PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth transferring to MyHeritage now?

Loderingo
01-16-2018, 10:14 AM
I've heard a few bad things about Myheritage in the past, which has made me wary of doing the DNA transfer to them. I see they have updated their matching now. Is it now worth doing the transfer? Do they have lots of 'new' people in their database or is it mainly transfers from Ancestry and FTDNA?

Thanks

Gareth

Scott
01-16-2018, 07:02 PM
I would say that it is probably worth transferring if there are parts of your tree that you are trying to figure out or if you are trying to determine how you are related to some of your matches on Ancestry and/or FTDNA. I personally find reviewing matches on MyHeritage to be easier and more intuitive than reviewing matches on Ancestry and FTDNA. Accordingly, my matches on MyHeritage have helped me make more sense of some of my matches on Ancestry and FTDNA. That being said, I would be surprised if you had a lot of new, high confidence matches on MyHeritage.

Dibran
01-16-2018, 07:42 PM
Holy Fuck. ololol I didnt realize they added matches. I have like 300 matches almost from 2.

Loderingo
01-16-2018, 08:40 PM
I would say that it is probably worth transferring if there are parts of your tree that you are trying to figure out or if you are trying to determine how you are related to some of your matches on Ancestry and/or FTDNA. I personally find reviewing matches on MyHeritage to be easier and more intuitive than reviewing matches on Ancestry and FTDNA. Accordingly, my matches on MyHeritage have helped me make more sense of some of my matches on Ancestry and FTDNA. That being said, I would be surprised if you had a lot of new, high confidence matches on MyHeritage.

Thanks. I guess I'll give it a go

RobinBMc
01-16-2018, 09:44 PM
It's free, so there's really no harm in it. I'd do it now because you never know if/when they plan to start charging for the transfers.