PDA

View Full Version : One family one world project

Pages : [1] 2

10-26-2017, 11:59 AM
Looks like people can now upload other testing companies DNA Results to LivingDNA through their "One family one world project" Portal

https://www.livingdna.com/en-eu/blog/291/living-dna-demonstrating-how-we-re-all-connected-through-one-world-family-tree

P.S.
I uploaded my 23andme V4 data.

Kathlingram
10-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Looks like people can now upload other testing companies DNA Results to LivingDNA through their "One family one world project" Portal

https://www.livingdna.com/en-eu/blog/291/living-dna-demonstrating-how-we-re-all-connected-through-one-world-family-tree

P.S.
I uploaded my 23andme V4 data.

I just saw that.. Woo Hoo! Debbie Kennett posted this : https://cruwys.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/living-dna-updates-free-transfers-and.html
I will maybe transfer my AncestryDNA as my 23andme is V3

MacUalraig
10-26-2017, 12:24 PM
I just saw that.. Woo Hoo! Debbie Kennett posted this : https://cruwys.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/living-dna-updates-free-transfers-and.html
I will maybe transfer my AncestryDNA as my 23andme is V3

"People taking part and uploading their DNA for free don't get the regional UK breakdown "

Celt_??
10-26-2017, 12:29 PM
"The project involves the use of proprietary technology, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and will see tens of thousands of computers working together to identify distinctive and shared patterns in people’s DNA."
https://www.livingdna.com/en-us/one-family/research

That sounds very impressive. I'm curious where they are getting all the money for this? Welcome, UK? https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding

Kathlingram
10-26-2017, 12:34 PM
"The project involves the use of proprietary technology, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and will see tens of thousands of computers working together to identify distinctive and shared patterns in people’s DNA."

That sounds very impressive. https://www.livingdna.com/en-us/one-family/research

I did not get a link to load mine?

MacUalraig
10-26-2017, 12:35 PM
I did not get a link to load mine?

https://www.livingdna.com/en-gb/one-family/research/apply

Celt_??
10-26-2017, 12:51 PM
One needs to look at this proposal and read the "Agreement" that you agree to carefully. I am skeptical of something for nothing type deals. It could be that you are releasing your DNA for drug research, etc. I'm not saying that is necessarily bad but one should know what the entire deal is.

emc
10-26-2017, 12:59 PM
3 days only to process one's data?

Kathlingram
10-26-2017, 01:19 PM
3 days only to process one's data?

:biggrin1:

Did anyone yet upload a sibling or another test they have?

firemonkey
10-26-2017, 01:33 PM
How long does it take to get instructions to upload raw data?

firemonkey
10-26-2017, 01:43 PM
No email with instructions. Have confirmed email over 15 minutes ago. Guess I'm not suitable :(

MacUalraig
10-26-2017, 01:48 PM
No email with instructions. Have confirmed email over 15 minutes ago. Guess I'm not suitable :(

Did you hand over your GEDCOM en route? ;-)

MacUalraig
10-26-2017, 01:49 PM
I had thought earlier that I would do this but since right now you get neither matching nor the UK regional breakdown, doesn't seem like its worth it...

Celt_??
10-26-2017, 01:50 PM
I would imagine that they are swamped with new requests so the process could be slow.

firemonkey
10-26-2017, 01:50 PM
Yes, I handed over Gedcom.

firemonkey
10-26-2017, 01:58 PM
I had thought earlier that I would do this but since right now you get neither matching nor the UK regional breakdown, doesn't seem like its worth it...

I've applied but am now wondering what I'll get out of it. Could be a pig in a poke.

emc
10-26-2017, 02:45 PM

Their email went directly to my spam folder

firemonkey
10-26-2017, 02:51 PM
Their email went directly to my spam folder

There's nothing in that folder. I have emailed David Nicholson.

Kathlingram
10-26-2017, 04:53 PM

I did mine ( even thought already tested ) and my sister's who had not.. this portal indicates she gets Regional ancestry and matching when it comes for everyone else? So why not now?
It is done in 3 days they say
"You now have a lifetime membership where you will be able to view your ancestry breakdown in ever expanding detail.

Once we receive your samples, our scientists will be working hard to find out where you come from. When your results are ready, you will be able to view them on this portal, which uses maps and visuals to show you as simply as possible what makes you up. You can view your map on a global, regional or sub-regional level, giving you the most detailed breakdown possible.

As well as giving you your ancestry breakdown today, Living DNA also show you what your ancestral patterns looked like and where they came from, going back approximately 80,000 years ago, showing we are all connected at some point in history. We've also given you your own dotty avatar, a unique way to visualise your breakdown and share and compare your results with others.

Our testing package not only looks at your family line, but also looks at your motherline and fatherline (fatherline results only available to males, as women don’t have a Y chromosome). By looking at this detail, we can show you the speculated migration patterns of these lines, giving you a complete story of your ancestry.
"

Stephen1986
10-26-2017, 05:47 PM
I've uploaded my brother's 23andMe data, the test has an estimated completion date of the 29th.

firemonkey
10-26-2017, 06:22 PM
David Nicholson says they are looking into mine re failure to receive upload instructions. That was at 16.22. No feedback yet.

ollie444
10-26-2017, 06:51 PM
https://www.livingdna.com/en-us/one-family/research

That sounds very impressive. I'm curious where they are getting all the money for this? Welcome, UK? https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding

Not sure how expensive that would be. I know lots of studies use computers around the world. People sign up and the computers work away when people aren't using them.

timberwolf
10-26-2017, 07:19 PM
I uploaded my ancestryDNA data.

The instructions was to log into my existing account and upload the data there. It took less than five minutes to do so.

firemonkey
10-26-2017, 07:27 PM
24-48 hours to maybe sort it out wtf. Nicholson told me to login to http://my.livingdna.com/ where I should be able to upload my data except there is no upload link. Not impressed.

kostoffj
10-26-2017, 07:53 PM
I just uploaded mine. Free is free, right? I have a results ETA for the 29th, fairly quick turnaround IMO. I uploaded my 23andMe, which is v3. I am hoping to have access to the UK regional high-resolution results, although seems to be an unclear point. If not, since they have my results already, I suppose I could do a paid upgrade and get them. Instead of having to spit into a bottle again and mail it overseas.

I don't have any clue exactly where my UK ancestors came from when they arrived here (it was very early) so if I could narrow down the regions it would help my research a lot.

Dibran
10-26-2017, 08:16 PM
I've uploaded my brother's 23andMe data, the test has an estimated completion date of the 29th.

Idk if that date is to be trusted. Says the same for mother and fathers uploaded kits. Do people who already tested LivingDNA factor into this/will be updated?

Dibran
10-26-2017, 08:22 PM
I did mine ( even thought already tested ) and my sister's who had not.. this portal indicates she gets Regional ancestry and matching when it comes for everyone else? So why not now?
It is done in 3 days they say
"You now have a lifetime membership where you will be able to view your ancestry breakdown in ever expanding detail.

Once we receive your samples, our scientists will be working hard to find out where you come from. When your results are ready, you will be able to view them on this portal, which uses maps and visuals to show you as simply as possible what makes you up. You can view your map on a global, regional or sub-regional level, giving you the most detailed breakdown possible.

As well as giving you your ancestry breakdown today, Living DNA also show you what your ancestral patterns looked like and where they came from, going back approximately 80,000 years ago, showing we are all connected at some point in history. We've also given you your own dotty avatar, a unique way to visualise your breakdown and share and compare your results with others.

Our testing package not only looks at your family line, but also looks at your motherline and fatherline (fatherline results only available to males, as women don’t have a Y chromosome). By looking at this detail, we can show you the speculated migration patterns of these lines, giving you a complete story of your ancestry.
"

I still didn't receive confirmation for mine(even though I already tested) I want to see my 23andme versions results. I had no issue uploading my parents.

Will free uploads get the same breakdowns? also does the regionalization get rolled out after the project? And will this update be reflected on those who already tested with LivingDNA?

Little offended that Kosova is included as part of Serbia, kind of made me lose some respect for the company not acknowledging the nations sovereignty.

lilac9
10-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Why does 23andme require a request to download raw data now? I have the 23andme raw data files on my computer but its from May of 2017. I wanted to get the newest data file but I got tired of waiting for the request to go through.

Dibran
10-26-2017, 08:56 PM
I signed my parents up to the world project without doing it directly through the region project. Does it make a difference? All grandparents are input with their region of origin anyways

Kathlingram
10-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Idk if that date is to be trusted. Says the same for mother and fathers uploaded kits. Do people who already tested LivingDNA factor into this/will be updated?

Their computer is doing this.. FTDNA 's updates take 2 days.. am sure it is similar

Dibran
10-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Their computer is doing this.. FTDNA 's updates take 2 days.. am sure it is similar

I see. If we already tested with LivingDNA, will we be regionalized at the conclusion of this project? I would assume so. Because its giving me issues when trying to upload my 23kit.

ancestryfan1994
10-26-2017, 10:43 PM
Im confused, so will they give you the admixture breakdown alongside the eventual relative matching tool with this, or are you essentially just uploading the data and waiting for the matching system to go live?

timberwolf
10-26-2017, 10:58 PM
Im confused, so will they give you the admixture breakdown alongside the eventual relative matching tool with this, or are you essentially just uploading the data and waiting for the matching system to go live?

Good Question.

I would think/hope that one will still get an ethnicity report. But for the UK, there will be just a percentage for the whole region?

Kathlingram
10-26-2017, 11:15 PM
Good Question.

I would think/hope that one will still get an ethnicity report. But for the UK, there will be just a percentage for the whole region?

I POSTED THIS EARLIER- It was in my Sister's Upload and the PORTAL it created TODAY ..:"Welcome to Living DNA.

You now have a lifetime membership where you will be able to view your ancestry breakdown in ever expanding detail.

So for now for Free you will get this:" to see their broad-scale ethnicity estimates (not the within-UK ones), and matching when it starts for everyone"

jortita
10-27-2017, 01:54 AM
I have uploaded my Ancestry DNA data, interesting to see how it compares with my Living DNA results

Teutorigos
10-27-2017, 02:13 AM
"People taking part and uploading their DNA for free don't get the regional UK breakdown "

Damn, that sucks because that is exactly what I wanted. Oh, well, I uploaded my raw data anyway.

deadly77
10-27-2017, 06:47 AM
I can understand uploading family members who have tested outside of LivingDNA for comparison, but I don't really see the point of people who have tested with LivingDNA then loading up Ancestry, 23andme or FTDNA raw data to LivingDNA (as several people in this thread have said they are doing). Is there any advantage to this?

MacUalraig
10-27-2017, 07:57 AM
The Scotland part has its own url now

https://www.livingdna.com/en/one-family/research/scotland

https://www.livingdna.com/en/one-family/research/scotland/apply

it has an extra tick box for 'To your knowledge, other than your grandparents, have all or most of your ancestors come from this project area? '

which is where it gets complicated if some of your ancestors came over from Ireland in the 1800s...

Joint venture between 'Living DNA, the University of Strathclyde and the Scottish Association of Family History Societies (SAFHS), which includes Scottish history societies across the globe, are seeking your help to extend the level of genetic detail within Scotland.'.

MacUalraig
10-27-2017, 08:08 AM
'Our preliminary research indicates at least 20 in Scotland that may have distinct genetic differences.'

This troubles me a bit. Firstly what data is this based on? Secondly are they already over-reaching themselves? May be good for drawing people in but not if the claims can't be sustained.

MacUalraig
10-27-2017, 08:23 AM
Ali Mac who is at Strathclyde Uni has blogged about the project a bit, but indicates

'many of you will be pleased to see that the country is now divided up into 20 regions. These are roughly based on current administrative areas '

which is what I thought when I first saw the map.

http://yourscottishancestry.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/livingdna-one-world-one-family-scotland.html

kingjohn
10-27-2017, 08:40 AM
i uploaded my ftdna raw data today
it says results expected 30th October
we will see about that
i wonder if the results will be inline with my heritage or my origins 2.0 at least partly.

Oleg (Rus)
10-27-2017, 08:42 AM
I uploaded FTDNA file too... Waiting.

jortita
10-27-2017, 08:50 AM
I uploaded my FTDNA and MyHeritageDNA data as well

Pylsteen
10-27-2017, 10:01 AM
Woow; I am not sure if I understand how to take part in a project if you already have LivingDNA results? They give the options
a) "I have already done a DNA test and would like to upload my DNA data from 23andMe, FTDNA etc...
b) I have not yet taken DNA test."

10-27-2017, 10:36 AM
Woow; I am not sure if I understand how to take part in a project if you already have LivingDNA results? They give the options
a) "I have already done a DNA test and would like to upload my DNA data from 23andMe, FTDNA etc...

Yeah that threw me too....
What I eventually thought, was since I have already opted into their research, then the LDNA results would be done automatically.
so I choose a) and uploaded my 23andme results.
So I am now thinking that im in the research project twice. just with different kits. I was also able to upload a Gencom file with the option a)

Kathlingram
10-27-2017, 10:38 AM
What I eventually thought, was since I have already opted into their research, then the LDNA results would be done automatically.

That is what I did and they were fine with it apparently.. Both uploads are shown on my Portal Page

10-27-2017, 10:39 AM
That is what I did and they were fine with it apparently.. Both uploads are shown on my Portal Page

yes thats what mine looks like, so looks all present and correct.

Pylsteen
10-27-2017, 10:39 AM
Maybe they have to integrate it still, since from within there is also no gedcom possibility and the g-parent birthplaces are not yet linked to maps.

Kathlingram
10-27-2017, 10:44 AM
I can understand uploading family members who have tested outside of LivingDNA for comparison, but I don't really see the point of people who have tested with LivingDNA then loading up Ancestry, 23andme or FTDNA raw data to LivingDNA (as several people in this thread have said they are doing). Is there any advantage to this?

Debbie Cruwys Kennett a DNA researcher from UK did so to assist them to "impute" more efficiently than is currently happening.. That is the reason I uploaded msyelf and my AncestryDNA genome.. My 23andme genome is older and I see problems occurring more with that..
Gedmatch Genesis is having SOME issues with 23andme V5 but more with other versions.. I see this in some of my known matches now at 23andme..
so for greater efficiency in this process I uploaded.. Everyone my not feel that way.. I was a Beta tester in 2009 at 23andme and had one of the first 10 uploads of 23andme data to Gedmatch..
Since I want Cross Platform matches to work better I uploaded.. maybe I will upload more I am not sure yet.

firemonkey
10-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Still no upload instructions. Still not allowed to upload data.

MacUalraig
10-27-2017, 11:38 AM
On the one hand I can understand why people are tempted to upload more than one kit, the downside potentially is that match lists can get filled up with essentially duplicate entries. Any website that is showing you 'top N matches', you may lose out from seeing a unique kit which has been bumped off the list.

ollie444
10-27-2017, 11:46 AM
'Our preliminary research indicates at least 20 in Scotland that may have distinct genetic differences.'

This troubles me a bit. Firstly what data is this based on? Secondly are they already over-reaching themselves? May be good for drawing people in but not if the claims can't be sustained.

I'm really worried about the quality of all their upcoming projects now. It seems to me that they are rushing everything.

Celt_??
10-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Damn, that sucks because that is exactly what I wanted. Oh, well, I uploaded my raw data anyway.

;~) The answer for you is quite simple: just pay for the Living DNA tests on sale now for ONLY $99.

Celt_??
10-27-2017, 11:52 AM

I don't believe that this new Project is primarily intended for Living DNA clients since they already have their clients' fairly completely analyzed YDNA, mtDNA and autosomal DNA results.

Personally, I'm not a believer in autosomal admixture tests since the results from the different companies vary so much: I've done GENO 2.0 NG and Living DNA which don't compare well at all. So what is the point of doing more?

Beside, scientifically, commercial admixture tests aren't given much credibility. Their like going to palm readers ;~)

Pylsteen
10-27-2017, 11:53 AM
I'm really worried about the quality of all their upcoming projects now. It seems to me that they are rushing everything.

Yes the pace seems incredible... I know that technological progress is exponential, but would they not just first finish the Ireland and Germany project? Or maybe they have some rich donors who are very interested..
Also, pleased to see a Benelux-project, and even an Indonesia-project; that part of the world needs more resolution :o.

ollie444
10-27-2017, 12:02 PM
Yes the pace seems incredible... I know that technological progress is exponential, but would they not just first finish the Ireland and Germany project? Or maybe they have some rich donors who are very interested..
Also, pleased to see a Benelux-project, and even an Indonesia-project; that part of the world needs more resolution :o.

Just flicking through some of the countries maps. The amount of regions they are seeking to break the countries down into is astounding. Look at the number of regions clustered here: https://www.livingdna.com/en/one-family/research/eastern-europe-caucasus-siberia

JFWinstone
10-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Uploaded my data last night :) Haven't uploaded mum's yet, will do that in a sec.

kostoffj
10-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Debbie Cruwys Kennett a DNA researcher from UK did so to assist them to "impute" more efficiently than is currently happening.. That is the reason I uploaded msyelf and my AncestryDNA genome.. My 23andme genome is older and I see problems occurring more with that..
Gedmatch Genesis is having SOME issues with 23andme V5 but more with other versions.. I see this in some of my known matches now at 23andme..
so for greater efficiency in this process I uploaded.. Everyone my not feel that way.. I was a Beta tester in 2009 at 23andme and had one of the first 10 uploads of 23andme data to Gedmatch..
Since I want Cross Platform matches to work better I uploaded.. maybe I will upload more I am not sure yet.

Why would earlier versions of 23andMe be an issue? I uploaded my 23andme results instead of my Ancestry DNA results since the former are v3 and as I understood that was actually higher resolution than the new versions? I am probably quite mistaken but there it is.

edit: although FWIW I have both sets uploaded to GEDmatch and don't see any real differences in admixture results between both sets.

Kathlingram
10-27-2017, 02:47 PM
Why would earlier versions of 23andMe be an issue? I uploaded my 23andme results instead of my Ancestry DNA results since the former are v3 and as I understood that was actually higher resolution than the new versions? I am probably quite mistaken but there it is.

edit: although FWIW I have both sets uploaded to GEDmatch and don't see any real differences in admixture results between both sets.

Which both sets? 23andme and Living_DNA? There are some..I match with Dr. Ann Turner researcher/author on the Living DNA to L_D several segments which are non existent.. we were both Beta Testers at 23andme on the first V2 chip and know we do not match..
Our Living_DNA to other kits does not show that and Ann herself looked at segments.. I am NOT scientific and do not know how to look through my raw genome

The difference is that most Illumina Chips were "designer" Chips with had stuff added for each company.. This new V5 chip and it's twin at Living_DNA is designed to "impute" Better and to be ancestrally more specific and seems that is not the case.. something about the shorter segments and less STRS.. NOT as specific for relationships Maybe fine for ancestral work..
Cross Platform comparisons need to do both OR at least each Platform ( I.E. different computer configuration) has different ways of reading them..

V2 had many less snps and many not necessary..most companies could not "read" it at all.. 23andme pretty quickly went to V3.. then V4..
I am V3 and many of my family I did not do the $50 upgrade ( or pay a fee of any kind) So newer 23andme tests ( Since August) are not recognizing smaller matches.. one in particular for me exists everywhere else (Ancestry Gedmatch FTDNA) but not the V5 chip so my granddaughter Sister and two first cousins connect and I do not and my son does not)

kostoffj
10-27-2017, 03:04 PM
Interesting.

What I meant by both sets was my 23andMe v3 results and my Ancestry DNA results. I have both uploaded at GEDMatch and when I run them through various admixture calculators I don't see any significant differences in the outcomes. I brought it up because I had to decide which DNA test results to upload to this Living DNA project, the 23andMe set or the Ancestry DNA set. I chose 23andMe for the Living DNA upload.

ollie444
10-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Should I upload my 23andme v4 or ancestry v1? I'm leaning towards 23andme?

Kathlingram
10-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Should I upload my 23andme v4 or ancestry v1? I'm leaning towards 23andme?

Probably the 23andme .. that seems to "go well".. I put my AncestryDNA in which is V1 at the very end and my sister's AncestryV2.. we shall see..we can give reports

Dibran
10-27-2017, 04:43 PM
So I am now thinking that im in the research project twice. just with different kits. I was also able to upload a Gencom file with the option a)

Same. I didn't know what to do, so I just uploaded my 23 kit. oh well lol.

sktibo
10-27-2017, 05:48 PM
This is really exciting stuff, but before I stare at that 20 region map of Scotland for too long, I'd like to see the release of that Ireland project, which could still be years away...

abuelita
10-27-2017, 05:50 PM
One needs to look at this proposal and read the "Agreement" that you agree to carefully. I am skeptical of something for nothing type deals. It could be that you are releasing your DNA for drug research, etc. I'm not saying that is necessarily bad but one should know what the entire deal is.
Yes. Note: "Our Living DNA Global Research Project has been setup to look at genetics to help understand how all humans are all connected, and the role genetics has in relation to our health and lifestyle. This may result in patents and other intellectual property for Living DNA."
This does not feel like pure, disinterested science.

sktibo
10-27-2017, 05:52 PM
Are they requesting anybody with a solid genealogy upload their data now? Not just people with grandparents from the same area any more?

lukaszM
10-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Ok, guys how long it takes from confirmation email to receive instruction email?????????

Tomenable
10-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Ok, guys how long it takes from confirmation email to receive instruction email?????????

For me 15 minutes. But you don't need this instruction email because the same instruction is there when you log in to your account. I uploaded my raw data already before reading instruction email.

michal3141
10-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Good question Łukasz. I've been waiting for about 3h already and still no response from them.

vettor
10-27-2017, 06:33 PM

5 minutes

Tomenable
Good question Łukasz. I've been waiting for about 3h already and still no response from them.

Are you taking part in the Polish Project?:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?12451-Polish-DNA-Project

lukaszM

Maybe they process persons with regional ancestry first. But my mother has such ancestry. I registered her at 19:11.

Tomenable
10-27-2017, 06:35 PM
Coś mi to wygląda na wyłudzenie danych.

They already had my data from the German Project anyway...

But I'm still waiting for my results from the German Project: :)

Good morning,

My colleagues have informed me that the project that the creation of your customer portals following your submission of your raw data [transfer] has been delayed until approximately mid 2018. It will be at this time that you should get access to your customer portal.

The reason for this further delay is that my colleague will use the submitted results to build an additional reference panel prior to the creation of your portal. This will enable us to provide you with much more detailed and representative information right from the start.

We would like to apologise for this further delay and appreciate your patience.

With kind regards,

Björn
Living DNA Research Team.

lukaszM
10-27-2017, 06:35 PM
For me 15 minutes. But you don't need this instruction email because the same instruction is there when you log in to your account. I uploaded my raw data already before reading instruction email.

But how to open account without buying their kit? I don't see such option.

michal3141
10-27-2017, 06:38 PM
Are you taking part in the Polish Project?:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?12451-Polish-DNA-Project

Not yet but I will. Thanks for the information.

Tomenable
10-27-2017, 06:39 PM
But how to open account wihout buying their kit?

Well, after confirming my e-mail, I received the following message from them:

Welcome to the Living DNA Customer Portal

An account has been created for you on the Living DNA Customer Portal. To complete your registration, please click the button below and you'll be taken to a page to set your password.

[Complete Registration]

If the above button doesn't work, click on or copy and paste the following link into your browser:
(...)

And this thing opened my account. I already bought a kit before that (I'm still waiting for it, it has been shipped to me on 16 October), but I didn't have an account until today.

They created my account only after this free transfer today.

10-27-2017, 06:39 PM
But how to open account without buying their kit?

Hey Lukasz,
Yeah I think that is the delay for people who don’t have accounts, so looks like this process takes longer, my wife who is taking part in the Polish part of the project is also waiting.
For me, I already had a kit so it was seamless and took very little time, as I could use my current sign in details.

lukaszM
10-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Well, after confirming my e-mail, I received the following message from them:

And this thing opened my account. I already bought a kit before that (I'm still waiting for it, it has been shipped to me on 16 October), but I didn't have an account until today.

They created my account only after this free transfer today.

i got such message

One Family One World Project
Confirm your email address
Hi ,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you for applying to the One Family One World Project. Before we can process your information, we need you to confirm your email address.

Please confirm your email address by clicking the link below:

https://www.livingdna.com/en-gb/one-family/confirm/088669d33b400ebe61444b1943ac5019d7403dbe009a64890f a4522106608421

If you have any questions, you can contact us at [email protected] at any time and one of our experts will be on hand to support you.

than after click

Your email address has been confirmed.

In a few minutes you'll get an email with instructions on how to upload your existing raw data to us and another email to setup a customer portal account (if you don't have one already).

Tomenable
10-27-2017, 06:43 PM
Well, after completing their survey, I got this email:

One Family One World Project

Confirm your email address

Thank you for applying to the One Family One World Project. Before we can process your information, we need you to confirm your email address.

Please confirm your email address by clicking the link below: (...)

After confirming my email, I got a 2nd message:

Welcome to the Living DNA Customer Portal

An account has been created for you on the Living DNA Customer Portal. (...)

I clicked "Complete Registration" button, and got a 3rd email:

Your registration is complete

Thank you for completing your account registration on the Living DNA Customer Portal. To login in the future, please use the following details: (...)

Dibran
10-27-2017, 06:47 PM
Not yet but I will. Thanks for the information.

If all the grandparents listed are from one country, wouldn't they just include you in the project for that country?

When I uploaded me my mother and father, I submitted through the one project link. I didn't specifically select the country. This should be irrelevant yes? Considering the listed ancestors and their birth places are evident?

If I had to specifically click Albania project instead of just submitting to the main project, then that is absolutely ridiculous and was not outlined by LivingDNA specifically.

Unless of course submitting to the project is sufficient. I assume we are included in the Albanian project by default given that's the listed ancestry/birthplace of ancestors.

Dibran
10-27-2017, 06:50 PM
Hey Lukasz,
Yeah I think that is the delay for people who don’t have accounts, so looks like this process takes longer, my wife who is taking part in the Polish part of the project is also waiting.
For me, I already had a kit so it was seamless and took very little time, as I could use my current sign in details.

How does one join a project with their existing LivingDNA kit? Theres literally no where in the login portal where I can participate with My LivingDNA kit?

michal3141
10-27-2017, 06:52 PM
Dibran, Well I first wasn't aware of the regional projects and applied to the general one. Now when trying apply to the Polish project I am getting: "Email address is already in use".

10-27-2017, 06:55 PM
How does one join a project with their existing LivingDNA kit? Theres literally no where in the login portal where I can participate with My LivingDNA kit?

Hi Dibran, my hunch is, it’s going to be automatic, if you have ticked the research options, think there will be changes coming soon.

But I went here—-
https://www.livingdna.com/en-eu/one-family/research/apply
Filled in the boxes, and eventually uploaded my23andme v4 data.

Dibran
10-27-2017, 06:56 PM
Dibran, Well I first wasn't aware of the regional projects and applied to the general one. Now when trying apply to the Polish project I am getting: "Email address is already in use".

Maybe its just cause your already registered to the project and not because you can't participate. Though, I wish they would make this clear. However, I noticed if you go by country and click to apply, the web address is the exact same one as hitting apply on the general link. So maybe its the same thing? I would imagine its based on the listed ancestors. So if you applied to the general one with all the ancestors born in Poland, then I imagine you would be included in the Poland DNA project. They have to be dumb as bricks not to obviously tell. I just wish we had some clearly listed confirmation that those who applied generally are allocated to the project based on the entered data of ancestor births?

10-27-2017, 06:56 PM

I suspect it doesn’t matter actually.. one world remember :P

lukaszM
10-27-2017, 07:32 PM
I received automatic response when I asked them about instruction.

and we’ll get back to you with a response as quickly as possible.

Our support hours are:
Mondays: 9am to 5pm, UK time
Tuesdays: 9am to 5pm, UK time
Wednesdays: 9am to 5pm, UK time
Thursdays: 9am to 5pm, UK time
Fridays: 9am to 5pm, UK time
Saturdays: CLOSED
Sundays: CLOSED
UK public holidays: CLOSED
(next upcoming:
Monday, 25 December
Tuesday, 26 December
Monday, 01 January 2018)

We will do our best to reply within 12 hours during our support hours. If you have submitted a query outside of our support hours, we aim to address it as soon as possible upon our return.

Please bear with us as our response time will be subject to the volume of queries received. All queries are addressed in the order received. For faster out of hours support, our online help centre is available 24/7 and addresses many common questions.

So we must wait till Monday probably...

shazou
10-27-2017, 07:33 PM
Cool, I uploaded my 23andmeV4 and MyHeritage datas, as well as mom and pops' raw datas.

It says that my results are due on the 30th of this month, pretty dang quick!

Amerijoe
10-27-2017, 07:50 PM
I suspect it doesn’t matter actually.. one world remember :P

It would seem it’s only one world if you have identified both sets of your parental info. If not, it’s no world for YOU. Can not , will not let me proceed through completion. Uploaded my aunt’s 23andMe file with no problem. Guess I’ll have to wait for the Unknown World format to come out. :noidea:

lukaszM
10-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Cool, I uploaded my 23andmeV4 and MyHeritage datas, as well as mom and pops' raw datas.

It says that my results are due on the 30th of this month, pretty dang quick!

Fuck! Just while ago you uploaded? :)

Dewsloth
10-27-2017, 08:01 PM
It would seem it’s only one world if you have identified both sets of your parental info. If not, it’s no world for YOU. Can not , will not let me proceed through completion. Uploaded my aunt’s 23andMe file with no problem. Guess I’ll have to wait for the Unknown World format to come out. :noidea:

can you just write "unknown" in each box to get past that part?

Kathlingram
10-27-2017, 08:06 PM

That is what I did.."unknown" "unknown" and unknown was presumably born in the US.. Worked for the two I did

lukaszM
10-27-2017, 08:12 PM
If somebody can upload in last two hours? I ask only people without accounts before there.

shazou
10-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Fuck! Just while ago you uploaded? :)
Uploaded them yesterday actually!

I did hear some people were having issues with uploading and also with delays, but as for myself all was successful. :)

Amerijoe
10-27-2017, 08:51 PM

Tried several different approaches, unknown is also in my account file with them. Even tried a different email. Looking at their overall one world concept, it would seem your family info is a prerequisite for entry.

The approach makes sense not to include individuals wth missing info, considering they want to use your dna and your family connections as your entry connection to one world, unknowns could gum up the works.

Maybe they’ll develope a program along the lines of a simple comparison. You know when you are putting something together and you find a leftover part and then you proceed to find where it fits, I’m that leftover part. If their one world gets large enough, there may be a way to have me fit.

So, get cracking all of us unknowns are looking for connections.:)

Dibran
10-27-2017, 09:05 PM

I suppose its because they want the genetic data for each region to best reflect it? If someone who says they're Italian are not actually fully Italian I can see how the results would be inconsistent. If the sample reference for say "Albania" allows Albanian Irish or Albanian Turkish, It would screw result breakdowns for someone who is actually fully Albanian. So I completely agree with their decision there.

Amerijoe
10-27-2017, 09:05 PM
That is what I did.."unknown" "unknown" and unknown was presumably born in the US.. Worked for the two I did

Maybe your unknowns carry less unknowness and are able to slide right through. My unknowns react by saying email already in use. OK, use different email, now says only accept files ending in ged, since I don’t have one can not do. Tried my aunt’s file and it zipped straight through, now awaiting her results. So, if someone has an unknown opener, please PM me. ;)

Dibran
10-27-2017, 09:10 PM
Maybe your unknowns carry less unknowness and are able to slide right through. My unknowns react by saying email already in use. OK, use different email, now says only accept files ending in ged, since I don’t have one can not do. Tried my aunt’s file and it zipped straight through, now awaiting her results. So, if someone has an unknown opener, please PM me. ;)

Just a heads up. I actually hot those errors for all my email address attempts. Eventually one email worked, and then this morning all the emails i tried before that gave me that error, got a confirmation email. Maybe due to everyone trying to submit it is screwing with the Server?

It literally took 4 email attempts for one damn parent kit, the 4th worked, and the next day I actually received confirmation emails for the other attempts lol. Something big time is screwed up. Also on most attempts after submission I got "sorry site under maintenance" then the "email is in use" when I tried again. Its in use because they did actually receive the submission. Something is just screwed with their site/server that we are having issues.

I actually emailed yesterday morning too(before I realized it was something on their end). They still never responded to my inquiry.

sktibo
10-27-2017, 09:20 PM
Does it take a really long time for them to send you the email with upload instructions?
Or do you need to submit the application multiple times until it works?

Really excited to see how my 23andme v3 data differs from the imputation results I got from them

lukaszM
10-27-2017, 09:22 PM
I suppose its because they want the genetic data for each region to best reflect it? If someone who says they're Italian are not actually fully Italian I can see how the results would be inconsistent. If the sample reference for say "Albania" allows Albanian Irish or Albanian Turkish, It would screw result breakdowns for someone who is actually fully Albanian. So I completely agree with their decision there.

Maybe they want update their reference dataset for free for whole world.

Amerijoe
10-27-2017, 09:50 PM
Does it take a really long time for them to send you the email with upload instructions?
Or do you need to submit the application multiple times until it works?

Really excited to see how my 23andme v3 data differs from the imputation results I got from them

Couldn’t get mine through, but did get my aunt through. Rec’d email confirmation which I activated and 1.5 hr. later rec’d transfer email. Went to website and transfer button was ready to be activated. Going to try mine again later tonite and see if it was a traffic issue during my signup.

Pylsteen
10-27-2017, 09:52 PM

Maybe it depends on the method. If you have participants who all are quite mixed, but all apply to the same area, I would imagine that it averages out in the sense that their specific similarities become more clear with more participants, and their own foreign admixtures would be dropped if no one else matches. But I don't know if it works like that.

kingjohn
10-27-2017, 10:01 PM
in the 30th in October should i expect normal results
like people who realy bought the living DNA kit ?
all those 80 world regions and stuff ?

sktibo
10-27-2017, 10:02 PM
Couldn’t get mine through, but did get my aunt through. Rec’d email confirmation which I activated and 1.5 hr. later rec’d transfer email. Went to website and transfer button was ready to be activated. Going to try mine again later tonite and see if it was a traffic issue during my signup.

Thank you Joe, really appreciate the response. It told me a "few minutes" but I'll give it 24 hours to be safe.

AntG
10-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Tried several different approaches, unknown is also in my account file with them. Even tried a different email. Looking at their overall one world concept, it would seem your family info is a prerequisite for entry.

The approach makes sense not to include individuals wth missing info, considering they want to use your dna and your family connections as your entry connection to one world, unknowns could gum up the works.

Maybe they’ll develope a program along the lines of a simple comparison. You know when you are putting something together and you find a leftover part and then you proceed to find where it fits, I’m that leftover part. If their one world gets large enough, there may be a way to have me fit.

So, get cracking all of us unknowns are looking for connections.:)

Yes. Me too. It's a bit disappointing as they did state that "everyone" could take part, and if we did, this research may help towards understanding a bit more of our unknowns? Hopefully people will post what type of info is gained via this project.

Reply from LDNA to me earlier today...

kingjohn
10-27-2017, 10:52 PM
i tried to upload my brother ftdna raw data 3
times it failed again and again such a bummer :(
so they only excepted my raw data i hope in the 30th of october i will have real results
and that this is not a joke :\

firemonkey
10-28-2017, 09:41 AM
Latest comment from David Nicholson. No sign of it being sorted. No email notification re upload instructions. No upload button on the site.

Hi Tim

Thank you for this, the team are still investigating and we are seeing if we can send you another email notification manually. However as you've pointed out this is very strange as it looks like 3 cases. This is very helpful and will support them to get to the bottom of it,

Warm Regards

David

firemonkey
10-28-2017, 09:57 AM
Latest comment from David Nicholson. No sign of it being sorted. No email notification re upload instructions. No upload button on the site.

Hi Tim

Thank you for this, the team are still investigating and we are seeing if we can send you another email notification manually. However as you've pointed out this is very strange as it looks like 3 cases. This is very helpful and will support them to get to the bottom of it,

Warm Regards

David

10-28-2017, 12:25 PM

Hey Tim, your not alone with this issue, my wife is also awaiting this email.

lukaszM
10-28-2017, 12:54 PM
still me...

A Norfolk L-M20
10-28-2017, 01:06 PM
I uploaded my mother's 23andme file successfully. I've not uploaded any of my own files, because it would be duplication of the Living DNA file that they have. My mother's should be useful. Not only four grandparents all close in Norfolk, but with a gedcom file of 143 ancestors, all East Anglian, nearly all Norfolk.

Dibran
10-28-2017, 04:56 PM
I managed me my mother and my father. It was not easy. I had to create duplicate emails for extra attempts lol.

Kathlingram
10-28-2017, 05:26 PM
I made a new email and did my son.. one with a more recent 23andme account BUT I think I did not agree to terms..they confirmed my email but no portal yet..we'll see

michal3141
10-28-2017, 05:55 PM
I am still waiting. I clicked on a link like 4-5 times and they confirmed my email but no reply yet.

Kathlingram
10-28-2017, 06:01 PM
I sent an email to the confirmation account and they said they will get back to me..it'll be fine

ollie444
10-28-2017, 06:15 PM

Make that four, I have this problem too!

sktibo
10-28-2017, 08:14 PM
No email with upload instructions sent to either of the two I've submitted.. I'll send them a facebook message

I suspect this is WAY more than three cases....

Radboud
10-28-2017, 09:31 PM
No email with upload instructions sent to either of the two I've submitted.. I'll send them a facebook message

I suspect this is WAY more than three cases....

You are right. I submitted the application at around 3 PM, but I did not receive an instruction email either after I confirmed my email. (Although I gave very specific birthplaces) I didn't send a Gedcom file though.

Kathlingram
10-28-2017, 09:39 PM
You are right. I submitted the application at around 3 PM, but I did not receive an instruction email either after I confirmed my email. (Although I gave very specific birthplaces) I didn't send a Gedcom file though.

I did not send a Gedcom either time I sent the first two BUT this time it said I did not "Agree" to terms but then it closed and I got the Email confirmation.. There is no way to go backwards but when I sent message to the email confirmation I got this:"This automatic reply is just to let you know that we have received your message":...and then "and we’ll get back to you with a response as quickly as possible." So it seems to go back to the same place..Customer Service I am sure and it will be ok

lukaszM
10-28-2017, 09:42 PM
I hope, that it will be everything ok, when they'll get back to work on Monday... I hope...

Kathlingram
10-28-2017, 10:12 PM
Some people are posting on the Facebook Living_DNA about it.. It is very possible that the system got overloaded.. they have gotten great response which is good..If everyone messages them in some fashion I think we're all good, they are usually responsive

Kathlingram
10-28-2017, 10:18 PM

Good idea.. and per your "Unknown has less unknownness than mine".. ;)I realized that in my original test I put my Norway Step grandfather and most recently I feel pretty sure that he is not my bio grandfather and must be someone of Welsh descent so MAYBE their system corrected.. I then changed what was on the profile on my portal..
BTW I don't think the Gedcom matters.. I am pretty sure I never put one in

Tomenable
10-29-2017, 09:03 AM
It would be good to have the island of Rügen as a separate region. People of this island have specific distinct genetic differences from people in other parts of Germany. Actually, populations of Rügen, Ummanz and Hiddensee are all distinct from mainland populations:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14717531

Abstract

24 haemogenetic markers (5 erythrocyte antigens, 7 polymorphisms of serum proteins, 12 polymorphisms of red cell enzymes) had been studied in 171 individuals from the island of Rügen (Germany, Baltic Sea). The cluster analysis separates clearly the Rügen sample just as the islands of Hiddensee and Ummanz from the neighbouring populations. The comparison of the data with neighboured larger populations as for instance Denmark, Hamburg or Sweden clearly results in an exceptional position of the island of Rügen. The possible reasons are discussed. (...)

Maybe "Germany's Baltic Sea Islands" should be a region of its own?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_islands_of_Germany#Islands_of_the_Baltic_S ea

Rügen - 926 km2 and 77,000 people
Usedom (German part) - 373 km2 and 31,500 people
Fehmarn - 185 km2 and 12,467 people
Poel - 36 km2 and 2,497 people
Hiddensee - 19 km2 and 1,002 people
Ummanz - 20 km2 and 274 people
==========================
Greifswalder Oie - small island near Usedom
Dänholm - small island near Rügen
Vilm - small island near Rügen
Walfisch island - uninhabited
Langenwerder - uninhabited
Ruden - uninhabited
==========================
Total population - 125,000 people

Pylsteen
10-29-2017, 09:55 AM
They may review the naming of regions; there are a few spelling/typing mistakes, like "South Geulders" should be "South Guelders" and "Karshubia" should be "Kashubia". Also wondering why using "South Guelders" but for the other part "Gelderland" i.o. "Guelders". Maybe there are more typo's in other areas.. may send them these all in once.

Tomenable
10-29-2017, 10:17 AM
Kashubia can also be called Pomerelia. I already suggested changes (and 15 Polish regions in total):

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?12451-Polish-DNA-Project&p=302839&viewfull=1#post302839

BTW, this project seems to be based more on geographical origins than on ethnicities or nationalities.

They asked me about the birthplaces of grandparents and great-grandparents, but they did NOT ask me about my ethnic or national identity. I think that both types of questions should be in their survey.

Pylsteen
10-29-2017, 10:36 AM
BTW, this project seems to be based more on geographical origins than on ethnicities or nationalities.

I can imagine that in that way they it must be difficult to do the middle east (or jewish people).

Tomenable
10-29-2017, 10:44 AM
I can imagine that in that way they it must be difficult to do the middle east (or jewish people).

All Jewish people will be assigned to the Israel Project. But there are lots of regions in Europe that either are or were multi-ethnic (and remember that this Project is asking about birthplaces of grandparents and great-grandparents, so it will show the genetic landscape as it was a few generations ago).

They should ask questions about identity as well, not just about geographical origins.

Tomenable
10-29-2017, 11:04 AM
What about Czechia for example - Sudetenland is not a separate region in their map.

MacUalraig
10-29-2017, 11:16 AM
Kashubia can also be called Pomerelia. I already suggested changes (and 15 Polish regions in total):

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?12451-Polish-DNA-Project&p=302839&viewfull=1#post302839

They asked me about the birthplaces of grandparents and great-grandparents, but they did NOT ask me about my ethnic or national identity. I think that both types of questions should be in their survey.

No, then you are studying the DNA of people who think/wish they came from a location rather than actually did. This happens a lot in Y testing with people listing a country of origin in Britain which isn't supported by a paper trail.

Tomenable
10-29-2017, 11:20 AM
No, then you are studying the DNA of people who think/wish they came from a location rather than actually did. This happens a lot in Y testing with people listing a country of origin in Britain which isn't supported by a paper trail.

But they have a survey, and you have to enter birthplaces of your ancestors before sending your raw data. Assuming that you apply to one of their regional projects rather than just want to transfer your DNA for free. I sent them also coordinates of birthplaces of my great-grandparents.

They verify your info as far as I know. I joined their German Project few months ago (from Provinz Posen), now I joined the Polish Project (from Greater Poland, i.e. the same area).

Tomenable
10-29-2017, 11:29 AM
I'm part of 2 Projects - Polish and German. But there are huge delays with German Project.

I have 3 tests (I ordered a kit because I was told transfers were delayed until mid-2018):

https://i.imgur.com/qWTTPT1.png

MacUalraig
10-29-2017, 11:33 AM
But they have a survey, and you have to enter birthplaces of your ancestors before sending your raw data. Assuming that you apply to one of their regional projects rather than just want to transfer your DNA for free. I sent them also coordinates of birthplaces of my great-grandparents.

They verify this data as far as I know. I joined their German Project few months ago (from Provinz Posen), now I joined the Polish Project (from Greater Poland, i.e. the same area).

I wouldn't be surprised if they check it. For Scotland they are working with Strathclyde Uni guys who run their genealogy/genetic genealogy courses.

https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/centreforlifelonglearning/genealogy/

Tomenable
10-29-2017, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they check it. For Scotland they are working with Strathclyde Uni guys who run their genealogy/genetic genealogy courses.

https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/centreforlifelonglearning/genealogy/

Yes I think they check it.

I was waiting a few months before they verified my info for the German Project (I applied in late March or early April, not on 21 June as it says in my account). But when I asked them if they have found out also something new about my genealogy, they didn't answer. It would be nice if they also share with you any possible new info that they find (apart from what you tell them in the survey).

Tomenable
10-29-2017, 12:03 PM
No

So you are against questions about national or ethnic identity being added to their survey?

ollie444
10-29-2017, 12:06 PM
I'm part of 2 Projects - Polish and German. But there are huge delays with German Project.

I have 3 tests (I ordered a kit because I was told transfers were delayed until mid-2018):

https://i.imgur.com/qWTTPT1.png

I though the point was all four of your grandparents have to have been born within a certain distance of each other? Are the criteria for these projects less stringent, should I be submitting to the Scottish project with just one Scottish grandparent?

MacUalraig
10-29-2017, 12:24 PM
So you are against questions about national or ethnic identity being added to their survey?

I am going to defer to the authors of the bible of our subject, 'Human Evolutionary Genetics' 2nd edition by Mark Jobling and Chris Tyler-Smith. Look up the word 'ethnicity' in the index and the only reference says 5B. This is a box from which I quote:

"Often these racial or ethnic labels disguise a great deal of biological heterogeneity and the identification of DNA donors as members of social groups is not self-evident. Much confusion is possible when a paper has the title 'Strong Amerind/White sex bias and a possible Sephardic contribution among the founders of a population in northwest Columbia'. It includes labels based on indigenous continental affiliation, skin color, membership of a group defined on religious-historical grounds, and current small-scale geography. ...

In general, the most suitable default method for classification is to use geographical information, rather than national, cultural or phenotypic labels".

MacUalraig
10-29-2017, 12:29 PM
I though the point was all four of your grandparents have to have been born within a certain distance of each other? Are the criteria for these projects less stringent, should I be submitting to the Scottish project with just one Scottish grandparent?

If I understand Tomenable correctly he has joined two project with the same data due to changing boundaries of Poland/Germany. It would be like someone from Berwick-on-Tweed joining the England and Scotland projects :-)

Tomenable
10-29-2017, 12:55 PM
If I understand Tomenable correctly he has joined two project with the same data due to changing boundaries of Poland/Germany. It would be like someone from Berwick-on-Tweed joining the England and Scotland projects :-)

Exactly. But back when I joined the German Project, Poland Project did not yet exist. :)

kingjohn
10-29-2017, 02:21 PM
tomenoble ,
i am also in the order of 27th october like in your third kit
and i am still stuck in the awaiting testing level
truly hard for me to believe
i will have my results tomarrow in the 30th october as they say ....
i just hope there will be results in the end ....

Dibran
10-29-2017, 02:30 PM
tomenoble ,
i am also in the order of 27th october like in your third kit
and i am still stuck in the awaiting testing level
truly hard for me to believe
i will have my results tomarrow in the 30th october as they say ....
i just hope there will be results in the end ....

I doubt very much that these “completion” dates are accurate. All my kits were submitted Thursday night with s completion day today and they all still say “awaiting testing”. I thought a series of computers was doing this?

Kathlingram
10-29-2017, 02:50 PM
I doubt very much that these “completion” dates are accurate. All my kits were submitted Thursday night with s completion day today and they all still say “awaiting testing”. I thought a series of computers was doing this?

Well if they use what other "Cross Platform" Companies like FTDNA My Heritage etc.. there are a series of computers which just "read" what is in the ZIP file and then usually some QA has to happen when that is complete..Doubtful they are fully automated from one program to another..
I am suspecting they got more than they thought they would immediately.. I probably personally could mention 50 or more who tested..
and October 29th is Sunday.. were they working OT?

Dibran
10-29-2017, 02:57 PM
Well if they use what other "Cross Platform" Companies like FTDNA My Heritage etc.. there are a series of computers which just "read" what is in the ZIP file and then usually some QA has to happen when that is complete..Doubtful they are fully automated from one program to another..
I am suspecting they got more than they thought they would immediately.. I probably personally could mention 50 or more who tested..

I mean what did they think? that they wouldn’t get a lot of submissions? Lol it is free after all. I don’t mind waiting. Just disingenuous to mislead customers and raise their expectations.

Kathlingram
10-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Do they have a Blog somewhere? Any voices speaking up? It is mid afternoon in the UK.. Time change?

A Norfolk L-M20
10-29-2017, 03:08 PM
Mid Sunday afternoon...

kingjohn
10-29-2017, 03:48 PM

bummer :(
thats what i thought
i am waiting for the 30th october
if no results
they will get an email you can count on that .....
i am not giving ftdna raw data for nothing ....... >:(

Dibran
10-29-2017, 03:57 PM

bummer :(
thats what i thought
i am waiting for the 30th october
if no results
they will get an email you can count on that .....
i am not giving ftdna raw data for nothing ....... >:(

Agreed. I already sent a complaint for their decision to classify Kosova as part of Serbia in their breakdown on Thursday and they never responded. Pretty poor customer service if you ask me.

firemonkey
10-29-2017, 04:17 PM
I'm not impressed anyway. 3 days and still no ability to upload data. They are slow at sorting this out. Nicholson made out it was unusual re not getting the upload instructions/no link on the site.

kingjohn
10-29-2017, 04:35 PM
guys ,
if i will not have results in 3oth october who should i email
nicolson ? there service ?
do you have nicholson emaill ?
i believe that if you send email to the big boss things will move it is not the small worker in the system ...

lukaszM
10-29-2017, 05:25 PM
We will see tomorrow.

sktibo
10-29-2017, 05:26 PM
I think what might be going on is that they're having a lot more problems than they thought they'd be having and so everything is going to take longer than their estimates. We'll see. If they're having problems getting upload instruction emails to such a large percentage of us I think they're probably having problems further down the line too.

michal3141
10-29-2017, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure if they are working actively on the issue during the weekend. I guess they aren't. As lukaszM pointed out: we will see tomorrow.

michal3141
10-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Update: Finally I've received an email from Living DNA and I was able to upload my raw data!

10-29-2017, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure if they are working actively on the issue during the weekend. I guess they aren't. As lukaszM pointed out: we will see tomorrow.

Yes, seems they are now coming through thick and fast now, my wife also just got hers, estimated completion date 1st November.

kingjohn
10-29-2017, 07:43 PM
i think it would be not less than a miracle if i and other
people here will get ther results tomarrow :)

sktibo
10-29-2017, 07:52 PM
I'm particularly interested in seeing the difference in the people who have uploaded their data from non-imputed tests and who have tested with Living DNA. I suspect there could be a significant difference in the results. Hopefully they give some sort of ethnicity estimate result, but from what I've read on Facebook they might not.. who knows at this point what will happen when the "results" come through.
Looking at you, SGDavies, hopefully your 23andme v4 results will come through and we can compare.

ancestryfan1994
10-29-2017, 07:55 PM
Im still quite confused as to what we should be expecting from this...some people are saying we wont get any admixture breakdowns, while others are saying we will. Which is it? has anybody asked the guys behind this project about what we should expect from this?

sktibo
10-29-2017, 07:57 PM
Im still quite confused as to what we should be expecting from this...some people are saying we wont get any admixture breakdowns, while others are saying we will. Which is it? has anybody asked the guys behind this project about what we should expect from this?

Yep. I think we don't know for sure. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow. I read a Facebook post where David Nicholson responded to someone asking about this that there won't be an ethnicity breakdown for this transfer.. however, I don't know what else they could be giving out when they say "results" so I think we will have to wait and see to find out for sure.

kingjohn
10-29-2017, 08:04 PM
Yep. I think we don't know for sure. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow. I read a Facebook post where David Nicholson responded to someone asking about this that there won't be an ethnicity breakdown for this transfer.. however, I don't know what else they could be giving out when they say "results" so I think we will have to wait and see to find out for sure.

poor david i think tomarrow he is going to get a lot
of complain emails......

ancestryfan1994
10-29-2017, 08:05 PM

It doesn't make sense to me if they've offered this new project to the public if they don't have any immediate information to give back once people upload their genomes. If theres no admixture breakdown, but a relative matching algorithm in the pipeline that is still in the works, then why not just wait until that is up and running before getting people to upload their genomes.

Afshar
10-29-2017, 08:07 PM
Mine is scheduled for today. Lets see if their completion estimates are better than ftdna

kingjohn
10-29-2017, 08:07 PM
It doesn't make sense to me if they've offered this new project to the public if they don't have any immediate information to give back once people upload their genomes. If theres no admixture breakdown, but a relative matching algorithm in the pipeline that is still in the works, then why not just wait until that is up and running before getting people to upload their genomes.

i think there will not be british breakdown
but could be other breakdowns

sktibo
10-29-2017, 08:28 PM

Yeah, that's what I think too. Hopefully we'll know tomorrow

lukaszM
10-29-2017, 09:01 PM
Finally I've got instruction and registration link!

Just uploaded.

lukaszM
10-29-2017, 09:03 PM
Order Date: 29 October 2017

Test Reference: LT0103834A

Estimated Completion Date: 1 November 2017

sktibo
10-29-2017, 09:08 PM
Mine just came through! Yes! Tells me estimated completion Nov 1.

Celt_??
10-29-2017, 10:02 PM
When Alex's Big Tree and YFull take a few weeks to analyze data after uploading one's data, what can one expect to receive in 48 - 72 hours? And of course, Living DNA's normal analysis took 6 - 7 weeks in my case. At best, one's complete analysis might come some weeks later.

firemonkey
10-29-2017, 10:17 PM
Nothing for me :( . Rapidly coming to the conclusion that this is a pile of crap.

kingjohn
10-29-2017, 10:22 PM

Test Reference: LT0103834A

Estimated Completion Date: 1 November 2017

yes ...... :) same for my brother today i was finally able to upload his ftdna raw data
so he expect results in 1 november like you . :)

lukaszM
10-29-2017, 11:26 PM
Nothing for me :( . Rapidly coming to the conclusion that this is a pile of crap.

Check SPAM folder. It seems they started replying.

firemonkey
10-29-2017, 11:35 PM
Check SPAM folder. It seems they started replying.

Nothing.

firemonkey
10-30-2017, 12:13 AM
DNA Ancestry Tests

Order Date: 26 October 2017

Test Reference: A095198

Participant: Tim

Test Type: DNA Ancestry Test
View Test

Test Reference: A096136

View Test

Order Date: 10 October 2016

Test Reference: LD0100035A

View Test

Test Reference: A094370

View Test
Living DNA

Something seriously wrong. I signed up once on the 26th for OFOW and have got no upload instructions. No idea where the other ones are coming from!

Afshar
10-30-2017, 05:27 AM
Now it says order placed and ETA 6 august 2018 haha

timberwolf
10-30-2017, 05:38 AM
Now it says order placed and ETA 6 august 2018 haha

Yes I now have the same message.

I am getting less and less impressed by LivingDNA.

10-30-2017, 05:57 AM
:behindsofa:

Test Reference: LT0103052A

Estimated Completion Date: 6 August 2018

:argue:

sktibo
10-30-2017, 06:46 AM
Mine says August 6 2018 now too, hilarious, I can't help but wonder if this is intentional or not

Afshar
10-30-2017, 07:20 AM
Hey at least we are sure they will make it in time!

JFWinstone
10-30-2017, 07:39 AM
I woke up to the same estimated completion date of 6th August 2018 for mine and mum’s uploads.

lukaszM
10-30-2017, 08:02 AM
It was a stealing of our rawdata I think. 6 August also.

But they did it too fast. Now much less people will be registereded...

BalkanKiwi
10-30-2017, 08:02 AM
The suspense continues for almost a year. Hopefully these are the greatest results we have ever seen.

shazou
10-30-2017, 08:26 AM
Maybe the August-2018 date is just for the matches, whilst the ethnicity estimate will become available much sooner. :)

kingjohn
10-30-2017, 09:13 AM
i sent david the question : they stole our raw data :(
On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 8:51 PM, A. D.

dear david Nicholson
first kudos for all your hard work
my name is adam
i decided to participate in the one family one world project
i uploaded my ftdna raw data
i filled the details
?i did it in the 27th october and it is written expected in 30th october and i still have no results

DNA Ancestry Tests

Order Date: 27 October 2017

Test Reference: LT0103618A

Participant: adam

Estimated Completion Date: 30 October 2017

please i wouldn't upload my ftdna raw data
if i knew i will have no results
do you know what is going on
?
when do you think i will get my results
?

kind regards
adam

david answere this morning :

Dear Adam

Thank you for the email.

The project is a long term project and it appears there is a mistake in the system as it should not be providing an ETA, we are aiming to get matching ready for middle of next year. The data and information is used as part of the research project which will then deliver results once we have aggregate information for everyone.

I have raised this issue with the development team in order to get the estimated completion date issue resolved,

We really appreciate you taking part in the project and will keep you updated of when Matching becomes available,

Warmest Regards

David

view

David Nicholson

Managing Director

Living DNA

tel. 0203 4243 470 ext 101

email. [email protected]

visit. www.livingdna.com

linkedin.jpg

Living DNA Ltd, K10 The Courtyard, Jenson Avenue, Commerce Park, Frome, BA11 2FG. Our Accreditations include ISO:27001, ISO:17025, ISO:9001 and ISO 14001. The information in this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee alone. If you are not the intended recipient it is prohibited to disclose, use or copy this information. Please contact the sender immediately should this message have been transmitted incorrectly.

shazou
10-30-2017, 09:15 AM
I contacted LivingDNA Facebook rep:

https://i.imgur.com/YJYqv3l.jpg

firemonkey
10-30-2017, 09:19 AM
This is looking more and more like a pig in a poke.

kingjohn
10-30-2017, 09:25 AM
i sent david another email
on the ancestry report subject
at least we deserve that don't we ???????

khanabadoshi
10-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Boy am I glad I was too lazy to sign up. Went to the website and saw all these text-fields that needed to be filled in and thought to myself, mehh... not today. Haha! Dodged a bullet.

Afshar
10-30-2017, 09:47 AM
That was misleading, what a joke.

MacUalraig
10-30-2017, 09:49 AM
I contacted LivingDNA Facebook rep:

Why would you have to upload it *again*?!

Afshar
10-30-2017, 09:49 AM
This is looking more and more like a pig in a poke.

Or a nice trick to steal some raw data, depends in your trust in their marketing department.

MacUalraig
10-30-2017, 09:56 AM
So just to recap, if I've got this right, the 2018 completion date is NOT a joke?

shazou
10-30-2017, 09:59 AM
Why would you have to upload it *again*?!
I guess because it's a separate feature/service..thus requires it's own uploading locale and data file keeping.

shazou
10-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Guess I might just go on ahead and order myself a brand new kit!

How long btw do results typically take to arrive?

Tomenable
10-30-2017, 10:51 AM
Estimated Completion Date: 6 August 2018 :crazy:

lukaszM
10-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Estimated Completion Date: 6 August 2018 :crazy:

And not ethnicty estimate, only useless matches.

Kathlingram
10-30-2017, 10:58 AM
And not ethnicty estimate, only useless matches.

Which could be gotten at Gedmatch Genesis

Kathlingram
10-30-2017, 11:00 AM
i sent david the question : they stole our raw data :(
On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 8:51 PM, A. D.

dear david Nicholson
first kudos for all your hard work
my name is adam
i decided to participate in the one family one world project
i uploaded my ftdna raw data
i filled the details
?i did it in the 27th october and it is written expected in 30th october and i still have no results

DNA Ancestry Tests

Test Reference: LT0103618A

Participant: adam

Estimated Completion Date: 30 October 2017

please i wouldn't upload my ftdna raw data
if i knew i will have no results
do you know what is going on
?
when do you think i will get my results
?

kind regards
adam

david answere this morning :

Dear Adam

Thank you for the email.

The project is a long term project and it appears there is a mistake in the system as it should not be providing an ETA, we are aiming to get matching ready for middle of next year. The data and information is used as part of the research project which will then deliver results once we have aggregate information for everyone.

I have raised this issue with the development team in order to get the estimated completion date issue resolved,

We really appreciate you taking part in the project and will keep you updated of when Matching becomes available,

Warmest Regards

David

view

David Nicholson

Managing Director

Living DNA

tel. 0203 4243 470 ext 101

email. [email protected]

visit. www.livingdna.com

linkedin.jpg

Living DNA Ltd, K10 The Courtyard, Jenson Avenue, Commerce Park, Frome, BA11 2FG. Our Accreditations include ISO:27001, ISO:17025, ISO:9001 and ISO 14001. The information in this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee alone. If you are not the intended recipient it is prohibited to disclose, use or copy this information. Please contact the sender immediately should this message have been transmitted incorrectly.

Thanks for this post which I have shared ( without your name) with my group who I urged to test

I am less than enthralled with Living_DNA

lukaszM
10-30-2017, 11:02 AM
Spam every genetic forum with that. Maybe when people will stop registering at all, they would change their mind!

Kathlingram
10-30-2017, 11:06 AM
Spam every genetic forum with that. Maybe when people will stop registering at all, they would change their mind!

I posted on my own Facebook page but tagged many others..Wondering if I can take my sister's back again.. Cancel it..

Celt_??
10-30-2017, 11:07 AM
The suspense continues for almost a year. Hopefully these are the greatest results we have ever seen.

For sure they will be the greatest results that you didn't pay one red cent for :~)

lukaszM
10-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Personally I posted warning on The Apricity, Eupedia and Forum Biodiversity in Living DNA threads B)

Any more important websites to post? :)

michal3141
10-30-2017, 11:23 AM
Personally I don't think LivingDNA One Family One World project is a scam. They captured our data for research purposes and once they do the research they will let us know about the results. I guess they haven't had enough data to work with before and this is why they wanted us to upload our raw data. Personally I've already uploaded my raw data to so many websites and hence disclosed my sensitive information to many parties.

Pylsteen
10-30-2017, 11:26 AM
I have to say, also seeing cruwys (https://cruwys.blogspot.nl/2017/10/living-dna-updates-free-transfers-and.html) blog.
It states clearly: mid 2018 some matching, no ethnic breakdown. It is not a test substitute.

Kathlingram
10-30-2017, 11:35 AM
I have to say, also seeing cruwys (https://cruwys.blogspot.nl/2017/10/living-dna-updates-free-transfers-and.html) blog.
It states clearly: mid 2018 some matching, no ethnic breakdown. It is not a test substitute.

However that is NOT what it said when we uploaded.. None of that was thought out well.. and my own results still mystify me..

Tomenable
10-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Personally I don't think LivingDNA One Family One World project is a scam. They captured our data for research purposes and once they do the research they will let us know about the results. I guess they haven't had enough data to work with before and this is why they wanted us to upload our raw data. Personally I've already uploaded my raw data to so many websites and hence disclosed my sensitive information to many parties.

But they should at least give us their ancestry reports in exchange for our raw data and genealogical info.

Afshar
10-30-2017, 11:45 AM
However that is NOT what it said when we uploaded.. None of that was thought out well.. and my own results still mystify me..

Yes below the kit status it clearly states

When your results are ready, you will be able to view them on this portal, which uses maps and visuals to show you as simply as possible what makes you up. You can view your map on a global, regional or sub-regional level, giving you the most detailed breakdown possible.

lukaszM
10-30-2017, 12:28 PM
Another fraud https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?225703-Xcode-DNA-service

Probably LivingDNA in disguise.

Dibran
10-30-2017, 12:28 PM
But they should at least give us their ancestry reports in exchange for our raw data and genealogical info.

Agreed. A little disingenuous on their part.

lukaszM
10-30-2017, 12:32 PM
I will make little revenge... I have many kits from official studies. Now I will upload from fake accounts shitload of them, but from completely different countries then regional project when I will register. Spaniard for Greece, Poles for France, Estonians for Denmark:)

ancestryfan1994
10-30-2017, 12:48 PM
If there's enough of an outcry from people who have uploaded, maybe it will cause them to reconsider their actions and hopefully give something back.

Oleg (Rus)
10-30-2017, 01:01 PM
Estimated Completion Date: 6 August 2018. Previous date was 30 October 2017:( Now I really believe that FTDNA is much better than all these new companies.

Tomenable
10-30-2017, 01:03 PM
I will make little revenge... I have many kits from official studies. Now I will upload from fake accounts shitload of them, but from completely different countries then regional project when I will register. Spaniard for Greece, Poles for France, Estonians for Denmark:)

:nono:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0CmfZNeWM

Kathlingram
10-30-2017, 01:27 PM

THIS BTW is what my sister's test showed as I copied it for a friend.. who then copied it.. and it still says that.. So they need to do something or take it out..

Pylsteen
10-30-2017, 01:53 PM
THIS BTW is what my sister's test showed as I copied it for a friend.. who then copied it.. and it still says that.. So they need to do something or take it out..

Yes, this is their normal welcome message in the portal if you have bought a test and return a sample, as is it for months.
Nowhere in the One Family project it is stated that you will get regional breakdowns by transferring data.
This is only displayed after you upload data, and is just an automatic welcome message when a portal is created. They should indeed reshape this based on whether you have bought a test or just transferring data for this project. Again, nowhere in the One family project (see their own blog and cruwys blog) it is stated that you will get a regional breakdown.

ollie444
10-30-2017, 01:55 PM

Please don't.

kingjohn
10-30-2017, 01:56 PM
they are not giving us anything back
except stealing our raw data
british western european company truly amazing :(

p.s
and yes oleg ftdna have there minus
but at least they didn't stole our raw data
i wouldn't even tell it to my brother because i know he would kill me ......

lukaszM
10-30-2017, 02:02 PM
Please don't.

I will wait one week. Maybe after reading social media they will change their mind...

Amerijoe
10-30-2017, 02:03 PM

There are always strings with FREE. I thought about using a proxie for my paternal side, but decided against it. Inputting erroneous data would not be fair to the project and those involved, many of which are members from this site. So, for those who are so inclined to balance the perceived scale of injustice. Remove yourself and think about the effect it may have on the members and friends here. These are young people (Livingdna) in a young industry where the excitement of a new venture can overshadow and cloud the effect from ultimate data, the client. Hopefully an explanation or resolution will be forthcoming. Let’s stay positive.

lukaszM
10-30-2017, 02:06 PM
But I'm not sure if it possible to delete your data. I don't see any function for it (especially there in "testing"). And you can send them mail and you'll get answer: yes, we remove but who knows the truth?

Dibran
10-30-2017, 02:13 PM
But I'm not sure if it possible to delete your data. I don't see any function for it (especially there in "testing"). And you can send them mail and you'll get answer: yes, we remove but who knows the truth?

If people make a big enough deal as a community requesting their accounts be closed since they are not provided ethnicity breakdown for submitting their personal genetic profile. When they see how many they are losing they may reconsider,

Kathlingram
10-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Yes, this is their normal welcome message in the portal if you have bought a test and return a sample, as is it for months.
Nowhere in the One Family project it is stated that you will get regional breakdowns by transferring data.
This is only displayed after you upload data, and is just an automatic welcome message when a portal is created. They should indeed reshape this based on whether you have bought a test or just transferring data for this project. Again, nowhere in the One family project (see their own blog and cruwys blog) it is stated that you will get a regional breakdown.

Well it says this in my sister's Transfer which I did 10/26.. she has NOT tested at Living_DNA and based on that I made an assumption that something would be forthcoming.. and apparently I was told it would be 10/29 :\
I never was thrilled about my own results and really felt that Sister's transfer might shed some light on things.. She is my ONLY sibling
I tested because some experts felt that I would understand my Welsh cousin matches better.. That is not the case or at least not so far..
So I am not pleased with this.. and being a major player in the DNA exercise many of my contacts followed me in as paying customers and then on this transfer.. The paying customers did not really understand their results either.. it is a stretch to say "Well East Anglia is really your German" per PoBI sample

Other Cross Platform transfers usually are described more accurately..My Heritage etc.. although some of them are also not quite ready for prime time either.. "Prime Time" in my estimation also involves having dates and QA messages done correctly

Again I do feel that Living_DNA does try to respond to messages

kingjohn
10-30-2017, 02:23 PM
this what i see when i got to my account :

Test Reference: LT0103618A { what a fool i am now i am part of there references}

Estimated Completion Date: 6 August 2018 { and only matches what good is it worth i wanted ancestery breakdown like any other normal company who give option to upload raw dat}

Test Type: DNA Ancestry Test so misleading a wolf in a sheep cloth >:(

Dibran
10-30-2017, 03:01 PM
this what i see when i got to my account :

Test Reference: LT0103618A { what a fool i am now i am part of there references}

Estimated Completion Date: 6 August 2018 { and only matches what good is it worth i wanted ancestery breakdown like any other normal company who give option to upload raw dat}

Test Type: DNA Ancestry Test so misleading a wolf in a sheep cloth >:(

We should do like a forum petition with our signatures requesting our uploads be deleted as we are handing over personal genetics data, and they gave the wrong idea to us that ancestry breakdown would be provided. If enough people withdraw their samples they may provide breakdown to retain the references they are accumulating.

kingjohn
10-30-2017, 03:10 PM
i am in where is the petition ?
what will i do with my brother upload man :\

kingjohn
10-30-2017, 04:08 PM
there help desk answere
i just checked my personal email :
Hello Adam

Thank you for getting in touch.

The Living DNA One Family One World project is a long term project designed to run over 5 years.

Because you have joined up with Living DNA One Family One World project and shared your data with us, we want to say thank you and will be offering you free access to the matching service once it becomes available.

As part of the project all data and information submitted to us will need to be quality controlled, verified and and complied securely. Only once this has been done we can then make the matching service available for you.

Our aim is to have this in place as quickly as we can, and we would expect to have this live by August 2018. But dont forget to keep an eye on social media and our website for updates as if we are able to do this sooner we will.

Warmest Regards

Andy

Andy Hearne
Living DNA Customer Support Team
UK Tel. (+44) 203 424 3482
email. [email protected]
visit. www.livingdna.com

>:(

ollie444
10-30-2017, 04:15 PM

There are always strings with FREE. I thought about using a proxie for my paternal side, but decided against it. Inputting erroneous data would not be fair to the project and those involved, many of which are members from this site. So, for those who are so inclined to balance the perceived scale of injustice. Remove yourself and think about the effect it may have on the members and friends here. These are young people (Livingdna) in a young industry where the excitement of a new venture can overshadow and cloud the effect from ultimate data, the client. Hopefully an explanation or resolution will be forthcoming. Let’s stay positive.

I concur. I'm not sure Living DNA promised anywhere what most members on this forum seem to have been expecting. I thought the data was mostly just to help them establish new regions. I also wasn't aware that they had promised immediate results or an ethnicity breakdown. Certainly, the October/November estimated completion dates were merely human error - please don't overreact to this all. I'm sure you are perfectly entitled to ask them to delete your raw data from their systems.

kingjohn
10-30-2017, 04:19 PM

they don't say matching ......
the impression is that it is ethnic breakdown of regions from autosomal raw data ....

Koolmets21
10-30-2017, 04:28 PM
What a joke. And not a humorous one

MacUalraig
10-30-2017, 04:35 PM
I concur. I'm not sure Living DNA promised anywhere what most members on this forum seem to have been expecting. I thought the data was mostly just to help them establish new regions. I also wasn't aware that they had promised immediate results or an ethnicity breakdown. Certainly, the October/November estimated completion dates were merely human error - please don't overreact to this all. I'm sure you are perfectly entitled to ask them to delete your raw data from their systems.

One aspect that has added to the confusion is that they are recruiting two different sets of people and only the inner circle who meet the 4gps 50 mile radius criterion get a test discount.

"The main project is open to everyone worldwide with the aim of having millions of participants and the second stage, for in country regional mapping is seeking over 100,000 participants...
Anyone can join the project and help build the tree by visiting www.livingdna.com/onefamily...
In addition, any new DNA testers that have four grandparents born within 50 miles of one another will receive a special discount because their results will help us create in-country regional mapping. "

There is another issue which is that is at heart a commercial company and so claims that they are doing a 'science' project have to be scrutinised. Otherwise it might remind some of this criticism:

"Commercial interests
The minimum standard for scientific credibility is publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal. Unfortunately none of the "research" from the CymruDNAWales project has been published anywhere. It is in any case unlikely to get through the peer review process in a respected journal. In order to participate in the DNA Cymru "project" it is necessary to order an expensive DNA test from CymruDNAWales. Consequently the samples are likely to be very biased.

It was reported in the programme on Sunday that DNA Cymru had conducted tests on 1000 people. It seems highly likely that many of these people were encouraged to pay for a test after seeing the launch programme. I note too that the tests are still being surreptitiously promoted on the S4C website. Visitors are invited to click on a link to find out more about the CymruDNAWales "project" but the link provides no information about a scientific research project; instead it takes you to the Moffat Partnership's CymruDNAWales website where you can buy one of their ancestry tests.
"
source: https://cruwys.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/my-review-of-dna-cymru-part-2.html

vettor
10-30-2017, 04:46 PM
Seems like, with this chit-chat , Living DNA might only be slightly better than WeGene

Radboud
10-30-2017, 04:48 PM
I am glad I did not upload my raw data, they are basically a bunch of raw data feeders.:\

Kathlingram
10-30-2017, 04:49 PM
I concur. I'm not sure Living DNA promised anywhere what most members on this forum seem to have been expecting. I thought the data was mostly just to help them establish new regions. I also wasn't aware that they had promised immediate results or an ethnicity breakdown. Certainly, the October/November estimated completion dates were merely human error - please don't overreact to this all.
"I'm sure you are perfectly entitled to ask them to delete your raw data from their systems."
Yes and the kits are differentiated as "LT" ( transfer I assume) and "LD" which is the one that I paid for.. I transferred the "LT" number to help them actually and when I did my sister's I saw that it said " as well as giving you your ancestry breakdown today"
I understood from Debbie's Blog that subgroups within UK would not be given.. but I took this verbiage to say that my sister would have her European broken down..perhaps better than mine..
Then I went a step further and told some associates who wanted to test.. when they asked me what they would get I copied that verbiage.. which apparently was just the company being ready to go public..

So I of course am OK with my paid test - with the same caveats I have had- which is no Irish or German to speak of.. which continues to date..

I will leave my sister's transfer as is if they offer some geographic results or a reduction on same..
This is not my first time testing.. I have had FTDNA groups since 2006 and a Beta Test at 23andme 2008-9..

A Norfolk L-M20
10-30-2017, 04:56 PM
I'm not a fan boy of any DNA-4-Ancestry business. I've seen LDNA bungle things before. They even bungled my own Y-DNA test report. My own experience with them hasn't always been totally positive. I have absolutely no reason or desire to defend them.

However. It's a small new business run by young people, some of whom may have missed out on being selected for the TV series, the Apprentice. For all of their mishaps, They have shaken things up in the industry. They have even partially restored my faith in the abilities of autosomal DNA testing for ancestry admixture, with their abilities to detect some very localised British ancestry.

How I see it, their big business weakness for the future is in the lack of a DNA matching system. At the moment, you can't even match successfully on Gedmatch Genesis. AncestryDNA and FT-DNA can whoop their rear ends on that. No wonder they are keen to develop that, although I've now seen two dates - one later this year, the other middle of 2018. Typical LDNA.

I see this scandal as being their biggest bungle yet. I do not believe that it was malicious in intent. It was just incompetency that they mislead testers. I don't believe they were out to steal data. Their misleading presentation however was exacerbated by some bloggers and forumites that saw it as a massive deal for free.

Without sounding like "I told you so" (because I didn't) I really do feel that something like this was coming, although not to the level that they have goofed. Hence as I reported a few days ago, I uploaded my mother's 23andme file, with a pedigree .gedcom, and hoped that they might find it useful as a very localised reference for Norfolk. I think if you go back I said something like "I hope that they find it useful". Because although these DNA businesses are businesses that ultimately want to pay salaries and make profits - we want them to improve their references, algorithms, and their abilities to detect ancestry. Don't we? Hence I feel disappointed to see members here that I deeply respect, suggest sending wrongly provenanced files in to them, in order to sabotage it. What? Am I hearing right? Is this the forum place for me? Please, delete those suggestions. I am also saddened to hear equally respectable members attack that business for being "british western". I hope that isn't mean't as a nationalist insult. I've had my fall outs and angst with 23andme, but never shouted out "American business" as in anger or in disrespect for an entire nation.

If you do organise a petition to delete your data from their database, can I just suggest that it is done calmly and not in mob anger.

kingjohn
10-30-2017, 05:27 PM
if it was for only matches no way
i would have uploaded mine and my brother data
please people stay a way from this company ......

sktibo
10-30-2017, 05:40 PM
Very misleading that they used the word "results" as often as they did and it turns out it's only for matches. I don't mind having my data being used for their research, personally, but this is definitely a massive disappointment, and I think quite a bad move for the reputation of their company. They really need to be more careful, using clear terminology and explanations going forward.

I'm not a fan boy of any DNA-4-Ancestry business. I've seen LDNA bungle things before. They even bungled my own Y-DNA test report. My own experience with them hasn't always been totally positive. I have absolutely no reason or desire to defend them.

However. It's a small new business run by young people, some of whom may have missed out on being selected for the TV series, the Apprentice. For all of their mishaps, They have shaken things up in the industry. They have even partially restored my faith in the abilities of autosomal DNA testing for ancestry admixture, with their abilities to detect some very localised British ancestry.

How I see it, their big business weakness for the future is in the lack of a DNA matching system. At the moment, you can't even match successfully on Gedmatch Genesis. AncestryDNA and FT-DNA can whoop their rear ends on that. No wonder they are keen to develop that, although I've now seen two dates - one later this year, the other middle of 2018. Typical LDNA.

I see this scandal as being their biggest bungle yet. I do not believe that it was malicious in intent. It was just incompetency that they mislead testers. I don't believe they were out to steal data. Their misleading presentation however was exacerbated by some bloggers and forumites that saw it as a massive deal for free.

Without sounding like "I told you so" (because I didn't) I really do feel that something like this was coming, although not to the level that they have goofed. Hence as I reported a few days ago, I uploaded my mother's 23andme file, with a pedigree .gedcom, and hoped that they might find it useful as a very localised reference for Norfolk. I think if you go back I said something like "I hope that they find it useful". Because although these DNA businesses are businesses that ultimately want to pay salaries and make profits - we want them to improve their references, algorithms, and their abilities to detect ancestry. Don't we? Hence I feel disappointed to see members here that I deeply respect, suggest sending wrongly provenanced files in to them, in order to sabotage it. What? Am I hearing right? Is this the forum place for me? Please, delete those suggestions. I am also saddened to hear equally respectable members attack that business for being "british western". I hope that isn't mean't as a nationalist insult. I've had my fall outs and angst with 23andme, but never shouted out "American business" as in anger or in disrespect for an entire nation.

If you do organise a petition to delete your data from their database, can I just suggest that it is done calmly and not in mob anger.

Just wanted to copy this post as I couldn't agree more with what Norfolk has written

Kathlingram
10-30-2017, 05:56 PM
I agree with sktibo and others.. big disappointment and bad company move.. they need more consultants who are experienced.. Poor Debbie Kennett can't be everywhere..

I feel silly as I am answering Andy Hearne from 3 different emails necessitated by having to upload from different one for each upload..:P

Koolmets21
10-30-2017, 06:21 PM
Misleading indeed. I want my money back! Oh wait, it was free. I want my ethnicity breakdown! Gimme something please lol

MacUalraig
10-30-2017, 06:25 PM
If I recall we were told from the start that you could only get the UK regional breakdown if you tested with their chip due to lack of overlap with competitors. So this raises a question now - how then can they build their Scottish reference dataset from submissions from other vendors which must have the same lack of overlap? For example based on market share about 80% of testers went to Ancestry so most of their Scottish dataset is likely to be derived from the Ancestry markers. In which case you ought to be able to do comparisons later by uploading an Ancestry test result?

lukaszM
10-30-2017, 06:34 PM
Forget about it. I don't want to hear about them no more and their matches also.

Dibran
10-30-2017, 06:43 PM
Forget about it. I don't want to hear about them no more and their matches also.

Yea, why show this cool super regionalized breakdown to hook line and sinker us in, only to double back and say they will not offer regionalization. Why tease it to begin with? They still also never even responded to my email about why Kosova is classified as a region of Serbia.

Forget the backlash that would cause for political/business reasons, but autosomally I imagine that will extremely screw up ancestry breakdown considering Kosovars are 95 percent plus Albanians, and to be included as a region of Serbia when Slavic component is less prominent? I can imagine this screwing up the breakdown big time. For example, there is only like 5 samples for Albanians in 23andme Balkan. Due to homogenous composition, we get the highest Balkan.

I can see it now, Kosovar Albanians getting "higher Serbian" percentage due to the pigheaded decision to include it with Serbia. Then actual Serbs would be scoring lower Serbian due to their "genious" breakdown at LivingDNA.

Maybe I should email Nicholson that since his staff refuse to answer.

ollie444
10-30-2017, 07:24 PM

I'm still not entirely getting the scandal bit or have they changed this since when everyone first signed up? 19478

kingjohn
10-30-2017, 07:36 PM
when i press the button : view test

this what i see

Welcome to Living DNA.

You now have a lifetime membership where you will be able to view your ancestry breakdown in ever expanding detail.

Our testing package not only looks at your family line, but also looks at your motherline and fatherline (fatherline results only available to males, as women don’t have a Y chromosome). By looking at this detail, we can show you the speculated migration patterns of these lines, giving you

and this from a western european company dissapointed ......

timberwolf
10-30-2017, 07:53 PM
I think the real problem, is that they originally stated the process would take about three days, now the date is pushed back to August next year.

This is a bit like the long awaited Irish update, that was first originally timed for about March, then June, then the end of July, now scheduled for the middle of next year?

I would not take any stock in anything that this company says. It would not surprise me if August next year, turns into sometime in 2019.

Wing Genealogist
10-30-2017, 08:12 PM
An all too common problem with DNA companies is the fact the Marketing Department does not really understand exactly what the company does (and does not offer). In an effort to get every last customer they can, marketing stretches the truth. All too often it is stretched to the breaking point (and IMHO it is because Marketing doesn't consult with the techs about the finer details).

I believe all of the DNA testing companies have had this issue, and some (such as 23andMe and BritainsDNA et al) have paid dearly, while others have come out relatively okay.

MacUalraig
10-30-2017, 08:16 PM
when i press the button : view test

this what i see

Welcome to Living DNA.

Our testing package not only looks at your family line, but also looks at your motherline and fatherline (fatherline results only available to males, as women don’t have a Y chromosome). By looking at this detail, we can show you the speculated migration patterns of these lines, giving you

and this from a western european company dissapointed ......

Isn't this text supposed to be for people taking the firm's actual test? If they are displaying it for transfers then that's going to confuse people more.

timberwolf
10-30-2017, 08:22 PM
I have cut and posted this from the 23andme. forum

Someone received this message.

We do not provide ancestry breakdown reports for DNA data uploaded to us from other companies. You will receive a full DNA ancestry breakdown, motherline, and fatherline breakdown (if your DNA is XY) as part of your Living DNA test.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

In other words there is no advantage or point in uploading other companies data to LivingDNA.

AntG
10-30-2017, 09:10 PM
I have cut and posted this from the 23andme. forum

Someone received this message.

We do not provide ancestry breakdown reports for DNA data uploaded to us from other companies. You will receive a full DNA ancestry breakdown, motherline, and fatherline breakdown (if your DNA is XY) as part of your Living DNA test.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

In other words there is no advantage or point in uploading other companies data to LivingDNA.

There will be an advantage if you are looking at autosomal matching (with people that have only taken an LDNA test)... if this isn't being introduced until 2018, that would explain the dates people are now getting. I'm not providing a defence as I agree with what Norfolk stated.

timberwolf
10-30-2017, 09:41 PM
There will be an advantage if you are looking at autosomal matching (with people that have only taken an LDNA test)... if this isn't being introduced until 2018, that would explain the dates people are now getting. I'm not providing a defence as I agree with what Norfolk stated.

Yes what Norfolk wrote was the comment of the day, and he is right

My concerns with LivingDNA is that they are terrible communicators, starting with the delay to the cautious and complete modes, the ever delayed Irish updates. The language they first used, when downloading their raw data, became available . Everybody went into panic mode, thinking there could be financial liabilities to uploading to third party sites.

Now this miscommunication. Where people thought that they were getting some form of results within three days, now the wait is ten months.

Celt_??
10-30-2017, 09:54 PM

Oh, how very lovely of you! You are demonstrating to the entire world your true character. Now we know.

Kathlingram
10-30-2017, 09:58 PM
I'm still not entirely getting the scandal bit or have they changed this since when everyone first signed up? 19478

Ollie
Obviously we all do not read each other's posts..( some do some don't) I sent a copy of what IS ON my Sister's transfer into Living_DNA from 10/26 and THIS is what it says.. So yes it has changed..See below:

Pylsteen
10-30-2017, 10:06 PM
No it still says the same under "what do I get (https://www.livingdna.com/en/one-family/research)".

A Norfolk L-M20
10-30-2017, 10:09 PM
Ollie
Obviously we all do not read each other's posts..( some do some don't) I sent a copy of what IS ON my Sister's transfer into Living_DNA from 10/26 and THIS is what it says.. So yes it has changed..See below:

That is LivingDNA's standard welcome to a tester that has purchased a sample kit. Clearly that should have been replaced for this "5 year project". Their incompetency as I suggested.

However, the important question is, did they intend to deceive? Did you see this notice before you signed up to upload to the project? Or did you see it after you requested to upload?

I went through the same process although my interest was in submitting a good localised reference from another company and in helping me match via a parent when the matching system was completed. So I really didn't take a lot of notice. As I said, I've witnessed their goofs before.

Pylsteen
10-30-2017, 10:14 PM
I know one thing, and that is that clear communication is key for every interaction, be it from companies, the government, with colleagues.. mostly of the time problems arise due to bad communication. Hope they will focus on that, and also make sure every message is very clear before rushing out a new project.