PDA

View Full Version : T haplogroup among the welsh ?

Tomoboy092
01-22-2018, 03:55 PM
Apparently this haplogroup is found at low levels among the welsh does anyone have this haplogroup apparently Thomas Jefferson had this haplogroup?

vettor
01-22-2018, 07:11 PM
Gaelic/Celts has a decent % of T-M70....the welsh irish and scots along with cornish and some english

Saetro
01-22-2018, 07:39 PM
All of the work on the Jefferson family seems to have been done on just a handful of STR markers.
Are there any reports of some deeper work to sort out a sub clade?

vettor
01-23-2018, 01:28 AM
All of the work on the Jefferson family seems to have been done on just a handful of STR markers.
Are there any reports of some deeper work to sort out a sub clade?

Work on Jefferson states he was branch T1a1 and went to USA via Wales .............his ancient ancestors where noted as originating in coastal Egypt and moving eventually to Wales via the Iberian peninsula

This old map from the Armenia ftdna project
http://www.arslanmb.org/ArmenianDNAProject/subcladetmapupdated.png

basically it shows the 2 main branches of T1a-M70
Blue = T1a1
Red = T1a2

Britain seems to be equally split

JohnHowellsTyrfro
01-23-2018, 03:53 AM
It would be interesting to see the geographic distribution within Britain and Ireland.

newm1988
08-30-2018, 03:00 AM
I'm an administrator of a SNP project with a lot of people of Welsh ancestry, and I manage a T-M70 kit for a person of German paternal ancestry and thus make mental note when I see it pop up in the northern half of Europe.

From my purely anecdotal experience, I've seen a fair number of T-M70 men in projects for people with Welsh surnames.

AndresT
09-08-2018, 03:56 AM
Thomas Jefferson belong to T1a1a1b1a1a1-PF7444 you can find this branch on my phylogenetic T tree work: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/Phylogenetic_T-M184_tree.png

His T branch is proved against "Jefferson" carriers from England. And have been confirmed. His deepest paternal roots are not from Wales but from eastern England (Suffolk-Essex border)

GogMagog
09-11-2018, 06:22 PM
You mean T haplogroup for Y chromosome? Not Mitochondrial ?

newm1988
09-13-2018, 02:35 AM
Yes. Y-DNA haplogroup T.

Lupriac
09-16-2018, 06:05 PM
A notable member of the T haplogroup (known previously as K2) is the third US President, Thomas Jefferson, specifically to T-M184. He reportedly belongs to a subclade of T-M184 which is most commonly found in both the Iberian Peninsula (e.g. Spain) and Egypt. His most distant known ancestor is Samuel Jefferson, born 11 October 1607 at Pettistree, Suffolk, England, although there is also a widespread belief that the President had Welsh ancestry. While all subclades of T-M184 are rare in Britain, some British males with the surname Jefferson have also reportedly been found to carry T-M184, reinforcing the idea that Thomas Jefferson's immediate paternal ancestry was British and may originate in Sephardic (Spanish) Jewish populations, who have their ultimate origins in the Middle East.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_T-L206_(Y-DNA)#Thomas_Jefferson

vettor
09-19-2018, 01:38 AM
A notable member of the T haplogroup (known previously as K2) is the third US President, Thomas Jefferson, specifically to T-M184. He reportedly belongs to a subclade of T-M184 which is most commonly found in both the Iberian Peninsula (e.g. Spain) and Egypt. His most distant known ancestor is Samuel Jefferson, born 11 October 1607 at Pettistree, Suffolk, England, although there is also a widespread belief that the President had Welsh ancestry. While all subclades of T-M184 are rare in Britain, some British males with the surname Jefferson have also reportedly been found to carry T-M184, reinforcing the idea that Thomas Jefferson's immediate paternal ancestry was British and may originate in Sephardic (Spanish) Jewish populations, who have their ultimate origins in the Middle East.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_T-L206_(Y-DNA)#Thomas_Jefferson

I think you need to understand that all T members have to have T-M184 and K-M9 and one/many of 30 SNPs which belong to haplo group LT.......without these one is not a T