PDA

View Full Version : Haplogroup U7b very rare?

Tomoboy092
01-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Does anyone have any information about U7b This haplogroup seems to be so rare I canít find out much about it especially among Europeans . Although iv heared itís found in 17% of people on the island of Elba off the coast of northern Italy and itís found in around 2% of Scandinavians does anyone have haplogroup U7b or know anything more about it?

GailT
01-15-2018, 12:13 AM
Does anyone have any information about U7b This haplogroup seems to be so rare I can’t find out much about it especially among Europeans . Although iv heared it’s found in 17% of people on the island of Elba off the coast of northern Italy and it’s found in around 2% of Scandinavians does anyone have haplogroup U7b or know anything more about it?

Threre was an excellent research study on U7 including U7b published last year (link). (https://www.nature.com/articles/srep46044)

I have not yet processed all of the samples from that study into my data base for the FTDNA U7 project, but you can download the test results from the study to see if you have any close matches. If you tested the full mtDNA sequence at FTDNA you can join the U7 project, or if you tested at 23andMe you can upload your results to James Lick's mthap web tool to see if any extra mutations were found.