11-09-2017, 01:24 PM
R-U152
R-L2
R-S14469
R-FG668
R-FGC36253
R-FGC36273

On YFull only 3 people got R-FGC36273.
One it's me, one is unknow, and the other one is from Cagliari, Sardinia Island.

Is it possible to determinate an ancient storic or pre-historic culture these 3 people come from?
Thanks
Ciao!

Acque agitate
11-10-2017, 09:32 AM
http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=437

giovanni carli
11-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Grazie, amico!

BrettMaximus
07-29-2018, 09:32 AM
Ciao Giovani.

One of my Y-DNA strong STR matches (63/67) with the same surname as me "Wilson", is also R-FGC36273. His is in America and I am in Australia, and our ancestors come from the Scottish Borders (Southern Scotland). How and when our ancestors got to Scotland is unknown. Perhaps with the French in 1066? Or the Romans much earlier, or even earlier than that perhaps? I wonder if anyone has an idea on how old R-FGC36273 might be?

Brett

BrettMaximus
07-29-2018, 09:44 AM
3,100 years ago approx... https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-FGC36273/

Celt_??
07-29-2018, 11:14 AM
Ciao Giovani.

One of my Y-DNA strong STR matches (63/67) with the same surname as me "Wilson", is also R-FGC36273. His is in America and I am in Australia, and our ancestors come from the Scottish Borders (Southern Scotland). How and when our ancestors got to Scotland is unknown. Perhaps with the French in 1066? Or the Romans much earlier, or even earlier than that perhaps? I wonder if anyone has an idea on how old R-FGC36273 might be?

Brett

Follow the Phylogeny as far down the R1b tree as you can to get an approximation: https://eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_R1b_Y-DNA.shtml

There's a good chance that U152 arrived in the British Isles with the Iron Age Celts according to Jean Manco in Blood of the Celts, page 136.

Waelsch
11-17-2019, 04:36 AM

I am FGC36273 too. I had my results from FTDNA.
I believe we all FGC36273 descend from the Alpine Celts, some of whom eventually migrated elsewhere.

Jerry Harrison
11-23-2019, 10:18 PM
Hi, I am the R-FGC36253 above. Paper trail takes it to Scotland, but father of the immigrant to the US probably English.

jcmax68
11-27-2019, 02:09 PM
Follow the Phylogeny as far down the R1b tree as you can to get an approximation: https://eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_R1b_Y-DNA.shtml

There's a good chance that U152 arrived in the British Isles with the Iron Age Celts according to Jean Manco in Blood of the Celts, page 136.

I think as more testing is done, we are going to find that different subclades of U152>L2 arrived in different eras. Its so low density in UK that its pretty exasperating trying to track it down. A recent (2019) Viking remains study found 2x examples of U152>L2>L20 in Denmark. I have a Y67 match surnamed Pedersen. Until that 2019 ancient remains study came out, I put virtually zero stock in my vector being of Viking origin. I'm now inclined to believe that is the most plausible hypothesis in my case (based on what I know of all my Y67 and higher matching). However, I think as time goes by we will find some U152 is Bronze Age, some Iron Age/La Tene, some probably Belgae Roman auxiliary (and maybe actual Italo-Roman as there are sublclades of L20 deep in Italy), Anglo-Saxon, Dane, and finally Norman.

jcmax68
11-27-2019, 02:15 PM
R-U152
R-L2
R-S14469
R-FG668
R-FGC36253
R-FGC36273

One it's me, one is unknow, and the other one is from Cagliari, Sardinia Island.

Is it possible to determinate an ancient storic or pre-historic culture these 3 people come from?
Thanks
Ciao!

My guess is that these Italo-Sardinian U152>L2 descend from Cisalpine Gauls that migrated over the alps. I think two major branches came out of U152, one went north down the Rhine Valley to the low countries and probably into Jutland, and the other over the Alps into northern Italy and at some point over to Sardinia.

falconson1
11-28-2019, 01:33 AM
I think as more testing is done, we are going to find that different subclades of U152>L2 arrived in different eras. Its so low density in UK that its pretty exasperating trying to track it down. A recent (2019) Viking remains study found 2x examples of U152>L2>L20 in Denmark. I have a Y67 match surnamed Pedersen. Until that 2019 ancient remains study came out, I put virtually zero stock in my vector being of Viking origin. I'm now inclined to believe that is the most plausible hypothesis in my case (based on what I know of all my Y67 and higher matching). However, I think as time goes by we will find some U152 is Bronze Age, some Iron Age/La Tene, some probably Belgae Roman auxiliary (and maybe actual Italo-Roman as there are sublclades of L20 deep in Italy), Anglo-Saxon, Dane, and finally Norman.

I am L20, with an original surname found only in Denmark, Sweden and Normandy, whose paper trail ancestors can be traced to the coast of East Anglia, England (the Danelaw) in the 1300s. They were land owners and ship builders (a skill typically passed from father to son over many generations). So the two Danish Viking Era L20 from the Islands of Funen and Langeland are clearly of particular interest. Could no longer resist - the very deep discounts in Y700 were too alluring and so I took the plunge. The results will perhaps be available about the same time as the BAM files to the Margaryan (2019) "Viking Genomes" study (still in pre-print). Guess it will be spring before I have anything further to post on this subject. Will hopefully determine whether my hypothesis on the subject holds water, or evaporates.

jcmax68
12-03-2019, 04:11 PM
I am L20, with an original surname found only in Denmark, Sweden and Normandy, whose paper trail ancestors can be traced to the coast of East Anglia, England (the Danelaw) in the 1300s. They were land owners and ship builders (a skill typically passed from father to son over many generations). So the two Danish Viking Era L20 from the Islands of Funen and Langeland are clearly of particular interest. Could no longer resist - the very deep discounts in Y700 were too alluring and so I took the plunge. The results will perhaps be available about the same time as the BAM files to the Margaryan (2019) "Viking Genomes" study (still in pre-print). Guess it will be spring before I have anything further to post on this subject. Will hopefully determine whether my hypothesis on the subject holds water, or evaporates.

I am really looking forward to seeing what your BigY700 results are, Dr. Faux. Do you think Margaryan could run BigY700 on the ancient L20 samples he has? I'd be willing to chip in to make that happen. In the interim, I have had the epiphany that my Y111 match surnamed Hinson is probably a derivative of Hansen, another Scandinavian patronymic. So, I have 2x strong Y-STR matches with strong Norse surname connections (I also found another Danish Pedersen match at Y12 but that was all the further he tested, I've emailed him and requested he upgrade). I have a Y37 Wilkinson match who traces to East Lothian and a Y67 match who traces to a MacNeil in western Scottish isles. I trace to Antrim ~1700. I'm increasingly convinced the question is not if I am descended from Danes (or maybe Norwegians) but when and where? We might have come around the north and west Scottish isles and then to Antrim in ~800s, or we might have come in to East Anglia/York migrated (invaded?) north into Northumbria and ended up in Lothians, then migrated to Antrim during 1600s plantation period. Either theory seems plausible.