PDA

View Full Version : My circles are gone.

Ron from PA
11-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Just logged in, says i'm not in any circles. Was in 13 as of last night.

JerryS.
11-07-2017, 03:08 PM
I don't even see the map anymore. its just a blank blue section....

JenneR
11-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Great, hopefully it’s just an update to that part of their system. No migrations and now no DNA circles, they’ve officially gone from my favorite to least favorite in 1 week.

ETA:

There is now a big box where the DNA circles were before that says “Insights”. Then when Inclick on it, a page not found comes up, maybe because I have no migrations?

What have they done to the platform I knew and loved!

geebee
11-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Just logged in, says i'm not in any circles. Was in 13 as of last night.

I'm in the same situation, and I was in 26 DNA Circles. My "connection confidence" in several of them was "strong", too. So hopefully we are just looking at an update.

EDIT: While I can understand the need to update, it would certainly be nice if Ancestry would let us know what's going on. It's actually kind of irritating -- when you have a paid membership at the highest level -- and you have a fairly extensive tree, to be told

"For the best chance of being included in a DNA Circle, create a free, public family tree and add as many generations as you can."

Clearly, the problem is not failing to take advantage of their "free, public family tree" or failing to "add as many generations as you can". It's whatever Ancestry is doing, and I wish they'd post something to that effect instead of just their standard verbiage.

rms2
11-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Yep, same boat. I had 19 DNA Circles, now in their places is a little blurb that says, "Currently, you aren't in any DNA Circles." Blah.

I also got the "For the best chance of being included in a DNA Circle, create a free, public family tree and add as many generations as you can" thing, which is a hoot, since I too have a pretty big tree at Ancestry.

Dewsloth
11-07-2017, 04:58 PM
I wasn't in any circles, so I guess I've got nowhere to go but up. :lol:

geebee
11-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Well, now all of mine are back. So are my "New Ancestor Discoveries", which I hadn't mentioned because I never pay much attention to them. For the most part they consist either of collateral relatives or the spouses of collateral relatives. So of course I'm related to many of their descendants.

All of my DNA Circles at least do involve ancestors of mine, with one exception. I'm in the DNA Circle of a 4th great aunt -- or as I prefer to put it for consistency's sake, a 3rd great grandaunt. This is in a part of my family that includes several cousin marriages, so I may have more connections to some of her descendants than is typical. So it isn't surprising for me to be in her circle.

rms2
11-07-2017, 11:54 PM
My stuff is back, too, but I did not notice any improvements or changes.

geebee
11-08-2017, 12:10 AM
My stuff is back, too, but I did not notice any improvements or changes.

Nor did I.

Ron from PA
11-08-2017, 02:18 AM
Mine are back no changes.

JenneR
11-08-2017, 03:08 AM
Mine are back as well, everything looks the same.

C J Wyatt III
11-08-2017, 03:16 AM
Ancestry.com was just giving y'all a cheap thrill.

Jack

JerryS.
11-08-2017, 03:51 AM
I still don't have the map that shows where the DNA comes from with the shaded colors around the regions..... but ancestry is heavily slanted towards NW European anyway so....