PDA

View Full Version : Question about my results (Middle Eastern)

The_marked
01-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but I'm hoping someone could clear this up for me. My results are as follows:

Middle East 43%
- Syrian-Lebanese

Europe South 39%

Caucasus 16%

European Jewish 2%

The Middle Eastern makes sense because my family is Lebanese. When I click on Europe South or Caucasus it says:

"Your DNA shows that you have ancestry from Europe South/Caucases and links you to these specific regions:

Syrian-Lebanese"

My question is why wouldn't it then just be 98% Middle Eastern? Why does Europe South and Caucasus even appear?

Batroun
01-24-2018, 03:32 PM
It could be because Syria and Lebanon have a significant ancient genetic input from the Caucuses and at times have remnants of perhaps some admixture from Southern Europe. Not sure if this answered your question fully someone else will probably have a much better answer. What company did you use?

The_marked
01-24-2018, 03:44 PM
It could be because Syria and Lebanon have a significant ancient genetic input from the Caucuses and at times have remnants of perhaps some admixture from Southern Europe. Not sure if this answered your question fully someone else will probably have a much better answer. What company did you use?

Thanks for the reply - I used Ancestry.