PDA

View Full Version : U152 in Iberia and the Pyrenees region

Mikewww
08-16-2013, 03:43 PM
The studies of Iberia and of Basque regions seem to show up light frequencies of U152. I haven't delved into this deeply though. What are other people seeing? Given that U152 shows up in Mediterranean islands and SE France/NW Italy is a drop in the Pyrenees region meaningful?

R.Rocca
08-16-2013, 04:37 PM
The studies of Iberia and of Basque regions seem to show up light frequencies of U152. I haven't delved into this deeply though. What are other people seeing? Given that U152 shows up in Mediterranean islands and SE France/NW Italy is a drop in the Pyrenees region meaningful?

U152's spread seems to have happened along the Alpine valleys along a north/south or south/north plane rather than east/west or west/east. This is also noted in France where U152 is more frequent along the NE border with Belgium and Germany than in the SE of France. So the low frequency in Iberia is not surprising and is consistent with other studies.

jdean
08-16-2013, 04:59 PM
U152's spread seems to have happened along the Alpine valleys along a north/south or south/north plane rather than east/west or west/east. This is also noted in France where U152 is more frequent along the NE border with Belgium and Germany than in the SE of France. So the low frequency in Iberia is not surprising and is consistent with other studies.

Unlike the high L21 which I think is ?

It appears the 'hot spot' for U152 is in the SW around Burgos & La Rioja where L21 wasn't detected in this study though, which could be interesting.

Conversely the central region around Gipuzkoa is particularly high for L21 with a zero find for U152.

Il PapÓ
08-25-2013, 09:13 AM

How's that ? my y-dna come from ardennes department in france, 20km away from Belgium.

Webb
08-25-2013, 03:07 PM
I counted 15 kits who list their place of origin in Spain/ Portugal/ Latin America in the U152 project at FTDNA. 15 out of 924 is 1.6%.