View Full Version : My results - Spaniard

agil
10-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Autosomal DNA (in all confidence modes):

My Y-DNA (R-Z225):

My MtDNA (U5a1c1):

lilac9
10-04-2017, 08:43 PM
So 100% Iberian? Really? I know I am not full Spaniard but 17% of my Euro went to other Euro regions.

agil
10-04-2017, 08:54 PM
So 100% Iberian? Really? I know I am not full Spaniard but 17% of my Euro went to other Euro regions.

I was thinking the same. My family is from different parts of (1/4 Cádiz, 2/4 Córdoba, 1/4 Burgos) and even the mtDNA Haplogroup does not even exist in these regions, yet I got 100% iberian in all confidences.

lilac9
10-04-2017, 08:59 PM
I was thinking the same. My family is from different parts of (1/4 Cádiz, 2/4 Córdoba, 1/4 Burgos) and even the mtDNA Haplogroup does not even exist in these regions, yet I got 100% iberian in all confidences.

Maybe they are using an Andalusian reference sample?

agil
10-04-2017, 09:30 PM

That'd explain 3/4 and Andalusia is pretty big ; Cordoba and Cadiz are pretty far away from eachother.

I don't know how they calculate it honestly.

Here is an album with my other results

https://imgur.com/a/1xoBh

sktibo
10-04-2017, 09:50 PM
That'd explain 3/4 and Andalusia is pretty big ; Cordoba and Cadiz are pretty far away from eachother.

Very interesting results, thank you for linking that imgur album. It's interesting to see Living DNA didn't assign you any British Isles at all, usually everyone gets at least some.

Jessie
10-05-2017, 05:01 AM
Very interesting results, thank you for linking that imgur album. It's interesting to see Living DNA didn't assign you any British Isles at all, usually everyone gets at least some.

In fact that is a positive that someone doesn't get British Isles results.

sktibo
10-05-2017, 07:03 AM
In fact that is a positive that someone doesn't get British Isles results.

indeed!

kingjohn
10-05-2017, 07:17 AM

did you do the k12 ancient test in geneplazza ?
should be extremely interesting to see your results in this test
regards
adam

evon
10-05-2017, 08:53 AM

I see you got the same U5 coverage map as me, which suggest that the map coverage is based on U5 only and not sub-groups such as U5b or U5a.

Pylsteen
10-05-2017, 09:48 AM
I see you got the same U5 coverage map as me, which suggest that the map coverage is based on U5 only and not sub-groups such as U5b or U5a.

Yup all maps are based on "your haplogroup", and not "your subclade". Some seem problematic though, like DF27.

agil
10-05-2017, 05:41 PM
did you do the k12 ancient test in geneplazza ?
should be extremely interesting to see your results in this test
regards
adam

Yes, I did.

https://imgur.com/a/pSg8u

What do you think? This is the only calculator that gives me subsaharian (!!!)

kingjohn
10-05-2017, 05:54 PM
very intresting :)
results looks logical to your origin :
huge west european farmers
0% neolithic chl iran { logical considering the location of iberia should be low there}
the african is also logical i saw a results of a guy who lives in london both his parents from galicia spain and he scored 4.5% east african
in your case you aslo score some west african { my father and brother to }
this galician guy scored only 0.5% whg
while in your case it is there in 5.6% so this is the main difference between you and him .
thanks for sharing
adam

p.s

in my opinion the west african component could arrived during the moorish ocupation from moroco .

lilac9
10-05-2017, 06:26 PM
very intresting :)
results looks logical to your origin :
huge west european farmers
0% neolithic chl iran { logical considering the location of iberia should be low there}
the african is also logical i saw a results of a guy who lives in london both his parents from galicia spain and he scored 4.5% east african
in your case you aslo score some west african { my father and brother to }
this galician guy scored only 0.5% whg
while in your case it is there in 5.6% so this is the main difference between you and him .
thanks for sharing
adam

p.s

in my opinion the west african component could arrived during the moorish ocupation from moroco .

Interesting! I didn't know that calculator had an African component to it! Maybe I will test then! I am confused though. Isn't that calculator for ancient origins? Why is the african found considered modern?

kingjohn
10-05-2017, 06:46 PM
only 5 euro ......... { after we all spend som much money on some test who were a joke i think kurd calculator worth it}
i think the galician had low whg because of some kind of isolation
i think most spaniards will score the extra whg component in this test :)
in modern tests like ftdna my origins , 23 and me and ancestery by dna
many time the sub sharan is hiding under the south west asian component it is part opf the south west asian component structure .
in this admixture calculator of kurd the compare your autosomal raw data to ancient reference who lacked those african elments that today are part of the modern southwest asian refernces in modern tests
best regarsd
adam

lilac9
10-05-2017, 06:51 PM
only 5 euro ......... { after we all spend som much money on some test who were a joke i think kurd calculator worth it}
i think the galician had low whg because of some kind of isolation
i think most spaniards will score the extra whg component in this test :)
in modern tests like ftdna my origins , 23 and me and ancestery by dna
many time the sub sharan is hiding under the south west asian component it is part opf the south west asian component structure .
in this admixture calculator of kurd the compare your autosomal raw data to ancient reference who lacked those african elments that today are part of the modern southwest asian refernces in modern tests
best regarsd
adam

The explanation for the SSA can be found on the calculator. It says the following:

"Since the percentages of NE/SE Asian and SSA with this test reflect your TOTAL admixture from those respective areas, your results with this calculator may not be directly comparable with results from other calculators and commercial ancestry tests, since those don't measure your total admixture from those respective areas, but your admixture from those areas RELATIVE to your own ethnic group, and others from proximate geographical areas who comprise the references for the calculator's components in those tests.

For example, lets assume you are Near Eastern, and you score 2% NE Asian with a calculator that has a W Asian and a SC Asian component at Gedmatch.com, and let's assume that with this test you score 6% NE Asian. How should we interpret this?

For this scenario, the interpretation is as follows:

6% is a better estimation of your total NE Asian admixture, since this estimation is relative to the relatively non NE Asian admixed ancient references used for the other components of this test;
2% with the Gedmatch calculator, is relative to the relatively more NE Asian admixed W Asian and C Asian references, and thus not as good an estimation of your total NE Asian admixture.
A similar analogy exists with the SSA score in this test versus other calculators that use modern references for the calculator's components.

A couple of components based on present day populations have been added to this calculator due of a lack of adequate ancient DNA sources from some parts of the world. This is necessary to adequately describe genetic sub-structure, especially for those who are not predominantly West Eurasian."

kingjohn
10-05-2017, 07:26 PM
ok lilac9
now are you going for it ....... :)
regards
adam

sweuro
10-05-2017, 08:01 PM
show your gedmatch results , thanks.

greerpalmer
10-05-2017, 09:47 PM

The only reference population set they cite with Iberian components is HGDP's basque population. Not sure if they considered the French reference in conjunction or if their Iberian database is made from uncited sources.

https://www.livingdna.com/en/help-centre/198/which-datasets-provide-living-dna-family-ancestry-breakdown

Update: I haven't been able to find the population descriptions so if anyone has it, please share!

agil
10-05-2017, 09:54 PM
show your gedmatch results , thanks.

Which one? There are like 9000 calculators.

kingjohn
10-05-2017, 10:34 PM
one last thing now i checked the full galiciian k12 results:
he do sore only 0.5% whg and you 5.6% whg
but he score 8% more steppe than you
29% in him compared to 21% in you
so maybe his whg alleles are hiding in the steppe component.

sweuro
10-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Which one? There are like 9000 calculators.

The best ones are Eurogenes K13 and K15

agil
10-06-2017, 08:57 PM

https://imgur.com/a/MQaZl

JerryS.
10-06-2017, 11:22 PM

For people mixed mostly North but some Southern ancestry, are there any calculators more current than those older ones I mean mdlp k23b has a newer revision date.

FionnSneachta
10-07-2017, 07:51 PM
For people mixed mostly North but some Southern ancestry, are there any calculators more current than those older ones I mean mdlp k23b has a newer revision date.

I don't know what it's like for a mixed person but you seem to be right about MDLP, in my case anyway. I get Irish in the three suggested admixtures but there's less distance in the MDLP k23b at 3.95 while k13 is at 5.31 and k15 at 6.34.

JerryS.
10-08-2017, 12:53 AM
I don't know what it's like for a mixed person but you seem to be right about MDLP, in my case anyway. I get Irish in the three suggested admixtures but there's less distance in the MDLP k23b at 3.95 while k13 is at 5.31 and k15 at 6.34.

so MDLP K23b is more accurate for you.

sktibo
10-08-2017, 01:05 AM

As someone who is very mixed, I actually really like MDLP k23b:

Using 1 population approximation:
1 Belgian_ @ 3.436562
2 Frisian_ @ 4.313211
3 English_ @ 4.670665
4 English_Kent_GBR_ @ 5.122363
5 Irish_ @ 5.123587

Belgian is an acceptable average given my known ancestry, I think for 1 population this calculator does quite well for myself.

However, it does quite a bit worse for me (In my opinion) with the 4 way oracle:

1 Finn_West_ + Frisian_ + Frisian_ + Spanish_Baleares_IBS_ @ 3.054009
2 Belgian_ + Finn_West_ + Frisian_ + Spanish_Baleares_IBS_ @ 3.072601
3 British_ + Finn_West_ + Frisian_ + Italian_Bergamo_ @ 3.080702
4 English_Kent_GBR_ + Finn_West_ + Frisian_ + Italian_Bergamo_ @ 3.100495
5 Belgian_ + British_ + Finn_West_ + Italian_Bergamo_ @ 3.105331

JerryS.
10-08-2017, 02:01 AM

1 Belgian_ @ 3.436562
2 Frisian_ @ 4.313211
3 English_ @ 4.670665
5 Irish_ @ 5.123587

Belgian is an acceptable average given my known ancestry, I think for 1 population this calculator does quite well for myself.

However, it does quite a bit worse for me (In my opinion) with the 4 way oracle:

that's because ALL of the Oracle 4 calculators only reduce down to 25%. if you are 17% of something it might not be accurately represented and instead pigeon holes into something close. your French and German (based on your flags) depending on where in those nations your ancestors came from, could be reflected in that extreme North Italian where those ethnicities border each other.

sktibo
10-08-2017, 02:41 AM
that's because ALL of the Oracle 4 calculators only reduce down to 25%. if you are 17% of something it might not be accurately represented and instead pigeon holes into something close. your French and German (based on your flags) depending on where in those nations your ancestors came from, could be reflected in that extreme North Italian where those ethnicities border each other.

A few of them do well with the 4 mix, so I comment on it anyhow but I find it poor in general for most GEDmatch calcs.
I'm not sure if the German flag is entirely appropriate in my case, I'm 25% Eastern European and or German - these ancestors mostly wrote German as their ethnic origin but they lived in what is now Ukraine and my mother's DNA test results show a heavy Eastern European influence so it's very hard to tell what they really were, autosomally speaking. See my signature for my ancestral background.

FionnSneachta
10-08-2017, 01:15 PM
so MDLP K23b is more accurate for you.

Yep that's what I'm saying.

agil
07-28-2018, 02:55 PM

1 Belgian_ @ 3.436562
2 Frisian_ @ 4.313211
3 English_ @ 4.670665
5 Irish_ @ 5.123587

I get Italy Bergamo and Italy north closer to me than most Spanish regions with this calculator, so not that accurate.

msmarjoribanks
07-28-2018, 03:10 PM
I think MDLP isn't as good at dealing with mixed Europeans as Eurogenes, because it sacrifices a focus on the more specific European differences for more focus on an unnecessary (if you know you are basically European) global detail. It's cool, though.

I also think it's way of working gives a closer match (since it focuses on such a broad population) for the same results, but that doesn't make it more accurate.

I get a closer match with Frisian (1.92) than with anything I get with Eurogenes, but the match isn't more accurate (it's fine, it's a reasonable average of what I am).

The oracle gets super goofy since because I am such a close match to Frisian already it brings in my (small and likely not real) American Indian to give me 98.8% Frisian/1.2% random Latin American populations.

Oracle-4 is actually better, gives me Belgian/Irish, and Belgian/Frisian/German/Irish.

JerryS.
07-28-2018, 08:34 PM
I get Italy Bergamo and Italy north closer to me than most Spanish regions with this calculator, so not that accurate.

Northern Italy and Spain have some overlapping DNA, so that part is just the way it is. however, with this calculator (MDLP K23b) there is a drift to the east for most people. my Southern Italian gets represented as Greek, Turkish and even some Caucus Jew populations.

Jessie
07-29-2018, 06:29 AM

Their coverage maps for mtdna are not exactly the best. I've had the Full Mitochondrial sequencing done at FTDNA and my own country and the countries that I have the closest matches are blank even though I know the percentages of my mtdna subclade are actually highest in those particular countries. I also find their blurbs on countries very inaccurate.