PDA

View Full Version : Andamanese D* finally resolved

Passa
07-30-2017, 05:50 PM
The new version of YFull's haplotree is out. One of the most interesting updates to the tree is represented by the solution of the Andamanese D* riddle (I know for certain that the 5 samples are Andamanese).

Here's the relevant tree: https://yfull.com/tree/D/

Their sub-clade, D-Y34637, underwent a huge bottleneck (the TMRCA is only 4500 ybp).

Apparently the earliest split is between the Filipino branch and all others. I wonder if there's any chance to find a link between the former and a Paleolithic Sundaland archaeological horizon.

Ebizur
07-30-2017, 06:12 PM
To which subgroup of the Andamanese do those individuals belong? Are they all e.g. Onges, or are there representatives of several groups?

Passa
07-30-2017, 06:21 PM
To which subgroup of the Andamanese do those individuals belong? Are they all e.g. Onges, or are there representatives of several groups?

I don't know this, but I know that all results ever published showed that Onge and Jarawa were 100% D*, while Great Andamanese were devoid of it. So I suspect the samples to be Onge.

Nasser
08-13-2017, 07:22 AM
Interesting ..off topic but where did the E and its brother D split was it in Africa or the Middle East? Since some suspect that E was the result of the out of Africa back migration into Africa

Squad
09-10-2017, 08:31 AM
How do you actually know for sure that they are andamanese samples ??? I mean yes the age is young but it is not actual proof, it still could be mainland asian D* for all we know...