PDA

View Full Version : MyHeritage Chromosome Browser

BalkanKiwi
03-03-2018, 04:07 AM
Hi all,

I thought I'd give everyone a heads up (if you haven't seen it already), that MyHeritage now have a Chromosome Browser tool available, listed under "DNA".

firemonkey
03-03-2018, 06:16 AM
Tried this. Myself plus 5 others = You and all of the selected dna matches share one triangulated segment.
chr 7 -10.8cMs 4864 .

2 matches state Sweden ,2 Norway . 2 only have Scandinavian ethnicity in common with me. The only shared ethnicity they all have in common with me is Scandinavian. It's on my mother's side.

Another-Myself and 4 others. All Norway. Share one triangulated segment chr10 12cMs 3072
Only shared ethnicity in common with me- Scandinavian.

Heard it's quite likely to be taken down because people are going to start screaming "Invasion of privacy" :(

timberwolf
03-03-2018, 06:20 AM
Tried this. Myself plus 5 others = You and all of the selected dna matches share one triangulated segment.
chr 7 -10.8 4864 .

2 matches state Sweden ,2 Norway . 2 only have Scandinavian ethnicity in common with me. The only shared ethnicity they all have in common with me is Scandinavian. It's on my mother's side.

Heard it's quite likely to be taken down because people are going to start screaming "Invasion of privacy" :(

Where did you hear, it might be taken down?

firemonkey
03-03-2018, 06:36 AM
I heard it on a facebook group message. To do with it being opt in not opt out .

timberwolf
03-03-2018, 06:39 AM
I heard it on a facebook group message. To do with it being opt in not opt out .

OK

People should always have the option of opting out, if they so wish.

firemonkey
03-03-2018, 06:42 AM
I guess some just want the ethnicity result and don't want to share info.

timberwolf
03-03-2018, 06:47 AM
Yeah, personally I think your matches are far more useful.

Just give them the option to opt out, no need to take this new feature down.

firemonkey
03-03-2018, 02:42 PM
Just heard that a lot of these TG seem to be pile ups. I have 2 triangulated groups One is in a pile up area on 10(12cMs), and the other on 7(10.8cMs) isn't. I wonder what the rule of thumb is re size of triangulated area and Pile ups. The greater the triangulated area the more likely to be IBD despite being in a pile up region ?