PDA

View Full Version : A thread to mobilise more support for starting a SE Asia sub-forum

jortita
11-07-2017, 08:52 AM
I am creating a new thread to mobilise more support for starting a SE Asia sub-forum. I had contacted one of the Anthrogenica Admin and was then informed that we would need sufficient demand to be created for a sub-forum. I am calling on SE Asia friends such as Shazou, Tskahur and also others with SE Asia links such as Reza to support the creation of such a sub-forum.

Being Assamese, I consider myself both SE Asia and South Asia, culturally leaning more to SE Asia

MonkeyDLuffy
11-17-2017, 04:52 PM
Totally up for it, SAs and SEs both share some ancestry. so a SE asian forum would be a good addition.

Reza
11-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Sorry jortita, I missed this.

I'd definitely support the creation of SE Asian forum. Alot of NE India and Bangladesh have close links to the surrounding countries in SE Asia, and I'd be interested in those discussions.

Jesse1961
11-24-2017, 11:01 AM
SE Asia sub-forum is good. I am SE Asian (Filipino). FTDNA's myorigins says I'm 81 SE Asian, 9 NE Asian, 6 Oceanian, 3 South Central Asian and less than 1 African.

ataneojr1
12-08-2017, 08:26 PM
I am creating a new thread to mobilise more support for starting a SE Asia sub-forum. I had contacted one of the Anthrogenica Admin and was then informed that we would need sufficient demand to be created for a sub-forum. I am calling on SE Asia friends such as Shazou, Tskahur and also others with SE Asia links such as Reza to support the creation of such a sub-forum.

Being Assamese, I consider myself both SE Asia and South Asia, culturally leaning more to SE Asia

I am Filipino. More then happy to join

jortita
12-10-2017, 06:03 AM
Thank you every one, I will write to the Admin to request them to create a new sub-forum

jortita
02-28-2018, 02:10 AM
I am reviving the thread and requesting the administrators to please create a sub-forum for East Asia. Anthrogenica is very dominated by European type ancestry threads and to a lesser extent now South and West Asia. Given my strong East Asian identity in addition to the South Asian ancestry, I would like to urge to please create a new subforum

JFWinstone
03-09-2018, 11:56 AM
I’d be interested in a East Asian/Southeast Asian area given my mum’s strong links to the area via her Malagasy heritage. We’re getting a lot of matches now to Taiwan, Vietnam, South China and Philippines. Would be nice to have a separate area to discuss stuff.

jortita
03-09-2018, 01:24 PM
I’d be interested in a East Asian/Southeast Asian area given my mum’s strong links to the area via her Malagasy heritage. We’re getting a lot of matches now to Taiwan, Vietnam, South China and Philippines. Would be nice to have a separate area to discuss stuff.

I have similar matches in relation to my Living DNA raw data

JFWinstone
03-09-2018, 01:56 PM
We had a new match come up from Sri Lanka a few days ago. Just mind boggling all the different people we match with!

MikeWhalen
03-09-2018, 02:57 PM
diversity makes this site better, so for what ever it is worth, a guy with zero SE asia throws an honorary vote towards the creation of your sub forum

good luck brothers and sisters
(distant :) )

Mike

jortita
04-27-2018, 03:31 AM
I am requesting the administrators to please create a new SE Asia sub-forum, thank you

jortita
05-22-2018, 12:47 AM
I find it difficult to understand why my request has not been met. Unlike Westerners and regular South Asians, Southeast Asians including Northeast Indians culturally are not very expressive and I am sure all SE Asians would like such a forum. However, it is not in us culturally to argue and fight similar to that for Westerners and South Asians. I plead you to please start a SE Asia sub-forum and we can draw lot more SE Asian people including from other blogs such as Eastbound88. Most of you are in your 20s and are very expressive, please do accept the request of an older 42 year old man, thank you