PDA

View Full Version : R-L2 and New to Forum

Mudgeeclarke
09-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Hello:

Just logging in and starting to look around. I'll have to lurk for a while to get the hang of this all (if ever).

I have had a serious brick wall at NPE paternal GGF for about 35 years now, so I'm always on the lookout for clues and tips.

I'm wondering right now where I should concentrate my viewing on this great website. Please tell me where to go (politely) :biggrin1:

Looking forward to gaining some insights here. All help gratefully received. ;)

Thanks.

R-L2 (R1b1a2a1a1b3c) (Z49+ Z142+ L562+ L2+) (Y-111). Paternal GGF (NPE), c1831 Cambs, England.

U3b2a (FMS/FGS) Maternal GGGM, bef 1731, Rheinland, Germany.

PF FTDNA 95.13% Orcadian & 4.87% Palestinian, Adygei, Bedouin, Bedouin South, Druze, Iranian, Jewish, Mozabite

GENO 2.0 Northern European 45%; Mediterranean 36%; South West Asian 19% (and, in this mix, Neanderthal 3% and Denisovan 4.5%)

Y-Search and Mitosearch: UJJRA
Also at GENBANK

MitchellSince1893
09-04-2013, 04:51 AM
Welcome. I too have a NPE GGfather born in England aka a brickwall, and am also Z142+

Mudgeeclarke
09-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Welcome. I too have a NPE GGfather born in England aka a brickwall, and am also Z142+

Aaah ! Two of us. At least. You see, when you mention Z142+ and so on, my eyes glaze over, so I definitely am here for help as well as clues and tips !

I hope to see some direction and common ground in the Forum. :-)

Cheers

Mudgeeclarke
02-21-2014, 10:31 PM

It will be fun to see what you and I both come up with when the Big Y results are posted (if I can understand them).

As we are both L2 Z142+ etc, and both NPE at G GF in England, we may see how much we move closer or further apart ... :-)

Cheers :)

MitchellSince1893
02-22-2014, 01:19 AM
Yes just 1 more week to go!

As you are L562+ and I'm L562- we are probably very far part apart.

MikeWhalen
02-22-2014, 01:31 AM
Welcome Mudgee...we were all in your shoes once so dont worry about asking questions...there are alot of helpful people who really know their stuff on this forum

I too have a brick wall on my Y line and live in hope that one day a long lost cousin will get tested, we will match and it will open up wonderful new doors-I am getting tired of being the one who knows the most about the line, I would reaaaaaaly like to run across someone that knows more than me!
...I'm of Irish decent, so the paper trail is wretchedly destroyed/mucked up...but I live in hope

I am an L-21 guy so I cant offer any deep advice about progressing, but your idea of lurking and reading is a very solid step...there are also projects out there that are centered around not only surnames but haplogroups so look to see if there is something for your terminal SNP's

...there is also a fellow named MikeWWW that has done some tremendous work keeping track of various R SNP's--check the forum for his posts or post/send him a message asking for advice..he is a very very nice and experienced guy

good luck, welcome to the long game of DNA genealogy

Mike

Hello:

Just logging in and starting to look around. I'll have to lurk for a while to get the hang of this all (if ever).

I have had a serious brick wall at NPE paternal GGF for about 35 years now, so I'm always on the lookout for clues and tips.

I'm wondering right now where I should concentrate my viewing on this great website. Please tell me where to go (politely) :biggrin1:

Looking forward to gaining some insights here. All help gratefully received. ;)

Thanks.

R-L2 (R1b1a2a1a1b3c) (Z49+ Z142+ L562+ L2+) (Y-111). Paternal GGF (NPE), c1831 Cambs, England.

U3b2a (FMS/FGS) Maternal GGGM, bef 1731, Rheinland, Germany.

PF FTDNA 95.13% Orcadian & 4.87% Palestinian, Adygei, Bedouin, Bedouin South, Druze, Iranian, Jewish, Mozabite

GENO 2.0 Northern European 45%; Mediterranean 36%; South West Asian 19% (and, in this mix, Neanderthal 3% and Denisovan 4.5%)

Y-Search and Mitosearch: UJJRA
Also at GENBANK