PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know who is curating South Asian kits on GEDmatch Genesis?

therrien.joel
10-04-2017, 01:34 AM
I am trying to see if anyone happens to know the person who seems to have put up a series of kits for South Asians on GEDmatch Genesis. I have already tried emailing the individual but have not gotten any response. These kits are labelled like this: "*PUNJABI LAHORE 08" on the off chance you have run across them.

I'm interested in finding out some more info on those kits if possible because I have a few that match me at around the 7cM range.

So if anyone happens to know who is curating them I'd love to find out. Thanks!

chelle
10-04-2017, 10:04 AM
I am trying to see if anyone happens to know the person who seems to have put up a series of kits for South Asians on GEDmatch Genesis. I have already tried emailing the individual but have not gotten any response. These kits are labelled like this: "*PUNJABI LAHORE 08" on the off chance you have run across them.

I'm interested in finding out some more info on those kits if possible because I have a few that match me at around the 7cM range.

So if anyone happens to know who is curating them I'd love to find out. Thanks!

I believe it was Khanabadoshi. There is an entry on here somewhere with all the various group gedmatch genesis kit numbers.

nuplix
10-04-2017, 01:16 PM
http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?10906-KHANABADOSHI-Calculator-Results/page9

therrien.joel
10-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Thanks!

chelle
10-04-2017, 08:41 PM
I spent the entire day on there yesterday writing down which of the kits my dad matched. Now it is only 5:30 in the morning and I have already been back at it looking up all about the different matches. 31 total between 7.5-7.7 generation distance, 11 of which are the Punjabi Lahore ones. I am so grateful for him taking the time and dedication to categorize and list all of those.

therrien.joel
10-05-2017, 01:05 AM
I spent the entire day on there yesterday writing down which of the kits my dad matched. Now it is only 5:30 in the morning and I have already been back at it looking up all about the different matches. 31 total between 7.5-7.7 generation distance, 11 of which are the Punjabi Lahore ones. I am so grateful for him taking the time and dedication to categorize and list all of those.

Cool! That's very nice. On Genesis I found 18 matches. Yes, can really suck you in eh? :P

chelle
10-05-2017, 03:18 AM
Cool! That's very nice. On Genesis I found 18 matches. Yes, can really suck you in eh? :P

Yup. ;)

chelle
10-05-2017, 05:49 AM
Wow. So I went and uploaded my mom's kit to genesis and she got 20 matches with the uploaded kits. She has a three way tie in Tajik, Punjabi and Brahui matches with 5 each, 2 Hazara PK, 1 Pathan, 1 Parsi Indian and 1 Baloch. Very interesting. I am definitely sucked in. haha I am going to need a lot of coffee. I have now finally gotten around to uploading my ancestry and 23andme kits. So now I am going to go see what matches I get on those and my LivingDNA kit. If you don't see me on here by tomorrow send a search party or more coffee. ha Good luck on your research, Joel and everyone else.

AJL
10-05-2017, 11:06 PM
Moved to Open-Source Projects.

therrien.joel
10-07-2017, 01:23 AM
Moved to Open-Source Projects.

Thanks. Wasn't entirely sure where it should have been posted to.

AJL
10-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Not a problem.