PDA

View Full Version : L1'2'3'4'5'6 haplogroup

bryan
07-30-2017, 12:52 PM
According to Wegene I belong to L1'2'3'4'5'6 MTDNA haplogoup. Can I take it as a guarantee or should I apply for a MTDNA analysis in other companies like FTDNA?
However It stated my Y-dna is G2a2a1a which is accurate for sure.

Wegene says about my MTDNA:

Haplogroup: Haplogroup L1, sister group of Haplogroup L2-L6, subclade of Haplogroup L1-L6
Region: Middle Africa
Distribution: Middle Africa and West Africa
Population: Pygmy and Baka
People in this haplogroup: Nelson Mandela

So is it possible my mtdna survived a journey from South Africa to Europe without mutation? That's would be quite interesting if true. :)

Picture

http://i.imgur.com/391cXFe.png

GailT
07-31-2017, 05:41 AM
It seems more likely they only tested part of the mtDNA genome and were not able to predict your subclade. Did they provide a list of mtDNA mutations? It might be possible to predict your subclade by comparing the results to Phylotree.

bryan
07-31-2017, 09:22 AM
It seems more likely they only tested part of the mtDNA genome and were not able to predict your subclade. Did they provide a list of mtDNA mutations? It might be possible to predict your subclade by comparing the results to Phylotree.

They only provided me this map and said about my mtdna haplogroup the following:

Haplogroup: Haplogroup L1, sister group of Haplogroup L2-L6, subclade of Haplogroup L1-L6

I also wrote an e-mail to the Staff but they still haven't responded.

GailT
07-31-2017, 06:58 PM
Sounds like they identified you as L1 but did not test enough of the coding region to identify a more specific subclade of L1. You will need to test the full mtDNA sequence to get a more specific result, and that could also help estimate how long ago your subclade of L1 left Africa. FTDNA offers a mtDNA full sequence test, and the Full Genome Corp Full Y test also includes the mtDNA full sequence.

bryan
07-31-2017, 07:52 PM
Sounds like they identified you as L1 but did not test enough of the coding region to identify a more specific subclade of L1. You will need to test the full mtDNA sequence to get a more specific result, and that could also help estimate how long ago your subclade of L1 left Africa. FTDNA offers a mtDNA full sequence test, and the Full Genome Corp Full Y test also includes the mtDNA full sequence.

As I checked L1 haplogroup and generally it's subgroups are very rare outside of Africa so I might be an unicorn.

Kale
08-01-2017, 02:04 AM
Well L1'2'3'4'5'6 includes L3, which includes N, which includes ~100% of European mtdna lineages...if it's bad resolution, then most likely your real result would be nothing out of the ordinary. If the current designation is accurate, that is astounding.

crossover
08-01-2017, 03:53 AM
According to Wegene I belong to L1'2'3'4'5'6 MTDNA haplogoup. Can I take it as a guarantee or should I apply for a MTDNA analysis in other companies like FTDNA?
However It stated my Y-dna is G2a2a1a which is accurate for sure.

Wegene says about my MTDNA:

So is it possible my mtdna survived a journey from South Africa to Europe without mutation? That's would be quite interesting if true. :)

Picture

http://i.imgur.com/391cXFe.png

my grandoa's half brother(same mom different dad) got that result of wegene. based on the research i did, more than likely the ancestrydna raw data file didn't provide enough snps on mtdna for wegene to make an accurate prediction on the haplogroup. i don't think anyone can get a macrohaplogroup. but given he is mexican, i wouldn't be surprised if mtdna haplogroup were actually one of the l's but just not l'1'2'3'4'5'6.

Kurumim
08-01-2017, 05:39 PM
wegene is not good at predicting mtdna.