PDA

View Full Version : What sites can i upload my raw data from LivingDNA too ?

SaltyShanker
02-06-2018, 04:45 AM
Ive already uploaded it to gedmatch , geneplaza , gencove . Is there any others that will take living dna data ? its a shame that not too many do :( wouldve loved to test with myheritage .

timberwolf
02-06-2018, 05:03 AM
You could try DNAland.

SaltyShanker
02-06-2018, 05:22 AM
They sadly wont take it , it says 'upload error: invalid file format. Supported types: 23-and-Me, AncestryDNA, FamiltyTreeDNA files.'

timberwolf
02-06-2018, 05:26 AM
They sadly wont take it , it says 'upload error: invalid file format. Supported types: 23-and-Me, AncestryDNA, FamiltyTreeDNA files.'

Maybe try Dnatribes, not too sure if they take LDNA data, plus they cost money.

Is LDNA the only company you have tested with?

SaltyShanker
02-06-2018, 05:30 AM
Ill check out DNAtribes , thanks . And yeah LivingDNA is currently the only one ive tested with , i want to test with another but im not sure what to test with next , any suggestions ? :D

timberwolf
02-06-2018, 05:49 AM
Ill check out DNAtribes , thanks . And yeah LivingDNA is currently the only one ive tested with , i want to test with another but im not sure what to test with next , any suggestions ? :D

Good question, depends on what you are wanting to do.

If you are wanting a good package deal, then perhaps 23andme, as you get matching Y and mtdna haplogroups, however I believe V5 is not regarded as a great platform.

Ancestry, you do not get Haplogroups, but its genetic communities are really good, and you can upload its data to FTDNA and myheritage and all of the other smaller players.

If you are interested in getting a finer detail on your haplogroups, then FTDNA is the way to go.

Myheritage you can upload data too. Unfortunately not LDNA, its admixture estimate is by far the worst, however it is relatively cheap and it has more international testers eg not just from the Anglo Saxon world. So for someone of Swiss-German heritage that may be the way to go.

The best thing is to cast your net wide.

I hope that is helpful

SaltyShanker
02-06-2018, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the info ! I might go with AncestryDNA so i can than upload it to other websites like MyHeritage and others that i cannot do with living dna :D

kingjohn
02-06-2018, 02:35 PM
gedmatch genesis