomes) 17.48
14 Extremadura (1000Genomes) 18.04
15 Portuguese (Dodecad) 18.51
16 Greek (Dodecad) 19.66
17 Mixed_Germanic (Dodecad) 20.06
18 Cataluna (1000Genomes) 20.2
19 Murcia (1000Genomes) 20.41
20 Castilla_Y_Leon (1000Genomes) 20.67

1 73.6% French (Dodecad) + 26.4% Georgia_Jews (Behar) @ 1.13
2 60% Irish (Dodecad) + 40% Cypriots (Behar) @ 1.24
3 59.8% Orcadian (HGDP) + 40.2% Cypriots (Behar) @ 1.29
4 73.6% French (HGDP) + 26.4% Georgia_Jews (Behar) @ 1.42
5 60.5% Argyll (1000Genomes) + 39.5% Cypriots (Behar) @ 1.43
6 61.3% British (Dodecad) + 38.7% Cypriots (Behar) @ 1.53

Me:

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Atlantic_Med 35.16
2 North_European 27.57
3 Caucasus 21.55
4 Gedrosia 8.96
5 Southwest_Asian 6.49
6 East_Asian 0.25
7 East_African 0.02

1 N_Italian (Dodecad) 7.46
2 O_Italian (Dodecad) 8.85
3 North_Italian (HGDP) 10.66
4 TSI30 (Metspalu) 11.06
5 Tuscan (HGDP) 12.26
6 C_Italian (Dodecad) 14.25
7 Romanians (Behar) 15.03
8 Bulgarian (Dodecad) 15.59
9 Bulgarians (Yunusbayev) 15.8
10 Baleares (1000Genomes) 16.32
11 Galicia (1000Genomes) 16.92
12 French (HGDP) 17.13
13 French (Dodecad) 17.26
14 Extremadura (1000Genomes) 17.5
15 Greek (Dodecad) 18.06
16 Portuguese (Dodecad) 18.12
17 Murcia (1000Genomes) 19.66
18 Cataluna (1000Genomes) 19.74
19 Castilla_Y_Leon (1000Genomes) 20.01
20 Spaniards (Behar) 20.14

1 60.1% Cornwall (1000Genomes) + 39.9% Cypriots (Behar) @ 1.31
2 72.7% French (HGDP) + 27.3% Armenian (Dodecad) @ 1.54
3 75.1% O_Italian (Dodecad) + 24.9% Argyll (1000Genomes) @ 1.6
4 59.4% British (Dodecad) + 40.6% Cypriots (Behar) @ 1.64
5 53% S_Italian_Sicilian (Dodecad) + 47% CEU30 (1000Genomes) @ 1.78

Dimanto
07-10-2019, 03:33 PM
yes very close. Regarding 23 and Me, Im phased with my mom, dad's no longer alive so cannot do that. My aunt has a test in teh works, but I dont think that will help anything really

This is the updated Beta for my paternal uncle: 31589

Interestingly enough all the Northwestern Euro he scores is on his X-chromosome, not sure how accurate it is though as in the previous version he scored not even 0.1% Northwestern Europe but the West Asian was less than half of what it is now.