PDA

View Full Version : Just French? Question about my results

ianz91
09-27-2017, 10:56 AM
Is it normal to score just one European ethnicity on Wegene? I am a White American of mixed European ancestry so I am really confused. I only score French.

Here are my results

mwauthy
09-27-2017, 07:42 PM
Is it normal to score just one European ethnicity on Wegene? I am a White American of mixed European ancestry so I am really confused. I only score French.

Here are my results

I could be wrong but based on my own results French seems to be similar to the Northwestern European category on DNA Land, Wegene, and Gencove. My "Spanish" percentage was similar to the Southwestern European category. I received a few other categories as well.

It is odd that you only received one category. I would deduce that it means you are primarily northwestern European.

ianz91
09-28-2017, 02:28 AM
I could be wrong but based on my own results French seems to be similar to the Northwestern European category on DNA Land, Wegene, and Gencove. My "Spanish" percentage was similar to the Southwestern European category. I received a few other categories as well.

It is odd that you only received one category. I would deduce that it means you are primarily northwestern European.

Thank you for the information. Also thank you for mentioning Gencove, never heard of it before, I'm looking into it now :)