Album with all my results:

https://imgur.com/a/1xoBh

Vrump
10-04-2017, 09:53 PM
"FTDNA MyOrigins

Middle Eastern = North African 3%
West Middle East = <2%
Central Europe = <1%"

Are you sure that it is a North African origin in the "Middle-Eastern" category?

Many Europeans get a few percentages of minor asia on FTDNA (although they have no recent ancestors from this part) ... maybe it's just a minor Asian origin and not North Africa.

lilac9
10-04-2017, 09:56 PM
Don't these results sometimes get tiring? I mean mine are also all over the place. I get Ashkenazi only on 23andme at 1.5%. MyHeritage has no Sephardi at all and yet myOrigins 2.0 has me at 8.0% Sephardi. My North African varies a lot too. Only 1.4% at 23andme but 4% at Ancestry.com. Gencove gives me 9% North African. Frankly I am dismayed with such variability!

agil
10-04-2017, 10:04 PM
"FTDNA MyOrigins

Middle Eastern = North African 3%
West Middle East = <2%
Central Europe = <1%"

Are you sure that it is a North African origin in the "Middle-Eastern" category?

Many Europeans get a few percentages of minor asia on FTDNA (although they have no recent ancestors from this part) ... maybe it's just a minor Asian origin and not North Africa.

Double checked. it is North African.

agil
10-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Don't these results sometimes get tiring? I mean mine are also all over the place. I get Ashkenazi only on 23andme at 1.5%. MyHeritage has no Sephardi at all and yet myOrigins 2.0 has me at 8.0% Sephardi. My North African varies a lot too. Only 1.4% at 23andme but 4% at Ancestry.com. Gencove gives me 9% North African. Frankly I am dismayed with such variability!

Yes. It is indeed pretty inaccurate.

The best tool by far is Gedmatch + Oracle.

lilac9
10-04-2017, 10:17 PM

Hmm maybe gedmatch is better for you because you are 100% Euro and also you know exactly what regions you came from in Spain. I only know where some of my Spanish ancestry came from and the Gedmatch tools sometimes are not consistent with Spanish regions so I can't answer the question where my majority Spanish ancestry comes from. It's disappointing. I know I had an ancestor from the 1700's from Cadiz, another from the 1600's in Tenerife, a great-grandfather from Galicia, and a 2nd great-grandfather from Leon province.

Vrump
10-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Double checked. it is North African.

Ok. Thanks

JerryS.
10-04-2017, 11:22 PM

GEDmatch has several calculators, some are slanted towards north and west European, some are slanted towards the far east...... et cetera. make sure youre using the right one in order to get the most accuracy which is still just good guess work. also make note of the Oracle 4 statement of the lowest calculation being 25%. meaning 17% of something might not be accurately represented and pigeon holed into something else that is close. also, the ancient and modern claims..... no way of knowing if YOUR DNA is from modern or ancient ancestry. only you can know that from your own known history.

E_M81_I3A
10-05-2017, 05:19 PM
My North African varies a lot too. Only 1.4% at 23andme but 4% at Ancestry.com. Gencove gives me 9% North African. Frankly I am dismayed with such variability!

This is in fact just because most of North African ancestry is generally hidden in the "Iberian" or SouthWestern European component. So if the test includes such a component then North African ancestry may not show up at all or may show an underestimated value.