PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone answer my question?

thanhnguyen
11-12-2017, 05:21 PM
I got my genetic test result today and surprisingly I share 4.6% with people in south Italia. Can you explain me why? By the way, Iím not chinese but Vietnamese.
PS: I order the service via livingdna.com , they will soon send you the kit via post and you collect your dna from your mouth and send it back. The test is done by EuroFins Lab in the Netherland.
Hello everyone,
I received my DNA result and I must tell you first.
Since Vietnam experienced a lot of war and poverty my family doesn't have a family tree. What I know of is my great grand father (he is my father's father of mother, lol I am not sure how to say, he gave birth to the woman who gave birth to my father).
My family name is Nguyen which is very very Vietnamese but the test result say:
I am
South China 78.2%
Southeast Asia 11.5%
Japan and Korea 1.6%
South Italy 4.6%
Asia (South) 4%
Pashtun 2.8%
Indian subcontinent 1.1%
The Y DNA Group is O (Not sure O1 O2 or O3) and subclade is O-M117 ( I search google and it say so general about this )
My mother is M7 and subclade is M7c2
. So my question is
I am more chinese or vietnamese?
What is the original of O-M117 , I also see a lot of O2-M117 or O3-M117 etc. look very complicated
and what is the original of M7c2?

Thank you for your help.

lifezard
11-16-2017, 04:59 PM
I got my genetic test result today and surprisingly I share 4.6% with people in south Italia. Can you explain me why? By the way, I’m not chinese but Vietnamese.
PS: I order the service via livingdna.com , they will soon send you the kit via post and you collect your dna from your mouth and send it back. The test is done by EuroFins Lab in the Netherland.
Hello everyone,
I received my DNA result and I must tell you first.
Since Vietnam experienced a lot of war and poverty my family doesn't have a family tree. What I know of is my great grand father (he is my father's father of mother, lol I am not sure how to say, he gave birth to the woman who gave birth to my father).
My family name is Nguyen which is very very Vietnamese but the test result say:
I am
South China 78.2%
Southeast Asia 11.5%
Japan and Korea 1.6%
South Italy 4.6%
Asia (South) 4%
Pashtun 2.8%
Indian subcontinent 1.1%
The Y DNA Group is O (Not sure O1 O2 or O3) and subclade is O-M117 ( I search google and it say so general about this )
My mother is M7 and subclade is M7c2
. So my question is
I am more chinese or vietnamese?
What is the original of O-M117 , I also see a lot of O2-M117 or O3-M117 etc. look very complicated
and what is the original of M7c2?

Thank you for your help.

Hi, the present O2 is the old O3 on the current ISOGG tree (O3 does not exist anymore). You can just refer to it as O-M117. Its origins is a little more complicated as its history predates any of the present ethnic groups and nationalities. Some of its descendant groups, eventually became constituent components of the Chinese and (to a lesser extent) other groups in Eastern Asia, an early sub-branch split from the main group however and became ancestors of the Tibeto-Burman speakers of today as well as Tai groups in present day southern China and Indo-China(the Tai and Tibeto-Burman groups actually split rather early too).... unfortunately, it is impossible to tell which branch you came from without testing out for the downstream subgroup you belong to.

M7c2 is common is both Southern China and Southeast Asia.