PDA

View Full Version : Northern Mexican Ancestry DNA results

davidst91
02-02-2018, 11:32 PM
Hello everyone, Iím new here, a little bit on my background, I was born and raised in the northern Mexican state of Chihuahua, my mom was born in Durango Mexico and my dad is from Chihuahua Mexico but with ancestry from central Mexico, Guanajuato, Aguascalientes and Jalisco.

my ancestry dna results:
Native American 45% (Chihuahua & Durango Genetic Community), Iberian Peninsula 27%, Europe South 6%, Ireland/Scotland/Wales 3%, Asia South 3%, Asia Central 2%, Africa North 2%, Finland/NW Russia 2%, Europe West 2%, Africa S.E. Bantu 2%, Senegal <1%, Middle East <1%, Benin Togo <1%, Europe East <1%, Mali 1%, European Jewish <1%

My Motherís ancestry dna results:
Iberian Peninsula 39%, Native American 35% (Chihuahua & Durango Genetic Community), Europe South 8%, Africa S.E. Bantu 3%, Asia South 2%, Great Britain 2%, Ireland/Scotland/Wales 2%, Africa North 2%, European Jewish 2%, Asia Central 1%, Senegal 1%, Benin Togo <1%, Polynesia <1%, Middle East <1%

My Fatherís ancestry dna results:
Native American 60% (Western & Central Mexico and Zacatecas & Aguascalientes Genetic Community), Iberian Peninsula 17%, Europe West 3%, Europe South 2%, Caucasus 2%, Cameroon Congo 2%, Finland/NW Russia 2%, Middle East 2%, European Jewish 2%, Asia Central 2%, Asia South 1%, Scandinavia 1%, Africa North 1%, Nigeria 1%, Africa S.E. Bantu 1%, Great Britain <1%

I knew we were going to have Native American, and Iberian Peninsula for sure and possibly South European, knowing the history of Mexico and Spain, do you think the African and West Asia and the rest of the European ancestry were brought by the Spaniards? do we have african ancestry due to slavery in the americas or did Spaniards who were already Mixed in Spain bring the African DNA? thanks in advance!

Leto
02-03-2018, 02:21 AM
The African was certainly brought by the slaves, not by the Spanish, save for a minor percentage of North African, which is still largely Caucasoid, not Sub-Saharan. The West Asian is most likely some misinterpreted South European ancestry.

yelmex
02-03-2018, 03:00 AM
The African was certainly brought by the slaves, not by the Spanish, save for a minor percentage of North African, which is still largely Caucasoid, not Sub-Saharan. The West Asian is most likely some misinterpreted South European ancestry.

Agree with this.

lilac9
02-03-2018, 03:31 AM
I think it is very possible that the Spanish of the 1500's had more North African and maybe low levels of SSA as well.

davidst91
02-03-2018, 04:02 AM
so what do you guys think about the Central Asian? Mongol and Hunnic inavsions? what about South Asian?

Leto
02-05-2018, 02:07 AM
I think it is very possible that the Spanish of the 1500's had more North African and maybe low levels of SSA as well.
Canarian islanders do have that, but they are not mainland Spaniards. However, quite a few converted Sephardics came to America and assimilated there.

Leto
02-05-2018, 02:08 AM
so what do you guys think about the Central Asian? Mongol and Hunnic inavsions? what about South Asian?
The Mongols and Huns didn't reach anywhere west and south of Germany and even there they barely left any genetic legacy. I think that CA stuff is something misinterpreted. Probably Amerindian or West Asian.

Dubhthach
02-05-2018, 10:15 AM

I'm Irish (living in Ireland) and I get 'Central Asian' at a small percentage, it's either 'noise' or reflective of very ancient connection found in most Europeans (eg. perhaps as far back as Bronze age)