PDA

View Full Version : Newbie and have a question...

samhain23
08-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post and am new in general to DNA research. I had my AncestryDNA done and was able to get the raw data and covert it so I know what my YDNA is I think:-) and I also know you cant find out MTDNA out of it. But on GEDmatch I found my cousin has his info on there and he had his MTDNA info on there. He is my grandmother's sister's son. They are identical twin sisters so am I correct in my rudimentary understanding me and my cousin have the same MTDNA?

MacUalraig
08-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post and am new in general to DNA research. I had my AncestryDNA done and was able to get the raw data and covert it so I know what my YDNA is I think:-) and I also know you cant find out MTDNA out of it. But on GEDmatch I found my cousin has his info on there and he had his MTDNA info on there. He is my grandmother's sister's son. They are identical twin sisters so am I correct in my rudimentary understanding me and my cousin have the same MTDNA?

Assuming you refer to your maternal grandmother yes.

samhain23
08-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Yep that is correct. All on my mothers side. Thanks for letting me know. I thought it was but didnt want to assume anything since I just started.