PDA

View Full Version : Beta Descendants Feature

Kathlingram
11-20-2017, 04:34 PM
I posted this last week.. at All Genetic Genealogy Facebook group:"WOWEE.. Did anyone see this? Says it is a "Sneak Preview" but shows other descendants of my ancestors.. and whether or not we share DNA.. Wondering how valid it is?
Anyone else? Look please..EDITED:***" Go into your Tree and pull up an ancestor ..look at the PROFILE View.. and next to HINTS if you have this feature DESCENDANTS will load"****"

It was gone in 24 hours and was wondering who else might have experienced it? Mike Mulligan at Ancestry said this: " It is a very small beta from Ancestry. Beta users are chosen at random so it's just luck of the draw."

I posted this after it was gone:" I found that brief glimpse helpful.. Descendants view gave me some ideas of what other lines of my 2nd great Charles Swanson from Sweden had done DNA and NOT matched me.. How else really would you find that out in big groups? Maybe 16-17 of 22 DNA tests of my Charles Swanson did not match me..another line and those things are important!"

JenneR
11-20-2017, 08:20 PM
Did not see this but would absolutely love this feature! Wonder if this would be replacing the DNA circles or another feature all together?

Nqp15hhu
11-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Do you need to have your family tree to do this?

Kathlingram
11-20-2017, 10:27 PM
Did not see this but would absolutely love this feature! Wonder if this would be replacing the DNA circles or another feature all together?

My contact at Ancestry did not say if it would replace anything.. He did say that it did rely on both the DNA and the Tree.. which they said had to be your public tree but I was able to see it on all of my trees. I have a separate tree for DNA and a private main tree and a working tree.. for me all of them worked for as long as I had the feature. The only other person I know who got it said it worked for her in her public US Tree .