Tomenable
01-26-2018, 04:17 PM
I ordered this report from the author of mtDNA Wiki and mtDNA Atlas blogs:

http://mtdnawiki.com

http://mtdnaatlas.blogspot.com

https://i.imgur.com/6RAhKWS.png

https://i.imgur.com/I5AhIG3.png

https://i.imgur.com/2W8kZGO.png

A closer look at locations of my ancient mtDNA matches, Corded Ware and Yamnaya:

https://i.imgur.com/cgklHON.png

So to summarize, originally W (or at least W6) was probably a CHG lineage. Later W6 came with Caucasian brides to the Pontic-Caspian Steppe, where it became part of the Yamnaya culture. Then during Indo-European westward expansions, ca. 5000-4000 years ago, W6a differentiated from W6 and became part of the Corded Ware culture. Proto-Balto-Slavs emerged from descendants of Corded Ware and W6a carriers were most likely part of the Proto-Slavic community. Today, W6a is an almost exclusively Balto-Slavic mHG - which is interesting considering that it existed not only in Baltic Corded Ware, but in Central European Corded Ware as well. This website below claims that there is also one sample of W6a from the Yamnaya culture, but I couldn't find any confirmation of this, and my mtDNA Wiki report is also silent about this:

http://www.thecid.com

Vestri
01-26-2018, 04:31 PM
This is incredible! I never knew this existed.

This is something I wish for my W1g MtDNA, so I can place it into my Ancestry/DNA Heritage portfolio.

Thank you so much for sharing Tomenable, I have just sent off payment myself and look forward to the report.

ajc347
01-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Thank you for posting this @Tomenable - it certainly seems interesting.

How quick was the turnaround from making the order to receiving the report?

Vestri
01-26-2018, 10:15 PM
Thank you for posting this @Tomenable - it certainly seems interesting.

How quick was the turnaround from making the order to receiving the report?

I sent payment and an email about 5 hours ago, I was responded with receiving my report tonight. Not sure what time zone Samuel is in, but I should probably expect something over the next 12 hours if he's in America, as i'm UK and it's 10:15PM.

kingjohn
01-27-2018, 12:01 AM
this service {in 7$} is good for people
who didn't do mtdna full sequene and don't know
the final mutation snp in there mtdna branch ... :\

firemonkey
01-27-2018, 08:02 AM
I sent payment and an email about 5 hours ago, I was responded with receiving my report tonight. Not sure what time zone Samuel is in, but I should probably expect something over the next 12 hours if he's in America, as i'm UK and it's 10:15PM.

I sent an email yesterday at 16.50 and like you was told 'tonight'. Still waiting.

Vestri
01-27-2018, 11:12 AM
I sent an email yesterday at 16.50 and like you was told 'tonight'. Still waiting.

Yes, I figured that maybe over night I'd get something back but I'm also still waiting. Maybe later today then...

Fungene
01-27-2018, 07:00 PM
this service {in 7$} is good for people
who didn't do mtdna full sequene and don't know
the final mutation snp in there mtdna branch ... :\

That could be true.
You can go to the website and see the information about your mt haplogroup for free. What do you think about it?
For my part, I have more detailed information on my mitogenome than what's available in that website in part because of sheer luck. More information is available online in recent scientific publications, and an ancient sample with my exact subclade just happened to have been included in the supplementary data of a recent scientific paper. Not everyone is so lucky.
For some people, that $7 could be money well spent. I think in your case, you get the info. for free, and nothing beats free.

kingjohn
01-27-2018, 08:04 PM
well my problem with krefer
is that i heard him more than once say
that mtdna h3 is one of Anatolian branches
but up until now h3 was never found in middle east only {the one in tel- halaf is a bogus even he admitt}
in europe and if we will dig more maybe in northwest africa
so it probably originated in southwest europe {iberia} or northwest africa
not in anatolia or the levant .... :\
p.s
still a deserve a kudos for his work though his site is informative... :)
about this information free i wish
it costs me hundreds of dollars this mtdna full sequence that i did 2 years ago

Geborgenheit
01-27-2018, 09:41 PM
Wow, I believe W6 is an extremely rare haplogroup, interesting.

I don't know if I would get the same interesting info for my very common H2.

Vestri
01-27-2018, 10:03 PM
I think for me, the report offers a professional aproach to detailing the lineage and also conecting it to ancient samples, offering migration routes etc. The information can be found on eupedia etc, but this report is something slightly different that will go well into my portfolio.

Are there people who do the same for Y-DNA, with ancient samples that have been found etc?

timberwolf
01-28-2018, 06:41 PM
Did you guys who asked for reports, receive them yet?

Vestri
01-28-2018, 08:31 PM
Did you guys who asked for reports, receive them yet?

Not yet, I emailed him last night and he said he got busy and will be finishing it tonight hopefully...

timberwolf
01-28-2018, 09:38 PM
Decided to order one, see what he comes up with.

firemonkey
01-28-2018, 09:42 PM
After saying he would do it by that night I got an email early today saying he's busy with homework and would do it in a couple of days.

timberwolf
01-28-2018, 10:48 PM
After saying he would do it by that night I got an email early today saying he's busy with homework and would do it in a couple of days.

Homework?

firemonkey
01-28-2018, 10:54 PM
Homework?

That's what he said. Might be studying or a teacher marking homework?

BalkanKiwi
01-29-2018, 02:44 AM
That's what he said. Might be studying or a teacher marking homework?

He's a student.

http://mtdnawiki.com/2018/01/28/mtdnawiki-reports-may-take-several-days/

timberwolf
01-29-2018, 03:11 AM
He's a student.

2-4 days is a very reasonable turnaround time for a report. I shall look forward to receiving mine.

Vestri
01-29-2018, 12:55 PM
I recieved an email earlier, My report is almost done and should be with me within 12 hours.

kingjohn
01-29-2018, 02:19 PM
He's a student.

and a smart one who found easy way to earn money :)

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?233543-Confused-about-your-mtDNA-I-have-a-solution-for-you

firemonkey
01-30-2018, 12:54 AM
Email at 10.33 am saying he was adding some bells and whistles and it would definitely be ready within 12 hours. I'm still waiting. Perhaps it's because my hg H67 is not that common and he's struggling to find stuff to do a detailed report.

timberwolf
01-30-2018, 01:00 AM
Email at 10.33 am saying he was adding some bells and whistles and it would definitely be ready within 12 hours. I'm still waiting. Perhaps it's because my hg H67 is not that common and he's struggling to find stuff to do a detailed report.

It will be interesting to see what he comes up with. Twelve hours in not that long of a wait.

GailT
01-30-2018, 06:24 AM
Perhaps it's because my hg H67 is not that common and he's struggling to find stuff to do a detailed report.

Ian Logan summarizes GenBank mtDNA results for most haplogroups, here is is page for H67 (http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_by_group/h67_genbank_sequences.htm). Probably the best source of information will be your exact and close matches at FTDNA, many of whom are probably not in GenBank. Ideally, FTDNA would do more to encourage people to report a country of origin for their maternal lineage and then summarize and report this information. But that seems unlikely to happen.

Vestri
01-30-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm still waiting, Have you heard anything firemonkey?

ajc347
01-30-2018, 05:42 PM
My report arrived earlier today in the small hours of the morning and made interesting reading.

It states that my Haplogroup, V15a, is too rare to create a distribution map for. Provides a distribution map for V and the author states that he has have found V15a in Britain, Denmark, Germany, Russia, and
Finland.

I'm curious that there's no reference to Ireland and Norway in the report as Ireland is by far the predominant nation listed within my FTDNA matches (and was the country from which my maternal DNA entered England in the 1920's). I've been able to document my maternal Irish line back to 1797, hence my surprise that it was not mentioned.

The incidence of V15a within my FTDNA matches (for HVR1, HVR2 and the Coding Region), in descending order (excluding a handful of US and one Australian match), are: Ireland - Scotland - England - Wales - Norway - Sweden - Germany - Poland.

The report suggests that:

'I do suspect that V15a, along with many other mHGs such as K1a4a1a, H1c1, H7d, K2b1a, and others descend from the Funnel Beaker culture who were farmers of mostly Anatolian decent that resided in modern day Germany and Sweden. People in those locations today probably have the most Funnel Beaker derived ancestry. Possibly, V15a was restricted to that area until recently. Possibly it first spread to Britain with the Anglo-Saxon invasion which came out of Denmark'.

I'm not sure of the validity of this conclusion as it doesn't easily account for the high incidence of V15a in Ireland. I suspect that a more plausible explanation may well be that the potential migration route occurred via a later Scandinavian expansion (although I have little proof for this) and have emailed the author asking him to comment further.

All-in-all I feel that the report was 7$ well spent as it's helped give me an alternative counterpoint to my thoughts on the spread of V15a and I'd certainly recommend trying it.

firemonkey
01-30-2018, 07:47 PM
I'm still waiting, Have you heard anything firemonkey?

I emailed about 5 hours ago to check on progress and have not got a reply. Still waiting.

kingjohn
01-30-2018, 09:38 PM
I emailed about 5 hours ago to check on progress and have not got a reply. Still waiting.

maybe he is doing homework
or preparing for exam ;)

firemonkey
01-30-2018, 10:06 PM
I got my report. Distribution maps and Exists in etc are all to do with H and not H67 and therefore not very informative.

Some snippets from the report.

You belong to mtDNA (mHG) H67. I have only two examples of H67 in my database; one in Austria and
one in Basque. One is from a Scotland FTDNA mitogenome. I’m pretty sure that mitogenome is you
because it shares all three of your extra mutations; 4481A 11233c 16093c. Lol.
So, I mean sorry but I don’t really have much else to say about your specific H subclade. I keep all
customer’s email and mtDNA sequence in an excel spreadsheet. If I ever learn anything big about any of
their mHGs I will email them. I’ll email you if I find anything new about H67.
The mother-clade of H67, mHG H, has well over 100 subclades. The vast majority of mHG H’s subclades
are super super super rare. Only about 15 are noticeable popular.

All that can be said about your mtDNA for certinity is it belongs to a super rare subclade of an extremely
popular, widespread, and old lineage. The ambiguity of your mtDNA doesn’t make it any less ethnic or
regional specific. With enough mitogenomes, I’m sure H67 would show a regional and or ethnic-specific
distribution.
Your mHG may be ethnic/regional specific. More mitogenomes are needed to find out.
Often with an mtDNA test, if the results are looked at by someone like me who has studied mtDNA for
years, it can be determined the region or ethno linguistic family one’s maternal line descends from.
That’s why I decided to offer mtDNAwiki Reports at my blog. I knew I could help people learn about their
mtDNA while also making money. However, still many haplogroups are so rare that it would require the
sequencing 100s of mitogenomes of people from many populations to find what region and or ethnic
group the haplogroup is most associated with. This is the case for you. I’m always disappointed when I
have to write a report for someone who belongs to a really rare lineage I know very little about.
It’ll still be another 5-10 years before geneticists gather mitogenomes from most populations in the
world. You might have to wait till then to learn anything concrete about your mtDNA. Although,
considering how popular DNA testing is becoming maybe not.
Only one mutation links you and the two other H67’s in my database. H67 likely emerged sometime
between 8,000 and 12,000 years ago. That’s a long time ago! The link between your H67 and the other
H67(s) is pretty distant. It is almost as distant as the link between you and anyother form of H. When
you go back just 5,000 years most ethnic groups in Europe share significant common ancestry. So it
shouldn’t be a surprise to see H67 in multiple ethnic groups (Austria, Basque, Scotland). However,
maybe your specific version of H67 is unique to Scotland or the British Isles or western Europe or
whatever. More data is needed to know for sure.

With FTDNA of matches that give a location.

GD 2

Ireland 2
Scotland 2
United Kingdom 1
United States 1

GD 3

Ireland 1

kingjohn
01-30-2018, 10:38 PM
at least you know it is european specific if it was found in ; austria, basque, scotland

firemonkey
01-30-2018, 11:07 PM
at least you know it is european specific if it was found in ; austria, basque, scotland

I was as good as certain of that anyway. Not very informative for $7.

Vestri
01-31-2018, 03:52 AM
Ah, here we go :).

**Info below is for W1 Exists In: Europe, Middle East, South Asia, Central Asia. Most common in: Western Europe. Age Estimate: 13,000 years.

You belong to mHG W1g. I have only three examples of W1g in my database. One has no info on its place of origin. The other two both come from Portugal. W1g is a subclade of W1. The information above is for W1 not W1g.

W1 can be found in much of Eurasia. It has several popular and regional specific subclades. Yours isn’t one of them. I write a little about the regional-specific clades below in the “relatives” section of this report.

Your mHG is too rare to locate to one region or one ethnicity. However, If I had more mitogenomes I sure I would be able to that. Mitogenomes cost a lot of money to sequence. Because of that geneticists rarely sequence mitogenomes. It’ll probably be another 10+ years before geneticists sequence a decent amount of mitogenomes from most regions in the world. Right now, the mitogenome database is very limited and patchy.

For the many people like you who belong to rare mtDNA haplogroups, that means it’ll be many years before anything really informative can be learned about your haplogroup.

Early History

As you can see on the map above the oldest example of W1 comes from Anatolia (Turkey) and dates about 8,000 years old. W1 was first carried to Europe by Anatolian farmers about 8,000 years ago. Most or at least a huge fraction of mtDNA in every European ethic group descends from those ancient Anatolians. I wrote a post about its importance at my blog; Most European mtDNA is from Neolithic Anatolia.

In your email, you asked when I think your mtDNA entered Britain. There’s really no way to determine that. The preprint Olalde 2017, The Beaker Phenomenon And The Genomic Transformation Of Northwest Europe, revealed lots of info on ancient DNA from Neolithic and Bronze age Britain. The migration history of Britain is defined most by two events; arrival of farmers of mostly Anatolian decent in 4400 BC, arrival of Beaker folk of mixed European farmer (like the ones in Britain) & Steppe ancestry. Isles Celts, Irish & Welsh, should be of about 90% Beaker decent and 10% Neolithic British decent. English also have additional ancestry from Anglo Saxons who were very similar to the Beaker folk.

One of the Neolithic Brits and one the Beaker Brits sequenced by Olalde 2017 belonged to W1. Both the Beaker folk and Neolithic Brits carried W1. Almost, any origin story is possible for your W1g. It could have arrived in Britain with its first farmers in 4400 BC, it could have arrived in 1500 AD from Portugal (recall my only W1g samples are from Portugal). There’s no way to determine which origin story is more likely.

I wish I could tell you more. For some mHGs, it is easy to see when their expansion occurred from what location it originated in. I can’t do that for your mHG becaue I have too few examples of it in my mitogenome database. Sorry.

Relatives.

Geborgenheit
02-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Is it still possible to have this report ? The site does not function.

BalkanKiwi
02-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Is it still possible to have this report ? The site does not function.

Maybe he's done a runner with the money he has? :biggrin1: From what he had on the blog it sounds like he got a fair amount of requests though.

lukaszM
02-11-2018, 06:42 PM
This site is dead now.

But I remember there weren't any Literature section. Everything could be straight from his ass. If he describes some clade / subclade he MUST provide link to papers from which he gathered info. In another case he can made up everything literally and we have no proof if it is true or not

Long wall of text isn't proof of being expert.

I don't recommend this crap to anybody unless he could prove for every description on site, not to mention report send to people, that this info is based on scientific sources.

C J Wyatt III
02-11-2018, 07:24 PM
This site is dead now.

But I remember there weren't any Literature section. Everything could be straight from his ass. If he describes some clade / subclade he MUST provide link to papers from which he gathered info. In another case he can made up everything literally and we have no proof if it is true or not

Long wall of text isn't proof of being expert.

I don't recommend this crap to anybody unless he could prove for every description on site, not to mention report send to people, that this info is based on scientific sources.

I wonder what the total take was?

I find it amazing that the hunger for mtDNA information is so great that people jumped on that.

Seven dollars is amount which, as we say in the States, no one is going to make a Federal case over, so I guess he is home free.

Jack

firemonkey
02-11-2018, 07:47 PM
I think it's a problem that anything and anyone can be exploitable for a quick buck. Some of us are reliant on others to provide the information we do not have the skills to gather for ourselves. It's tempting when someone offers a service to presume (a) they intend to provide a genuine service (b) they are reasonably skilled/qualified at what they are doing. Whereas I think people tend to intend (a) I am not sure that the criteria for (b) is always fulfilled. It may indeed be a case of the semi blind leading the blind. I also think there's a tendency to equate paying for something however small with an increased chance of getting a trustworthy and substantial end product.

BalkanKiwi
02-11-2018, 11:11 PM
I was suspicious when someone we haven't heard of states, "No ones knows more about mtDNA than me".

timberwolf
02-12-2018, 01:46 AM
Does everyone know of everyone, who ordered this product and never received it?

ArmandoR1b
02-12-2018, 06:40 PM
I was suspicious when someone we haven't heard of states, "No ones knows more about mtDNA than me".

He has been around for several years. He used to post at Anthrogenica and he posts a lot at Eurogenes. He is/was also a frequent poster at Eupedia.

lukaszM
02-15-2018, 09:29 AM
He has been around for several years. He used to post at Anthrogenica and he posts a lot at Eurogenes. He is/was also a frequent poster at Eupedia.

Very interesting. But on Eupedia forum I saw identical thread like this started by the same person as here.

Tomenable
02-15-2018, 05:33 PM

You did. This is Krefter / FireHaired, and he used to post on this forum:

https://anthrogenica.com/member.php?2024-Krefter

Is he not sending you the report that you ordered or what's going on?

Tomenable
02-15-2018, 05:42 PM
The site does not function.

He sent me this message: "My blog lost its IP address. I'm trying to get back."

Tomenable
02-15-2018, 05:59 PM
I learned about his blog from this thread posted on 23 January:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?233543-Confused-about-your-mtDNA-I-have-a-solution-for-you

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?234008-Steppe-mtDNA

lukaszM
02-15-2018, 06:45 PM
I learned about his blog from this thread posted on 23 January:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?234008-Steppe-mtDNA

Still new user it was (not Krefter/ Firehaired). But it isn't too much important.
Anyway it doesn't change that he didn't provide any bibliography from what he gathered info. He could use outdated papers from 10 years ago for example, or no papers at all, just eupedia.

kingjohn
02-15-2018, 07:21 PM
Still new user it was (not Krefter/ Firehaired). But it isn't too much important.
Anyway it doesn't change that he didn't provide any bibliography from what he gathered info. He could use outdated papers from 10 years ago for example, or no papers at all, just eupedia.

i am not impressed by him
anyone can give information on comon mtdna types { h1,h2,h3,h5, u5,u4........ }
but when you get to some rare branches like for example: h67 in firemonkey
the guy didn't have much to say and the report look bad ....

ArmandoR1b
02-15-2018, 07:36 PM

Krefter/ Firehaired / Samuel Andrews is the same person.

He also has this blog http://mtdnaatlas.blogspot.com

I agree that he should provide the source of his info in his report and and as a college student he should know better.

He does what any of the rest of us could do which is scour all of the publications for mtDNA haplogroups and subclades. Jean Manco already has most of the ancient specimens in her site at http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/ancientdna.shtml

You can see some of his posts on mtDNA in this thread at Anthrogenica. http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2018/01/ancient-mitogenomes-from-sardinia-and.html

kingjohn
02-15-2018, 07:49 PM
the guy think that mtdna h3 is antolian farmer linage .... :nono:
while all ancient mtdna evidence contradict it....

i do agree that h3 is a farmer linage but not antolian one .....

Tomenable
02-16-2018, 02:33 AM
Anyway it doesn't change that he didn't provide any bibliography from what he gathered info.

I know for a fact that he has a large database, because he gave me access to some of his Google Sheets with ancient mtDNA some time ago. And all references were listed there (all the papers/studies). But I agree that maybe he should attach short "Bibliography" to his reports. Some mtDNA subclades are so rare that even with a large literature/bibliography it will be hard for him to write an informative report.

Like in case of firemonkey for example.

Which is why nobody offered such reports before him. :P

(...)

See above. H67 is rare and has not been found in ancient mtDNA so far. So it's hard to say a lot about its origins etc.

Tomenable
02-16-2018, 02:50 AM
but when you get to some rare branches like for example: h67 in firemonkey
the guy didn't have much to say and the report look bad ....

Yeah, perhaps he should ask customers about haplogroups in advance, and tell them if he is able to write a report.

If you have a very rare branch and nothing can be said about it, he should say "sorry I can't write a report for you".

That report isn't impressive, but I doubt anyone else could tell Firemonkey more about his H67.

kingjohn
02-16-2018, 04:03 AM
Yeah, perhaps he should ask customers about haplogroups in advance, and tell them if he is able to write a report.

If you have a very rare branch and nothing can be said about it, he should say "sorry I can't write a report for you".

That report isn't impressive, but I doubt anyone else could tell Firemonkey more about his H67.

ok but in firemonkey case it doesn't worth the 7 dollar he paid sory mate......

Tomenable
02-16-2018, 02:15 PM
Kingjohn,

I don't know, there are burgers for 7 dollars even though flipping burgers requires less effort than writing a report:

https://www.redrobin.com/everyday-value.html

At least you won't get sick from unfresh reports. I once ate kebab and next day I thought I would die, so sick I was.

Since that time I said "never again" to all fast foods. :) Except for hipster burgers from local providers like "Krowa".

Tomenable
02-16-2018, 02:24 PM
They should attach bibliography when they sell kebabs - with exact info about all ingredients and methods.

kingjohn
02-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Kingjohn,

I don't know, there are burgers for 7 dollars even though flipping burgers requires less effort than writing a report:

https://www.redrobin.com/everyday-value.html

At least you won't get sick from unfresh reports. I once ate kebab and next day I thought I would die, so sick I was.

Since that time I said "never again" to all fast foods. :) Except for hipster burgers from local providers like "Krowa".

your report looks good and informative
but if i was firemonkey and paid for this report and get what i get from him
i would have been disappointed and even angry about it .....

regards
adam

p.s
you should not eat kebab you don't have the genes for it :D

firemonkey
02-16-2018, 03:00 PM
your report looks good and informative
but if i was firemonkey and paid for this report and get what i get from him
i would have been disappointed and even angry about it .....

regards
adam

p.s
you should not eat kebab you don't have the genes for it :D

I had gone into it hoping very much that he was much better at finding out info re H67 than I was. I do think it was unethical of him to proceed to produce a report and take the money when it became obvious there wasn't much info to give.

kingjohn
02-16-2018, 03:03 PM
I had gone into it hoping very much that he was much better at finding out info re H67 than I was. I do think it was unethical of him to proceed to produce a report and take the money when it became obvious there wasn't much info to give.

thats what i think that he shouldn't take the money in your case ....... :\

Kratos
05-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Just to add here that I got my test back from 23andme and my mtDNA came back as W6. Then I ran the James Lick's tool and it said most likely W6a....now...I'm Portuguese...my parents and grandparents and their parents are Portuguese...how the hell it came back W6a which is Slav? My father line is R1b-P311, which is more Celtic than the Glasgow Celtics...crazy stuff my friends...

Geborgenheit
05-13-2018, 10:03 PM
Just to add here that I got my test back from 23andme and my mtDNA came back as W6. Then I ran the James Lick's tool and it said most likely W6a....now...I'm Portuguese...my parents and grandparents and their parents are Portuguese...how the hell it came back W6a which is Slav? My father line is R1b-P311, which is more Celtic than the Glasgow Celtics...crazy stuff my friends...

W is not 0% in Western Europe, it is rare, but not non-existent, you can be Portuguese and W. :)

Kratos
05-14-2018, 09:23 AM
W is not 0% in Western Europe, it is rare, but not non-existent, you can be Portuguese and W. :)

Right, that lets me assume that somewhere recently (max 300 years ago), some man married a slav and then the rest is history and shown on my mtdna...It doesn't seem to be a population migration, like R1b or J1-2.

Saetro
05-14-2018, 08:23 PM
Some Spanish served with the Teutonic knights up in NE Poland.

Ruderico
05-15-2018, 11:28 AM

It's not unheard of having atypical haplogroups, besides W is all over Europe in small quantities, it's not like finding out you have yDNA O - that would be wierd. It could be in our country for longer than 300 years, you'd have to dig deeper into it to find out. Also R1b-P311 isn't necessarily Celtic, U106 falls under it and is very clearly Germanic (but don't tell Finn I said that), DF27 is very clearly SW European and probably of Beaker origin, so not Celtic but rather something earlier - proto-Italo-Celtic for example, it's hard to guess and very debatable